Photo

The Sims

909 replies to this topic
Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:49 PM Edited by Rebel, 14 March 2013 - 10:51 AM.

user posted image

So you came to the right place if you feel like talking about how you put your Sim in a little square area to watch them slowly die, or talk about how long it took you to furnish the house you made. From hookups, to births and life to death. Heres the place to talk about it.

The Sims is a strategic life-simulation computer game developed by Maxis and published by Electronic Arts. It was created by game designer Will Wright, also known for developing SimCity. It is a simulation of the daily activities of one or more virtual persons ("Sims") in a suburban household near SimCity.

The Sims have games on many different platforms, so feel free to talk about any. PC,PS2,Wii,Nintendo DS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sims holds the highest record for number of copies sold for its franchise. With the Sims 1 bringing in more than 1 million copies sold all over the world.

The Sims games/expansions 7 in total;
  • The Sims
  • The Sims: Livin' Large
  • The Sims: House Party
  • The Sims: Hot Date
  • The Sims: Vacation
  • The Sims: Unleashed
  • The Sims: Superstar
  • The Sims: Makin' Magic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sims 2 has sold more than 13 million copies worldwide.

The Sims 2 games/expansions:
  • The Sims 2
  • The Sims 2: University
  • The Sims 2: Nightlife
  • The Sims 2: Open for Business
  • The Sims 2: Pets
  • The Sims 2: Seasons
  • The Sims 2: Bon Voyage
  • The Sims 2: FreeTime
  • The Sims 2: Apartment Life

The Sims 2 stuff packs:
  • Holiday Party Pack
  • Family Fun Stuff
  • Glamour Life Stuff
  • Happy Holiday Stuff
  • Celebration! Stuff
  • H&M Fashion Stuff
  • Teen Style Stuff
  • Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
  • IKEA Home Stuff
  • Mansion & Garden Stuff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the list for the current Sims 3 Games and Extras for anyone interested
The Sims 3 Expansion Packs
  • The Sims 3
  • World Adventures
  • Ambitions
  • Late Night
  • Generations
  • Pets
  • Showtime
  • Supernatural
  • Seasons
  • University Life

The Sims 3 Stuff Packs:
  • High End Loft Pack
  • Fast Lane Stuff
  • Outdoor Living Stuff
  • Town Life Stuff
  • Master Suite Stuff
  • Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
  • Diesel Stuff
  • 70's, 80's & 90's Stuff

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:50 PM Edited by $RebelG, 28 December 2008 - 07:21 PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the Sims 3 is coming out on February 20th 2009 which isn't far away now that the new years is running along fast.
Heres some trailers I found for a little taste of whats coming.
Official Trailer.

Developer Tour of Sims 3.

I'd write down all thats new with the Sims 3 but frankly its a lot to put down. So if you're looking for more info on this then by all means stop by Here or Here
But the things I'm looking forward to most are;
  • No loading screens when wanting to go to the shops or other neighborhoods.
  • All the other sims are going to live just like you, as in get jobs get older when you get older and so on.
  • Sims will have certain skills like fishing or cooking.
  • Interacting with other sims will give you different options depending on what mood your sim is in.
  • Sims can now take part time jobs
  • Sliders for weight and fitness
  • You can choose 3 different types of voices for each gender
Also, if you're wondering if you can play the Sims 3 on your PC then here are the requirements ( which I'm sure might change nearer the release )

Windows XP-- * Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1 GB RAM
* At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

Windows Vista -- * Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
* 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1.5 GB RAM
* At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

LAPTOP

* XP (Service Pack 2)
Processor: Pentium IV 2.4 GHz / Athlon XP 2400+
Memory: 1.5 GB
Graphics GeForce: Go 6200 / Radeon mobile 9600
Graphics Ram: 128 MB

*Vista (Service Pack 1)
Processor Pentium: IV 2.4 GHz / Athlon XP 2400+
Memory: 2.0 GB
Graphics: GeForce Go 6200 / Radeon mobile 9600
Graphics: 128 MB

RESTRICTIONS & OTHER SOFTWARE

*Game needs to be registered online.
*Registration is non-transferable.
*Adware programe used.
*Compulsory In-game adverts

And of course, a Mac version is coming out after the release of the PC version.

