Photo

gta iv pc poor sales

629 replies to this topic
GM965_X3100
  • GM965_X3100

GEFORCE_8200IGP

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (GM965_X3100 @ Aug 16 2009, 00:42)
What are you guys ranting about??? I own a low end X3100 laptop with 2.0 GHz proccessor, 1024 mb of ram, and 256 mb integrated solution. I can run GTA IV at 40+ fps at medium settings. Where have you guys been?

Rockstar has selflessly spent millions of dollars, as means to entirely re-implement GTA IV for PC!!!!! sarcasm.gif

New feautures

- No texture popins
- 30 fps minimum on multifarious Pc platforms (30 fps + on all 32 bt systems, 35fps+ on all 64 bit systems )
- Choice to toggle level of physics in game
- Choice to toggle whether pipeline 2.0 or 1.0 is used
- Choice to toggle shadows off or on
- Realistic allocation of shadow to varying resolutions[/color]
- DLC with 100 hours of new gameplay
- All buildings are enterable
- 50 new bikes
- 4 additional cties added
- Custoization scheme that makes All Points Bulletin cry
- 1000 cars added
-No euphoria mode ( a variant of physics toggler )[/color]
-video editor is 1000 times more efficient ( so 30 minute videos may now be exported in 2 minutes, on a CPUS 1.2  GHz and up!!!!!!

All thanks to RAGE engine 2!!!!!!!!!! unbeatable rendering, that makes unreal engine abacus like!!!!

\\/ RAGE II \//

If GTA IV was actually like this, PC sales would skyrocket 10 fold!!!! There simply wouldn't be any other reason to buy other games!!!!!!

libindi
  • libindi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:42 AM

justice has been done

Veni Vidi Vici
  • Veni Vidi Vici

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:08 AM Edited by Veni Vidi Vici, 16 August 2009 - 07:13 AM.

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Dec 22 2008, 22:44)
Rofl so I am now a thief, Rockstar collaborator and I am secretly working for Rockstar Toronto now.  The fact is I am a normal PC gamer like the rest of you guys and some of the whinging that has been done on this forum has been embarrassing.  Right now I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rockstar just said "f*ck it" to the PC format and if you think that is something to celebrate then you are quite honestly the biggest moron on the planet.

Why don't you go over there and suck some cock????

You really do love the game and rockstar that much, you should make it up to them amirite!

GTA 4 on PC sucks ass;

- f*ckING CHEATERS EVERY WHERE
- PERFORMANCE IS PATHETIC
- BUGS *YAY!*
- CHEATERS
- f*ckING BLOATWARE
- GOD MODE CHEATING, AIMBOTS, OMFG QQ OWNQKKQJWEWJHQWELQEW

Extortionate
  • Extortionate

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:55 PM Edited by Extortionate, 16 August 2009 - 06:57 PM.

QUOTE (Veni Vidi Vici @ Aug 16 2009, 07:08)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Dec 22 2008, 22:44)
Rofl so I am now a thief, Rockstar collaborator and I am secretly working for Rockstar Toronto now.  The fact is I am a normal PC gamer like the rest of you guys and some of the whinging that has been done on this forum has been embarrassing.  Right now I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rockstar just said "f*ck it" to the PC format and if you think that is something to celebrate then you are quite honestly the biggest moron on the planet.

Why don't you go over there and suck some cock????

You really do love the game and rockstar that much, you should make it up to them amirite!

GTA 4 on PC sucks ass;

- BUGS *YAY!*
- CHEATERS
- f*ckING BLOATWARE

1. Like a lot of games on the PC but that's the freedom of PC modding for you. Cheating is nothing new and it's not confined to GTA IV.

PERFORMANCE IS PATHETIC

2. I would agree, but one has to wonder after using old NVIDIA drivers if it's actually due to the game. GTA IV one of the most detailed and demanding games out there.

- BUGS *YAY!*

2. Yes, just like a lot of games now days but they're a lot more complex than years past(good enough reason?).

- f*ckING BLOATWARE

3. GTA IV is a big game, 20Gb directory size(that's about four times the install size of GTA San Andreas) but the game world is 'a lot' more detailed than any GTA and as I can hear, a lot more dialogue amongst other things.

See response 1.

Over all I think some of these do affect sales on the PC, not just GTA IV. Consoles are just a lot more easier to setup, just play and make a lot more money for game developers and using LIVE is just less porting hassle.

