Photo

Disabling weapon auto-pickup

3 replies to this topic
lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:32 PM

How can I disable the autopickup function, to force Niko to press E to pickup new weapons.
As it is now I know you don't pick them up if you're already aiming a weapon, but otherwise you just pick stuff up.

I usually want to limit my weapon selection to a few select ones, to avoid clutter and such, and it's an issue when Niko picks up everything he steps on.

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

i dont think autopickup can be disabled at this point.

it sounds to me as if youd like a weapon arsenal system similar to the one used in farcry2, where you have 5 slots:

1 for pistols and other small stuff
2 for smgs, rifles and snipers..
3 for heavy machine guns, rocket launcher, mortar, flamethrower, etc
4 grenade/molotov
5 machete

i think you could reduce weapon groups like this by changing each weapons data slot in the weaponinfo.xml

for example use <data slot="HANDGUN" for both pistols AND both smg's or however you would want to divide groups, that way youd always have to change weapons by using "e" and be more limited in how many weapons you can carry.

one thing you need to consider is the drive bys though, because i dont think shotguns work for that so you shouldnt put them in the smg or handgun group.
same for the nades and molotov, they need their seperate category cause theyre also used in cars..

lessthan3
  • lessthan3

Intensity In Ten Cities

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

that could work, I put all the weapons I don't like in a category of weapons I'll always have, such as handguns, and they won't be picked up. Thanks ^^

solecist
  • solecist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

yeah, that's what i was going to do. a handgun and a primary weapon, that's all i want. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users