» «
Photo

[OTHER | IV] GTA IV Real Car Handling RC7 & RC7SC

221 replies to this topic
l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:08 PM Edited by l8ty, 21 December 2008 - 09:38 PM.

@ hazeyo -- im just testing the handling for cars that tip over easily and as i find them ill post em

- ambulance
- speedo (van)
- rancher (suv/pickup)
- cavaclade fxt (suv/pickup) .. just called fxt in handling.dat
- rebula (suv)
- patriot (suv)

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:14 PM

thanks for the input every one, ill get working for the next release.

@ l8ty - love the videos man you have some awesome editing skills:cookie: cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

@Anach - which fwd drive cars did you find that tipped easily ill fix them right up, and ill also do some modding of the weapon damage too. i like your idea of cars be able to barrages of bullets before exploding, i think it would give it very theatrical effect when in shoot outs icon14.gif

@eveyone else - keep the bugs coming and i hope you enjoy the mod as much a i do biggrin.gif

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:41 PM Edited by l8ty, 21 December 2008 - 10:48 PM.

thanks hazeyo biggrin.gif

ive just finished my hours testing of the handling and i found most of the suv's, a van and the ambulance tip over easy (list is above) so far, there might be more but it seems to be the bigger vehicles - but the trucks and the bus are fine. with the smaller fwd cars i think they tip over easier because of the wheel spin, i dont know thought cos the blista compact used to spin before on the standard handling but thats just a hunch - it could be the suspension.

ill start testing the damage and tweeking some of the damage settings on some of the smaller cars cos they seem to deform quicker and the bigger ones dont as much- and thanks for doing the fix for the weapon damage, i dont know why i even modified it in the first place cos i was looking though the older version and cars would blow up easier from guns than suvs or trucks so ill leave that alone cool.gif

and great work as always! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

+ forgot to say, im tweeking some of the effects occasionally to see if i can get more smoke from tires and maybe bigger explosions - but im just testing at the moment, nothing to report yet anyway... and for a laugh i change the road surface settings so there was vertually no grip! its like the whole city is an ice rink, you cant get up any hills in anything but a 4wd and the ai doesnt understand so there spinning all over the place and crashing into each other - cool and funny but not very playable! cool.gif

Anach
  • Anach

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

Sorry fwd = 4wd. I shouldnt post at 4 in the morning. smile.gif

Most of them have been covered, except one of the trucks I couldnt find the name of, as I rarely see it and wasnt in the wiki. It's a flat-nose semi which looks designed to carry a car.

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

it might be the 'packer' if its the one im thinking of, either that or the 'flatbed'

third
  • third

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 17 2008, 16:19)
this is a complete overhaul of GTA IV handling system to better represent the in game cars with their real life counter parts

CHANGES
-top speed changes to every vehicle to better represent their real life counter parts
-same goes for acceleration, which now enables you to "peel out" when at full throttle from a standing start
-increase steering locks for all cars
-decreased drag (now cars will reach newly assigned top speeds)
-changed the amount of gears most cars have to represent their real life counter parts
-since accel is fixed on most cars it will now allow you to DRIFT THEM biggrin.gif no changes where made to traction of cars and bikes
-SUV's and Trucks traction has been change so they will be able to roll over easily

VERSION 0.18b released!!!!

-not much really changed here just had to fix some cars that i believe should be font wheel drive
-reworked the SUV's and trucks again i think they flipped to easily in 0.17b

VERSION 0.19b release!! just waiting for it to be approved in the GTAgarage

-nothing in handling was changed, just included L8ty's double damage mod for added realism
(credits go out to L8ty for the awesome damage, which will be included in every release from now on)

forums dont support flash based players click the links below to watch video

Getaway in Liberty City
https://tv.rockstarg...C0917AF3E5FFD0A

Turismo test run by me
https://tv.rockstarg...0705C841438A6C4

heres a new video of the handling mod - Niko Takes A Bike video made by L8ty
https://tv.rockstarg...5453F16E782C6B1

original video with L8ty's double damage and the handling mod video made by L8ty
https://tv.rockstarg...22D9515E5D8BF9C

heres another new video using the mod - Sultan RS - River Crossing (Very Fast) by l8ty
https://tv.rockstarg...0097D44D963AE54

and heres another new vido - Getaway in Liberty City by l8ty
https://tv.rockstarg...51BC1798FDBB915

i hope for my next release to fix the softness in the cars suspension for better overall handling depending if its real life counter part handles better then the in game version of it

*notes*
-best if used with steering wheel and pedals or a game pad with triggers
since most cars have increased accel a bit of finesse with the throttle will be needed when driving
(i.e. major wheel spin will occur when you smash the throttle)
-since the cars are much faster you will find your self flying out the windshield more often :-D
-best used in conjunction with the "real car names" mod (who's the author to that mod?, i want to speak with him to combine the mods i think it would be cool)

