The Sims

916 replies to this topic
Vercetti21
  • Vercetti21

V21

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 28 2008, 17:52)
IN-GAME ADVERTISING? What, you pay for a game to have lousy adverts in it confused.gif
Or how does that work correct me please, if I'm wrong

You pay for the game and promoters pay for advertising in-game, thus EA makes more money. Which is all they're interested in.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Vercetti21 @ Dec 29 2008, 01:06)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Dec 28 2008, 17:52)
IN-GAME ADVERTISING? What, you pay for a game to have lousy adverts in it confused.gif
Or how does that work correct me please, if I'm wrong

You pay for the game and promoters pay for advertising in-game, thus EA makes more money. Which is all they're interested in.

Basically thats about it. But apparently there is more to it then that. To check that the in game advertising actually works. (supposedly it worked this way in BF2)

The advert would be displayed on a say a bilboard in game, then game would then track if the player looked at the advert, for how long and then sends this information back to EA.

As far as I'm aware.

On to the sims.

One of the things that really bugs me at the moment is that the only lots you can build are residential and community. You cannot directly build a Apartment lot or Dorm let etc. You have to start it as a Residental lot, build the walls etc then use a cheat to change the lot zoning and then you can furnish it as a Apartment lot.

Bit of faffing around if you ask me.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:47 AM

I don't get why people are so pissed off about in-game advertising, most games have fake advertising anyway (GTA for example), and with the less greedy companies, you might even get the games for free.

Not paying for WoW, but seeing the occasional ad for Burger King or something wouldn't kill the experience for me if they were in the right spot... (Imagine fighting Arthas, beating him, only to have a FMV play an ad for McDonalds...)

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

I wouldn't mind the advertising so much, just the fact that they have the whole thing that Spore did. I mean, I know I've installed the Sims 2 and some of the expansions way more than 3 times.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Gangsta Killa @ Dec 29 2008, 02:34)
One of the things that really bugs me at the moment is that the only lots you can build are residential and community. You cannot directly build a Apartment lot or Dorm let etc. You have to start it as a Residental lot, build the walls etc then use a cheat to change the lot zoning and then you can furnish it as a Apartment lot.

Bit of faffing around if you ask me.

They will remove most of the fun elements in the first release so they could make millions of expansion packs, like always. That is my best guess...

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

I mean thats once you've installed the addon. I'm never happy with the default lots that come with it.

@advertising, I wouldn't mind it providing I'm not paying an arm and a leg to stare at adverts. If they put in game advertising and lower the price then fine.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

I don't know if its the same price for Amazon.com but with the UK version there selling the sims 3 for 29.35 ( and you could save that P&P price if you go with super save delivery ) I was thinking of going with that since it seems to be the cheapest around.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

That doesn't seem too bad. Does seem to be the cheapest.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

Here's a little update. Since my VIP section for the Sims 3 website isn't working I'm sometimes forgetting about the new things coming up for the game.
Heres a little something from the new Sim creator section ( Well I'm not totally sure on that ) Or its from the Build and Design part of the game.
user posted image

And here's a little interview from the 1UP Website!
A good read, still gets me excited for the game. And here's some comparison photos from the Sims 2 and Sims 3 to show you obviously the differences there will be. Click ME!

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

Hmm.. I'm thinking of getting Sims 2. Which expansion packs should I get?
Also, can you wear a welding mask in the game?

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Jan 1 2009, 23:43)

I don't think you can.
I decided to watch some vids of Sims 3. It looks really good and the personality feature makes it much better.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (FiliGTAFan @ Jan 1 2009, 23:53)

I don't think you can.
I decided to watch some vids of Sims 3. It looks really good and the personality feature makes it much better.

What kind of clothing is there?

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Jan 2 2009, 00:24)
QUOTE (FiliGTAFan @ Jan 1 2009, 23:53)

I don't think you can.

What kind of clothing is there?

