Photo

Load Failed, please check your hard drive and try again

20 replies to this topic
ATR-Xero
  • ATR-Xero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

I want to continue with GTA 4 game, but my pc says: Load Failed, please check your hard drive and try again
Does anybody has a solution for this??

albieg
  • albieg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:43 PM Edited by albieg, 22 December 2008 - 03:46 PM.

I'd check the hard drive.

Go to hdtune.com and download HDTune, check the smart parameters, a yellow parameter means that the hard drive can be in a critical state, red means it's toast. Be careful that HDTune is prone to false alarms when it comes to S.M.A.R.T. because some current values can be close to threshold values (say 100 as current and 97 as threshold and the parameter is shown in yellow, although 100 may well be the starting (default) value...), so check for false alarms (just compare other values and you'll be able to decide if it's a false alarm or not).

Second, do a complete surface scan in HDTune (not the fast one). If red blocks appear, the surface of your hard disk is damaged and there's a chance of having faulty files in it. If this is the case, I'd suggest to replace it.

Also check the file system structure with chkdsk. If some GTA files are corrupt, replace them or reinstall after having revoked the license if applicable.

The right choice would anyway be a reinstall in case of corrupt files, but not before having checked the integrity of the hard disk and of the file system.

Edit: anyway it seems related to a game save, judging from what I see somewhere else. Probably you have a corrupt save file. Apart from the checks suggested above, you could try another game save, if you have it.

ATR-Xero
  • ATR-Xero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

my hard drive is ok, but i still cant play sad.gif

NecroViolator
  • NecroViolator

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

Are you using Vista ???
Had this problem once when I didnt use a program as a Administrator...

Might not be the answer though... confused.gif

ATR-Xero
  • ATR-Xero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

no, i have XP

YoungGun
  • YoungGun

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:22 PM

this happen to me when my game auto saved then suddenly went to a BSOD. when i tried to load the saved game again, I got that message.
Luckily I had more then one saved game, I just had to load a different save game form a different slot and worked again.

ATR-Xero
  • ATR-Xero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:56 AM

at all my saves games he says that bored.gif

browney
  • browney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

I've got this problem sad.gif

matija1991
  • matija1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

With original game there is no problem,, when i installed pirat version with crack and create offline acc this problem showes up

andimann
  • andimann

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

Having the same problem..

Original patched GTA IV, win xp sp3
game saved autmatically without crashing
Now I can't load my latest savegame (the old ones work fine but they last one in another saving slot is ten days old :'( )

No Hexeditor-trick oder something like that???

Andi

dafour
  • dafour

Car Crasher

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

Here too damn icon13.gif
Made a fresh install and keeps telling check your hd...

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

Did you guys backup the Xlive folder too? It is required to make your previous saves work on a new install. It's found here:
Vista: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive
XP: C:\documents and settings\<user>\Local Settings\Applicationdata\Microsoft\XLive

Alternatively, you could just use Xliveless to load those saves.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (ATR-Xero @ Dec 23 2008, 09:56)
at all my saves games he says that bored.gif

Try starting a new game.

QUOTE (matija1991 @ Jan 3 2009, 13:45)
With original game there is no problem,, when i installed pirat version with crack and create offline acc this problem showes up

Bollocks.

gene_cann
  • gene_cann

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

Dont know if its just me But I spent hours f*cking around with this save game mod and couldnt get it to work I later found/discovered that you have to sign of from your own offline account and sign in as the creator of the save game your using and Bobs your uncle! I dont usualy post in forums but this had me stumpted for days and as far as I have seen isn't documented anywhere! so thought I would share!

squeky
  • squeky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

your latest / auto save load file is corrupted, delete the latest load file in the document and settings/user/local setting/application data/rockstar games/savegames/userfolder/ keep other load files and see if it works.

the file with the last number is the autosave file.

G.addict
  • G.addict

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

i had the same problem after installing patch 6 . the old save files wont load :S
does anyone have a solution?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

Do they work if you install the latest (7th) patch?

dazzab
  • dazzab

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

I seem to be having the same problem. Had the original game from the release, done nothing different and after the latest update it comes up with 'Load failed. Please check your hard drive and try again'. This is with GTA and EFLC. none of the saved games load. I even start a new game, save it back at the apartment and try to load this and comes up with the same message. Can still play fine as well as multiplayer, except load. Last night tried reinstalling the game but with the same problem. Tried defragging hard drive. Can anyone please help?
I'm running Win XP.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

Try using xliveless to bypass the issue. If that works, then you should try uninstalling GFWL and installing this GFWL update.

coolkishore
  • coolkishore

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

http://www.gta-exper..._savegames.html check out this it solves the save game problem smile.gif it worked for me[B]

jesgrid
  • jesgrid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

hi smile.gif

I think you have lost your game application file. Use Windows data recovery software to recover it back.
Definitely you can have your file back and can access it... My brother recovered 4GB of games data using Remo Recover software. One good thing, you can download the demo version for free...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users