» «
Photo

[RELEASE] GTAIV Handling Editor

50 replies to this topic
CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:24 AM Edited by CoMPMStR, 28 December 2008 - 09:45 PM.

user posted image

This is a program to simplify the ability of modding the vehicles in GTAIV. Everything is fairly self explanatory. The 'Exclude Comments' box only applies when saving the handling file. If ticked, it will remove all comments from the handling file, saving about 10kb of disk space. Whoopie! confused.gif

Each tab in the program is dedicated to a particular set of handling attributes you are able to edit in the file. The tab that may need some explaining is the Import/Export tab. This feature allows you to backup, transfer, or distribute your vehicles' handling and extended data.

- The 'Import' and 'Export' buttons allow you to import/export the current vehicle's handling data.
- The 'Batch Import' and 'Batch Export' buttons allow you to import/export multiple vehicles' data from/to a *.bvd file.
- The 'Extended Import' and 'Extended Export' buttons allow you to import/export the current vehicle's extended data.
- The 'Batch' buttons next to the 'Extended Import' and 'Extended Export' buttons allow you to import/export multiple vehicles' extended data from/to a *.evd file.

When importing vehicle data, you are given the option to replace any vehicle in the import file. This doesn't affect the actual file. If you are importing standard handling data (mass, damage, etc) you can replace any vehicle with any other, but if you are importing extended vehicle data, you are only allowed to replace vehicles with another of its type.

The Misc tab contains a few different editors available for use:

- First is the model/handling flags editor. This is a GUI which allows you to select which flags you want enabled for the selected vehicle. It automatically calculates the flag value, all you have to do is pick which flags to enabled or disable.

- Second is the extended data editor for bikes, boats, and planes. This is vehicle specific data so the button will only be available for these vehicle classes.

- Third is the animation group editor. It is NOT recommended to change anything in here unless you know exactly what you are editing.

NEW in v1.2: The Misc tab now contains a section to set a certain vehicle property to a value for all vehicles. This will allow you to set all vehicles' Monetary Value to 999999 without doing it 1 by 1. biggrin.gif

NEW in v1.3: The vehicle name for the selected vehicle will be displayed at the top right of the program, to allow for easier detection of vehicles when editing. Also fixed some minor bugs.

NEW in v1.4: As from request, Set All (which is located in the Misc tab) now contains some new features. You are now able to choose which vehicle type (cars, bikes, boats, helis, or all) to set the selected attribute. You can now also choose whether to increase or decrease the attribute from the value, along with setting the attribute equal to the value. Since the handling and model flags are hex values, you can ONLY set those attributes equal to the value.

IMPORTANT: If you attempt to import handling data to the current vehicle, the Vehicle ID must remain unchanged and the handling string must be in the same format as in the handling.dat file.

You will need the Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 installed in order for this program to run at all.
http://www.microsoft...19-81da479ab0d7

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lxnalm

aru
  • aru

*poof*

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

Very nice work! Keep it up!

Oh and welcome to GTAForums smile.gif

evilrex
  • evilrex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

Nice work smile.gif
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

modCJpls
  • modCJpls

The Armageddon is near.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:08 AM Edited by modCJpls, 18 December 2008 - 01:10 AM.

Oh my god. I LOVE YOU i've waited a week for someone to release sometihng like this. Notepad doesn't straighten the columns sad.gif

Mirror: http://rapidshare.co...ling_Editor.zip

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

Awesome tool, but I think there is a problem with decimal numbers. If you check the velocity the tool writes the number without the . (dot). Example Blista velocity is 150.0, but the tool says 1500. I think you should fix it. Btw very nice tool.

user21043
  • user21043

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

Don't work for me ((((((

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (FunGt @ Dec 18 2008, 07:51)
Awesome tool, but I think there is a problem with decimal numbers. If you check the velocity the tool writes the number without the . (dot). Example Blista velocity is 150.0, but the tool says 1500. I think you should fix it. Btw very nice tool.

