Photo

i need a lil help with my mouse

6 replies to this topic
ArKTisK
  • ArKTisK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

when playing gta 4, for some reason it seems like the dpi for the laser gets cut in half and it makes precise aiming pretty hard and needlessly difficult. is this a widely known problem with an easy fix by any chance?

creat3d22
  • creat3d22

Habs fan, for about 2 weeks every year...

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

I assume you already tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity in the options?
Have you installed the patch? Not sure if it would fix your issue but it did address some problems with certain mice in bowling games...

ArKTisK
  • ArKTisK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

of course, but its hard to explain unless your particular about your mouse. the easiest way i can explain it is that normally when you barely move a mouse in a shooter such as this, the minute movements are mimicked directly to your input. when i play it, even on the highest mouse sensitivity,when you move the mouse even just a little bit it wont move right off, it takes you a little bit of distance before it reflects on the screen and then just jumps to the next little chunk of aiming precision. not the best way of describing this but bear with me, im quite high sad.gif

so yeah, any help would be fantastic as this makes using the sniper rifle damn near impossible

creat3d22
  • creat3d22

Habs fan, for about 2 weeks every year...

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

I know what you mean, it does the same thing for me.
Not sure if that's the case for everyone though, as I use my Wacom tablet's mouse...

confused.gif

ArKTisK
  • ArKTisK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:40 PM

well im glad to know im not crazy then lol. ive been a hardcore fps fan for 15 years now and this game really needs this addressed. it has to be a simple fix somehow

Julias Caesar
  • Julias Caesar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Bump.
Same here.
Razer DeathAdder. All settings checked out.. no way to get it fine

qwertz123
  • qwertz123

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

the aim sensitivity under controller options (default medium) has some influances. i left it on default. the mouse sensitivity is set to "3" (three notches) with a 2000 dpi mouse and aiming isn't that difficult, unless you have the aimhelp set off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users