Photo

[OTHER | IV] GTA IV Real Car Handling RC7 & RC7SC

221 replies to this topic
l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:59 PM

ive sent hazeyo the updated damage file so its only a matter of time till the new release!

@ThePinkPanzer - yeah i think the money value only really matters when selling cars to stevie - other than that its unused unless a higher money value means eg. girlfriends like the cars better, dont know though

and i agree, actuall model would be better and ive got an idea of most of em, but i dont really want to post an essay on em all... we'll see i guess.

if hazeyo wants though, i could make a list of the main cars to make it easier on him finding real specs and such

Anach
  • Anach

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:23 PM

Ive noticed a few vehicles with issues still.

Some are still too soft in the suspension. I havent tested every vehicle, but just those I happen to drive and remember that rolling over too easily.

The large truck - Phantom
Noose Patriot
Securicar

Also i've noticed that speed boats seem very slow now after getting used to the new vehicle speeds. I'd like to see a slight speed boost to the faster type boats.

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

im not one to keep moaning either but another one that rolls over easy is the trashmaster

i think faster boats would be better too, i mean i think there to slow anyway even without the handling mod

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

I also fixed a lot of the roll over problems with the SUV's and I also made the NRG-900 a bit better to handle for when in a high speed chases , added turbo sounds to the comet (turbo 911), sentinel (turbo bmw), and the blista (turbo Honda CRX), also made 2 drags racers (the dukes, and the saber gt) both are now able to pop wheelies from a stand still their traction bias is adjusted a bit so they donít flip when trying to turn. I made the heli's lighter and faster to match their real life counter parts, I will be doing the boats when I get home tonight also. lets hope we can release this before the new year as a late xmas present

as for the cars i used "bobster uk" real car name mod to get an idea of what the cars should handle like

@pink panzer - imma start modding the mass to the cars tonight as soon as i get home to match their real life counter parts, i started this last night but that was at like 2 in the morning so i didnt get much done then, as for the value of the car that will not change since it does reflect real life (IE you wont get much money for a stolen ferrari, since they would have to take the whole car apart to remove all the VIN numbers instantly devaluing the car also ive never seen a chop shop that would even take a exzotic car cause it would just attract way to much attention for their illegal activites not to mention i think the guy who had his ferrari stolen would be looking justice)

and about making the suspension stiffer for the cars, ive been doing alot of testing on this with no good results yet when ever i try to stiffen the cars up you get a wild bouncing effect sometimes the car will bounce right onto its roof (soooo f*cking annoying) hopefully adjusting there mass will be able to calm these cars down from what i can see the mass has been set way to high for the cars which could be the cause the boat effect when driving them, i hope to run some test when i get home to see if my theory is correct

PS i got L8ty's damage mod this morning ill have to merge it with my handling file once i get home then upload it to gta garage so i hope to bring everyone a new release by tomar

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (l8ty @ Dec 30 2008, 14:27)
im not one to keep moaning either but another one that rolls over easy is the trashmaster

i think faster boats would be better too, i mean i think there to slow anyway even without the handling mod

i dont think that the boats have had their names confirmed yet so the boats havent really be effected

also i think the nrg 900 is a Ducati ST3

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

i uploaded RC 2 this morning to GTAgarage im just waiting for it to be approved for everyone's enjoyment, it includes l8ty's latest build of his damage mod also, i also have to upload the new vehicle.ide for the new car sounds but i dont have the file with me at work, ill have to do that once i get out of here. i uploaded a new video also you can check it out here

let me know if anyone find any bugs

have a happy new year every one

AlphaWhiskey
  • AlphaWhiskey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

How do I install this? I had Magic backup all my files and I dropped the handling.dat in the right place but nothing seems to be changed in-game.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (AlphaWhiskey @ Dec 31 2008, 19:18)
How do I install this? I had Magic backup all my files and I dropped the handling.dat in the right place but nothing seems to be changed in-game.

make sure you filelist.pak file is only 8kb its located in the GTAIV\pc\data folder

Anach
  • Anach

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:17 PM Edited by Anach, 01 January 2009 - 01:54 PM.

