» «
Photo

The Sims

916 replies to this topic
Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:21 AM Edited by Warlord., 30 July 2012 - 03:13 AM.

So Tyrone Jones just became a hit movie composer.

What's weird is, I was hoping there'd be a rapper career when I made this character (HUGE black dude). But now he's a symphonic artist. What a weird turn of events. tounge.gif

Thinking of getting the Age Freeze potion if I can earn enough reward points before I hit the bucket. Lets see.

Edit: Yep, got the Age Freeze potion. Maxed out my logic as well and now Tyrone's earning $500 an hour if I remember right. Got his own limo to take him places and sh*t. High roller lol. tounge.gif

Wanna try out the dusty lamp next. I'm curious if its similar to the VERY unpredictable lamp in Sims 1. tounge.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

I haven't installed Showtime yet notify.gif I'm just playing The Sims Medieval, I loved it, does anyone play it too?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:38 PM Edited by ccrogers15, 30 July 2012 - 08:40 PM.

Bad news: EA IS GOING 100% DIGITAL:
http://kotaku.com/59...-be-100-digital
angry.gif

no more retail games from EA/Maxis.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:48 AM

WHAT!!!!!!! I can't believe it angry.gif angry.gif I don't LIKE DIGITAL!! I LIKE TO HAVE THE GAMES BOXES!! If it really happens sorry EA, but I WON'T BE BUYING GAMES FROM YOU!!!!!!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 01:48)
WHAT!!!!!!! I can't believe it angry.gif angry.gif I don't LIKE DIGITAL!! I LIKE TO HAVE THE GAMES BOXES!! If it really happens sorry EA, but I WON'T BE BUYING GAMES FROM YOU!!!!!!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Agreed 100%. I hate digital games.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

Sorry for the double post, but EA just announced the Sims 3 seasons to be in full development:

user posted image

Official Description:
he Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack offers Sims the chance to experience dynamic weather and new activities associated with the changes in climate. Sims can finally swim in the ocean and use diving boards in the summer, participate in sports such as soccer, set off fireworks, carve pumpkins and build igloos.
Annual Festivals for Each Season

There's a dance and a kissing booth in the spring, face-painting during a summer festival, and a fall festival where Sims can bob for apples and pick pumpkins. As fall changes to winter, Sims will be able to bundle up and engage each other in snowball fights during the annual winter festival, or test their snowboarding skills on a half-pipe.

New Items

As with other expansions, a number of new foods, clothing options, and décor items are available. Sims can prepare for fun in the sun by getting a tan in a tanning booth, don a wetsuit before heading out to the ocean, sneak a smooch under the mistletoe, use raincoats and umbrellas to catch a reprieve from the rain, and trudge through the snow with snowsuits and boots. New Halloween costumes are included as well, and Sims will be able to personalize their homes with new lights and themed decorations.

The Truth is Out There

Sims will also be affected by the weather in different ways. It's possible for Sims to catch a cold, get an uneven tan from the sun, or even be struck by lightning during a storm. In addition to the festivals and dynamic weather, The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack will introduce alien visitors that will appear in UFOs. Take the time to befriend an extra-terrestrial, and you'll be able to use its UFO to abduct a neighbor or two, take a trip across the cosmos, or invade a community lot.

Limited Edition Details

The Sims 3 Seasons will be available in two versions: a limited edition and standard edition. Those who pre-order the game before its November release date will automatically receive the limited edition version of the game, which offers additional items as part of an "ice lounge." Sims can entertain their friends and neighbors with an ice bar, bar stool, and pub table, while homes can be decorated with a dining table, dining chairs, coffee table, sofa and loveseat made out of ice. Architectural elements will also be included to complete the frosty theme, ranging from an ice column and double door arch to a chandelier and wall sconce.

http://store.origin....gin_SEM_DR62175

Coming in october. sounds ok. But im sick and tired of EA using recycled content. The sims 2 has everything the sims 3 has and more. Seasons for sims 3 is the same as seasons for sims 2. Its even bringing back UFOs and abductions. Which were already on the sims 2.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

Unfortunately that's where the future is going though. It's vastly more affordable for companies, and for customers it allows us easier and quicker access to games. Besides, games will be slightly cheaper because we aren't paying for a physical object.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 06:28)
WHAT!!!!!!! I can't believe it angry.gif   angry.gif I don't LIKE DIGITAL!! I LIKE TO HAVE THE GAMES BOXES!! If it really happens sorry EA, but I WON'T BE BUYING GAMES FROM YOU!!!!!!!! angry.gif   angry.gif   angry.gif

Unfortunately that's where the future is going though. It's vastly more affordable for companies, and for customers it allows us easier and quicker access to games. Besides, games will be slightly cheaper because we aren't paying for a physical object.

But due to the fact with companies making faulty consoles, and sony with there 2 console per game rule, this could pose as an issue.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 02:48)
WHAT!!!!!!! I can't believe it angry.gif   angry.gif I don't LIKE DIGITAL!! I LIKE TO HAVE THE GAMES BOXES!! If it really happens sorry EA, but I WON'T BE BUYING GAMES FROM YOU!!!!!!!! angry.gif   angry.gif   angry.gif

Like EA cares about the costumer's opinion.

I miss you maxis.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Dafuq?

Isn't there already an expansion about magic or some sh*t coming out in September? Then they have Seasons in Oct?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 07:53)
Dafuq?

