Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (DC93 @ Dec 24 2008, 05:24)
QUOTE ($RebelG @ Dec 23 2008, 17:50)
QUOTE (oldage @ Dec 23 2008, 17:44)
I wonder, what's a good way to make them die?(sims 2 PS2)
I just put them somewhere, build wall around and let them be  devil.gif

Well, you could hope a fire starts if you're sims have a low level in cooking and you make them cook something. If you don't have a smoke detector in the house then you could watch everything burn down, a long with the sim.

cry.gif

Is this PC only or is it coming to PS3?

Both, eventually, but IMO, the console versions SUCK.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Joe. @ Dec 24 2008, 01:20)

They do suck but it might be different now though.

autotheftisgrand
  • autotheftisgrand

Fries optional

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

So many memories.. Me & My sister bought every expansion packs for the first game. Cost me a bundle too since every CD was original. I thought that a pirated version wouldn't do justice for this game.

I remembered building a boathouse in a middle of a lake (water tool) then just setting fire to it in the middle of the night. devil.gif

Vercetti21
  • Vercetti21

V21

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:14 AM

Maybe if each expansion wasn't $30 I'd buy it. Used to be addicted to the series. Just too much of a money pit for me.

Gta Anthony
  • Gta Anthony

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:57 AM

I've always been a Sims fan. When I started playing Sims 2 I was hooked! The first family I played as was the Lotharios, Don was a player with Dina and Nina! I think I'll be hooked with this one as Bella is a kid again with Mortimer as this is a prequel to Sims 1 so it sounds great!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

Yeah its a prequle. But I've honestly never played the sims families already made. Well I lie, I'll sometimes go with a sim family already made, f*ck up their sh*t then make my own sim. And I'm quite happy buying the expansions (well I have all of them now) since there pretty cheap off Amazon. Although, thinking back to the first Sims game I know I've threw a lot of money into the series.

DC93
  • DC93

Mako Eyes.

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Damo. @ Dec 23 2008, 18:30)
QUOTE (DC93 @ Dec 23 2008, 18:24)
QUOTE ($RebelG @ Dec 23 2008, 17:50)
QUOTE (oldage @ Dec 23 2008, 17:44)
I wonder, what's a good way to make them die?(sims 2 PS2)
I just put them somewhere, build wall around and let them be  devil.gif

Well, you could hope a fire starts if you're sims have a low level in cooking and you make them cook something. If you don't have a smoke detector in the house then you could watch everything burn down, a long with the sim.

cry.gif

Is this PC only or is it coming to PS3?

To be honest, you'd be better off getting the PC version, especially after the abomination that was the console version of the Sims 2.
It'll most likely be severely watered down

Most likely thing is my laptop wouldn't meet the requirements tounge.gif

Also, if EA got their arses in gear I could see suprising things for the console version. monocle.gif

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:18 PM

The Sims looks fun. But yet kiddy. tounge.gif
So this is pc only right? angry.gif

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (The General. @ Dec 24 2008, 05:23)
QUOTE (Joe. @ Dec 24 2008, 01:20)

They do suck but it might be different now though.

Hopefully it would be different! The Sims has always been better on the PC than on consoles and handhelds.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

Man, I loved that Newbie house, was it Bob Newbie and his hot wife? Seriously, the guy looked like Scroobius Pip and he scored a woman like that, Christ. Anyway, yeah, that was pretty much the only house I played on for about 2 weeks after I got the original. Then I moved on to the Goth household and redecorated their house because it looked like sh*t, all of it. Then the girl (Cassandra or something) got shipped off to military school for doing badly so Mortimer and Bella could have rampant, tantric sex all day long.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ Dec 24 2008, 14:18)
The Sims looks fun. But yet kiddy. tounge.gif
So this is pc only right? angry.gif

I wouldn't call it a 'kiddy' game. And nope its not just for PC, however the PC version usually seems a lot better than the other platforms its for like the Wii,ps2,DS and so on.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:22 AM

This is one of those games that really needs a mouse to be good to be honest.

Foliage
  • Foliage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

Nothing beats The Sims. Maybe it's just that I got it when I was young and it's nostalgic. The music is to die for.

Dallasa
  • Dallasa

Infidel

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:40 AM

What a great idea it was releasing The Sims 1 and all of its expansions in a compiled collection. I'm hoping they do the same for The Sims 2.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:04 AM

Never played the second Sims game but I have the complete collection of the first and I love it. Well, that is, everything but actually playing the game tounge.gif .

