Photo

How do you feel about cheating?

36 replies to this topic
computer g3mer
  • computer g3mer

no need for a custom user title?

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

I am a great fan of gta. The storyline, the gameplay, characters, websites- but when I cheat I feel ike I am not playing the game. Do any of you cheat and not feel bad? I completed gta 4 and vice city stories using cheats, but if I used chetas, does it mean I completed it? Or does it mean I just took the easy way through.

I tried over in SA to do it without cheats and I was successful , but in GTA 4 I didn't do so well (actually getting to mission 17) It is so annoying, I can't help feeling I'm missing out. On some missions I don't use cheats, but on some I do. Ah well, it's not whether you complete it, it's whether you enjoy it.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

Cheating in GTA IV to succeed in missions is lame.
I mean, IV is by far the easiest GTA to date.

And I did cheat on SA, only after the missions tounge.gif

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

When I was younger I always used to cheat on games I had. However nowadays I avoid cheating if I haven't completed the game first. Otherwise if I can't stand waiting to try the cheats out I just make another save and cheat on there. cool.gif

BeL0WaB0Ve
  • BeL0WaB0Ve

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

I've never used a cheat in GTA and I probably never will.

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:40 PM

The only GTAs I beat without cheats are GTA VC, SA and IV. But I have many files on SA which I used cheats and on VC I used cheats for awhile on my first file. I don't find it that bad I mean c'mon it's a video game...

Cronyne
  • Cronyne

^ That's a squirrel, not a cat. >_>

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

I never cheat my way through ANY game.

When I DO cheat, I do not save, and reset the console just to be sure there's no glitched...

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:00 AM

I love cheating.
And, i never feel bad for cheating because of the way i go about things.
Most people will know what i do in terms of the storyline and cheating, but this is what it is:
I have completed the storyline 8 times. 4 with, 4 without cheats.
Currently, i am 2/3 of the way through for the 9th time, and 5th time without cheats.

Also, i have two saves, one with and one without that i always play on.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

I used to, but no longer now.

medion505
  • medion505

"Does a polar bear sh*t in the woods?"

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

I used to require cheats to get through the missions in the GTA games, in SA i needed cheats after Green Goo, in Vice City I needed them to beat the mission where you have to save lance.

After beating LCS, IMO the easiest GTA game i have played I no longer needed them with the only mission giving me trouble being Zero's "Supply Lines" (5 times I have ran out of fuel just metres from the corona on his roof). Cheats don't even make it any more fun for me, I find it easy enough to go on six star rampages without them.

rt3
  • rt3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

Have used cheats, not anymore.

yousurf
  • yousurf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:22 PM

i do it all the time, i simply dont care. its coz i have a diff approach to games, i never play games seriously all i do is mess with the features. for example on pro evolution i make all my teams attributes 99+special abilities and make them tall, then i take another team, make em all short and skinny and giv them 1as their attribute plus no skills. then i see how many goals i can score as the powerful teamVweakteam, and compare it to how many i score (if any) as the weak teamVthe powerful. i dont even give a dam wat teams there are. i cheated all the way thru all of them gtas apart from gta1

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (yousurf @ Dec 18 2008, 19:22)
i do it all the time, i simply dont care. its coz i have a diff approach to games, i never play games seriously all i do is mess with the features. for example on pro evolution i make all my teams attributes 99+special abilities and make them tall, then i take another team, make em all short and skinny and giv them 1as their attribute plus no skills. then i see how many goals i can score as the powerful teamVweakteam, and compare it to how many i score (if any) as the weak teamVthe powerful. i dont even give a dam wat teams there are. i cheated all the way thru all of them gtas apart from gta1

LOL that's what I once used to do. It was funny when you shoot with all power with the weakened players and the commentator states it's a chip over the keeper. Or when you shoot from your own half and the keeper makes it to a corner.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Dec 19 2008, 09:08)
QUOTE (yousurf @ Dec 18 2008, 19:22)

LOL that's what I once used to do. It was funny when you shoot with all power with the weakened players and the commentator states it's a chip over the keeper. Or when you shoot from your own half and the keeper makes it to a corner.

And this is about SA how?
Keep it on-topic, yousurf.

The cheats i used dont particularly make the game easier, i can use some to make it more difficult, or just to add new and fun things to the missions and general gameplay.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

I used to cheat a lot when I mucked about, but I never cheated when completing the game. The game wasn't made to be cheated.

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Stefan. @ Dec 19 2008, 09:38)
I used to cheat a lot when I mucked about, but I never cheated when completing the game. The game wasn't made to be cheated.

