Photo

Perigino mission - getting into helicopter

10 replies to this topic
fiik
  • fiik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:10 AM

Having trouble getting into helicopter after biking off ramp and hanging off Jacobs helicopter skids. Keeps telling me to press the'end' key (my key mapping) repeatedly but nothing friggin happens and I end up falling. I've tried tapping slowly, like a bloody maniac, holding key for a few secs between taps, swearing at keyboard and kicking the cat - but still friggin Niko won't get into chopper and he falls. I've attempted this mission about 8 times now and it is really wearing thin. devil.gif

Is this some glitch like that stupid bowling bug or such?

Rishimet
  • Rishimet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (fiik @ Dec 21 2008, 05:10)
Having trouble getting into helicopter after biking off ramp and hanging off Jacobs helicopter skids. Keeps telling me to press the'end' key (my key mapping) repeatedly but nothing friggin happens and I end up falling. I've tried tapping slowly, like a bloody maniac, holding key for a few secs between taps, swearing at keyboard and kicking the cat - but still friggin Niko won't get into chopper and he falls. I've  attempted this mission about 8 times now and it is really wearing thin. devil.gif

just repeatedly keep hitting ur mapped key ( mine was space), niko doesn't go up immediately, its only after sometime of ur repeated hitting of the key, he goes up, in brief, jus keep hitting like a maniac untill he climbs the helicopter, even i was frustrated but i climbed it the first time itself

RuWarlord
  • RuWarlord

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (fiik @ Dec 21 2008, 05:10)
Having trouble getting into helicopter after biking off ramp and hanging off Jacobs helicopter skids. Keeps telling me to press the'end' key (my key mapping) repeatedly but nothing friggin happens and I end up falling. I've tried tapping slowly, like a bloody maniac, holding key for a few secs between taps, swearing at keyboard and kicking the cat - but still friggin Niko won't get into chopper and he falls. I've attempted this mission about 8 times now and it is really wearing thin. devil.gif

Passed it on 2nd try .... no problems getting into the chopper.

I find it bizzare that some poeple have this issue while most dont .... its crazy how sensetive this game is to each configuration.

dnottis
  • dnottis

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

6 times now. Cannot get into the chopper. WTF R*?!!?!

fiik
  • fiik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

I'll try as suggested and hit my 'END' key like a maniac till my finger bleeds. smile.gif

dnottis
  • dnottis

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

I tried with my 360 controller and using space on the keyboard - neither worked. The view would just quickly start changing and I'd fall. Seems like this is a show stopper. I cannot complete the game now, what a load of crap this was ana issue on the 360 that carried over to the PC, didn't beta testers even test the end of the game?????

Cyc2u
  • Cyc2u

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:52 PM Edited by Cyc2u, 21 December 2008 - 02:56 PM.

I was having the same trouble as both people here mentioned. I would spam my jump button but he wouldnt move up into the chopper and fall. Then id try hitting it and my view would rapidly change to the side each time i hit it.
This part of the mission is pure horror on the PC.

I dont know how, but the side view thing went away. A mystery to me. I think you need to hold down your walk forward key as you spam jump to keep the side view from happening but im not positive as i was getting ticked off and didnt want to test it.

Then i noticed you spam the button and even though nothing happens, dont give up. He will eventually start to climb in.... slowwwwwly.
However not always.
It was the same thing in the other end mission if you pick deal.
Sometimes you make it to the bottom of the chopper in the boat and other times you go just as fast or faster, and the chopper flies away. When you DO make it onboard the chopper, its hello skyscraper 2 feet in front of me... *smash* "you lost Dimitri". angry.gif

All i can say is keep trying and spam that jump button until your finger falls off, even when it looks like he isnt going to climb in.
Its ridiculous how fast you need to spam it. Its almost faster than humanly possible.

In the words of Marlon Brando, "The horror... the horror... the horror.... the horror......"

Worst end mission ever. icon13.gif

dnottis
  • dnottis

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

Ive done the same thing as you guys.. fast, slow, blurringly fast... I've tried about 10 times now. Im so pissed I dont even care. Watched the ending on Youtube last night. Retarded. First bug I had in the game so far and it wont even let me finish it angry.gif

Skroting
  • Skroting

Rocket surgeon

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

I struggled with the same thing. To spare time all in all, I loaded my save, got ammo and armour and then saved again in the safe house closest to the mission start (remember to ignore the call from LJ until you save). On my first attemt after this save, I had no problems getting into the chopper. Might be worth a try.

fiik
  • fiik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Skroting @ Dec 21 2008, 17:00)
I struggled with the same thing. To spare time all in all, I loaded my save, got ammo and armour and then saved again in the safe house closest to the mission start (remember to ignore the call from LJ until you save). On my first attemt after this save, I had no problems getting into the chopper. Might be worth a try.

That seemed to do the trick. icon14.gif

Can't believe that was last mission (roll credits..wtf). Still got assassination missions left to do and hopefully some more that I might've missed. Haven't even flown that armoured police chopper yet (nor found it).

BobLeeSwagger
  • BobLeeSwagger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (dnottis @ Dec 21 2008, 14:55)
Ive done the same thing as you guys.. fast, slow, blurringly fast... I've tried about 10 times now. Im so pissed I dont even care. Watched the ending on Youtube last night. Retarded. First bug I had in the game so far and it wont even let me finish it angry.gif

you do not have enuf 1337 skillz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users