Get access to Vice Cities other Island

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic
ASuRA
  • ASuRA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:05 AM

If you have not completed any mission and the second Vice City island is locked ill show you how to get there.

1. Get a car (Cheetah)
2. Enable 2 cheat codes 1. comeflywithme 2. seaways
3. Take the Cheetah in the water and go all the way to the other side.
4. When reached try flying the car onto the road from the water.

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

Or just use the PCJ and the Packer to jump over the wall of the film studio.

Why does the car have to be a Cheetah by the way? I'm sure anything (well, most things) will work too.

ASuRA
  • ASuRA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Forcefield @ Dec 23 2008, 11:45)
Or just use the PCJ and the Packer to jump over the wall of the film studio.

Why does the car have to be a Cheetah by the way? I'm sure anything (well, most things) will work too.

meh i shud have added preferably cheetah

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:16 AM

Actually, Spuds, had the easiest and best way to get to the other island early, and without cheating. All you have to do is get a PCJ-600, and drive at full speed toward the barrier at the Washington Beach bridge(the one by the Ocean Beach Hospital), and you can drive right through the barrier-it may take a couple of tries, but it does work great. Most of the time, I usually hit it right the first time, but sometimes it takes a few tries. I have confirmed this on the PS2 Greatest Hits version and the PC version, and Spuds the original founder, has confirmed it on the Original PS2 release. Hope this helps.

btw, Demerest found the packer trick for getting to the West Island early, if memory serves me right.

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

btw, Demerest found the packer trick for getting to the West Island early, if memory serves me right.

It could well have been, I certainly got it from someone here on GTAF icon14.gif

jrbabbitt
  • jrbabbitt

Visually Challenged

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:09 PM

There are two other ways i have found to access the west side of the map early.
A) go to the bridge leading to Prawn Island, and stand on the north side of the bridge, on the stone railing at the edge, look for the catamaran sailboat sailing towards you, (this gets tricky) when you see it just before it sails under the bridge, jump off bridge onto boat and when you do if you don't fall off the owner of the boat jumps ship and then you can control it to sail to the west side.
B) Find an ambulance and drive it to the marina in the south where Col. Cortez's yacht is, go to the north gate and back the ambulance up flush against the gate, get out of ambulance and hop up onto the roof, walk back to the gate and jump into the bars (this may take a few tries) you will somehow slip through the bars and land on the dock, walk over to the nearest boat and sail it to the west side.
i have done both of these and they work, although the jumping off the bridge onto a boat is the trickiest, it is a glitch-free way of getting over to the other side.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:12 AM

FYI-- most methods have been compiled in the pinned thread in gameplay-- if what you listed is not in the guide let me know and I will add it.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=389100

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Dec 23 2008, 22:16)
All you have to do is get a PCJ-600, and drive at full speed toward the barrier at the Washington Beach bridge(the one by the Ocean Beach Hospital), and you can drive right through the barrier

I tried this trick on the PC version (not sure which version, most likely a very old version) and couldn't get it to work. I watched Spuds' video and I'm fairly confident I was aiming at the right gap, but never had any success. I tried for about an hour and feel I would have slipped through the right spot eventually with all those repetitions. I also tried fiddling with the frame limiter and draw distance but that didn't seem to help or hinder anything. Any suggestions?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Nov 2 2009, 00:34)
QUOTE (radioman @ Dec 23 2008, 22:16)
All you have to do is get a PCJ-600, and drive at full speed toward the barrier at the Washington Beach bridge(the one by the Ocean Beach Hospital), and you can drive right through the barrier

I tried this trick on the PC version (not sure which version, most likely a very old version) and couldn't get it to work. I watched Spuds' video and I'm fairly confident I was aiming at the right gap, but never had any success. I tried for about an hour and feel I would have slipped through the right spot eventually with all those repetitions. I also tried fiddling with the frame limiter and draw distance but that didn't seem to help or hinder anything. Any suggestions?

I usually have the Frame Limiter ON, and the Draw Distance half way up. For me, it is a matter of luck, because sometimes I hit the "sweet" spot on the first or second try, and other times it will take several tries to hit it. I usually go almost to Rosenberg's office-not all the way but it is half way between there and the Washington mall, then go full speed-using the "lean forward" trick for a speed boost (hoping to catch no traffic spawning in the area), and at the last minute aim for the right side in the opening. I have done this on the PC version and on the PS2 Greatest Hits and Trilogy Pack release for PS2, so it does work. Spuds found the glitch using the Original PS2 release, I believe. Like I said, it is "hit or miss"-pretty much it seems like if you have to slow down for traffic along the way, it doesn't seem like you will get up to the right speed needed to drive thru the barriers. Maybe Spuds can explain it better? I'll see if I can get a PC video of it...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:12 PM Edited by Spuds725, 02 November 2009 - 01:16 PM.

I never tried it on the PC version, the above description is about right on...

If you pause my vid (pic below), you will see I am just to the left of the gap---

High speed and you must be upright as you reach the barrier... you can't slow for the traffic-- the traffic was more of a problem in my ability to repeat then missing the "sweet spot"

user posted image

markjaysongalang
  • markjaysongalang

MarkJ-0699

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

Cool, but more easier if you download the 100% Complete Save Game.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (markjaysongalang @ Nov 2 2009, 11:20)
Cool, but more easier if you download the 100% Complete Save Game.

This topic is talking about getting to the other islands early to get all the side jobs and stuff out of the way as soon as possible-preferably before the storyline is touched.

Trevorwin
  • Trevorwin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

At first I tried to download the 100% Complete Save Game but now it's more interesting without it rampage_ani.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users