Isn't there already an expansion about magic or some sh*t coming out in September? Then they have Seasons in Oct?

Yep. EA is desperate for money lol.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Fire 1 and 2 used to scare the sh*t out of me

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Well I hope the expansions are good, EA likes to give us rushed products!!
Slingaa my The Sims 1 was scary!! So many strange things used to happen to me!

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

These next two packs are actually loaded with content. Sure, EA is being their usual moneygrabber selves, but it's a genius marketing move. Bringing two EPs that fans have been requesting for years, all in the same timeframe.

They've been trying to get Seasons to work for years and now they finally've gotten it. You can't really call it recycled content (though I don't doubt part of it is) because it's not new. People request these things because they haven't been in this recent installation. So if GTA V had stuff people've been requesting to be in GTA IV it's recycled? Blah.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Slingaa @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 16:43)

Fire 1 and 2 used to scare the sh*t out of me

Holy crap. Those sounds creep me out. They sound like the attic theme for the Video Game "Casper" on PS1.

I was 3-5 years old when i use to play casper on ps1, and that sound scared the S*it out of me. I always hated going in that attic.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Can anyone with Showtime tell me how many tiles wide the Wallvuu XXXXL TV is?

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

This music from The Sims 1 scares me out!!!! wow.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 21:42)
This music from The Sims 1 scares me out!!!! wow.gif

Have you heard the burglary sound? wow.gif
Scawy!

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

When I was younger I've always wanted to play the game, so when it was nighttime I would play with the speakers off or just really low tounge2.gif The sound effects are great but holy cow they're scary as hell.

One reason why people don't like the sequels is because it missed this atmosphere, but to be honest, who would advertise something and show how depressing it is?

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Slingaa @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 11:48)
Can anyone with Showtime tell me how many tiles wide the Wallvuu XXXXL TV is?

Looks like three tiles long (judging by the lamp and those chairs.)

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

The sims 1 and 2 are good.
The sims 3 is terrible. The game is mostly recycled garbage. However, 50% of the game is cut into Expansions. The Sims 2 with all expansions is superior to The Sims 3, even in graphics. The sims 2 characters looked more realistic and you can ALWAYS find a good looking character to play as, unlike the sims 3 where all characters are chubby looking.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

The base game of The Sims 3 has so much more content that The Sims 2, that's a fact. I bet you have hardly played The Sims 3, I felt like you until I played TS3, it's so much better than The Sims 2.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I love the sims 3. I wonder what GTA would be like if it were mixed with the sims...any ideas? tounge.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Slingaa @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 13:00)
The base game of The Sims 3 has so much more content that The Sims 2, that's a fact. I bet you have hardly played The Sims 3, I felt like you until I played TS3, it's so much better than The Sims 2.

Lmao. Oh really? I played The Sims 3 since 2009. Ive always been a fan of the series. Like i said. The Sims 3 has LESS content then the sims 2. Sure, more features like open world and sliders to change body part sizes, but it comes no where near denting how much content the sims 2 had. If you gave a thought to what i had wrote, you would see.

I said The Sims 3 is all recycled garbage without DLC. The Sims 2 with all expansions has way more content. The base game for the sims 3 has nothing compared to the sims 2 in expansions. Everyone knows this.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 15:03)

Lmao. Oh really? I played The Sims 3 since 2009. Ive always been a fan of the series. Like i said. The Sims 3 has LESS content then the sims 2. Sure, more features like open world and sliders to change body part sizes, but it comes no where near denting how much content the sims 2 had. If you gave a thought to what i had wrote, you would see.

I said The Sims 3 is all recycled garbage without DLC. The Sims 2 with all expansions has way more content. The base game for the sims 3 has nothing compared to the sims 2 in expansions. Everyone knows this.

Content from The Sims 2 is recycled from the original, but it a better way, the same goes for 3 recycling 2' content.

You can't compare TS3 base game with TS2 and all the expansions, it's ridiculous. TS3 and all expansions fo far vs TS2 and all expansions would be a more fair comparison.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Slingaa @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 16:44)
QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 15:03)

Content from The Sims 2 is recycled from the original, but it a better way, the same goes for 3 recycling 2' content.

You can't compare TS3 base game with TS2 and all the expansions, it's ridiculous. TS3 and all expansions fo far vs TS2 and all expansions would be a more fair comparison.

The thing is, yea, some of the content in the sims 2 is recycled. Some.

Alot of it was original. And i can compare the base game of the sims 3 to the sims 2 with all expansions.
EA cheated fans. Asking fans who bought the sims 2 and all the expansions and stuff packs to yet again, but a $50 game inferior to the sims 2 in every way, AND all $50 expansion packs. Its crazy.

Oh god. When the sims 4 comes out, lets see it. I call it now, all items will be from The sims 2 and The Sims 3 with no new content at all.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

What do you expect from EA?

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I think The Sims 3 is equally as good as The Sims 2 IMO confused.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 21:09)
What do you expect from EA?

Personally after seeing how EA handles things like this, really nothing since EA is a crap company.
But EA actually use to be good. They cared about there franchises before 2005. After 2005 they become extreme power houses.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

Lulz the next expansion has to do with university. Hasn't been announced yet and will be on Jan 8th, but screens were leaked.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Well. Now everyone can fail here as well as real life! lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users