Ground Forces vs. Airships

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,874 replies to this topic
Lellep
  • Lellep

Griefer Griefer =)

• Members

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

Those new avatars look really nice Chris. Good job! I laughed when I saw the blood splatter on the GT avatar Lolz lol.gif

Hopefully I'll be able to participate maybe this week.. We'll see how it turns out.. looking forward to play at the funfair.. I'm not sure it'll be a great place for the GTs though cus there's truly alot of room to circle... but maybe the hiding spots will make up for that... xD

Also... to earn that "Sky Dominator" medal I think it should depend on what place you'r playing at.. IDK what the record is.. maybe about 30-40 by LIN in Bohan? Gotta ask him.. I know my record is 14 kills in Alderny.. dunno how good that is though.. But let's say in Algonquin it's good if you get 5 kills against the GTs.. 5 kills i Bohan for example is maybe not that good though dozingoff.gif Idk where the GTs spot it at Bohan.. I only played there once and that was back then when you guys weren't organized or anything.. just runnin' around ready to get shot at hehe...

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Lellep @ Jul 8 2009, 14:30)
Idk where the GTs spot it at Bohan.. I only played there once and that was back then when you guys weren't organized or anything.. just runnin' around ready to get shot at hehe...

I remember that... When you were "intentionally" clipping everybody's tail haha tounge.gif
wink.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

The OP is updated (finally).

I still have to add the PS3 Trial Match Participant List and create an A/G War Quick Guide for both the PSN and 360 matches. I will post them here, but there will be a permanent link to them at the top of the OP.

About the Pilot Medals: Since I am not a Pilot, my choice for Pilot Medals was very arbitrary. I went w/some suggestions from Tonksi, but at the time the advice was given, Tonksi had yet to play in these matches.

So if the Pilot Medals are unreasonable, I would LOVE some suggestions from the Pilots as to what medals they may be interested in. icon14.gif

Lellep
  • Lellep

Griefer Griefer =)

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Jul 8 2009, 15:31)
QUOTE (Lellep @ Jul 8 2009, 14:30)
Idk where the GTs spot it at Bohan.. I only played there once and that was back then when you guys weren't organized or anything.. just runnin' around ready to get shot at hehe...

I remember that... When you were "intentionally" clipping everybody's tail haha tounge.gif
wink.gif

Yeah LOL.. I think I only clipped Delta's tail once though, and I got my own tail aswell and crashed lol... Fun and laggy game I remember XD
Maybe I got some more people's tails.. there were like 7-8 pilots in the game lol.. no room for me >.< Crashed alot of times trying to avoid other people's helis hehehehe

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:56 AM

Chris you messed up in the OP for the 360 it says all participants must send a friend request to AllPilotsMustDie but before that you said the name was PilotsMustDie.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:15 AM Edited by Booze T, 09 July 2009 - 10:06 AM.

Never mind, you're right... Too bad the allowed space on Xbox gamertags fell one character short of AllPilotsMustDie confused.gif

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hello,

Having signed up for ground force on the 360 side I was wondering if any PS3 users of the ground force have any decent tactics for taking on a professional heli pilot ? I have a few of my own but would love to hear any I may of overlooked icon14.gif biggrin.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Nitty Don @ Jul 9 2009, 08:36)
Hello,

Having signed up for ground force on the 360 side I was wondering if any PS3 users of the ground force have any decent tactics for taking on a professional heli pilot ? I have a few of my own but would love to hear any I may of overlooked icon14.gif biggrin.gif

Here is a link directly to the GT strategy in the OP. icon14.gif

Ground Forces Strategy

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

I am happy to announce the date and time for the very first official Xbox Air vs Ground match!
This event is to be held:

Sunday July 12, 7 pm GMT.

This converts to 3 pm Eastern Time.

If you need to convert this time to your own you can use this site.

If you can't make it at this time and date, don't worry, there will be more matches (if there's still interest of course).

I don't think we'll have a full room but in case there's more than 16 people available it will be as on the PS3 side: FIRST ONLINE, FIRST SERVED!

Match specifics (settings, locations) coming soon!

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Actually, 7pm GMT is 2pm EST... smile.gif icon14.gif

Will enter into the OP.

Quick Guides coming tomorrow.

And I would suggest the northern cranes in Algonquin (by star junction where the road is blocked off) for your first match.

It is the "Home Turf" of the PSN GTs, and HELL on the Pilots! devil.gif

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 9 2009, 21:52)
Actually, 7pm GMT is 2pm EST... smile.gif   icon14.gif

Will enter into the OP.

And I would suggest the northern cranes in Algonquin (by star junction where the road is blocked off) for your first match.

Are you sure?

"07:00:00 p.m. Sunday July 12, 2009 in GMT converts to
03:00:00 p.m. Sunday July 12, 2009 in US/Eastern
Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in GMT
Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in US/Eastern"

This taken from this site...

Nice tip on the first location. It's probably best to go easy on the GT's the first time 'round. How many matches do you guys usually play? 2? 3? What other locations?

Oh and just out of curiosity, how is the chase round shaping up? Last time I read about it it was pretty complicated with a lot of stops and still some issues to sort out...

