Photo

Pre-order at GameStop and beat the game early

6 replies to this topic
Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:51 AM

http://www.rockstarw...re-Order-Bonus/

GameStop has announced that if you pre-order Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars from it's website or stores, you will receive a code that will allow you to unlock all the weapons at Ammunation and receive $10,000 early in the game.

Sounds stupid. It'd wreck the first half of the game, and would essentially be cheating.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:29 AM

It probably is just a cheat within the game, that will end up on every single cheat website eventually.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude @ Dec 23 2008, 05:51)
http://www.rockstarw...re-Order-Bonus/

GameStop has announced that if you pre-order Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars from it's website or stores, you will receive a code that will allow you to unlock all the weapons at Ammunation and receive $10,000 early in the game.

Sounds stupid. It'd wreck the first half of the game, and would essentially be cheating.

Well not really it just give you access to weapons you don't have to work to get. Instead of robbing people and killing gang members to get on your feet, they just give you all the weapons and some cash. Not really a cheat to me.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Dec 23 2008, 06:29)
It probably is just a cheat within the game, that will end up on every single cheat website eventually.

That's exactly what I think.

Mar
  • Mar

Pino no Usagi

• The Connection

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:11 PM

Gamestop usually offers a pre-order bonus, but they're not always awesome.

I think on Guitar hero: world tour if you pre-ordered it you got a code that would unlock all the songs, which sounds a lot better than the bonus on Chinatown.

But a lot of people really like that kind of thing, (people who aren't really into hardcore gaming or just in it for the storyline)

So, it's really not a bad thing. Sales-wise that is.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

I think it's a bit dumb. I mean, they might as well start handing out controllers with a "Win" button on them.

user posted image

Koik
  • Koik

We could never be just friends

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Mar @ Dec 29 2008, 16:11)
Gamestop usually offers a pre-order bonus, but they're not always awesome.

I think on Guitar hero: world tour if you pre-ordered it you got a code that would unlock all the songs, which sounds a lot better than the bonus on Chinatown.

But a lot of people really like that kind of thing, (people who aren't really into hardcore gaming or just in it for the storyline)

So, it's really not a bad thing. Sales-wise that is.

And if you pre-ordered Resistance 2 you would get acces to the public beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users