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=5128#

download, extract, copy and paste into the common \ data folder, play, enjoy

make sure you have modded your game to play modded files or it will crash on start up biggrin.gif

thanks man

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

i uploaded a new revision today which should fix most of not all roll over issues with the SUV's. i also tweaked some cars that had way to soft suspension so they should have less body roll now (its up on GTA garage just waiting for it to be approved)

this does not include L8tys updated damage mod (hence the name RC preview), i sent him a copy so im just waiting for him to give me the revised version of it so we can hopefully have a final release out within the next week or two

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:28 PM Edited by l8ty, 24 December 2008 - 01:36 PM.

what i planning on doing to make the damage realistic is more modern cars will have less deforming from damage but can also take less engine damage (cos newer cars are all computerised and the slightest thing can screw them up!).

and with the older cars, they obviousally are not as safe due to being made with weaker materials (like real cars) so they deform easier but have stronger engines, to contrast the modern cars.

and with the supercars & sports cars - they will have slightly more deforming cos they are made of lighter materials, carbon fibre, aluminium etc.

and obviousally bigger vehicles - suvs, pickups, vans, trucks etc will come more stronger than the cars due to there size, so hopefully instead of all cars having the same damage line, the same as all suvs etc all sharing the same line - nearly everyt car should have a unique damage line...

also the weapon damage on all vehicles will stay original at 1.0, thanks to hazeyo to fixing that... im working on this over christmas so well probably call it either a late xmas present or a new years gift... cool.gif

loczek47
  • loczek47

They call me "Random Funny Guy".

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

I don't like it , sorry...there's too much "slide" and "drift" in it...I want to turn left and my car slide's instead of turning left..

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:09 PM Edited by hazeyo, 24 December 2008 - 03:28 PM.

QUOTE (loczek47 @ Dec 24 2008, 13:49)
I don't like it , sorry...there's too much "slide" and "drift" in it...I want to turn left and my car slide's instead of turning left..

loczek47 which cars are you talking about?

@ L8ty - AWESOME icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

ive also been working changing some car sounds around IMO i think some more cars needed turbo lol.gif icon14.gif
im also gonna work on the dukes, it should be able to pop wheels under hard acceleration and have some flames coming out the exhaust devil.gif
and more work is to be done upon the SUVs tipping point

i uploaded the video with the modded turbo cars, ill have one of the dukes up later on today after i get home from work

all these new features will be included in the next revision release along with L8ty's latest revision of damage mod

Turbos are forever
https://tv.rockstarg...D9D1549EC9EB61E

loczek47
  • loczek47

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:26 PM

Im talking about banshee , and some others.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (loczek47 @ Dec 24 2008, 15:26)

have you tried feathering the gas and slowing down for the turn, most supers cars and normal cars do have a substantial amount wheel spin when you hold down the gas without any type of traction control and i believe we have capture this effect very well. i would also recommend a xbox controller or any other type of trigger controller for the best driving experience, since light pressure on the gas will be needed when driving high powered cars to minimize wheel spin.

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

love the new vid hazeyo! ps making progress with the damage - ive finished about 15-20 of the vehicles... should be done before new year!

if you want to make the dukes do wheelies theres a mod for it on gtagarage (dukes drag mod i think)

willhub
  • willhub

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

Some reason after the 2 rockstar splash screens when starting the game all I get is black screen, any ideas?

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (willhub @ Dec 24 2008, 18:08)
Some reason after the 2 rockstar splash screens when starting the game all I get is black screen, any ideas?

have you applyed the file list patch that enables you to play modded files? also did you change any other files?

loczek47
  • loczek47

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 24 2008, 15:46)
QUOTE (loczek47 @ Dec 24 2008, 15:26)

have you tried feathering the gas and slowing down for the turn, most supers cars and normal cars do have a substantial amount wheel spin when you hold down the gas without any type of traction control and i believe we have capture this effect very well. i would also recommend a xbox controller or any other type of trigger controller for the best driving experience, since light pressure on the gas will be needed when driving high powered cars to minimize wheel spin.

Oh well , now I can't test it , I downloaded Alice and it f*cked up my game that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif suicidal.gif

Moshi
  • Moshi

!!! Trance !!!

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

-i recommend a xbox controller or any other type of trigger controller for the best driving experience, since light pressure on the gas will be needed when driving high powered cars to minimize wheel spin.

What I understood here is you saying that you can bind gas to left or right stick?? I have Logitech Rumblepad 2 and by default gas is on right trigger and did not find a way to bind it to a stick. Is there any way???

Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:54 AM

some stuff I noticed:

FXT is screwed, wheels keep popping up and down

some cars are FWD that shouldn't be, i.e Intruder, Lokus, DF8, etc.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Moshi @ Dec 26 2008, 00:49)
-i recommend a xbox controller or any other type of trigger controller for the best driving experience, since light pressure on the gas will be needed when driving high powered cars to minimize wheel spin.

