This is unacceptable

48 replies to this topic
qwertz123
  • qwertz123

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Testmonkey @ Dec 22 2008, 09:39)
Well, that really does sum it up. The PC release of GTA IV seems to be an afterthought of Rockstar, and if this is a sign of things to come, then PC gaming is f*cked. f*ck you Rockstar, and f*ck you for releasing such a godamn sh*tty port. You f*cking assholes. Grow a dick and do your godamn job. And if you can't get a godamn port done right, then don't f*cking bother doing a port at all, rather than give your fans some half ass piece of sh*t that you have the balls to call a game.

don't spoil everything for now, there are many more years to come and go! but as a pcgamer things don't look that good, especially when you know that the driving force for "pcgaming", john carmack, has sold his soul as well...

i feel with you, son.

Testmonkey
  • Testmonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (qwertz123 @ Dec 22 2008, 09:49)
Well, that really does sum it up. The PC release of GTA IV seems to be an afterthought of Rockstar, and if this is a sign of things to come, then PC gaming is f*cked. f*ck you Rockstar, and f*ck you for releasing such a godamn sh*tty port. You f*cking assholes. Grow a dick and do your godamn job. And if you can't get a godamn port done right, then don't f*cking bother doing a port at all, rather than give your fans some half ass piece of sh*t that you have the balls to call a game.

don't spoil everything for now, there are many more years to come and go! but as a pcgamer things don't look that good, especially when you know that the driving force for "pcgaming", john carmack, has sold his soul as well...

i feel with you, son.

Last time I checked, Germany is steadily becoming the Mecca of PC gaming, so maybe us PC gamers will have to speak German in the near future if we want to play a decent godamn game. hehe.

Allonzo
  • Allonzo

R* f*cked up

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (scarybandit @ Dec 22 2008, 04:31)
QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Dec 22 2008, 03:11)
Hi troll that just joined a few moments ago and this is his first post,

Make it less obvious next time.

What is it you cool kids say these days?
KTHXBAI?

Looks perfectly fine for a first post if you ask me - and a lot better spoken than the average veteran forum member. I'm pretty sure if you did a statistical analysis you'd find fanboys fit more easily into the 'troll' category anyway.

I wish the fanboys would get off the forums and back to the game they can obviously play without any issues and let the large number of people with legitimate criticisms and issues try and get some real response and/or support.

If all the fanboys who can play GTA IV were playing the flawless, bug-free multiplayer rolleyes.gif they would be doing a greater service to their beloved R* than they do here with their simpering flattery.

The criticisms here on these forums and on many tech sites are based on real problems.

Pointlessly defending a company that has messed up is not going to help them fix the problems with their product.

If you were a true R* supporter (as many of the critical posters here are - like me, for instance), you might consider that if R* does not move quickly to fix the problems with their product they will suffer as a company.

So, by all means fanboys, continue with your R* unconditional love - you are being no friends to R* in the long term.

+1

qwertz123
  • qwertz123

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Testmonkey @ Dec 22 2008, 10:56)
QUOTE (qwertz123 @ Dec 22 2008, 09:49)

i feel with you, son.

Last time I checked, Germany is steadily becoming the Mecca of PC gaming, so maybe us PC gamers will have to speak German in the near future if we want to play a decent godamn game. hehe.

my accent is unmistakable lol.gif

germany rulez!

LSD T
  • LSD T

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (qwertz123 @ Dec 22 2008, 11:38)

my accent is unmistakable lol.gif

germany rulez!

Hey woah there fella, I'm all for the general sentiment of support of the poster, but seriously it was that kind of thing that got you lot in an awful lot of trouble a couple of years back...

"Don't anybody mention the war, I almost did, but think I got away with it"
B Fawlty

izzy eckerslike
  • izzy eckerslike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

Top the OP

SP3 can cause problems just like SP2 did if it was installed over the existing drivers, for me SP3 gave me my first ever BSOD but only a fresh install of windows with SP2&3 added before all the other drivers should be 100% stable.

SLI is not supported as yet so only 50% of you GX2 will be recognised ingame

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Zav_ @ Dec 22 2008, 01:17)

KTHXBAI?

Its so easy to spot rich kids/console kiddies.

Seriously you're like a bunch of fluoro pink soldiers on a pure UV planet.

Rockstar f'd up.We complain, being people who paid for the game.Not that you would know, since mommy probably bought the game for you before hitting the local pub.

Yes, just because I actually work and earn my money, bring my mom into this. Really mature mate. Keep proving that most of the community has really turned into immature people.

Oh and I'm not trying to say that there are not problems with the game. I'm just saying instead of just saying unhelpful things like "f*ck ROCKSTAR" and "f*ck ROCKSTAR TORONTO" in every support thread, why not actually help them by detailing your issues and giving them your specs and or Dxdiag report. That would help them more. I can't imagine the morale over at Toronto right now.

Allonzo
  • Allonzo

R* f*cked up

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (LSD T @ Dec 22 2008, 12:03)
[QUOTE=qwertz123,Dec 22 2008, 11:38]
"Don't anybody mention the war, I almost did, but think I got away with it"
B Fawlty

Isnt that from the office UK lol.gif

xithilinx
  • xithilinx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Dec 22 2008, 13:34)
QUOTE (Zav_ @ Dec 22 2008, 01:17)

KTHXBAI?

Its so easy to spot rich kids/console kiddies.

Seriously you're like a bunch of fluoro pink soldiers on a pure UV planet.

Rockstar f'd up.We complain, being people who paid for the game.Not that you would know, since mommy probably bought the game for you before hitting the local pub.