The .0 on the decimals doesn't matter either way. Now if it was 150.5 and it said 150, then there'd be something to worry about. biggrin.gif I think you made a typo, you said the tool says 1500, I think you meant 150. tounge2.gif

If there's anything you all think would make it better, let me know. I'm open to new suggestions.

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Dec 18 2008, 19:24)

The .0 on the decimals doesn't matter either way. Now if it was 150.5 and it said 150, then there'd be something to worry about. biggrin.gif I think you made a typo, you said the tool says 1500, I think you meant 150. tounge2.gif

If there's anything you all think would make it better, let me know. I'm open to new suggestions.

I didn't write wrong before. The tool says 1500 and it should be 150.
Screen

user21043
  • user21043

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

user posted image
WHY ????

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:06 PM Edited by CoMPMStR, 18 December 2008 - 08:11 PM.

QUOTE (FunGt @ Dec 18 2008, 13:22)

Screen

Are all the vehicles doing that? What does that line in the handling.dat file look like? I don't understand why it's doing that because I convert all the text decimal numbers to floats (singles since its VB) before entering them into the textbox. I do it this way so people can't "accidentally" enter in non-numeric values.

QUOTE (user21043 @ Dec 18 2008, 13:42)
user posted image
WHY ????

The only thing I can think of to get that error is not opening the correct file. When I open the handling.dat file it doesn't give me that error. Is your handling.dat file corrupt?

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

Useful Tool icon14.gif

bbmanonline
  • bbmanonline

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

That's a very powerful and user-friendly tool

If I want to stop my car by "s" faster,
Whichs figures should I need to change?
To increase the breaking force?

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:27 PM Edited by Fabio206, 18 December 2008 - 08:36 PM.

That error could due to "Only read option actived" maybe?

edit: omg all values with .0 has ben multiplied x10
so 150.0 = 1500
mass: 1700.0 = 17000
etc.

same problem of FunGT in all handling lines..

Sry for my bad english biggrin.gif

Vincent77
  • Vincent77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

Same bug here, he dont want to open the file, original or not, i have microsoft .net 3.5, the file is not in Read only

Lexan
  • Lexan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

turn.gif Yes we do have the same error, only on the Russian versions of windows vista - many people sarcasm.gif

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (compmaster)
Are all the vehicles doing that? What does that line in the handling.dat file look like? I don't understand why it's doing that because I convert all the text decimal numbers to floats (singles since its VB) before entering them into the textbox. I do it this way so people can't "accidentally" enter in non-numeric values.
The only thing I can think of to get that error is not opening the correct file. When I open the handling.dat file it doesn't give me that error. Is your handling.dat file corrupt?

Yes all vehicles. Don't you see it too? Fabio206 detected it too.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:42 PM Edited by CoMPMStR, 18 December 2008 - 08:48 PM.

QUOTE (bbmanonline @ Dec 18 2008 14:26)
That's a very powerful and user-friendly tool

If I want to stop my car by "s" faster,
Whichs figures should I need to change?
To increase the breaking force?

You would need to change break force and maybe modify traction so your vehicle actually stops instead of sliding.

QUOTE (FunGt @ Dec 18 2008 14:41)
QUOTE (compmaster)

Yes all vehicles. Don't you see it too? Fabio206 detected it too.

When I load it, all the values show fine for me, decimals and all. I see 150 and not 1500 so thats why I'm asking questions. I'm running WinXP Pro sp3 x32.

Maybe the loading bug is due to loading the text in ASCII and not Unicode? I will set an option to see if it helps or not.

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:51 PM Edited by Fabio206, 18 December 2008 - 08:54 PM.

I think our .txt is in ANSI and not Unicode, maybe that's the problem..
I've WinXP Pro sp3 x32 too

edit: I tried to open the file in "read only"
the tool open the file but doesnt' save it, showing an error

aru
  • aru

*poof*

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

In some regional settings (usually European), 150.0 would be represented as "150,0" using a comma instead of a period. If you're converting it to a Single, try something like this (I'm assuming thats VB.net you're using):

CODE
Dim nfi As NumberFormatInfo = New CultureInfo("en-US", False).NumberFormat
Dim floatValue as Single = Single.Parse(valueFromFile, nfi)

That will force it to use the "." as the decimal character.

