» «
Photo

CRC Error: when installing the game

7 replies to this topic
bios4x
  • bios4x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:25 PM Edited by bios4x, 18 December 2008 - 01:28 PM.

I'm getting a CRC error when installing the game.
The file manhat01.img is unreadable from the disk, and i think it's causing me trouble.
I would really appreciate it if someone will upload it to file sharing site like mediafire.com (or any other).

Location of file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data\maps\manhat

note: Installed fine when I first got the game but I had to un-install the game b;se the new patch gave me the spin/lock issue. I have tried to install the game twice but I keep getting the same crc error.

GTA Version: Retail
RAM: 4GB
VG: Sapphire ATI 4870

ThunderKnight
  • ThunderKnight

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Copy to Hard Disk.

bios4x
  • bios4x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (ThunderKnight @ Dec 18 2008, 13:28)
Copy to Hard Disk.

I did check on the forum and someone had a similar problem and someone suggested he should try to copy the game to hard disk. I have tried this by using DAEMON Tools but i still get the same error.

What's really strange it installed fine when i first installed it.

ThunderKnight
  • ThunderKnight

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (bios4x @ Dec 18 2008, 13:32)
QUOTE (ThunderKnight @ Dec 18 2008, 13:28)
Copy to Hard Disk.

I did check on the forum and someone had a similar problem and someone suggested he should try to copy the game to hard disk. I have tried this by using DAEMON Tools but i still get the same error.

What's really strange it installed fine when i first installed it.

Why are you using Daemon tools?.

If copying does not work you may have to replace the copy.

Stickymaddness
  • Stickymaddness

For the love of god, when will the whining end?!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

Your disc is probably defective

FredFredrickson
  • FredFredrickson

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

There can be a few causes. CRC error typically does not indicate a bad disc. What a CRC error means is simply reading the same sector and checking what was read (parity) do not match. This can be caused by a faulty cd/dvd rom, or more likely securerom is causing issues.

Make sure the CRC error is in reference to the disc, and not your hard drive. CRC errors on your HDD indicate failing hdd.

jonainpdx
  • jonainpdx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:01 AM

happy.gif I found the fix for the CRC Error.

I did two things that may have fixed it. Which one I'm not exactly sure.

1. A thorough uninstall. I uninstalled through the control panel as normal. Next I deleted the Rockstar folder in Program files, then I went to Regedit and deleted Rockstar from the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then Software then Rockstar. Delet Rockstar.

2. Also (And the more likely cause) I have a program called Nero, which moniters CD/DVD Drive performance, I uninstalled all componants of that program.

Leading up to all of that I started off by doing a windows preboot disk error check, defraged my hard drive, and updated my DVD ROM's Firmware.

Also I can tell you pressing the Ignore option when installing the game will lead to a less than pleasing game experience. tounge.gif wow.gif biggrin.gif inlove.gif

bios4x
  • bios4x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:17 PM Edited by bios4x, 24 December 2008 - 01:38 PM.

QUOTE (jonainpdx @ Dec 22 2008, 01:01)
happy.gif I found the fix for the CRC Error.

I did two things that may have fixed it. Which one I'm not exactly sure.

1. A thorough uninstall. I uninstalled through the control panel as normal. Next I deleted the Rockstar folder in Program files, then I went to Regedit and deleted Rockstar from the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then Software then Rockstar. Delet Rockstar.

2. Also (And the more likely cause) I have a program called Nero, which moniters CD/DVD Drive performance, I uninstalled all componants of that program.

Leading up to all of that I started off by doing a windows preboot disk error check, defraged my hard drive, and updated my DVD ROM's Firmware.

Also I can tell you pressing the Ignore option when installing the game will lead to a less than pleasing game experience.  tounge.gif   wow.gif   biggrin.gif   inlove.gif

- It seems I had a faulty disk, which i returned back to the store & got a replacement. It installs fine now smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users