Not sure if this has been fixed in the latest version (still waiting for GTAGarage to update sad.gif )

Noticed the Futo (RWD Corolla Levin AE86) is front wheel drive currently, but is meant to be RWD. Even says so on the door smile.gif

*edit*

Just tried the new version and I must say that the changes to the muscle cars has ruined it for me and ill be sticking with RC1 in the hopes that you revert that wheelie behaviour. Nothing realistic about that in the slightest and it makes the cars almost impossible to handle.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:53 PM Edited by ThePinkPanzer, 01 January 2009 - 07:56 PM.

the car sounds mod makes it so that the dukes in renamed to the banshee im sure there are other bugs like this but i stoped using it so i dont know.

the muscle cars suck. just cuz they did it in the fast and the furious with a supped up car doesnt mean that all muscle cars have to wheelie when they drive.

blista should be like 1,000kg heavier and the helicopters are really off. the mavericks sould be 777kg and top at 224km/h. the annihilator should weight around 4,887kg(heli+4 miniguns+750 rounds ammo) and top out at 295km/h

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

Watched a few videos from the first post... gotta say those are no where near realistic. The cars accelerate way too much and have too little grip. I bet they slide around corners way too much, and you hit top speed within 5 seconds. This is pretty much a "fast, burn out car" mod.

R* pretty much nailed the cars on the head with their handling lines. The only reason cars can't burn out for more than 10 feet tops is due to the transmission set up, you can't just dump the clutch or anything. The best bet is to floor it with the e-brake on, then let go. The way you achieved it was to lower the grip and increase accleration, thereby affecting all other handling characteristics.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Jan 1 2009, 20:14)
Watched a few videos from the first post... gotta say those are no where near realistic. The cars accelerate way too much and have too little grip. I bet they slide around corners way too much, and you hit top speed within 5 seconds. This is pretty much a "fast, burn out car" mod.

R* pretty much nailed the cars on the head with their handling lines. The only reason cars can't burn out for more than 10 feet tops is due to the transmission set up, you can't just dump the clutch or anything. The best bet is to floor it with the e-brake on, then let go. The way you achieved it was to lower the grip and increase accleration, thereby affecting all other handling characteristics.

they do accelerate too fast but they can hit their real world top speeds.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

the steed still rolls

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:33 AM Edited by hazeyo, 02 January 2009 - 12:35 AM.

thanks for the input every, i realize that the muscle cars do suck and i will fix them along with anything else that comes up

@anach - i made the futo in RC2 rwd after i did the research to find out all their weights

@panzer - the car sounds are very odd indeed as they report in game what car they are from altho this does not affect the handling in anyway and the weight to the blista compact is spot on. its real life counter part, i believe is the honda CRX which weighs 2103lbs which is 953kg (its 980kg in the handling file), and ill look up the proper weight for the heli's tonite when i get a chance thanks for the heads up on that one

Edit:ill go out steed hunting tonite too so i can fix that tipping problem

@picolini - none of the traction to the cars where decreased also you only get wheel spin if you pin the gas from a standing start, the reason why most cars in the game didnt peel out and didnt feel fast was due the fact that all the cars where terribly underpowered compaired to their real life counter parts (lets take the turismo for example the original handling file the car only has 5 gears, 230 pounds of torque and tops out only at 99mph!!, now we all know a "ferrari" is more then capable of doing over 99mph, so i gave the car 6 gears, 480 pounds a torque and it actual top speed of about 200mph and yes the car does have alot of wheel spin if you pin the gas every chance you get)

Sorkenlol
  • Sorkenlol

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

"-top speed changes to every vehicle to better represent their real life counter parts"

Is this some sort of a joke? I just went in the game and tried out the NRG-9000, and it went up in 3-400 kmh in about 2 seconds. Way too fast.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Jan 2 2009, 00:33)
thanks for the input every, i realize that the muscle cars do suck and i will fix them along with anything else that comes up

@anach - i made the futo in RC2 rwd after i did the research to find out all their weights

