» «
Photo

GTA IV PC - In_Game Cell Phone problem

9 replies to this topic
Funkycolmadina
  • Funkycolmadina

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:22 AM Edited by Funkycolmadina, 22 December 2008 - 02:39 AM.

Hello, this is my first ever post wow.gif

My problem in GTA IV is:
1. That from starting off at Roman's 'mansion', the cell phone is always present, with the curser flashing between the two choices on the cell phone screen.
This prevents me running with the Left Shift key and triggering the marker at Roman's garage, for starters.
However, if I go swimming, I am able to toggle the L Shift to swim faster! As soon as I emerge from the water, back it comes on screen.
2. If I try to adjust graphic or audio values in OPTIONS, whenever I touch the value bar of any adjustable parameter, the value scoots down to zero along with a buzzing noise.
If I leave it alone with the default values, I have no trouble. The graphics are good, I can drive all around the island at all speeds, and all seems OK.

I have emailed Take2games for an answer, but it's been 5 days now since I sent it, with no answerfrom them.

Hope someone can help.

Funky.

Note: I have retail version of game and I use Windows Vista Ultimate. PC = Intel E8500, RAM = 4 gb, Graphics = Nvidia 8800.

n050up4u
  • n050up4u

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

If you're using the KB, the fastest way is to tap backspace a few times. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

X2-Eliah
  • X2-Eliah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

Make sure you are not pressing the up arrow or any other directional keys / controller buttons.

Funkycolmadina
  • Funkycolmadina

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for your help but, I do toggle the backspace and am not pressing other keys.

I have spent a few hours on this problem now including the following:
1. Repairing GTA IV.
2. Un-installing GTA IV and then re-installing.
3. Installing GTAIV_Patch.
4. Installing all the latest drivers.

I have also spent a few hours driving around for fun, and I am now ready to move on, and start actually playing the game. sad.gif

I haven't read about my problems anywhere, which makes me wonder whether this is a one off and I am waiting in vain for a fix.

rark
  • rark

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

Hello

I've got the same problem !

In the options, when I want to change the resolution, the cursor go to zero alone !!!
And in-game, the cellphone is always present on the screen, and it's always switching between "Multiplayer" and "Video editor".

But when I unplug my gamepad, the problem disappear ! But I've always got the problem with the camera which turns around Nick sad.gif

(Sorry for this English, I'm French).

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

Right Click your mouse to put away the cell phone.

Funkycolmadina
  • Funkycolmadina

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:26 AM

I have R clicked, L clicked, middle clicked and all the other things suggested to my hearts content, but alas, the cell phone will not go away.
I basically have a cordless Logitech K/B and Mouse (LX710), so I don't have any additional periferals to contend with.
It was nice to know that I wasn't alone with that persistant cell phone (thanks rark), but I don't have anything to disconnect for a fix sad.gif

I wonder if Rockstar know about this sort of problem.
I thought they monitored these forums to suggest useful solutions.
If I am paddling up sh*t creek with this one, it would be nice to know, and I may be able to replace the game itself, as it may be faulty.

In the mean time, Have a very merry Christmas, and thanks for your suggestions and comments.

Funky

TheDarkPal
  • TheDarkPal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:20 AM

Same here... but only after installing the update for the Windows Live... I'm using the Xbox 360 wired controller... (The only thing I can do with the gamepad is navigate trough the Windows Live Interface) ... if I find any solution will post it here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=387099

Stormrose
  • Stormrose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:39 AM Edited by Stormrose, 29 December 2008 - 10:41 AM.

First time to say something! biggrin.gif

I had the same problem this morning, that's y I am here, but I have it FIXED just now.

The solution's pretty simple:

1. Download the following files from any DLL files website, you name it.
xinput1_1.dll; xinput1_2.dll; xinput1_3.dll; XInput9_1_0.dll

2. Replace those files in C:\Windows\System32

Technically, it will be fine after you do 1 and 2.

3. Delete if you see xbox360cemu.ini in C:\Windows\

P.S. I tried to use joystick for the game, but it's not XBOX or PS2 ones, so I added a "plug-in". The plug-in files contains 5 files needed to be replaced or added, in which 4 of them showed above and the otherone is xbox360cemu.ini.

Funkycolmadina
  • Funkycolmadina

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

Stop press...
I have un-installed a gaming keyboard software program (Nostromo N52TE), I have never used by the way, and magically the game now plays perfectly.
It's a bit embarrassing as it was the solution for a lot of other game problems, but I guess I just forgot this program was there.
Everything appears to be functioning good.
Thanks for your help and interest, and may your own problems be overcome soon.

Cheers,

Col

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users