I love modding the game with marijuana plants and run-down furniture and the like (eg: 8th Deadly Sim). Makes it so much more fun that playing with the stock items in my opinion. Also, trapping the neighbors in little rooms on my property and starving them to death or lighting my sims on fire is always fun too smile.gif

ass reamer
  • ass reamer

Down the punx, up the blowjobs

• The Precinct

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:53 AM

I've always loved this game. I bought the original Sims when I was probably only 11 or 12. I spent days on the Sims 2 when I first got it. I always make a character, have him reach the top of his career before getting married, then turn into a huge adulterer and cheat on the wife like there's no tomorrow. Getting caught is always a pain in the ass though, it takes forever to get the wife to like you again.

I hate having kids in the game though. I had 3 kids one time, just to see if I could manage it. As babies they're almost impossible to care for, and as children the f*ckers never do their homework and almost always wind up getting sent to military school.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:59 AM

Haha I know what you mean about the being married or being in love part and if you do one little thing infront of the person that sim loves, all hell breaks loose. Hell, even giving them a hug infront of that sim causes panic.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

I have admit I am a Sims fan but for me its the actual house building and design sections that can have me losing countless hours too. This is also where the modding community comes into it. The sheer amount of stuff people have made for Sims 2 is incredible!

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Dec 25 2008, 10:23)
I have admit I am a Sims fan but for me its the actual house building and design sections that can have me losing countless hours too. This is also where the modding community comes into it. The sheer amount of stuff people have made for Sims 2 is incredible!

Yeah, that's another reason why I like Sims as well. There is so much mods that you could download to change the game!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (FiliGTAFan @ Dec 25 2008, 14:04)
QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Dec 25 2008, 10:23)

Yeah, that's another reason why I like Sims as well. There is so much mods that you could download to change the game!

I love adding custom content to the sims. Makes the game way better with all the stuff you can get.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

Who's looking forward to Sims 3? I'm hyped!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Dec 26 2008, 17:30)
Who's looking forward to Sims 3? I'm hyped!

I'm exited for it. Hopefully I'll even have enough money to buy it near the release day. Even better that we haven't got to wait that long for it .

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:34 PM

I'm shocked at how little coverage and advertising there's been for it.

It's coming out in less than two months and I've heard barely anything about it.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Damo. @ Dec 26 2008, 23:34)
I'm shocked at how little coverage and advertising there's been for it.

It's coming out in less than two months and I've heard barely anything about it.

From what I remember, the sims 2 was kept quite as well. Theres loads of info on what the new sims 3 is going to bring though, I linked 2 sites in the opening topic.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

Sorry for the double post. But I updated the first page, with laptop specs if anyones going to be playing it on there. Oh and I'm also wondering what the hell this is about. FYI I copied this info from Amazon.co.uk, so I don't know if its true or not.
EXCERPT FROM EA

[..] THIS GAME INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT COLLECTS DATA ONLINE NECESSARY
TO PROVIDE IN-GAME ADVERTISING [..]
Though not confirmed, it's likely to be the controversial SecuROM v7. I'll update this when EA announce more details.

Now wasn't this SecuROM thing with that Spore game? Isn't it where you can only install it 3 times before you have to buy the game again?

eltoro13
  • eltoro13

360 GT: pAk0017

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE ($RebelG @ Dec 26 2008, 20:47)
QUOTE (Indi. @ Dec 26 2008, 17:30)
Who's looking forward to Sims 3?  I'm hyped!

I'm exited for it. Hopefully I'll even have enough money to buy it near the release day. Even better that we haven't got to wait that long for it .

yeah me too im really exited i love to make houses i hope its less limited than the sims2

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hm, I don't think my computer will be able to run Sims 3.

My girlfriend will be devastated.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Digital Murders @ Dec 28 2008, 19:28)
Hm, I don't think my computer will be able to run Sims 3.

My girlfriend will be devastated.

Looks like she'll know what to buy you for your birthday or christmas then. A new PC wink.gif

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE ($RebelG @ Dec 28 2008, 19:23)
Sorry for the double post. But I updated the first page, with laptop specs if anyones going to be playing it on there. Oh and I'm also wondering what the hell this is about. FYI I copied this info from Amazon.co.uk, so I don't know if its true or not.
EXCERPT FROM EA

[..] THIS GAME INCLUDES SOFTWARE THAT COLLECTS DATA ONLINE NECESSARY
TO PROVIDE IN-GAME ADVERTISING [..]
Though not confirmed, it's likely to be the controversial SecuROM v7. I'll update this when EA announce more details.

Now wasn't this SecuROM thing with that Spore game? Isn't it where you can only install it 3 times before you have to buy the game again?

Oh Christ, you'd think they would've learned their lesson from Spore being the most pirated game of '08. Idiots.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:52 PM

IN-GAME ADVERTISING? What, you pay for a game to have lousy adverts in it confused.gif
Or how does that work correct me please, if I'm wrong

I'm pretty sure people will pirate Sims 3 a lot as well. It's not like multiplayer is anything special...I might buy it if it gets good reviews and if it has a lot of house building options. It's the only thing I'm really interested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users