Seniorbboby
  • Seniorbboby

Air Ground War VET

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:16 PM

The chase is still pretty scattered but Algonquin sure is a good place for ground units!

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:36 AM

Hey guys can we have a heli and boat chase?

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

Or, from another thread in multiplayer, can the gunships carry passengers who drop grenades or fire out of the heli windows?

Ups the ante a wee bit - more kills from the air, more kills when a chopper is shot down.
devil.gif

The Owl
  • The Owl

Captain of the Sniper team.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Jul 9 2009, 22:33)
QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 9 2009, 21:52)
Actually, 7pm GMT is 2pm EST... smile.gif   icon14.gif

Will enter into the OP.

Are you sure?

"07:00:00 p.m. Sunday July 12, 2009 in GMT converts to
03:00:00 p.m. Sunday July 12, 2009 in US/Eastern
Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in GMT
Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in US/Eastern"

He means UK time which is currently BST.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

No, I see where the confusion is coming from. I thought EST and US/Eastern were the same. But EST is like GMT, a constant. US/Eastern has Daylight Saving Time applied to it.

So 7 pm GMT is in fact 2 pm EST, which translates to 3 pm Eastern Time, which, in retrospect makes my original post correct tounge.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:27 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 10 July 2009 - 07:46 PM.

user posted image
Xbox 360 Quick Guide

GTs = Ground Troops

To Join:
1. Post your interest in THIS thread that states that you understand the rules.
2. Expect a Friend Request from PilotsMustDie WITH "A/G War" in the message.
3. Show up at Match time and you will receive an invite.

Match Settings:

Game Type: Team Deathmatch
Match Length: 20 minutes
Teams: 2
FF: Off
AA: Off
Weapons: Powerful
Ploice: Off
Traffic: Parked (to keep down lag)
Peds: Off (to keep down lag)
Blips: Far
ID Display: On
Reticule Health: On
Voice Chat: Team
Respawn Distance: Medium
Respawn Time: 1 Second
TOD: Random
Weather: Variable

Match Rules:

General

1. The first five minutes of the match are for GTs to arm up and for Pilots to grab Helis. All participants are allowed to get armour. NO SHOOTING!

2. The Match starts when the clock winds down to 15 minutes.

Pilot Rules

1. Pilots can only fire when on the ground when defending themselves after crashing and trying to go for another Heli. After spawning, they MUST go for another Heli.

2. NO BLADING!

3. No bailing from Heli to avoid giving the GTs a kill.

3. HEALTH for Helis: This is an ongoing debate in the PSN Matches. Some of our Pilots hang with the Heli to the end. In these cases, the Pilot is allowed to "Kamakazi" their burning Heli into GTs (some of the most epic moments have been when this happens - just ask MrJohn...lol).

On the other hand, most of the Pilots on the PSN side refuse to NOT pick up health. This is something you guys must work out on your own, with 'Captain' BoozeT having the ultimate say in the matter.

GT Rules

1. GTs can go after Pilots on the ground ONLY when they have crashed and did not die. Once that Pilot has been killed, he MUST be allowed to spawn and retrieve a Heli unmolested.

2. TAKE DOWN THOSE f*CKING PILOTS!!! devil.gif

here are some basic things for GTs to consider:

Stay together. Not so close that Pilots can mow down ppl 2 or 3 at a time, but close enough so that ALL GTs are fighting the same Helis.

If you plan on sniping, seperate yourself from the main group. This way, the Helis will concentrate on the main group and you can pick them off from a distance.

CROUCH AND COVER!!!! The Pilots rely on the Dot over your head to get a bearing on you from the sky. If you crouch, that dot goes away and makes it much harder for them to spot you. Also, make sure to take cover. Bushes, underpasses, interiors, columns, etc. all make good cover. Finding an object that you can rotate around (i.e. building column, stacked boxes on docks, etc.). That way you can keep it between you and the Heli and still fire on it.

NOTE: In the PSN Elite Matches, if a GT is running around without crouching, they are liable to get an RPG up the ass from one of their teammates!

The following link goes directly to the more detailed GT strategy in the first post of this thread:

Ground Forces Strategy

If any of the PSN folks think of anything I left off, let me know and I will add it. icon14.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:42 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 10 July 2009 - 11:43 PM.

Match Times

PSN Matches:
Elite Match: Saturday, July 11th - 2pm EST - 7pm GMT - 6pm London Time
Trial Match: Sunday, July 12th - 2pm EST - 7pm GMT - 6pm London Time

360 Match:
Sunday, July 12th - 2pm EST - 7pm GMT - 6pm London Time

EDIT:
GODAMN IT! I cant figure this sh*t out!

All I know is that I have been posting Match times for months as:
2pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) - 7pm GMT (have no idea what that actually stands for)

...and its been all good! Now I am told that England/London is GMT +1 which would make the match 8pm there, right?

All I know is that I am playing this match at 2pm MY TIME! tounge.gif

You guys figure out the rest...lmao

@BoozeT: I left work early today and left my saved code for the OP there, so will update the OP with your latest info on Monday (sorry bout that).