A good way to test this would be to go to Control Panel and change your regional settings to something that has "," as the decimal character smile.gif

user21043
  • user21043

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:22 PM Edited by user21043, 18 December 2008 - 09:30 PM.

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Dec 18 2008, 20:06)
QUOTE (FunGt @ Dec 18 2008, 13:22)

Screen

QUOTE (user21043 @ Dec 18 2008, 13:42)
user posted image
WHY ????

Please give me you handling.dat my don't work ((
P.S. Sorry for my bad English

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (aru @ Dec 18 2008, 15:13)
In some regional settings (usually European), 150.0 would be represented as "150,0" using a comma instead of a period. If you're converting it to a Single, try something like this (I'm assuming thats VB.net you're using):

CODE

A good way to test this would be to go to Control Panel and change your regional settings to something that has "," as the decimal character smile.gif

I'm glad you brought that up. I wasn't using any NumberFormatInfo object, rather I was just using CSng(value). I'll change it in time.

For now, I've changed it to work with just strings, no more casting values to single and integer. Let's see if they show properly now. I've also added an option to choose Unicode or not. I don't know if this will fix the loading bug. If not, I will change it to Default instead of ASCII or Unicode and see if that helps any. The link up top has been updated.

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Dec 18 2008, 22:24)
QUOTE (aru @ Dec 18 2008, 15:13)

CODE

I'm glad you brought that up. I wasn't using any NumberFormatInfo object, rather I was just using CSng(value). I'll change it in time.

For now, I've changed it to work with just strings, no more casting values to single and integer. Let's see if they show properly now. I've also added an option to choose Unicode or not. I don't know if this will fix the loading bug. If not, I will change it to Default instead of ASCII or Unicode and see if that helps any. The link up top has been updated.

Sh*t, it works when I load the file (it shows .0 values), but when I put 1800.0 in ADMIRAL's mass and save,
the handling.dat shows: ADMIRAL 18000

N.B. The file must be "Read only" off, or the tool doesn't load it

Sorry for my bad english smile.gif

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

Ok, to Fabio and FunGT you should be good to go now. I missed a function that was still using CSng() so I had to fix that. Now it should work for you with no problems.

I changed the handling loading function a bit. It doesn't use any specific text encoding other than Default. I hope this fixes the problem for those of you with the Russian Vista.

I also added a new feature in the Misc tab. It allows you to set a certain vehicle property to a value for all vehicles. This will allow you to set all vehicles' Monetary Value to 999999 without doing it 1 by 1. biggrin.gif

The link has been updated once again.

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Dec 18 2008, 23:08)
Ok, to Fabio and FunGT you should be good to go now. I missed a function that was still using CSng() so I had to fix that. Now it should work for you with no problems.

I changed the handling loading function a bit. It doesn't use any specific text encoding other than Default. I hope this fixes the problem for those of you with the Russian Vista.

I also added a new feature in the Misc tab. It allows you to set a certain vehicle property to a value for all vehicles. This will allow you to set all vehicles' Monetary Value to 999999 without doing it 1 by 1. biggrin.gif

The link has been updated once again.

Great, it works, very nice work cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:56 PM

Now it works perfect. icon14.gif

Mirrored

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

Another mirror:
Download GTA 4 Handling Editor

massive thanks, I'll wait for your news smile.gif

L0uNGeR
  • L0uNGeR

Ya, that's what I said.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:15 AM Edited by L0uNGeR, 19 December 2008 - 12:19 AM.

Nice one, I'm actually working on an editor myself, with the same name, ugh tounge2.gif

0ne
  • 0ne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:24 AM

LOL, I made one too with the same name.

Here is an alternative:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=385566

yeahsine
  • yeahsine

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

Wonderful job.
But can you explain me How can I get a powerful brake without sliding 200m biggrin.gif ?
I tried to modify traction, but 'don't know WHAT to modify smile.gif

Vincent77
  • Vincent77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

Thank you, the new version work for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users