So guys, is anyone looking forward to the Sims 3? I know I am being as I have pretty much every expansion known to simkind. And started playing it a lot since I got the new expansions FreeTime and Apartment Life.

Superpowermind
  • Superpowermind

Kill the King

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:01 PM

Looks Great..I wanna ask question..Can we move our characters with W,A,S,D or it will be like the Sims 2's controlling system(For PC)

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Superpowermind @ Dec 23 2008, 15:01)
Looks Great..I wanna ask question..Can we move our characters with W,A,S,D or it will be like the Sims 2's controlling system(For PC)

From the links I gave, and reading the things that a new and are not changing looks like we still have to move them around by the mouse and not using the keyboard.
You can fulfil needs by simply clicking on an icon.
But sounds like certain wants and needs will be easier to do if its only click.

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

I never been a fan of "The Sims" series. I am just wondering what you can do in the game to make it fun? Like what makes GTA fun is because you get to kill, steal cars, use guns and do fun missions.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

I'm looking forward to this. It looks good and I like the idea of an open environment rather than being restricted to the house and a few shops.

I just hope to god that they add good features that you can actually use in the expansions, rather than over-complicating the game. That was my main gripe with the Sims 2.

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

The only one I like from the Sims games is Simcity 3000, very damn addicting, I still play it to this day. icon14.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ Dec 23 2008, 15:09)
I never been a fan of "The Sims" series. I am just wondering what you can do in the game to make it fun? Like what makes GTA fun is because you get to kill, steal cars, use guns and do fun missions.

Well, it depends on what you call fun. Let me put it this way, you can create up to 8 sims to have in a house and either destroy their lives, and everyone around them. Or you know, make them billionaires. Could be like a real family and get you're kids taken away from you as well.
@Damo, I know what you mean by them over complicating things. Hell in the freetime one you don't even have a day to yourself without having to keep active in something to keep the level high enough. There are going to be expansions lets hope they just don't get all of the Sims 2 ones and make them into 3.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

I wonder, what's a good way to make them die?(sims 2 PS2)
I just put them somewhere, build wall around and let them be devil.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (oldage @ Dec 23 2008, 17:44)
I just put them somewhere, build wall around and let them be devil.gif

Well, you could hope a fire starts if you're sims have a low level in cooking and you make them cook something. If you don't have a smoke detector in the house then you could watch everything burn down, a long with the sim.

DC93
  • DC93

Mako Eyes.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE ($RebelG @ Dec 23 2008, 17:50)
I just put them somewhere, build wall around and let them be  devil.gif

Well, you could hope a fire starts if you're sims have a low level in cooking and you make them cook something. If you don't have a smoke detector in the house then you could watch everything burn down, a long with the sim.

cry.gif

Is this PC only or is it coming to PS3?

Gta Anthony
  • Gta Anthony

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

The sims 3 truly looks amazing for me. EA have really seemed to max this one out. If any of you want a big Sims talk part visit the link in my Signature as its the EA forums who make The Sims.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

Sims is the only game that is both addicting and pointless. And the addiction is just crazy. You can't stop playing cry.gif
I just go around building houses and decorating and improving my characters stats and I completely lose sense of time.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (DC93 @ Dec 23 2008, 18:24)

cry.gif

From what I know its just for PC. And then Mac later on after the PC version has been released. There are however different Sims for different consoles. I know they had the Sims on PS2 but I don't think any are out for the PS3.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:30 PM Edited by Damo., 23 December 2008 - 06:35 PM.