Yes, just because I actually work and earn my money, bring my mom into this. Really mature mate. Keep proving that most of the community has really turned into immature people.

Oh and I'm not trying to say that there are not problems with the game. I'm just saying instead of just saying unhelpful things like "f*ck ROCKSTAR" and "f*ck ROCKSTAR TORONTO" in every support thread, why not actually help them by detailing your issues and giving them your specs and or Dxdiag report. That would help them more. I can't imagine the morale over at Toronto right now.

Right.. What they need to do is go out and buy some PC's for themselves and actually bug test these issues, since they made the damn game. They should use the money that they 'stole' from pc gamers and use it towards developing a new patch where people out there can play the game acceptably. Or they could actually participate in forums and ASK for these DXDIAG reports and again PARTICIPATE to actually achieve something. Another thing this team of so called game programmers should actually let there fans know that they would like to help the PC port rather than hiding in the shadows and giving no support what so ever and being as useless as a CD of Grand Theft Auto IV at the moment.

What I personally don't understand is why Toronto made the game when it seems North had everything in order when they made all of the previous Grand Theft Auto's.

And no I'm not going to go out and gamble my money on buying a new PC that owns everything so I can find out if I get great performance or not. From what I've seen so far from specs is it doesn't matter what your specs are, it's just as big as a gamble as buying the new Grand Theft Auto.

....criticism is needed, just as applauds.

sonofhendrix
  • sonofhendrix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

it suprised me because all their previous games were so solid and finished on release.

I mean if it was a damn good polished game, people would flock out to buy it, if it was chirstmas, easter, summer, autum, pancake day!! i mean DUH!!!!

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

It was not a very well made produck.

Bob-o
  • Bob-o

GTA Fanatic

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Testmonkey @ Dec 22 2008, 02:52)
I've come to realize that this game was a rushed port. Simply put, Rockstar was more concerned with getting this game out in time for the holidays and less concerned with releasing a polished and optimized PC port.

Congratulations dick tracey.
thanks for registering to enlighten us of your new discovery. it appears your are the first registered member to determine and post that the game has technical problems

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:47 PM Edited by xrk, 22 December 2008 - 08:50 PM.

QUOTE (sonofhendrix @ Dec 22 2008, 19:29)
it suprised me because all their previous games were so solid and finished on release.

Gta3 pc had a bad start, sa had problems (crashed every 10mins until 1.1 patch for me)

QUOTE (xithilinx @ Dec 22 2008)
Or they could actually participate in forums and ASK for these DXDIAG reports and again PARTICIPATE to actually achieve something. Another thing this team of so called game programmers should actually let there fans know that they would like to help the PC port rather than hiding in the shadows and giving no support what so ever and being as useless as a CD of Grand Theft Auto IV at the moment.

http://www.gtaforums...showuser=352152

xithilinx
  • xithilinx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (xrk @ Dec 22 2008, 20:47)

Gta3 pc had a bad start, sa had problems (crashed every 10mins until 1.1 patch for me)

Or they could actually participate in forums and ASK for these DXDIAG reports and again PARTICIPATE to actually achieve something. Another thing this team of so called game programmers should actually let there fans know that they would like to help the PC port rather than hiding in the shadows and giving no support what so ever and being as useless as a CD of Grand Theft Auto IV at the moment.

I'm currently aware of that, but how much has that user spokesmen for Toronto actually made an impact on anything? As far as I can see it they've not participated enough and have been vague as to the actual support for the this game.

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

Check this out:

user posted image

xtremist5150
  • xtremist5150

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (xithilinx @ Dec 22 2008, 21:36)
QUOTE (xrk @ Dec 22 2008, 20:47)

I'm currently aware of that, but how much has that user spokesmen for Toronto actually made an impact on anything? As far as I can see it they've not participated enough and have been vague as to the actual support for the this game.

Hahaha you all think they care???

HAHAHAHAHA

They've got your $50, they don't!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Ducati848
  • Ducati848

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:14 PM Edited by Ducati848, 22 December 2008 - 10:17 PM.

I dunno.....I'm having fun with the game, only getting 46 fps and sure at times the game does tend to slow down a little but still completely playable. Hell the game slowed down at times on the 360 version, and It was on a new 360.

A LOT of people are going to feel like asses when the game gets patched and is more optimized....The game is too popular not to be patched...just takes time

ArecBalrin
  • ArecBalrin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Ducati848 @ Dec 22 2008, 22:14)
I dunno.....I'm having fun with the game, only getting 46 fps and sure at times the game does tend to slow down a little but still completely playable. Hell the game slowed down at times on the 360 version, and It was on a new 360.

A LOT of people are going to feel like asses when the game gets patched and is more optimized....The game is too popular not to be patched...just takes time

Popularity is no garauntee. Rockstar have never released a patch more than a month after either a release or a prior patch. If they patch the game in 2009, it would be a Rockstar first.

All three of the 3D GTA's that have been on PC have had outstanding glitches which players were vocal about. The only exception to the rule ever was the hot coffee non-controversy over San Andreas, but just about no one who actually played the game complained about.

Couple this with some of the vague and confused statements Rockstar Toronto devs have made, the future isn't bright. But all it would take for me to buy the game tomorrow is for one of them to post a message promising there will be a performance patch.

Loeder
  • Loeder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Vicetopia @ Dec 22 2008, 03:12)
QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Dec 21 2008, 22:11)

KTHXBAI?

Would it count for anything if I copied and pasted his entire post, just to agree with it?
lol.gif

you could just quote it, idiot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users