Lollercoaster
  • Lollercoaster

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Veni Vidi Vici @ Aug 16 2009, 07:08)
- BUGS *YAY!*
- CHEATERS
- f*ckING BLOATWARE

Performance is fine if you take care of your system. End of story!
I haven't noticed more bugs in this game than any other games.

Cheaters are a problem, I agree with that.
Bloatware is a problem I agree with.

Veni Vidi Vici
  • Veni Vidi Vici

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:30 AM Edited by Veni Vidi Vici, 17 August 2009 - 12:40 AM.

My system is taken care of. The game should run at a much higher FPS, but it doesn't because it's a poorly coded console port. I play other current gen games and they run much better, because they were developed primarily for the PC, and not for some sh*t console and then ported.

Second, the bloatware i'm talking about is RGSC bullsh*t and that other windows live garbage that you gotta install.

Game could have been much better, but it seems that console sales were what they were after. Too bad for them, because a lot of gamers will be wary of their following games.

@Extortionate: You are clueless and have no idea about cheating and other games. Firstly, i've never played any GAME from a respectable developer in my life that allowed players to do all of the following;

1) Spawn objects into a world at their own will.
2) Invent new weapons (rocket pistols)
3) Aimbot/wallhack
4) Invincibility
5) Speedhack
6) Crash the game for every other player.
7) Every other hack imaginable that I can't remember.

They can do all of the above, and the only way to remove the player from the game is to have 50% of the players in the game to vote kick? This alone shows me how much of a retarded, ill though out sh*t port this game is. I mean, they don't even give you a a decent kicking system, instead you need to rely on people using third party programs (netkicker)? ROFL? The cheating alone in this game makes the MP utter crap.

Oh and to every cheater that reads this: I hope you and your family DIAF, because people like you don't deserve to be breathing air, let alone living on the same world as me.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:46 AM

Sorry I didn't read through back to the first day I posted in this thread.
Has there been a final total yet and comparison ?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

Unfortunately no there hasn't been any information on sales of GTA 4 on the PC except the old "50,000 in the US on the first week" figure. This is either good or bad, it could be that sales are that bad that Rockstar don't want us to know in which case get used to GTA 4 we are gonna be playing it a long long time.

On the other hand not wanting to give out figures is not unusual for Rockstar it could be the game sold very well (in Europe I imagine GTA 4 did fantastically) and Rockstar are not too keen on letting us know how well it did on the PC for commercial reasons.

I doubt we will ever hear how well/badly GTA 4 did on the PC, I believe even with the consoles we only hear about the sales figures down to the fact MS and Sony shout about them from the roof tops whereas Rockstar never comments.

There is one good sign though, with the release of patch 1.0.4.0 Rockstar talked about bringing "our copies into line with the new retail master". Now you don't go to the time and expense of making a new retail master if the game has sold badly and there are still plenty of stock out there.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:11 AM

Ah, Very good.
***shrugs and waddles off to another thread***

PacoGTA4
  • PacoGTA4

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Aug 17 2009, 01:00)
Unfortunately no there hasn't been any information on sales of GTA 4 on the PC except the old "50,000 in the US on the first week" figure.  This is either good or bad, it could be that sales are that bad that Rockstar don't want us to know in which case get used to GTA 4 we are gonna be playing it a long long time.

On the other hand not wanting to give out figures is not unusual for Rockstar it could be the game sold very well (in Europe I imagine GTA 4 did fantastically) and Rockstar are not too keen on letting us know how well it did on the PC for commercial reasons.

I doubt we will ever hear how well/badly GTA 4 did on the PC, I believe even with the consoles we only hear about the sales figures down to the fact MS and Sony shout about them from the roof tops whereas Rockstar never comments.

There is one good sign though, with the release of patch 1.0.4.0 Rockstar talked about bringing "our copies into line with the new retail master".  Now you don't go to the time and expense of making a new retail master if the game has sold badly and there are still plenty of stock out there.

you got a point there!

The cheating thing is a great part a problem of the GFWL like a gaming system (of course rockstar play a part here too, let's say 25 percent), I think, just look at the problem with SF4 and the leaderboard with 9999999999 points, M$ don't care a sh*t about that and capcom, mehh!

But overall this is a great game and I don't think it got poor sales around the world.

just as a fact, I bought the game a week ago and the price was almost a half the price the game was released on my country retail, when I saw the price I was sold.

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:10 AM

Id rather play this game on PC than on a console hands down.
Better graphics, better detail, better draw distance, better everything.

