gta 4 sound problem for pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic
laveyansatanist
  • laveyansatanist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:20 AM

i have a problem with my gta 4,evrything works fine,but i hav a major sound problem,its like even when i get out of the car,i can stil hear the radio,n if i stop the car instantly,the screeching sound echos again n again n sometimes from nowher,some wierd noise comes,n sometimes when those cut scenes comes n if i skip them i stil hear the speeches,n sometimes i cant hear what they r sayin
i reinstalled my windows,stil the same problem
i hav a core 2 quad,4gb ram,nvidia 9400gt graphics card.
i dont hav a soundcard,but i hav high config n so i dont need a soundcard,n i hav this via hd audio deck software,can it get confilcted with it or somethin? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

what can be the problem,please help me..
=[

87Century
  • 87Century

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:07 PM Edited by 87Century, 29 December 2008 - 09:09 PM.

I have the exact same problem. The rest of the game is fine, no Gfx problems just buggy sound. it seams to play fine on start up but after 20 seconds the game hangs/ freezes, then the sound problems start. Car horns will hang, radio stations will stay on in the background and over time the foreground sound effects are lost till all thatís left is the background sounds and the radio.

I too only have an onboard sound card: Realtek AC'97 with the latest driver (6293-09/16/08) so is that the issue?

vango
  • vango

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

I have same problems, but this was help!
In the performance tab of "Audio and Sound Devices" go to speaker settings -> advanced -> Performance -> and move Hardware acceleration down to the second notch from 'none'.
After that i can play game and I have no problems with sound! Good luck!!

miscy
  • miscy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

I still got the problem and im using:
Realtek ALC1200 @ Intel 82801JB ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller PCI
CAn that be a problem?

wilwin
  • wilwin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (87Century @ Dec 29 2008, 21:07)
I have the exact same problem. The rest of the game is fine, no Gfx problems just buggy sound. it seams to play fine on start up but after 20 seconds the game hangs/ freezes, then the sound problems start. Car horns will hang, radio stations will stay on in the background and over time the foreground sound effects are lost till all thatís left is the background sounds and the radio.

I too only have an onboard sound card: Realtek AC'97 with the latest driver (6293-09/16/08) so is that the issue?

If the loading screen music does not stop when the game starts, you may have the same problem I have. For me it helps to immediatly click on start after the logo screens (when that Rockstar TV Screen is loaded). I have no permanent fix for this, but by doing this little workaround it works for me.

skylinkon
  • skylinkon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

I have exactly the same problem,
I saw that this problems happen more frecuently when i am in the airport.
The solution of vango don't solve nothing only more lagg.
But thanks for the help.

FRAGEYE
  • FRAGEYE

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

It is worth sometimes trying random other sound drivers. Drivers can f*ck up performance, same for sound drivers. I use realtek sound and it works perfect ingame, no stutter or loops etc. Also use a mic.
I am not using the newest realtek drivers for my chip. Also there are many different realtek chips, so some might not have good drivers anyway, potluck really, you just gotto try different versions.
There might be a fix for you talk to Rockstar.

noVa
  • noVa

Avast Ye Mateys

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

if you have disabled v-sync in your graphics card control panel or via -novblank in commandline.txt then get rid of it/enable v-sync and see if it helps.

skylinkon
  • skylinkon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (FRAGEYE @ Jan 12 2009, 00:19)
It is worth sometimes trying random other sound drivers. Drivers can f*ck up performance, same for sound drivers. I use realtek sound and it works perfect ingame, no stutter or loops etc. Also use a mic.
I am not using the newest realtek drivers for my chip. Also there are many different realtek chips, so some might not have good drivers anyway, potluck really, you just gotto try different versions.
There might be a fix for you talk to Rockstar.

I have realteck.
But problems are the same I don't know whats appen but the game with this sound sucks

I change to no v-sync, but the problem persist

izzy eckerslike
  • izzy eckerslike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Go into the Rockstar directory & make a shortcut to the GTAIV exe file, the one which fires up the game if you click it.
remove the shortcut you already may have off the desktop & put the new shortcut there & add -minspecaudio
Don't use existing desktop shortcut -it won't work

"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV.exe" -minspecaudio

I flashed my mobo bios & ever since I have been getting faulty audio, horns blaring & getting stuck etc but the above fix gave me better sound than I had right from the start, sounds like the taxi driver tapping in his console & vehicle indicators clicking I never heard before. Try it, nothing to lose

skylinkon
  • skylinkon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:54 AM

this sistem dont work because the pc or aplication don't found any file , that have -minspecaudio, and i can't accep in the window propities

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:58 AM

Hey, make file commandline.txt in your GTAIV.EXE folder and put the command in there wink.gif

This shortcut business is unneeded as the game is built to recognize your command file wink.gif

When you open your commandline.txt, just type in -minspecaudio and save it smile.gif

ZaCkOX
  • ZaCkOX

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (laveyansatanist @ Dec 28 2008, 08:20)
i have a problem with my gta 4,evrything works fine,but i hav a major sound problem,its like even when i get out of the car,i can stil hear the radio,n if i stop the car instantly,the screeching sound echos again n again n sometimes from nowher,some wierd noise comes,n sometimes when those cut scenes comes n if i skip them i stil hear the speeches,n sometimes i cant hear what they r sayin
i dont hav a soundcard,but i hav high config n so i dont need a soundcard,n i hav this via hd audio deck software,can it get confilcted with it or somethin? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

=[

Run your volume control, check for muted and unmuted. Sometimes the mixers can change and other playbacks get enabled. If I saw your problem I could fix it for ya but I don't have a lot of information to go off of. suicidal.gif

When you say you reinstalled windows? Was that over Windows already?