Theres loads of different clothing that you get with the Sims 2. Plus all the expansions give you new ones. But I'm sure like most people that play the game a lot they download clothes/hair/objects from websites to make the game better. And with expansions you can pick and chose as long as you don't install an older expansion before a newer one. Well thats from personal experience I don't know if thats what its like now. However, I'd personally wait until the Sims 3 come out, just because its near the release date and there's so many Sims 2 expansions you'll be spending more money than needed for a Sims game.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:04 AM

Looks like now we can fully customize our sims, many times i wanted to make real fat sims but couldn't.

poopskin
  • poopskin

Yardie | Not a Clever Man

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

What are the system requirements for S3? (have they been announced?) Will 512mb of RAM cut it for running acceptably at low settings?

Road Kill Cafe
  • Road Kill Cafe

Forum lurker

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

I never liked the sheer amount of extension packs. Mainly because they would always bog down my old computer. confused.gif

But I do like the sound of the whole neighborhood "aging together" thing for the Sims 3.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:58 AM Edited by The General., 02 January 2009 - 06:10 AM.

QUOTE (poopskin @ Jan 1 2009, 22:19)
What are the system requirements for S3? (have they been announced?) Will 512mb of RAM cut it for running acceptably at low settings?

I don't think so

here are the specs to run the game.

THE SIMS 3 MINIMUM HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS

FOR WINDOWS XP
* Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1 GB RAM
* At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

FOR WINDOWS VISTA
* Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
* 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1.5 GB RAM
* At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

from here

This game has really low specs to play it. My computer can play The Sims 2 on almost everything high. So this is no problem for me right now. biggrin.gif

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

Sims 3 look awsome. I'm a big fan of the Sims series.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

I'm surprised that the game doesn't need higher specs. I was thinking when it came out my PC wouldn't be able to play it, but I'm happily ready to play it since there's no problem. Lets just hope that the expansion packs aren't going to hog up memory.

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

Ahh, the Sims. I have to admit, I played the original Sims and Sims 2 for countless hours. I haven't played in probably over a year as I had to make room for my music but I'm definitely going to be buying this.

I might have to re-install the Sims 2 and play it non-stop until Sims 3 is released.

One thing I cannot stand about the Sims though is how EA release so many f*cken expansion packs. I f*cken hate EA. I buy the game for over $100 and then they release well over five expansion packs all worth over $20. Why can't they just put all the ideas and objects etc. from the expansion packs into the original game? I know why, because EA are greedy c*nts.

Little Chris
  • Little Chris

Mayor Potater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

I always make friggen awesome houses for my sims to live in and yet they still sulk all day long and shout incoherently at each other, i bought the sims 2 for PC took me about a week to complete my megamansion and the sims to live in it and what thanks do i get, none! thats what unappreciative bastards. In the end i just locked them in a room with a furnace and rug and let the magic happen. Made me happy watching the family burn to death in a secret room in the heart of the mansion biggrin.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Little Chris @ Jan 2 2009, 16:59)
I always make friggen awesome houses for my sims to live in and yet they still sulk all day long and shout incoherently at each other, i bought the sims 2 for PC took me about a week to complete my megamansion and the sims to live in it and what thanks do i get, none! thats what unappreciative bastards. In the end i just locked them in a room with a furnace and rug and let the magic happen. Made me happy watching the family burn to death in a secret room in the heart of the mansion biggrin.gif

Haha that secret room in the heart of the house reminded me of that film House on Haunted Hill 2. I've never been that good with making houses either lack of imagination or the fact that I get a little bored having to put wallpaper and stuff up and there not being any good ones to pick from. Then again, after downloading some TV thing that maxes out all of the sims skills/wants/aspiration/badges and god knows what else, its given me way more time to actually get the sims up to the top of their career and actually live without having to stop every 2 seconds for them to go to the toilet and shower.