QUOTE (DC93 @ Dec 23 2008, 18:24)

cry.gif

To be honest, you'd be better off getting the PC version, especially after the abomination that was the console version of the Sims 2.
It'll most likely be severely watered down

The sims 3 truly looks amazing for me. EA have really seemed to max this one out. If any of you want a big Sims talk part visit the link in my Signature as its the EA forums who make The Sims.

No advertising. The sig link is fine, but don't post just to advertise. Apologies if you weren't. It just looked that way to me.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

About to go and play Apartment life. I kind of just took both the sims games I was getting for xmas early being as I'm getting f*ck all this year. Hopefully it will keep me entertained for hours ( I'm sure it will )
That reminds me, does anyone have any custom content for the Sims 2? I do being as they usually have terrible clothes to pick from and want something more stylish.

Gta Anthony
  • Gta Anthony

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

I got AL, I love it!

Dodgy Dan
  • Dodgy Dan

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

I have The Sims + Livin' it Up, Unleashed and Superstar. The Sims 2, Pets and Seasons.

Although The Sims 2 is my sister so I never really play it, plus it gets repetitive after a while.

I also have The Sims 1 on PS2, which is an okay game and also The Urbz which is a pile of poo.

Also The Sims 2 on DS and The Sims 2 pets on DS aswell. Oh and My Sims and The Sims 2 Pets for Wii, althought those 4 are my sisters aswell.

Jesus Christ we have a lot of Sims games monocle.gif

Mar
  • Mar

Pino no Usagi

• The Connection

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

I was tempted to pre-order the new sims because you got a flash drive shaped like a sim diamond.

Then I remembered how much Sims stressed me out. smile.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

I figured it was time to stop playing The Sims when I'd plan their lives over my own, and got frustrated more when my Sim could cook better than me. 13 was a dark age for me, but it's fun to build houses on I find. I tend to build the house, and then leave it for the dust to devour.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

Finally the sims3 doesn't constrain you to your house and use loading screens! Definately can't wait for it to come out.

Time to reinstall sims2, been meaning to do that for a while now.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

I'm really looking forward to this, and I can play it at minimum! February '09, here we come!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

Just had a spin on the Apartment life expansion. Its a hell of a lot easier making friends first of living in that kind of place rather than living in a house. An hour isn't really enough to see what else is to come though.
I have to agree I got to a certain point after playing it for so long that I'd get more angry/stressed out if the Sims life didn't go according to what I wanted rather than my own.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

I always get annoyed with my sims when they start to stop looking after themselves and piss the floor.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

I hate when your Sims start doing things you don't want them to, i.e. chatting up the maid while married, prompting you to turn free will off, thereby f*cking up the whole family.
There's no good setting for free will. I want it so I control one Sim, and just occasionally have to check on the other ones. But no, either they do things you don't want them to, or you have to look after too many Sims, all the time.
Make Sim-specific free will, dammit!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

Thats exactly why I hate having families. It would just be great if you could get married have as many kids as you want and not have to worry about them f*cking up their own lives because of this. I know in the apartment life one, if you have a roommate you don't have to worry about controlling them. They do it themselves.

Randall Flagg
  • Randall Flagg

peace.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

Boxing people in next to a carpet and a fireplace.

Needs more violence, maybe I'd play it again.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:13 AM

Once when I played Sims 2 my sims just had a baby. And right after that the mother was hit my a meteorite bored.gif
It was quite shocking really. That lady had to take the baby away cause no one could take care of it. When I say no one I mean me! biggrin.gif

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:30 AM

I only ever played the first one. I'd always get bored though. It was always too hard to paint walls, and floors and crap like that. sad.gif

I'm just getting a new Sony Vaio laptop, but it's not for gaming. If it runs sims 3 I may just pick it up again.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Mar @ Dec 23 2008, 16:59)
I was tempted to pre-order the new sims because you got a flash drive shaped like a sim diamond.

You get that with the collectors edition.

I do like the sims 2 but after a while it does get stressful. And i never ply the game without cheats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users