This problem happen for just GTA 4?

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

What? He has the loop forever repeat bug, not mute tounge.gif

izzy eckerslike
  • izzy eckerslike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

Another fix for faulty sound works a treat for me, simply turn down Audio hardware acceleration in windows control panel to either 'none' or move the slider halfway & try that first, this doesn't require tampering with any of the game settings

miscy
  • miscy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

I still got the problem whit when i start the game, the loading music for example still runs while i am playing. And at the little mission movies, when i cut them they still talk while im playing :s

wilwin
  • wilwin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (miscy @ Jan 22 2009, 14:11)
I still got the problem whit when i start the game, the loading music for example still runs while i am playing. And at the little mission movies, when i cut them they still talk while im playing :s

If the loading screen music does not stop when the game starts, you may have the same problem I have. For me it helps to immediatly click on start after the logo screens have appeared (when the Rockstar TV Screen is loaded). I have no permanent fix for this, but by doing this little workaround it works for me.

miscy
  • miscy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

I still got the problem

ppipp
  • ppipp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

Many people have the same problem, no advice given in this thread fixes anything (I've tried them all), except playing with unpatched GTA 4. This bug was introduced by the first patch and was not corrected in the second.
Rockstar never acknowledged this bug, so they didn't fix it in their last patch. They have a poor quality control. But since this board is flooded with multiple issues, I guess it will take one more year to bugfix their faulty product.

wilwin
  • wilwin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

For me the 2nd patch fixed the problem... thx rockstar

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

Try the "-notimefix" command line.

And yes, if you have hardware acceleration on for Audio Playback try setting it to "none". Also make sure your speaker configuration is correct in the Sound and Audio section of control panel, as well as the in game Audio options.

cvegard
  • cvegard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (laveyansatanist @ Dec 28 2008, 08:20)

=[

I still have the problem after installing the patch v. 1.0.3.0...
But have solved it temporary by reinstalling GTA without any of the patches.

I think the sound loop thingy started after installing a new graphic card (from NVIDIA 8600 GTS 256mb to the one below)

Current spec:
Windows XP Pro SP3, 32bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual, 3 GHz, 2GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (512 mb)
Realtek HD Audio

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:28 AM

Have you tried cleaning up the drivers after the card replacement?

cvegard
  • cvegard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Jun 9 2009, 05:28)
Have you tried cleaning up the drivers after the card replacement?

Yes, I have uninstalled and sweeped all Nvidia and realtek drivers. And then reinstalled them. But it didn't help..

DarkRaven
  • DarkRaven

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:08 PM Edited by DarkRaven, 16 June 2009 - 01:29 AM.

I had the exact same problem just now. Just managed to fix it by re-installing the 1.0.3.0 patch.
I use a crack, can't be bothered with all the crap you have to run to start playing.
Might have been what caused the problem. Believe it or not, I did buy the game. biggrin.gif
Anyways, working now, with the crack. Good luck on fixing it guys icon14.gif

Edit: Had the same problem again, and noticed that it started when I switched to the "Independence" radio station
(the one with your own music). Was easily fixed by going to audio settings and do a "quick scan". biggrin.gif

WindedTrash
  • WindedTrash

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

I have a problem like this: Sounds are freezing and sometimes the game crashes when audio is freezed long enough. Ill try the -notimefix command

Anna&I
  • Anna&I

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

I have been having similar problems for months. The audiofrom the loading screen continues well into the game and when it finally ends the audio is way off.

I have tried reinstalling the game , reinstalling patches , removing mods , and playing with the hardware acceleration.

Any help would be appreciated.

lord0o
  • lord0o

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:45 AM Edited by lord0o, 09 August 2009 - 08:50 AM.

Did you fixed it yet?....

HERE IS "MY" SOLUTION... (MY because this worked for ME, and i think this will work for anyone)

cause I've found a solution and exactly drivers specs for SoundMAX realtec blabla, and those things...

I've been searching on the web and I didnt found nothing...

You need to download the version of SoundMAX 5.10.1.4130 and go trough the sound options of windows in control panel and turn to NONE the hardware acceleration... ...by the way, I've uploaded it because I didn't found it on driversguide anymore :S...

link:
http://rapidshare.co...050928.ZIP.html

(CAN BE DOWNLOADED 10 TIMES)

here's other link:
http://download.cnet...0_4-104732.html

any question, just mail me with Subject "SOUND MAX GTA PROBLEM (READ PLEASE)"

I hope it help you smile.gif

ps, lol..my email lordazo (at) gmail (dot) com

rodox
  • rodox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

Some new fix?
Here continues that...
I do all the things and dont fix sad.gif

locithrium
  • locithrium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (DarkRaven @ Jun 15 2009, 19:08)
I had the exact same problem just now. Just managed to fix it by re-installing the 1.0.3.0 patch.
I use a crack, can't be bothered with all the crap you have to run to start playing.
Might have been what caused the problem. Believe it or not, I did buy the game. biggrin.gif
Anyways, working now, with the crack. Good luck on fixing it guys icon14.gif

Edit: Had the same problem again, and noticed that it started when I switched to the "Independence" radio station
(the one with your own music). Was easily fixed by going to audio settings and do a "quick scan". biggrin.gif

100 x thanks darkraven icon14.gif

this was the solution to the sound problem

i did everything for hardware acceleration changing, reinstalled soundmax driver

if u did all that try this IT WORKS !!

thanks dude

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users