Little Chris
  • Little Chris

Mayor Potater

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

I couldnt do it on my old PS2 sad.gif So i had to put up with them moaning with at eachother all the time and getting stressed out for no reason. I remember i decided to read the newspaper to check out the job adverts which was cool cause i got to a high rank in the security business, all of a sudden i think my main character had a midlife crysis minus the sports car or motorbike and started being bloody ignorent. i missed work two days on the run because i made the sim stay up late to keep his needs at a normal level, then he would get out of bed in a pissed off mood and i thought i could maybe raise his stats a bit by hitting the weights before work. He didnt finish the excercise in time twice on the run and on the third day he decided he needed to take a sh*t before work and missed the bus again. He got fired, went into depression or some sh*t so i did the honourable thing by locking him in a room and fast forwarding time to make him starve to death.

chyeah!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

Haha yeah I always hate that they decide to do something right before work without you even realizing their doing until their half way through it, so you cancel it and they miss work. I just pre ordered my copy today from Amazon.co.uk, all I can say is I doubt I'll be getting it on the day being as I chose the super saver delivery.

Little Chris
  • Little Chris

Mayor Potater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

Normally they arive release date whatever shipping status you order with so hopefully you will have a blast of it on release day. I have a fair bit of money in my bank account meant to be for a car but im sure 40 pounds wont damage me to much.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

I've been a fan of that game ever since I borrowed a copy of it from my classmate. I modded my game a lot, with custom objects and new celebrity skins. Most of my residents (in Pleasantview, that is) are celebrities like Michael Jackson, CJ, 50 Cent, Zinedine Zidane, and a bunch of fictional and IRL people.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

I always mod my games as well, just makes it generally better. I canceled my order actually. Being as it says it wasn't coming until March..or April whichever. So I'm going to go buy Skate 2 instead and then save up again for the Sims 3. Still though, I'm looking forward to see what mods are brought out for the Sims 3.

Little Chris
  • Little Chris

Mayor Potater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

I just got some awesome news which means ill definately be able to pre order it sometime soon. My neighbor has two pitbulls that live next door but unfortunately he cannot walk them because of his criminal record. He has a partner who is 21 but she cant walk them because they are too powerfull. That leaves me to deal with the problem, i got offered between 50-100 a week to walk the dogs twice a day once in the afternoon and once in the evening. which means i can easily get funds for my car.

So ill preorder the game on my mums card for the PC and give her the money in cash so i should be able to play it when it comes out.

Is there a way to share houses for the new sims over the internet, for example could i send you rebel a house for you to use ingame? Cause with your "lack of imagination tounge2.gif ) and me training in the construction business im sure it would be a plus for both of us if i practise my house building skills on the sims for you to use aswell as myself biggrin.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Little Chris @ Jan 6 2009, 14:42)
I just got some awesome news which means ill definately be able to pre order it sometime soon. My neighbor has two pitbulls that live next door but unfortunately he cannot walk them because of his criminal record. He has a partner who is 21 but she cant walk them because they are too powerfull. That leaves me to deal with the problem, i got offered between 50-100 a week to walk the dogs twice a day once in the afternoon and once in the evening. which means i can easily get funds for my car.

So ill preorder the game on my mums card for the PC and give her the money in cash so i should be able to play it when it comes out.

Is there a way to share houses for the new sims over the internet, for example could i send you rebel a house for you to use ingame? Cause with your "lack of imagination tounge2.gif ) and me training in the construction business im sure it would be a plus for both of us if i practise my house building skills on the sims for you to use aswell as myself biggrin.gif

I always use my mums card and then give her the cash, but its good because she tends not to want the money, so I get off. Well, if you enjoy building the houses so much, I know you can upload them for loads of people to download ( which if you tell me what house/your username I could find it on there as well ) but there's this place called Modthesims2.com which I pretty much get everything I've ever had in the Sims from there all free as well. You should check it out. Being as there's always a demand for new houses to be packaged up wink.gif

Little Chris
  • Little Chris

Mayor Potater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

Ah well thats good news then.

I have an idea for a house on the sims 3 ill do a basic plan tell me what you think of it.

Roof.
Half triangular.
Other half will be a seating area accesed by secret stairs from the basement, it will also feature a rooftop gym and a place to launch golfballs at other buildings.

1st Floor
2 large bedrooms
2 medium bedrooms
2 bathrooms (1 En-suite]

Ground Floor
2 large living rooms
Kitchen/Dining room
Games room

Basement
indoor underground pool
Secret underground passageway to another underground room.

Obviously sounds quite sh*te at the moment but would look rather good when im finished i imagine. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users