PacoGTA4
  • PacoGTA4

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Aug 17 2009, 03:10)
Id rather play this game on PC than on a console hands down.
Better graphics, better detail, better draw distance, better everything.

and don't forget the video editor, is a nice feature and very entertaining tounge.gif

Extortionate
  • Extortionate

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:34 AM Edited by Extortionate, 17 August 2009 - 11:43 AM.

QUOTE (Veni Vidi Vici @ Aug 17 2009, 00:30)
My system is taken care of. The game should run at a much higher FPS, but it doesn't because it's a poorly coded console port. I play other current gen games and they run much better, because they were developed primarily for the PC, and not for some sh*t console and then ported.

Second, the bloatware i'm talking about is RGSC bullsh*t and that other windows live garbage that you gotta install.

Game could have been much better, but it seems that console sales were what they were after. Too bad for them, because a lot of gamers will be wary of their following games.

@Extortionate: You are clueless and have no idea about cheating and other games. Firstly, i've never played any GAME from a respectable developer in my life that allowed players to do all of the following;

1) Spawn objects into a world at their own will.
2) Invent new weapons (rocket pistols)
3) Aimbot/wallhack
4) Invincibility
5) Speedhack
7) Every other hack imaginable that I can't remember.

They can do all of the above, and the only way to remove the player from the game is to have 50% of the players in the game to vote kick? This alone shows me how much of a retarded, ill though out sh*t port this game is. I mean, they don't even give you a a decent kicking system, instead you need to rely on people using third party programs (netkicker)? ROFL? The cheating alone in this game makes the MP utter crap.

Oh and to every cheater that reads this: I hope you and your family DIAF, because people like you don't deserve to be breathing air, let alone living on the same world as me.

Me clueless eh?

Games like Unreal tournament, Counter Strike, Quake 3, Quake Wars and so on all have cheaters and have done for years now. The simple fact is it's down to modding which invites cheaters, this is why consoles limit them or don't bother.

All I can say is you must be new to the PC gaming scene or just trolling on GTA IV. LOL, Aimbots are very common in PC online games, welcome to the realPC world.

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Veni Vidi Vici @ Aug 17 2009, 00:30)

3) Aimbot/wallhack
4) Invincibility
5) Speedhack

GTA IV is the first multiplayer game you've played, is it?

The hacks you mentioned are the most common hacks in possibly every MP game out here in PC. Try playing Counter Strike and set VAC to off, or sometimes just find a cheat server and you'll see.

hetment
  • hetment

GTA 4 and gta san andreas. the best gta games ever!

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:44 AM

gta 4 pc rocks! 32 player multiplayer is fun and typing in it and video editor inlove.gif.. I may play on low but because of my card but still game rocks smile.gif

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (hetment @ Aug 17 2009, 11:44)
gta 4 pc rocks! 32 player multiplayer is fun and typing in it and video editor inlove.gif.. I may play on low but because of my card but still game rocks smile.gif

Race with 31 others is fun.
Deathmatch with 31 Drive-byers is not. (They drive by because they can't score a kill on foot.)

Anyway, if the game isn't properly coded tilnow, we would probably only get to play IV on PC at mid 2010 perhaps?
Oh wait, didn't rockstar goes on to rip us off with the same engine in the next GTA game? (so in mid 2010 GTA 5 would probably be announced, and only then PC gamers will receive IV to play, ha ha ha.)

And its still funny to me that my PC runs IV at reasonably good setting and OK fps as well, and all other stronger by 10 PC cry about low fps. (I play 1920x1080, med. V.H, high, high, highest, 20 20 20 2 off off, 1040.)

And why does anyone complain about LIVE? If you don't like it, use steam.

upper than the upper post, who the hell plays counter strike without VAC, otherwise you don't have steam (hint and wink, as much as ainbot is awesome in counter strike.)

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (RedEnd @ Aug 17 2009, 12:50)
upper than the upper post, who the hell plays counter strike without VAC, otherwise you don't have steam (hint and wink, as much as ainbot is awesome in counter strike.)

I do have Steam, and a lot of games for it. But he says he didn't see a game with aimbot/wallhack, speedhack or crashing server, so I just presumed he didn't play a multiplayer game on a PC ever before.

Extortionate
  • Extortionate

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:20 PM Edited by Extortionate, 17 August 2009 - 01:23 PM.

RedEnd

You missed the point. It was to show that there are cheaters, not that anyone turns it off.

It's a fact that most PC multi-player games have cheaters as Neon25 said.

