Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Alucard155 @ Dec 19 2008, 09:37)
there *were* hardly any words spelled correctly.. dozingoff.gif

Hah, got me there. I should've seen this coming a mile away thought, pointing out any errors in someone else's post automatically makes everyone read your posts extra carefully to find any and all grammatical/spelling errors.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (mortal_soldier @ Dec 19 2008, 11:44)

Hah, got me there. I should've seen this coming a mile away thought, pointing out any errors in someone else's post automatically makes everyone read your posts extra carefully to find any and all grammatical/spelling errors.

Your post in comparison with the original one is grammatically so much superior that any sort of error could/should have been ignored. biggrin.gif

Alucard155
  • Alucard155

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (mortal_soldier @ Dec 19 2008, 09:44)

Hmm, it *was* pretty obvious.. dozingoff.gif

Anyway, you started it so stay ontopic ffs.. sigh.gif

CameO73
  • CameO73

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

It's not a resolution specific problem. I see the same thing on 1680x1050 (independent of view/detail distance setting). I wish I had never read this thread ... now it's pretty hard not to notice it. mad.gif

Alucard155
  • Alucard155

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (CameO73 @ Dec 19 2008, 10:08)
It's not a resolution specific problem. I see the same thing on 1680x1050 (independent of view/detail distance setting). I wish I had never read this thread ... now it's pretty hard not to notice it. mad.gif

I know, pretty weird that you can't stop noticing it after reading this.. Yet I never saw or was bothered by it before... confused.gif

Thx for confirming it isn't res related!

Rekalty
  • Rekalty

Friend of the Night

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:26 AM

Thank Rockstar for not adding more than 4-5 options to gfx, as they said, it would simply confuse us!

Whats wrong with a few ghost-cars anyways...

Off-topic, ive also noticed, than even though the snipers do less damage than ei M4/AK47, snipers still ignite cars ALOT faster than rifles??? confused.gif 20 sniper shots and a car goes boom... but takes like 3-5 clips of assualt ammo...

Alucard155
  • Alucard155

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:30 AM Edited by Alucard155, 19 December 2008 - 10:33 AM.

QUOTE (Delacroix @ Dec 19 2008, 10:26)
Thank Rockstar for not adding more than 4-5 options to gfx, as they said, it would simply confuse us!

Off-topic, ive also noticed, than even though the snipers do less damage than ei M4/AK47, snipers still ignite cars ALOT faster than rifles??? confused.gif 20 sniper shots and a car goes boom... but takes like 3-5 clips of assualt ammo...

Those bullets coming from a sniper rifle goe way faster and have a huge amount of stopping power, that sh*t will go straight trough an engine block tbh... confused.gif M4 and AK can't smile.gif

Edit: and I think it looks more like a AR15 then a M4 but I'm not sure bout that..

johnlee
  • johnlee

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (Alucard155 @ Dec 19 2008, 10:30)

Those bullets coming from a sniper rifle goe way faster and have a huge amount of stopping power, that sh*t will go straight trough an engine block tbh... confused.gif M4 and AK can't smile.gif

I wonder if we can make a depleted uranium shotgun ammo like in Terminator

Alucard155
  • Alucard155

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (johnlee @ Dec 19 2008, 10:32)

Witch Terminator was that m8? tounge.gif

You mean that killer bitch? biggrin.gif

Rekalty
  • Rekalty

Friend of the Night

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:59 AM

Checked the WeaponInfo.xml, sniper & rifle shots are the same, regarding physics, same speed and stopping power (force) snipers just have slightly more force, 100 vs 75, wouldnt explain why it takes 4-5 times more assult ammo, tried modding Assault rifles with same stats as snipers, and still, sniper + car = boom in no time.

Aaaanyways, Ghost Cars were the topic!

Alucard155
  • Alucard155

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Delacroix @ Dec 19 2008, 10:59)
Checked the WeaponInfo.xml, sniper & rifle shots are the same, regarding physics, same speed and stopping power (force) snipers just have slightly more force, 100 vs 75, wouldnt explain why it takes 4-5 times more assult ammo, tried modding Assault rifles with same stats as snipers, and still, sniper + car = boom in no time.

Aaaanyways, Ghost Cars were the topic!

I'm talking about IRL bro tounge.gif I don't know if it will take 4 clips to blow up a car with an AK but.. it won't take as long when you penatrate the engine block with your sniper rifle smile.gif

and ok, back on topic!! biggrin.gif

knorked
  • knorked

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

I noticed this the other, i just imagined there were ducking for cover just to i don't jack there car smile.gif

JORDAN_BENNETT
  • JORDAN_BENNETT

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:23 AM Edited by JORDAN_BENNETT, 19 December 2008 - 11:31 AM.

QUOTE (mortal_soldier @ Dec 19 2008, 09:23)
QUOTE (JORDAN_BENNETT @ Dec 19 2008, 07:32)
Hey Johnlee, my problem still hes not been solved, so here is post agen...

And what a funny post it was. Good read.