@panzer - the car sounds are very odd indeed as they report in game what car they are from altho this does not affect the handling in anyway and the weight to the blista compact is spot on. its real life counter part, i believe is the honda CRX which weighs 2103lbs which is 953kg (its 980kg in the handling file), and ill look up the proper weight for the heli's tonite when i get a chance thanks for the heads up on that one

Edit:ill go out steed hunting tonite too so i can fix that tipping problem

@picolini - none of the traction to the cars where decreased also you only get wheel spin if you pin the gas from a standing start, the reason why most cars in the game didnt peel out and didnt feel fast was due the fact that all the cars where terribly underpowered compaired to their real life counter parts (lets take the turismo for example the original handling file the car only has 5 gears, 230 pounds of torque and tops out only at 99mph!!, now we all know a "ferrari" is more then capable of doing over 99mph, so i gave the car 6 gears, 480 pounds a torque and it actual top speed of about 200mph and yes the car does have alot of wheel spin if you pin the gas every chance you get)

my bad i guess i was looking at the imperial weight or something but the helis are still off.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:31 AM

mule rolls

Anach
  • Anach

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Jan 1 2009, 19:53)

the muscle cars suck. just cuz they did it in the fast and the furious with a supped up car doesnt mean that all muscle cars have to wheelie when they drive.

Indeed. I've owned everything from performance V8s, Rotory, 4s and 6's over the past 20 years, and still have muscle car in my garage (see my website), and even with a lot of power, the most I could get with street tyres is a small lift in the front suspension upon take-off.

Wheelie cars are heavily modified to do just that, and they are mostly for show. Even with a RL dragster, it's preferred to keep all wheels on the ground to maintain control down the 1/4 mile.

Realistic on a street going high power v8 is lack of traction. Not wheelies.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Sorkenlol @ Jan 2 2009, 00:57)
"-top speed changes to every vehicle to better represent their real life counter parts"

Is this some sort of a joke? I just went in the game and tried out the NRG-9000, and it went up in 3-400 kmh in about 2 seconds. Way too fast.

where did you get get 400kph from? yes i know the bike is fast but i think it should be the fastest thing in the game. also it does not reach 400kph, its 370kph lol icon14.gif

@panzer - noted icon14.gif

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

just curious but why do the trucks and such have a drag of like 5 when most of the cars are around 1? is it how drag get factored in or what? im not really sure what all it does.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

the patroit is too fast you have it set to 210km/h but the h2 is limited to 160km/h

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:47 AM Edited by hazeyo, 02 January 2009 - 04:49 AM.

QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Jan 2 2009, 03:55)
the patroit is too fast you have it set to 210km/h but the h2 is limited to 160km/h

noted icon14.gif

edit: also the drag affects how fast the car can accel at and how close they can get to their top speed, at least from my findings

Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 25 2008, 20:55)
QUOTE (Moshi @ Dec 26 2008, 00:49)
QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 17 2008, 16:19)
-i recommend a xbox controller or any other type of trigger controller for the best driving experience, since light pressure on the gas will be needed when driving high powered cars to minimize wheel spin.

What I understood here is you saying that you can bind gas to left or right stick?? I have Logitech Rumblepad 2 and by default gas is on right trigger and did not find a way to bind it to a stick. Is there any way???

cant really say, i mean you should be able manually assign keys, but i wouldnt know since i only have a 360 controller for my computer

@kitteh - ill look into it, the FXT should be fixed by the next release and as for the FWD cars most of them look like Jap imports and they dont make those model cars in RWD, i could take a look at them once more but i dont much is gonna change here

also a merry christmas to all of you out there

but you're forgetting that many japanese imports are RWD luxury brands. The Lokus is a Lexus GS, and the Intruder is an Infiniti Q45. Also, the Futo is undoubtedly a RWD car, as it looks exactly like a Toyota Corolla Levin which was RWD and a favorite among drifters.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:17 PM Edited by ThePinkPanzer, 02 January 2009 - 07:27 PM.

