Photo

Regarding the Superman script and explosions

4 replies to this topic
Foogooman
  • Foogooman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

As many of you know, the script for invincibility from falls, bullets, and everything else also makes it impossible to be knocked back by explosions. So I ask you, is there a way to get around this? Perhaps finding a native function that disables bullet damage, then one that disables fall damage and put them both in a script. Or, maybe use the invincibility native function but also use another function that allows being ragdolled by explosions? There must be a way around it.

Rich246
  • Rich246

A Custom What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

I would love to have this...

I would go to the top the the empire state building and take a rpg, and then weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I would fly XD... dozingoff.gif

Lyall
  • Lyall

Clocker

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:42 PM

There doesnt appear to be anyway afaik but theres a mod that allows you to fire yourself with a rocket launcher except it isn't a script it just a replacer for explosionfx.dat and weaponinfo.xml that gets rid of the damage but you can still use it to fire yourself all over the place.

abuckyboy: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=382803
Videos:
Rocket Mod
Grenade mod
Files:
Rockandnade.zip
Info:
This mod makes your rockets and grenades blast you into the skys without hurting you!
It gives the abilty to have 25 rockets.
You only get hurt by hitting the ground or objects.
You can get anywhere you want really fast!
Enjoy!

Rich246
  • Rich246

A Custom What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Lyall @ Dec 26 2008, 18:42)
Theres a mod that allows you to fire yourself with a rocket launcher except it isnt a script it just a replacer for explosionfx.dat and weaponinfo.xml that gets rid of the damage but you can still use it to fire yourself all over the place.

That's kinda strange tho, unless you can add another rocket launcher or grenade to the game so your rocket launcher isn't useless..

I also doubt that would work with the superman.lua being as it overwrites etc...

Foogooman
  • Foogooman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Lyall @ Dec 26 2008, 23:42)
There doesnt appear to be anyway afaik but theres a mod that allows you to fire yourself with a rocket launcher except it isn't a script it just a replacer for explosionfx.dat and weaponinfo.xml that gets rid of the damage but you can still use it to fire yourself all over the place.

abuckyboy: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=382803
Videos:
Rocket Mod
Grenade mod
Files:
Rockandnade.zip
Info:
This mod makes your rockets and grenades blast you into the skys without hurting you!
It gives the abilty to have 25 rockets.
You only get hurt by hitting the ground or objects.
You can get anywhere you want really fast!
Enjoy!

Yes, and I have that. It's not so great though. You can still die if you fall too far, which in many cases defeats the purpose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users