I hope that the Quick Guide will help you guys out a bit. They are guidelines, but the 360 matches are yours, so if you want anything changed, just let me know. (that I can do from home...lol)

I think I can speak for all the PSN A/G folks in wishing you luck for Sunday. It helps that many of your participants have actually taken part in the conversations in this thread (including you), but ppl can turn ugly in-game...lol

Just remember, the PSN matches took over 6 months to get to the point that they actually worked. So, if things go haywire, just remember there is always next week (that thought helps me, anyway...).

Oh yea, and we haven't given up on the "Chase" idea...just put it on hiatus for a bit.

user posted image

Anyway, see you PSN Players tomorrow!

GTs FTW! devil.gif

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

WOW wow.gif Thanks a lot Chris!!
When/if I come up with any changes I'll let you know. So do you guys play 1 twenty minute match? That seems a little short... I was thinking about 2 thirty minute matches myself, one in Algonquin and one in Bohan.

And oh yeah,

uhm

PILOTS FTW!!!!!!!!! devil.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:09 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 10 July 2009 - 09:58 PM.

QUOTE (Booze T @ Jul 10 2009, 15:57)
WOW wow.gif Thanks a lot Chris!!
When/if I come up with any changes I'll let you know. So do you guys play 1 twenty minute match? That seems a little short... I was thinking about 2 thirty minute matches myself, one in Algonquin and one in Bohan.

And oh yeah,

uhm

PILOTS FTW!!!!!!!!! devil.gif

It varies week to week, but we usually do three 20 minute matches; 1st in Algonquin (favors GTs), 2nd in Bohan (favors Pilots) and the third we decide in-game. It also depends on how many ppl show.

And, while it doesn't seem like it should be this way, PSN GTs seem to do well at the Docks as well.

@MrJohn: Like the Pilots need MORE help? Who's side are you on, anyway...lol tounge.gif

..and just now realized BoozeT is one of THOSE! nervous.gif

Scifen
  • Scifen

✞☐Δ

• The Connection

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

The XBL pilots list looks a little short...
Feel free to add me to the list, this seems interesting.

XBL gamertag: Scifen514

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:00 PM Edited by Booze T, 10 July 2009 - 11:02 PM.

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 10 2009, 22:09)
..and just now realized BoozeT is one of THOSE! nervous.gif

TOO LATE

Muahahahahaha
haha
hahaaaeerrrghgh *cough*rugah*cough*

moto_whistle.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

Cool I'll be there.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Scifen @ Jul 11 2009, 00:59)

Good to have you, Scifen! Please accept the friend request from PilotsMustDie icon14.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Scifen @ Jul 10 2009, 18:59)

Actually, there are more on the list...I just haven't updated the OP yet and can't til monday (I know, if I am posting this, why can't I update the OP...its complicated...lol)...but I am sure that BoozeT will include you in this weekends match...assuming you get on in time.

All matches are First Online First to Play! icon14.gif

NightHellBr
  • NightHellBr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:33 AM

Hi i'm new to this forum and I wanted to ask if this A/G event is still on Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif . If so I would want to be in Grounforce, btw my PSN is NightHellBr I will try to add you AllPilotsMustDie, and I understand all rules!

swooner
  • swooner

AOD Wrapped Member

• Members

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

Played on the 360 on Sunday & thought it was pretty fun. A lot of chatter going on, so I couldn't really understand much. People were coordinating fairly well, regardless.

I prefer to play as ground forces, but I think the pilots could use a boost (Airstrikes?)...

Alex DeLarge.
  • Alex DeLarge.

Biker Droog.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

Yeah it was alright I guess, But next time Leelee your coming with us sly.gif
You know what im talking about lol.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:46 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 14 July 2009 - 04:36 PM.

WE ARE BACK!!!!

Damn good to see everything still here!

BoozeT and I have a plan to create a new thread that will make these matches a little more organized.

Didn't realize I was almost as addicted to this forum as I am to GTA til it wasn't here for 3 days!

I also have to apologise for Sunday. My house guests (family...sigh) were mad cuz I wasn't spending enough time with them, so couldn't make the match.

Did anything go off on Sunday?

Damn, its good to be back!!! nervous.gif dontgetit.gif biggrin.gif icon14.gif

EDIT: @lellep post below: Well, me and BoozeT are gonna get all this straightened out soon...and I am hoping our Event will be better than ever!!! icon14.gif

Lellep
  • Lellep

Griefer Griefer =)

• Members

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Jul 14 2009, 15:46)
WE ARE BACK!!!!

Damn good to see everything still here!

BoozeT and I have a plan to create a new thread that will make these matches a little more organized.

Didn't realize I was almost as addicted to this forum as I am to GTA til it wasn't here for 3 days!

I also have to apologise for Sunday. My house guests (family...sigh) were mad cuz I wasn't spending enough time with them, so couldn't make the match.

Did anything go off on Sunday?

Damn, its good to be back!!! icon14.gif nervous.gif dontgetit.gif biggrin.gif

Me and john were planning on hosting a match on the Sunday since you couldn't make it.. But it never happend... Guess there wasn't enough people on + john logged out pretty early..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users