• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,874 replies to this topic
SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:24 AM

The trick is also to get out of the open areas in the Airport. I played a good pilot in free mode a week or so ago, finally managed to get to the OTHER side of the airport and he had to roughest time trying to get me while I was in the garage, using the levels and pillars for cover.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (ACE_N_RANDIE @ Dec 23 2008, 07:33)
Wow, these battles would be great to see. Just as a spectator. Or ride along in one of the choppers.... Someone should make a video of it if you can?!

Hey, if you want to spectate, why not film it yourself? We'll all be too busy killing each other to film.

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:18 PM

Good ideas there SuperJude.

BTW guys what is our objective. Ground Forces. and if we get killed once can we get back in or sit out.

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

Nice SuperJude, You will have to give us some tips.

Maybe we should have Groun force units, Snipers, Gunners, RPG's?

I want a few goes today, see what they are made of.

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Bates_GTA @ Dec 23 2008, 13:23)
Nice SuperJude, You will have to give us some tips.

Maybe we should have Groun force units, Snipers, Gunners, RPG's?

I want a few goes today, see what they are made of.

Good idea if that goes down I bags the RPG.

Also weapon set has to be set to Powerful. Easier for us ground forces.

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

I'll take a sniper position. colgate.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

Where the chopper blades meet the chopper is the weak point. Spent a bunch of time experimenting and that seems to be the one portion of the chopper which will always catch on fire with 1 or 2 clips. Being able to hit it while they are moving on the other hand isn't easy at all.

Having a crew dedicated could change this, if you had say one person working on sniper, another with RPG, maybe 2 or 3 people used as bait, as I believe baiting is a key element here, keep the chopper in one spot so the people with the long range weapons can get in.

The other spot I found which I had success against a good pilot was under some random overpass. He couldn't get down close enough to me and when he tried hitting me with bullets from the chopper, I simply stood behind a pillar and waited it out, so even if he changed firing angle, I could just slide a little bit left or right.

Still and all, it's a bitch killing a pilot who is actually good.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

gotta have auto aim on and go for the pilot.

Snipers should go for the chopper itself and not the pilot because hitting them would be blind luck, go for the chopper and set it on fire faster.

I am a gunner.

Katalix
  • Katalix

Awesome.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

Definetely, Charger and I are good friends. I'd love to participate.

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Dec 23 2008, 14:25)
Where the chopper blades meet the chopper is the weak point. Spent a bunch of time experimenting and that seems to be the one portion of the chopper which will always catch on fire with 1 or 2 clips. Being able to hit it while they are moving on the other hand isn't easy at all.

Having a crew dedicated could change this, if you had say one person working on sniper, another with RPG, maybe 2 or 3 people used as bait, as I believe baiting is a key element here, keep the chopper in one spot so the people with the long range weapons can get in.

The other spot I found which I had success against a good pilot was under some random overpass. He couldn't get down close enough to me and when he tried hitting me with bullets from the chopper, I simply stood behind a pillar and waited it out, so even if he changed firing angle, I could just slide a little bit left or right.

Nice ideas mate, I got another one to. We need people like guarding the healths. Because when others tend to set a chopper on fire, They fly to the nearest health. We should get someone to drive there take the health, attack the chopper and when he sees the health come back he takes it along with the other healths nearby.

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (sammyman88 @ Dec 24 2008, 02:27)
QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Dec 23 2008, 14:25)

Nice ideas mate, I got another one to. We need people like guarding the healths. Because when others tend to set a chopper on fire, They fly to the nearest health. We should get someone to drive there take the health, attack the chopper and when he sees the health come back he takes it along with the other healths nearby.

Quality Idea!!

I played erler against a pilot it was pretty much Me vs Him, My friends didnt have a clue what was going on, anyway, he killed me twice, i set him alight once, it was hard, but posible with tactics. It's going to be good. I hope you will all be there, It will take teamwork.

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:56 AM

We should discuss this somewhere else. They will know our tactics. Anyway this health idea has to be done.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

I agree, that is a good idea. played against a couple of scrub pilots today...here is a video of the encounter.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:37 AM Edited by ChristopherD, 24 December 2008 - 06:11 AM.

I used to LOVE road trips....not so much anymore...lol

Some very good ideas so far...

I was going to PM my ideas...but takes too long and if we execute correctly, it won't matter if they know our strategy...

Anyway, I think covering at least the more easily reachable health packs (HPs) is essential. It will be hard enough to damage the Helis just to have them pick up HPs every two minutes. We HAVE to keep this in mind.

As SJ said, the Rotor Connection Assemblies (RCAs...I made that up...pretty good, huh) should be the target if not going for the actual pilot. While I have never done it and may be wrong, I would swear I have seen others set the Heli on fire in one clip w/the M4 (or is it M5).

