Photo

GTA IV New Stuff

7 replies to this topic
Cyborg11
  • Cyborg11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

Would it be possible to add new cars/bikes/weapons in GTA IV? Without overwriting an excisting car/bike/weapon?

I think this is a very interesting question and should help us with GTA modding smile.gif

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Cyborg11 @ Dec 23 2008, 12:25)
Would it be possible to add new cars/bikes/weapons in GTA IV? Without overwriting an excisting car/bike/weapon?

I think this is a very interesting question and should help us with GTA modding smile.gif

Yes, someone has already added in handling for the extra bikes in the IMG so addingvehicles is so far not a problem. The only foreseeable trouble could be an upper limit of the amount of added vehicles that may get reached, until then though it is plain sailing.

Cyborg11
  • Cyborg11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (pinky @ Dec 23 2008, 11:40)
QUOTE (Cyborg11 @ Dec 23 2008, 12:25)

Yes, someone has already added in handling for the extra bikes in the IMG so addingvehicles is so far not a problem. The only foreseeable trouble could be an upper limit of the amount of added vehicles that may get reached, until then though it is plain sailing.

I mean: Is it possible to add new vehicle models in the IMG and add the stuff in the files so it can be used in GTA IV?

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

I couldn't be 100% sure but it is easy enough tested I suppose if we can import a renamed model and texture in from an already working vehicle and try it that way.
I will give it a try tonight when home from work, unless anyone else wants to give it a shot.

I would think it possible though thanks to DLC, it will have to allow for more vehicles being added in later.

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

Can you add vehicles in GTA 3\VC?I remember there was a limit in the exe, perhaps?

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

This time round things will be different thanks to the addition of DLC support, they would only be making things difficult for themselves by adding in locks.
This outing of GTA seems to be easier in a lot of ways to mod and I think a lot of that is down to making it have the ability to run DLC.

Straubinger82
  • Straubinger82

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:02 PM Edited by Straubinger82, 03 February 2009 - 10:08 PM.

QUOTE (pinky @ Dec 23 2008, 11:40)

Erm... I have just heard of that hidden bikes... but I cannot manage to find a thread or something that explains how to "unlock" them.

Then I am afraid that this could ban me from LIVE... sry for being an idiot but I want to have these bikes driving in my LC....

Thanks in advance...

FatAssCartman
  • FatAssCartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:23 AM

do you mean the Bikes from Lost and Damned mod? http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=386741
the bikes is in the game from the begining but hidden

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users