Need we say more?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimbot

http://en.wikipedia....in_online_games

http://en.wikipedia....(online_gaming)

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

Would it be possible if we can steer this topic away from "on line cheating" this topic is meant to be about GTA 4 PC sales. There is a topic here if you want to talk about on line cheating.

(LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)
  • (LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Justice hasn't been done. imo (obviously) GTA4pc got way too much negative press from people with pc's that couldn't handle it and people with pirated copy.
I spoke to people who came out with crap like "oh yeh i heard gta4pc is bug ridden and almost unplayable" "don't buy it lmao" etcetc and they said that without even playing it confused.gif Pathetic.

Worked perfect for me straight out of the box and the following patches lost me about 15 fps so I did a reinstall with no patches nothing...just gta4 straight out of the box like r* intended... icon14.gif

perfect inlove.gif

edit - yeh possibly it could've been tweaked a bit more or whatever but on my last pc gta3 ran like a dog with missing textures everywhere if you drove too fast yet san andreas played perfectly on it...f*ck knows...

NitroBullet
  • NitroBullet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

The truth on this "society" hurts. Poor people whine. They don't have the money to build a better computer, so they just whine. Goes hand in hand with that cheese.

---

BUT, putting the REAL PC requirements on the box would make the above point even more valid, also there will be less complainers.

Trust me on this. It will fix 95% of the complaints about "f*ck I CANT PLAY THE GAME ROCKSTAR SCREWED ME OVER f*ck THIS FRAMES! I WASTED MY DAMN MONEY IM GONNA TELL ALL MY GAY FRIENDS!".

Because if the right requirements are there, and some idiot complains, you can just tell them to open their eyes and read the requirements next time.

Recall all of the boxes, and print the real PC requirements. Don't even have to throw away the game or serial, just the boxes.

Veni Vidi Vici
  • Veni Vidi Vici

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:45 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 17 August 2009 - 10:54 PM.

QUOTE (Neon25 @ Aug 17 2009, 13:13)

I do have Steam, and a lot of games for it. But he says he didn't see a game with aimbot/wallhack, speedhack or crashing server, so I just presumed he didn't play a multiplayer game on a PC ever before.

Are you a dumb f*cking monkey, or some inbred imbecile? Learn to read you retard.

Let me repeat what I said, because your fanboy ass doesn't seem to understand English when somebody starts talking smack about your sweet little crappy port of a game. I said that i've never played a game that allowed cheaters to do virtually everything, and at the same time get away with it. GFWL doesn't ban people, it takes 50% of the players in that game to kick people. COD, Unreal, FPS game #838328 all have proper tools to get rid of cheaters, be it server admins, proper hack detection, proper vote system, and GUID/key bans.

I've been playing games since Doom 1, that's right you monkey. I've played more games then you and i've seen what works and what doesn't. The fact that cheaters can freely crash MP games whenever they feel like it just goes to show how pathetic of a port this game really is. There is no flood protection, there is nothing, something like this would so easily be programmable....I can go on and on about this game, but you dumb monkeys are fanboys and i'm just wasting my breath. Enjoy the game (lol), I know i've moved on to much better multiplayer games that are primarily designed for the PC, and at the same time give players and admins the tools in those games to deal with cheating.

Mod Note :- OK I have had enough, this topic is for the discussion of SALES I am sick of saying this. Since this user totally ignored my polite requests to get back on topic and the fact he does nothing but insult and attack people I have temporarily banned him. Now ignore this guy and get back on the topic of discussing GTA 4 PC Sales or I will close this topic once and for all

NitroBullet
  • NitroBullet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:55 PM Edited by NitroBullet, 17 August 2009 - 10:57 PM.

QUOTE (Veni Vidi Vici @ Aug 17 2009, 22:45)
QUOTE (Neon25 @ Aug 17 2009, 13:13)

Are you a dumb f*cking monkey, or some inbred imbecile? Learn to read you retard.

Let me repeat what I said, because your fanboy ass doesn't seem to understand English when somebody starts talking smack about your sweet little crappy port of a game. I said that i've never played a game that allowed cheaters to do virtually everything, and at the same time get away with it. GFWL doesn't ban people, it takes 50% of the players in that game to kick people. COD, Unreal, FPS game #838328 all have proper tools to get rid of cheaters, be it server admins, proper hack detection, proper vote system, and GUID/key bans.