Are you by any chance dyslexic? Because there was hardly any words spelled correctly in your post.

@mortal soldier

Let me query on one issue. Have you ever heard of the Caribbean Examination Council, and as such, the subsequent examinations which they offer to respective Caribbean countries?

Well if not let me engender in your being, exactly what it is.

Such an exam constitutes contents of knowledge, based on either technical or general subjects, and think of it as SAT's educational level, however 10 times more challenging.

As such there is a May/June exam each year, and the results of such determine what you will be in the future.

In those exams, two out of approximately 500 people at the St. Georges College High School received the coveted award for most distinctions in their respective subjects, that is, the 2 were awarded because in sitting the recent CXC's, they both received 6 distinctions and 2 credits each, the most in the school.

I am one of those esteemed individuals, and have a bestial aptitude for profoundly assimilating multifarious parallels, and here go could not be deemed "dyslexic" .

I am in no way excoriating dyslexic individuals, but rather evoking in you the disparity existing between your comment and how I actually exist.

I merely misspelled such words, as a means of trying to emulate Niko's mood and tone of voice.

Peruse my "dyslexic" passage again, however this time try and carry out such a task, in Niko's shoes.

Wow flaming is an arduous task!!!!!

Hey Johnlee, my problem still hes not been solved, so here is post agen...

Messenger: JORDAN_BENNETT
To: Johnlee

Misson 1 "Crazi man in taxi"

So Johnlee rite, I half sumthing to tell u. And if you don't ansor me, I tink I'm going to half 2 kiell u ok.

Anyway, I get up in de morning rite, my initial aim is to just begin to senselessly kill people, because I half already done all my missions and I'm veiry veiry bored.

So to begin with, I steal..I mean "burrow" an infernus ,(because it has dait faincy GPS system) and push euphorias's engine to the limit by seeiking just how realistickelly PEDs would fall to de ground wen I hit into their "rag dollish" bodies.

Yeis, so there I waus, senselessly kielling people as usual.

Everithing waus going well, until I saw a nice gurl pasing by on de sidewalk.

So I approached her, and she wuas imediately interested in me (i'm wondering still if this had anithing to do with infernus)
so as "my" infernus perched their being lit by that procedural sky, we talked for a little.

So, afteir talking for a while, she told me to follow her to her apartment.

I told heir to jump in my car, so she did dat.

So now, we're driving to apartment, and everithing is smooth an mealow......until this stupid crazi man in taxi smashes taxi into "my" car claiming that I was kielling all his customers (which I think wuz big mistake, as I onli killed cops dat month) and rite wen dis happinned, my gurl went flying rite thru the windshield of "my" once untouched infernus.

.......She.....she wuz ded!!!!!

Now, I wuz in strong persuit of this taxi driver......but by the time i was finished mourning and turned infernus towards taxi, taxi driver had already gone 25 ft beyond "my" infernus.....

Kan you explain this phenomenon 2 me?

Becuz although I was reading on these forums dat things only exist only 20 ft beyond me, I cant believe it!!!!!!

N'd also Johnlee, Carl Johnson from Los Santos, and Verceti from Vice City complained to me about similar problems.

You rarely hear me say this, but please Johnlee.....tell me this isn't true, wat is dis stuff about 20 ft?

JBFord4x4
  • JBFord4x4

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

Damn this guy is a bitch. Can we just ban him for that?

He never answered my question about the construction crews either.

Rekalty
  • Rekalty

Friend of the Night

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:32 AM Edited by Delacroix, 19 December 2008 - 11:36 AM.

What the heck was the JORDAN_BENNETT post all about?

Other than the fact

That he doesnt like

his lines of words

touching

each other?...

JORDAN_BENNETT
  • JORDAN_BENNETT

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:35 AM

Blah

johnlee
  • johnlee

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

so are they ever going to fix this? anyone call up R* and ask them why this problem exists and didn't get ironed out during the beta testing or even the first patch? WHAT HAPPENED?

Spaceman Spliff
  • Spaceman Spliff

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Alucard155 @ Dec 19 2008, 07:05)
QUOTE (johnlee @ Dec 19 2008, 06:51)
QUOTE (RonFTL @ Dec 19 2008, 05:47)
The dissapointments never stop coming.

If you shoot the "invisible" people do they die? Or is it like they are not even there?

(I would try it but I dont think I have a sniper on me. +its choppy)

They are never even there... I was using a modified sniper that shoots VERY rapidly and VERY accurate and shot like 4 dozen bullets at the driver side windshield of a moving car 3 stories below and it just kept on moving and turned the corner like my bullets didn't exists... So I think unless and until the driver "materialize" there is noone to kill, and the car goes drives on like nothing happens (the driver is just a "model" and doesn't "drive" the car, the car drives itself, the driver is there for looks...once he gets "killed" the car stops, but he can't get killed if he never exists in the first place, make sense?)

BTW my native res is 1280*1024 and I have tried every res BELOW that and no effect... Don't know about higher but I DOUBT it is a resolution issue either...

