[OTHER | IV] GTA IV Real Car Handling RC7 & RC7SC

221 replies to this topic
hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (HitZoor @ Mar 11 2009, 18:14)
So what is the point of changing materials.dat if it only makes cars tip over more easy ? :S

to minimize wheelspin in the super charged version (or keyboard) if you think its to much for you, its an optional file so you dont have to use it. also what version are you using? i know in RC5 there is a tipping issue that RC6 fixes

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

well i noticed that using the material.dat with KB makes the infamous no so scary to drive anymore.

also i found out that most 50cc scooters weight around 81kg and top out at 72 kph. before i moded my handling file i could just from city to city on a faggio

V4mp
  • V4mp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

I adore this mod, just got a couple of questions for the next release.

Could you make a version with a little less dmg (i'm using the non turbo version smile.gif )
Would be easier for the missions!

Also the SUV's and higher vehicles top over too easely still

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:38 AM Edited by hazeyo, 15 March 2009 - 03:33 AM.

QUOTE (V4mp @ Mar 12 2009, 18:05)
I adore this mod, just got a couple of questions for the next release.

Could you make a version with a little less dmg (i'm using the non turbo version smile.gif )
Would be easier for the missions!

Also the SUV's and higher vehicles top over too easely still

just uploaded RC7(waiting for GTAgarage to approve), added anti lock brakes to alot if not all newer model cars and overall better brakes for those without ABS, stiffen up suspension on some of the cars, trucks and SUV's are pretty hard to roll over but they still do if you push them hard enough. . . hope every one enjoys this as much as i do

Edit:i added in traffic spawning for the faggio, bus, and exotic cars also.

HitZoor
  • HitZoor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:58 PM Edited by HitZoor, 17 March 2009 - 03:08 PM.

Nice work on the RC7 version. I like it alot and the tipping issue seems to have been fixed.

Now I have a request to make, could you make it so that you loose health when crashing at high speeds? I believe it should not be to hard since it's already in the game when you're crashing with choppers. But not so that car crashes kill you that easy, but do like 0-75 dmg depending on speed.

Edit: Now that I played for a while with RC7, I noticed that police cruisers still tip over. As I've stated before - this is not realistic. Normal cars DO NOT tip over by only turning, even at high speeds. The only ones that should tip over by turning to hard should be busses and maybe a few family SUV's.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (HitZoor @ Mar 17 2009, 13:58)
Nice work on the RC7 version. I like it alot and the tipping issue seems to have been fixed.

Now I have a request to make, could you make it so that you loose health when crashing at high speeds? I believe it should not be to hard since it's already in the game when you're crashing with choppers. But not so that car crashes kill you that easy, but do like 0-75 dmg depending on speed.

Edit: Now that I played for a while with RC7, I noticed that police cruisers still tip over. As I've stated before - this is not realistic. Normal cars DO NOT tip over by only turning, even at high speeds. The only ones that should tip over by turning to hard should be busses and maybe a few family SUV's.

hmm thats weird i never flipped the cop car but ill test them out tonite and see what can do about it, and ill check out what i can do about niko taking damage in the car when in a high speed accident, but i think after a certain speed the game sends niko flying out of the car.

HitZoor
  • HitZoor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Mar 18 2009, 15:15)
hmm thats weird i never flipped the cop car but ill test them out tonite and see what can do about it, and ill check out what i can do about niko taking damage in the car when in a high speed accident, but i think after a certain speed the game sends niko flying out of the car.

If you take a hard turn with the cop car it will flip over, I did it many times.

Also, I believe that the niko taking damage while in car thingy would require maybe som .asi or .lua modding. But it should be possible, shouldn't it? Just make it work as the chopper. Oh, btw, Niko is only sent flying through the windshield if there is like a low wall or something infront of the car when it crashes.

Graphix14
  • Graphix14

New York

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:48 PM

Which is better... RC6 or RC7 ???

HitZoor
  • HitZoor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Graphix14 @ Mar 18 2009, 21:48)
Which is better... RC6 or RC7 ???

Isn't that obvious? Of course the latest version is best.

UltimateGTR
  • UltimateGTR

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:31 PM Edited by UltimateGTR, 05 April 2009 - 01:08 PM.

Can you reduce the damage to the engine after collision for each car? All the cars blow up after just a few collision! Thank you! smile.gif

jaimebombas
  • jaimebombas

GTA IV Freezing!? Check your DRAM voltage!

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

Been using the RC7 and i think that SUV's and some cars (cabs and cop cars for example) roll over to easily... with SUV's specially, you almost have to do turns the old way... which means, almost stopped!

Another thing i've noticed is when you're driving the exotic cars and doing sharp turns at high speed, they tend to lift the front wheel. i was able to roll over a Super GT (aston martin) because of this!

Overall it's a great mod. the driving experience has been greatly increased. Bring out the RC8!

keep up the good work! icon14.gif

Cheers! icon14.gif

F22Raptor09
  • F22Raptor09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

think some vehicle are to fast like the Super GT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users