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Jan 2 2009, 04:47)
QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Jan 2 2009, 03:55)

noted icon14.gif

edit: also the drag affects how fast the car can accel at and how close they can get to their top speed, at least from my findings

so then why is there such a big gap between the cars and trucks? i understand sports cars but the more common cars should accelerate slower. and also dosent drive force control acceleration?

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Kitteh @ Jan 2 2009, 05:17)
QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 25 2008, 20:55)
QUOTE (Moshi @ Dec 26 2008, 00:49)
QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 17 2008, 16:19)
-i recommend a xbox controller or any other type of trigger controller for the best driving experience, since light pressure on the gas will be needed when driving high powered cars to minimize wheel spin.

What I understood here is you saying that you can bind gas to left or right stick?? I have Logitech Rumblepad 2 and by default gas is on right trigger and did not find a way to bind it to a stick. Is there any way???

cant really say, i mean you should be able manually assign keys, but i wouldnt know since i only have a 360 controller for my computer

@kitteh - ill look into it, the FXT should be fixed by the next release and as for the FWD cars most of them look like Jap imports and they dont make those model cars in RWD, i could take a look at them once more but i dont much is gonna change here

also a merry christmas to all of you out there

but you're forgetting that many japanese imports are RWD luxury brands. The Lokus is a Lexus GS, and the Intruder is an Infiniti Q45. Also, the Futo is undoubtedly a RWD car, as it looks exactly like a Toyota Corolla Levin which was RWD and a favorite among drifters.

ill look up the information on those cars and fix them for RC3, i thought they converted those cars to fwd for the american public like they do with most jap imports icon13.gif

@panzer - there isnt much of a difference only about 3-4 was add to the trucks, suv's, minivan etc and that cause these types of vehicles have the aerodynamic ability of a brick

i hope eveyone had a happy new year, i know i did my head still hurts lol. anyway ill be putting up RC3 on mediafire later on today pretty much a patched version of RC2

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

also i noticed that the biff(Kenworth T800) rolls a little to much not as much as some others. its steering angle should go to 45* and weight to 6305.(these are manufacturer numbers)

Free_Runner
  • Free_Runner

OMG!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:48 PM Edited by Free_Runner, 03 January 2009 - 12:21 AM.

could someone upload the ORIGINAL vehicles.ide, carcols.dat and handling.dat ? ... i was such a moron that i didn't backup and now my game is crashing...i rly wanna tryout this mod...but can't cuz it keeps crashing..Please

EDIT: never mind the above thing..i just reverted all my files back and applyed the patch back...The mod is awesome..much more realistic than R*...keep going...

Anach
  • Anach

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:52 AM Edited by Anach, 03 January 2009 - 09:30 AM.

Any plan to revert that horrible "wheelie" behaviour of muscle cars, or at least include a more realistic version of the mod?

On another note. I noticed that the "Faction", which seems to be based on a "1987 Buick Turbo Regal "WE4 package", doesnt have a rear differential in-game, only a solid beam axle. Which would mean in-game it's mean to be FWD. However, the real-life regal didnt go FWD until 1988 and look nothing like the 87 model. So it's debatable in terms of realism, as to which you go for. Real life version, which is RWD, or the fact that the in-game version doesnt have a rear differential which should make it FWD.

Thought i'd bring that up smile.gif

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Anach @ Jan 3 2009, 05:52)
Any plan to revert that horrible "wheelie" behaviour of muscle cars, or at least include a more realistic version of the mod?

i just replaced the dukes with the RC1 version for myself.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

i put up RC3 on media fire untill GTAgarage approves it, i fix the wheelie thing those cars are back to normal and the roll over issue with the box trucks should be sorted out (i cant find them all to test so there might be a few i didnt get to) also changed some ride heights to certain vehicles

@anach - i also noticed that about the faction, but i hate how R* turned possibly the best buick ever built in to a FWD pansy mobile so it back to it RWD glory. one thing i dont know about that car is does it have a blow off valve? also ive been tryin to figure out how to get the rear end of the car to lift up when going to launch biggrin.gif

@panzer - i fixed the biff according to your specs, but i didnt find one to be able to test it out properly tho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users