Btw, on console you can shoot the police helicopters pilot, then chopper goes down... Now you can't because chopper pilot isn't there... Very irritating... confused.gif

Are you saying that in the PC version of GTA 4 you CANNOT kill police helicopter pilots but you CAN in the console version?

OMG, WTF. suicidal.gif

Oxytoe
  • Oxytoe

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

yes i also experience this weird problem

ArecBalrin
  • ArecBalrin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Alucard155 @ Dec 19 2008, 10:37)
QUOTE (johnlee @ Dec 19 2008, 10:32)

Witch Terminator was that m8? tounge.gif

You mean that killer bitch? biggrin.gif

In an episode of the current series of The Sarah Conner Chronicles, the semi-regular enemy terminator they named Chromatie was finally killed; by ordinary guns. Fanboydom are theorising that the shotgun used by nice sexy terminator Cameron must have had some modified anti-armour rounds.

The rest of us are just waiting for some hot robot-on-human action. The closest we've come is a T-1001(like T-1000 but female, ginger and Scottish, so no wonder it's superior) french-kissing a fat guy to death.

Psycold
  • Psycold

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:50 PM

it doesn't seem like the game can keep up with it's own features, if you are going to have those features, then they damn well should work. If you can pull up your rifle and see pedestrians in cars from lets say 50 meters away, then the pedestrians should be visable, if you can drive a car at very high speeds or fly a helicopter, then textures should load accordingly

iamnotyou
  • iamnotyou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

To get the topic back on track... I do not get the problem with police in helis. I shoot those guys out and make it crash all the time... one of my favorite things to do. But I DO have the peds in cars problem.

SentOneBoston had said he could do this at one point in time before the patch, I would like to know more about his system and settings... unless he was just talking out of his ass.

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (iamnotyou @ Dec 19 2008, 12:35)
I do not get the problem with police in helis. I shoot those guys out and make it crash all the time... one of my favorite things to do.

Same. Gotta love the false information on this board.

It also sucks I had read this topic. I don't really go on sniper missions, but if I wanted to, I couldn't.

creat3d22
  • creat3d22

Habs fan, for about 2 weeks every year...

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (johnlee @ Dec 19 2008, 05:32)

... or like in Iraq? confused.gif

About the sniper's force... I edited my weapons file so that all the weapons have much higher physics force to them. Nothing major, you won't see cars or peds flying across the map, but more realistic than default.
Also upped the maximum allowed ammo for each, grenades have much bigger shock wave than default too.

You can also edit explosionfx.dat in the Effects folder to alter the force and damage of all explosions. Now when a car blows up, you (and everything around it) are lifted off your feet... instead of standing 2-3 meters away and not feeling a thing dontgetit.gif

I can upload both if anyone wants 'em...

Alucard155
  • Alucard155

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (livilaNic @ Dec 19 2008, 18:55)
I do not get the problem with police in helis.  I shoot those guys out and make it crash all the time... one of my favorite things to do. 

It also sucks I had read this topic. I don't really go on sniper missions, but if I wanted to, I couldn't.

Sorry bout that false info bro, I just figured.. But guess I figured wrong confused.gif

Anyway, still f*cked up this problem, so Rockstar: FIX IT!!! icon13.gif

johnlee
  • johnlee

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Alucard155 @ Dec 19 2008, 19:48)
QUOTE (livilaNic @ Dec 19 2008, 18:55)
I do not get the problem with police in helis.  I shoot those guys out and make it crash all the time... one of my favorite things to do. 

Sorry bout that false info bro, I just figured.. But guess I figured wrong confused.gif

Anyway, still f*cked up this problem, so Rockstar: FIX IT!!! icon13.gif

So is anyone working on to get this issue fixed????

pimpinpenguin?
  • pimpinpenguin?

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (creat3d22 @ Dec 19 2008, 19:01)
QUOTE (johnlee @ Dec 19 2008, 05:32)

... or like in Iraq? confused.gif

About the sniper's force... I edited my weapons file so that all the weapons have much higher physics force to them. Nothing major, you won't see cars or peds flying across the map, but more realistic than default.
Also upped the maximum allowed ammo for each, grenades have much bigger shock wave than default too.

You can also edit explosionfx.dat in the Effects folder to alter the force and damage of all explosions. Now when a car blows up, you (and everything around it) are lifted off your feet... instead of standing 2-3 meters away and not feeling a thing dontgetit.gif

I can upload both if anyone wants 'em...

Please can you upload it. I've wanted something like this, kinda realistic, instead of the over the top versions that are out.
Somehow i doubt Rockstar are going to fix this. This was an obvious attempt to try and save on performance the cheap way, limiting the game instead of optimizing the code, which has backfired. How they thought we would not notice is beyond me.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

Working? What work would we do? If you can't change it in the external files, then R* needs to increase the ped-in-car draw distance in the exe.

iamnotyou
  • iamnotyou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

Time to start contacting support so its not just a "1%" problem thing wink.gif

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Alucard155 @ Dec 19 2008, 13:48)

No worries. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users