Photo

[XliveWrapper]GTA IV Play any SaveGame

75 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

Remove the save folder from there. Put in the xlive.dll file in your GTA IV folder, start a new game, save it, exit and now check if a savegames folder has been created at the location I mentioned above. If yes, move the saves to that folder.

EL-Duderino
  • EL-Duderino

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:16 PM Edited by EL-Duderino, 07 September 2009 - 04:26 PM.

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 7 2009, 12:51)
Remove the save folder from there. Put in the xlive.dll file in your GTA IV folder, start a new game, save it, exit and now check if a savegames folder has been created at the location I mentioned above. If yes, move the saves to that folder.

didnt work. All it says now is GTA IV hass stopped working when I try to run the game. I am using 0.97b xliveless so it should be working as it was made to work with version 1.0.4.0

This is annoying. Why couldn't they make it the same as all the previous GTA games.

Should I try an earlier version of xliveless?

EDIT - I purchased GTA 4 through steam if that matters at all.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

The latest version of Xliveless has worked for almost everyone; not sure why your game crashes. Is this a clean installation of the game? No mods? Do your own older savefiles work without Xliveless?

EL-Duderino
  • EL-Duderino

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 7 2009, 17:03)
The latest version of Xliveless has worked for almost everyone; not sure why your game crashes. Is this a clean installation of the game? No mods? Do your own older savefiles work without Xliveless?

I only bought the game 3 days ago of steam. No mods or anything. My saves work normally with the old version of xliveless but the new version just keeps making the gta IV stopped working error pop up. It is wierd that it lets me load my own save but gets the load failed error for other saves even when they show up on the save list.

I may as well complete the game then. Already beat it on the 360 4 times and couldnt be arsed running through it again yet but it looks like I will have to.

Thanks for the help anyway.

xvampire
  • xvampire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

I got one question here. How do I check which version of gta do I have?
cause I've tried everything and once xlive.dll is copied game won't start or either it'll start a new game and I don't have any of my saves in folder..I'd really like to put in 100% game, but it doesn't work sad.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (xvampire @ Sep 26 2009, 16:18)
I got one question here. How do I check which version of gta do I have?
cause I've tried everything and once xlive.dll is copied game won't start or either it'll start a new game and I don't have any of my saves in folder..I'd really like to put in 100% game, but it doesn't work sad.gif

Go to your GTA IV folder > Right-click on GTAIV.exe > Properties > Details > Product Version.

Are you trying Rick's Xlive wrapper posted in this very topic? If so, then I have observed it does not work for everyone.

I suggest you try Xliveless. However, note that Xliveless changes the location of the savegames folder. You have to copy the saves to the new location.
(for Windows Vista) %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
(for Windows XP) %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
Copy all saves to this location.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

it's not working. it makes it so i don't have to go through live sign in but all of my settings are gone and i have to start from scratch, but i thought this file was supposed to make it so you didn't have to. is there a new location i have to put all my save files and settings?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

Once again, are you using Rick's Xlive Wrapper or Xliveless by listener? Rick's wrapper might not work for everyone; that's what I've been saying since the last few posts. If you're using the latest Xliveless, make sure that you put the "xlive.dll" file in your GTA IV folder and copy all your saves to the new location. Read the readme file provided with the Xliveless download for more details.

Perhaps, it would be better to lock this topic. It's causing unnecessary confusion.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 27 2009, 19:00)
Once again, are you using Rick's Xlive Wrapper or Xliveless by listener? Rick's wrapper might not work for everyone; that's what I've been saying since the last few posts. If you're using the latest Xliveless, make sure that you put the "xlive.dll" file in your GTA IV folder and copy all your saves to the new location. Read the readme file provided with the Xliveless download for more details.

Perhaps, it would be better to lock this topic. It's causing unnecessary confusion.

oh i see. i guess this one doesn't work for me, but i have also tried xliveless but i get the same problem. i get no location to the savegames folder that goes: user/documents/rockstar game/gtaiv/savegames
but i do get one that goes: c: documents and settings/user/local settings/application data/rockstar games/gta iv/savedata

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Put in Xliveless, start a new game, save it, exit, copy your old savefiles to the new savegames location and start the game again. Does this work?

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 27 2009, 19:00)

Youre probably right, should be a topic for current version.
And links to the new stuff.
I crapped out all my latest saves a couple days ago.
never could find what I needed.
so now i'm re-killing vlad.

kids
  • kids

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:12 PM Edited by kids, 19 December 2009 - 12:22 PM.

erm can you please make this mode work for patch 4?cause i really wanna play some ASI mod with full story complete
if you make it we would very grateful to you
EDIT:does this work for patch 4? please reply please!

stelfina
  • stelfina

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

Does this work with the original GTA IV without making you game corrupted. Recently i re-installed my computer so i lost a 90.33% progress. I don't care about the missions because i have passed them a dosen times but now i want to do the stunt jupms and kill the pigeons but in orter to do this all the islands must be unlocked. Is this files are going to f*ck up my original game?
P.S. I used them when i played a cracked version and it worked pefectrly smile.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

Xliveless

And no, it won't f*ck up anything. It's pretty safe to use.

Zarbonito
  • Zarbonito

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Sunday, Dec 21 2008, 19:21)
QUOTE (topeira @ Dec 22 2008, 00:31)
i want to undo the changes so i can play multiplayer again. how do i do this?!

I only copied the xlive.dll file into my GTA IV directory without running CopyXLiveResouces.exe. If you have done the same too, delete xlive.dll and xlive_wrapper.txt from your GTA IV directory.

what if i used the copy thingy? i cant get gta to load... i open GTAIV.exe, click play (online/offline), the window will close but nothing will happen or help... i even tried to update gfwlive... (i bought the game on steam if this helps you) PLEASE HELP ME!!! cryani.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Copying xlive.dll will curtail online play. You won't be able to play Multiplayer anymore.

As for the issue, did you try installing the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0
http://www.games.sof...-IV-Patch.shtml

Try running the game in compatability mode as well as administrator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users