I've been playing games since Doom 1, that's right you monkey. I've played more games then you and i've seen what works and what doesn't. The fact that cheaters can freely crash MP games whenever they feel like it just goes to show how pathetic of a port this game really is. There is no flood protection, there is nothing, something like this would so easily be programmable....I can go on and on about this game, but you dumb monkeys are fanboys and i'm just wasting my breath. Enjoy the game (lol), I know i've moved on to much better multiplayer games that are primarily designed for the PC, and at the same time give players and admins the tools in those games to deal with cheating.

AWWWW QQ! Joke's on you buddy. Welcome to the real world. PC games will always have hackers. Your crying isn't going to fix anything. And if anyone's stupid, it's the guy that uses Quad cores on XP... lol

---

Oh yea, and as for sales, I got my copy from Best Buy for $30. On Steam it was $50, and it enabled me to use it without popping my CD in everytime, but it was too late before I noticed that.

faro0485
  • faro0485

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Extortionate @ Aug 17 2009, 13:20)
RedEnd

You missed the point. It was to show that there are cheaters, not that anyone turns it off.

Need we say more?

You don't need an aimbot to learn how to shoot in the head. You just need a really really very sensitive mouse and a steady hand.

But of course, if I'm made the admin of a game, network kicker helps. It's too bad not everyone uses them.

Seriously, look at all those console players buying for the PC. "Hello, I just bought this for the PC... I already have it for the ps3/xbox 360 ... where's the mods?".

Zeevs86
  • Zeevs86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Dec 22 2008, 22:29)
Pretty much as expected, those that didn't steal it just bitched and whined till it killed off any remaining sales and we wonder why the PC gaming industry is in such a state.

wtf are you talking about? 0_o

Kurgen
  • Kurgen

Old Git

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (NitroBullet @ Aug 17 2009, 22:55)
And if anyone's stupid, it's the guy that uses Quad cores on XP... lol

How so?

Extortionate
  • Extortionate

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:00 AM Edited by Extortionate, 18 August 2009 - 11:04 AM.

CharmingCharlie

You have to admit that part of poor sales for GTA IV are down to the bad execution on the PC. There are quiet a lot of things wrong with the game, it's just gotten around to PC players and they don't like it.

All of the things we've come to expect from a PC game are just not there or poor executed. Rockstar now have en-cured the wrath of the PC gaming community by poor sales. Let's look at the evidence.

1. Vice City and San Andreas were much better executed for the PC, no patches to make work and standard features expected.

2. No hoops to jump through just to play the game.

3. Locked graphics settings. It shouldn't be up to developers to lock settings based on what 'they' think you can play at.

4. Very poor PC controller support. Tying it into LIVE and making the assumption everyone has a Xbox360 controller. You're going to get a lot of complaints right there, this was fine with previous GTA games.

5. Making people sign up or sign into something they're not going to use. Again, the assumption is made that 'most' people have a LIVE account. MSN or use multi-player. You can have a offline account but it's not clear what you gain or lose.

6. More customized for the PC, Anti-Aliasing, SLI, DX9/DX10 optimized for the PC. Doesn't seem to be truly optimized for PC set-ups and it tells.

I think these point contributed to the poor sales and blaming piracy is a poor excuse, since most PC games get pirated yet still have good sales.

RedEnd
  • RedEnd

PC Gaming FTW

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Extortionate @ Aug 17 2009, 13:20)
RedEnd

Need we say more?

I got the point, perhaps the point didn't got me?

Anyway, I know what cheating is. And if you want to yell at me then feel free, but its always fun to ruin the game for pirates. (Non-steam games players.)

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

No I don't have to admit part of the poor sales for GTA IV are down to bad execution on the PC. Most of the problem is PC gamers thinking they have a damn right do to what ever the f*ck they like with comments like "Oh I downloaded it and it was such a sh*tty port so I am not going to pay for it but I am still going to play it".

Now let's look at the evidence shall we :-

QUOTE (Extortionate @ Aug 18 2009, 12:00)
1. Vice City and San Andreas were much better executed for the PC, no patches to make work and standard features expected.

Would you like me to present you with a VERY VERY long list of all the bugs, faults and errors in GTA SA ? Bugs and Faults that to THIS day still haven't been fixed. Now remember GTA SA was Rockstars THIRD attempt at it yet there were still game stopping bugs in there that they never fixed

2. No hoops to jump though just to play the game.

Exactly what hoops to jump through ? I installed the game and played it. If you are referring to signing up for XBL and the Social Club then I would hardly call that jumping through hoops, it only has to be done ONCE and that is it.

3. Locked graphics settings. It shouldn't be up to developers to lock settings based on what 'they' think you can play at.