Well.. it kinda was. Theres like 35 cheats. catspider.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (OverTheBelow @ Dec 19 2008, 22:55)
QUOTE (Stefan. @ Dec 19 2008, 09:38)

Well.. it kinda was. Theres like 35 cheats. catspider.gif

35? Try 60+.

But, i do agree, it was definitely made to be cheated. After your first run through without cheats, though.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

I eamnt that the storyline was made so that it shouldn't be cheated through.

640509-040147
  • 640509-040147

Coder, Mapper, Re-Texturer, Modeler, Gamer...... LIAR!

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (Stefan. @ Dec 19 2008, 15:40)
I eamnt that the storyline was made so that it shouldn't be cheated through.

eamnt? Typo Stezza! tounge2.gif

When I played it first time, I used 500+ cheats, mostly that bulletproof cheat. When I finished it the next 3 times, I did without cheats, but the third time it was harder, still, for which I don't know the reason. I agree with both !!GC!! and Stezza.

greebo-man
  • greebo-man

Hello

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

Cheats were awesome. If you couldn't cheat, sorry, but SA would be 10% less of a game.

There was just so much enhanced potential for lulz with cheats... cars fly away when you bump 'em? Awesome. All traffic is country vehicles? haha.

The game was already so ludicrous, so fun, that the addition of chats like that could never affect the integrity of the game.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, you tell 'em, greebz.
Cheetz is awesome.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:41 PM

Nah man. I'd only cheat if I'm doing some rampages or f*ckin about with mates or whatever. There's nothing more satisfying than building up skills, money, weaponry and bonus stuff from doing the 'hard work' (playing) the game.

Then again, I'm 23 and that route seems logical to me. When I was 14 I probably would have cheated in a game but not that much and I didn't really play games the way I do now until I was about 18.

$gt. Fletcher
  • $gt. Fletcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

The storyline is easy enough to complete with cheats so I despise the idea of giving yourself an advantage of any kind just to complete a mission faster or easier. Like I said in another thread I did use the Quadbike spawn cheat to get out of a scary place at night but otherwise I don't see a reason using any for the missions which are fairly easy... except for the flying ones (IMO), but no cheats to make those easier to my mind. devil.gif

Cheats are okay though when you have done the story and are trying to do a 100% and want to have some fun between all the work with the horseshoes and stuff.

Niko the Great
  • Niko the Great

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

sanandreas is mean but the cheats its all right to us it if u realy stck on something hard biggrin.gif

gtaloversa6o
  • gtaloversa6o

Im Niko Bellic. Y L0Lz

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

Well i only cheat when i suck at a game badly or i wanna have fun lol but its kewl once u know what to do with cheats alien.gif

Rim
  • Rim

sup

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

San Andreas cheats are cool, but I never use 'em. And I probably won't

snappyfingers
  • snappyfingers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

I played GTA SA like a religion. I mean i am talking about 20+ days (actual days). In that time frame i never once used a cheat/code. In fact i never have used a code within SA. However, i am not agianst them, its just that i never got around to using them or learning them. In fact i think im going to reboot the game in the ps2 and play one time through with cheats. It should be a new experience biggrin.gif

FlyeThemoon
  • FlyeThemoon

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:54 AM

Well yes i cheat tounge.gif of course NOT IN MULTIPLAYER GAMES, its fun tounge.gif for example in GTA San Andreas with cheat for looooong jump on bike or can beat pedatrians with mega punch biggrin.gif here my video biggrin.gif with fun cheat ")

I feel good its fun thats all, in MULTIPLAYER GAMES NEVER CHEATS and i dont want, its stupid and boring, no satisfaction for wining, i rymenber this sictuation.

Game Gunz the duel international
in server 4 with me 5 guys one guys cheats, i vote to kick him, but nobody voteing, then i say
-Me You Sucks Nero, CHEATER
-Cheater, no you sucks
-Me,Why ? i never cheats moran
-look into scoreboard
i see i deaths 69 times, and wining 149
and cheater deaths 0 wow.gif wining 152

And tell me who is big sucker me or cheater, in this game is IMPOSSIBLE to win never died.

jamesisking
  • jamesisking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

I used to use cheats, but after it got to easy i started using FAQ's/Walkthoughs
But I dont consider FAQ's to be cheats so i can sleep easy XD

4l3k54
  • 4l3k54

Horse rider

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

How do i feel about cheating?
Great! There is no better feeling in the game, then knowing your invicible, infinite ammo, and can do what you want.

GtaHitmanStrikesBack
  • GtaHitmanStrikesBack

The Hitman

• Members

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

No point of cheats anymore cos they block trophies and acheivements

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users