Cover, obviously, is essential as well. The parking garage is a GREAT idea! Although, we might lose the match before any of us can get over there. I think that there is plenty of cover in the main portion of the airport, though. Also, if you DO get caught out in the open and a Heli comes at you, I have found that it is better to run TOWARDS the Heli as apposed to running away from it. Gives them less time to set up the shot. Although I have seen CHARGER hover practically in place with his Heli pointing almost straight down at the ground. Wish I could figure that one out.

Another important strategy for us, I think, is to stay together. Not so close that a Heli can take out multiple targets at once, but close enough so that anytime they target one of us, there are at least four guns attacking that Heli. Say, for sake of argument, it takes 2 clips of an M4 to set a Heli on fire. That means that if four of us are targeting the weak point, we should (in theory) be able to actually blow the damn thing up by each of us emptying one clip, having actually laid 4 clips of ammo into the thing.

Also, I was thinking that maybe we should set the TDM to three teams, with two of them being ground forces. This way we could use mics and have less trbl with ppl talking over each other. Of course, I don't know if all of you guys have mics. It would also make it easier to accidentally kill each other (which I am notorious for and why I stay away from FF on TDMs...lol That and SuperJude... lol.gif )

Whatever strategy we use, it is important that all of us know what it is and what each of us will be doing. I believe that our being organized is even more important than the actual strategy.

@Sammy
I think we should play it, as for scoring, as a reg. TDM. Die? Get right back in it.

@SuperJude
This won't happen til Dec. 29. Will you be back in town by then? If not, will pull you from list. Would love to have you on the team, though!

Damn! Took me a long time to do this post. I can officially say HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I would also like to make sure that whatever settings we decide on are OK with the Pilots...Of course CHARGER may never shut up; we all know how unbelievably chatty he is in this forum....lol (sarcasm in case anyone missed it)

LMAO@sammy...that's funny sh*t...

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

again as I said auto aim with assault rifles

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Dec 24 2008, 01:40)
again as I said auto aim with assault rifles

I switched the AA to on in the 1st post but did not confirm yet...

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:48 AM

or we could keep as powerful if we want snipers, rpgs.

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:21 AM

sign me up as Ground Forces. PSN: NinjaWJ

SCAR.
  • SCAR.

Youth Courage Greatness

• D1RTY12
  • Ireland

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

Im in. Put me as Ground Forces

sammyman88
  • sammyman88

Psycho =MB=

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

Lol yeh so a few people attack one chopper while one goes get the health pack.

llCHARGERll
  • llCHARGERll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

ive killed two people at once because they were both shooting me and were too close together cool.gif

osmaeel
  • osmaeel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

man, look how unconfident you guys feel after you played aganist someone who could actually fly. First it was all weapons and auto aim off, now its a MUST to have auto aim on(while we are still manually aiming), but anyways its fine for me, helis still dominate Liberty City.
btw to heli pilots stay away from each other and never go after the same person, get health as soon as your heli beeps(or if your health is low). what is the respawn distance? btw if your in the sky you must have a mic.

llCHARGERll
  • llCHARGERll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

i think getting the healths will be a piece of cake.i know where all them are and i can get them. at least at the airport i know where they are sly.gif

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (osmaeel @ Dec 24 2008, 17:19)
man, look how unconfident you guys feel after you played aganist someone who could actually fly. First it was all weapons and auto aim off, now its a MUST to have auto aim on(while we are still manually aiming), but anyways its fine for me, helis still dominate Liberty City.
btw to heli pilots stay away from each other and never go after the same person, get health as soon as your heli beeps(or if your health is low). what is the respawn distance? btw if your in the sky you must have a mic.

I did my best...I did my best...aargh

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (osmaeel @ Dec 24 2008, 13:19)

Not me, dude...lol

I think it is a mistake to use AA on. It makes it almost impossible to target the RCAs with AA on. But majority rules, I guess.

What do you want respawn set to? Doesn't matter to me due to the rules of letting you guys get another Heli if you die (because if we didn't have that rule, you would NEVER get back to them!).

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Dec 24 2008, 13:38)
QUOTE (osmaeel @ Dec 24 2008, 17:19)

I did my best...I did my best...aargh

Don't worry, burnin...

I gaurantee it won't be like that in this match... devil.gif

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

for the record I did have the high score... cool.gif

osmaeel
  • osmaeel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Dec 24 2008, 17:49)
for the record I did have the high score... cool.gif

WRONG.... techenically you had the high score because I left in midgame because it froze. I had to join back which at the end I had 2000 vs 4600 I think. I know that I had more then you when it froze.

mylungsareburnin01
  • mylungsareburnin01

mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

All I said was when the game was over I had the high score, because you left and came back does not change the HIGH SCORE. so I am RIGHT. tounge.gif

osmaeel
  • osmaeel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin01 @ Dec 24 2008, 18:02)
All I said was when the game was over I had the high score, because you left and came back does not change the HIGH SCORE. so I am RIGHT. tounge.gif

YES you are sir

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users