I can easily see why Rockstar did this, you just need to look around the forums to see people with crap hardware (below the specs of the consoles) whinging that they can't run GTA 4 maxxed out. Now I will agree that they made a mistake in the first place linking settings to resolution but they soon corrected that mistake in a patch and gave us as much access to every setting as they could.

4. Very poor PC controller support. Tying it into LIVE and making the assumption everyone has a Xbox360 controller. You're going to get a lot of complaints right there, this was fine with previous GTA games.

Erm I am a pc gamer why should I even give a stuff if they support joypads ? You want to play with a joypad then buy a console. I play on the PC because I want to use the mouse and keyboard to play the game and in my view the mouse and keyboard control in GTA 4 is the best of all the GTA's so far.

5. Making people sign up or sign into something they're not going to use. Again, the assumption is made that 'most' people have a LIVE account. MSN or use multi-player. You can have a offline account but it's not clear what you gain or lose.

What do you mean it isn't clear what you gain or lose ? If you have an offline account you can't play MP or get access to achievements. If you don't like signing up for something to play a game then might I suggest you quit gaming now because you are going to be doing a lot of that in the future.

Why are you moaning about "signing up to use online" as far as I know you have always had to do that. Want to use steam for online then you have to sign up for it, want to use gamespay ? then you have to sign up for it etc etc

6. More customized for the PC, Anti-Aliasing, SLI, DX9/DX10 optimized for the PC. Doesn't seem to be truly optimized for PC set-ups and it tells.

Oh please shut up about AA I am a PC gamer and I couldn't give a stuff about AA to me it is a resource hog that does pretty much f*ck all to make the game look better. In fact most PC's can barely play GTA 4 at medium settings yet here the PC gang are still whinging about AA. As for SLI erm have you seen how many actually have an SLI system ? do you think it is a) 10 percent b) 5 percent or c) less than 2 percent Yep the answer is 2% of PC gamers have an SLI setup mercie_blink.gif there are more MAC users on the planet than there are people with SLI setups. Why should Rockstar or any company waste time and resources implementing SLI for 2% of the audience ?

I think these point contributed to the poor sales and blaming piracy is a poor excuse, since most PC games get pirated yet still have good sales.

You just need to look around the forum on here to see this game has been pirated to hell and back. It is time we started realising in the developers eyes most PC games don't have good sales this is why the PC is getting fewer and fewer games, this is why consoles are the PRIMARY market and the PC is an after thought.

Now I don't have a problem with consumer choice, if you have a problem with GTA 4 then exercise your right as a consumer and don't buy the game. However don't bullsh*t us here people that pirated this game did so because they want a free lunch and not only that they want the right to complain about something they didn't even pay for mercie_blink.gif .

I myself am perfectly happy with GTA 4, I have played it on 2 PC's since launch day and I haven't had a single problem. I will admit performance could be "better" but even on a modest set up I can still play the game with settings that vastly exceed the consoles. The only downer for me is because of the wide spread piracy on the PC this could probably be the last GTA on the PC. I have no doubt when Rockstar announce the dumping of the PC it will be everyone's fault except the people that stole the game, yet again.

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Aug 18 2009, 21:35)
The only downer for me is because of the wide spread piracy on the PC this could probably be the last GTA on the PC.  I have no doubt when Rockstar announce the dumping of the PC it will be everyone's fault except the people that stole the game, yet again.

If I was the type to give lectures, I could give one on the most-likely reasons behind Rockstar's actions relating to their attitude towards the Grand Theft Auto franchise on the PC (after it was stolen from the PC where it originally began).

There are many reasons (well...a hand full anyway) why Rockstar delay, silently threaten not to release on PC, and give small scraps of their resources to the development of the ports which end up on PC.

Piracy is not the cause of Rockstar's f*ckheadness, it is merely a symptom of it. The systems which all the kiddies have - the systems which receive hours (actually days) of advertising and promotion on print, radio, TV, film and internet - the systems which whored around by companies which even claim to be supporting PC gaming - the systems which have flooded the market...are the systems which Rockstar focuses on because it guarantees the sale of the most units. Obviously I'm referring to consoles here, and consoles offer Rockstar the added benefit of sole companies offering up cash and promotional bribes to get exclusive rights to Rockstars "games".

It's sad that they continue to follow this path of the console whores that they are, but as previously stated, they do so because of the flooded market, not for the good of the game. The consoles are not just inferior in performance to PCs of today...they were inferior to the PCs of when the consoles were first released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users