What I understood here is you saying that you can bind gas to left or right stick?? I have Logitech Rumblepad 2 and by default gas is on right trigger and did not find a way to bind it to a stick. Is there any way???

cant really say, i mean you should be able manually assign keys, but i wouldnt know since i only have a 360 controller for my computer

@kitteh - ill look into it, the FXT should be fixed by the next release and as for the FWD cars most of them look like Jap imports and they dont make those model cars in RWD, i could take a look at them once more but i dont much is gonna change here

also a merry christmas to all of you out there

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:07 AM

RC1 has better suspension but i still think its a little to soft im using the dashbpard camera mod and it makes me dizzy if i turn a lot of corners

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Dec 27 2008, 00:07)
RC1 has better suspension but i still think its a little to soft im using the dashbpard camera mod and it makes me dizzy if i turn a lot of corners

yea ive been working on it, the thing that strikes me is that even the most smallest changes (other then ride height) makes the cars bounce uncontrollably and very unrealisticly which i find to be very annoying

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:30 AM

the Securicar still rolls like stupid

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 27 2008, 02:22)
yea ive been working on it, the thing that strikes me is that even the most smallest changes (other then ride height) makes the cars bounce uncontrollably and very unrealisticly which i find to be very annoying

i know what you mean. i notice how the settings are counter intuitive when modding the expolsionfx file for my weapon mod. if you lower the blast radius of the vehicles explosion you couldnt kill it with a rocket.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

swat and police patriot also roll too much

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

thanks for the input panzer, ill have those issues sorted out for the next release

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

Annihilator is a Bell MH-60Q
Maverick is a Bell 206B JetRanger III

so you can get the weight and speed and what not.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Dec 28 2008, 21:58)
Annihilator is a Bell MH-60Q
Maverick is a Bell 206B JetRanger III

so you can get the weight and speed and what not.

cool ill look up the specs and moddify them in game

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:22 AM

so playing around with some stuff and noticed that mass hasnt been modded yet. if you want i can look through the different vehicles and get the weights for you and post or PM them.

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:57 PM Edited by l8ty, 30 December 2008 - 01:46 PM.

just finishing up the damage, gonna send it to hazeyo in a bit so he can get the next release sorted.

@ThePinkPanzer - i didnt think the mass had been changed either but i didnt touch it cos im just dealing with the damage. what i was also thinking of is if we have realistic weights to the cars then maybe we could change the value of the car cos most of em give no money when you sell em to stevie what so ever. like $30000 for a turismo which is basically a ferrari f430 which costs three times that.

@Hazeyo - if you want a hand at finding out different stats for each car ive managed to decifer what most of the fake maufacturers of the vehicles are, should make it a little easier.

Albany - Cadillac
Annis -
Benefactor - Mercedes Benz
Bravado - Dodge
Brute -
Classique - Plymouth
Declasse - Chevrolet
Dewbauchee - Aston Martin
Dinka - Honda
Dundreary -
Emperor - (Maybe Subaru or VW)
Enus - Bentley (or Mayback)
Grotti - Ferrari
HVY -
Imponte - Pontiac
Invetero - Corvette
Karin - Toyota
Maibatsu - Mitsubishi
Mammoth - Hummer
MTL -
Pegassi - Pagani
Pfister - Porsche
Schyster - Chrysler
Sh*tzu - Suzuki (or Ducati)
‹bermacht - BMW
Vapid - Ford
Vulcar - Volvo
Willard - Buick
Zirconium -

- sorry its a bit long biggrin.gif

p.s. - i dont want to start a argument over these, saying thats not that - its this!
its just what i think they are - its not the official list or anything...

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (l8ty @ Dec 30 2008, 12:57)
just finishing up the damage, gonna send it to hazeyo in a bit so he can get the next release sorted.

@ThePinkPanzer - i didnt think the mass had been changed either but i didnt touch it cos im just dealing with the damage. what i was also thinking of is if we have realistic weights to the cars then maybe we could change the value of the car cos most of em give no money when you sell em to stevie what so ever. like $30000 for a turismo which is basically a ferrari f430 which costs three times that.

@Hazeyo - if you want a hand at finding out different stats for each car ive managed to decifer what most of the fake maufacturers of the vehicles are, should make it a little easier.

Albany - Cadillac
Benefactor - Mercedes Benz
Bravado - Dodge
Brute -
Classique - Plymouth
Declasse - Chevrolet
Dewbauchee - Aston Martin
Dinka - Honda
Dundreary -
Emperor - (Maybe Subaru or VW)
Enus - Bentley (or Mayback)
Grotti - Ferrari
HVY -
Imponte - Pontiac
Invetero - Corvette
Karin - Toyota
Maibatsu - Mitsubishi
Mammoth - Hummer
MTL -
Pegassi - Pagani
Pfister - Porsche
Schyster - Chrysler
Sh*tzu - Suzuki (or Ducati)
‹bermacht - BMW
Vapid - Ford
Vulcar - Volvo
Willard - Buick
Zirconium -

- sorry its a bit long biggrin.gif

p.s. - i dont want to start a argument over these, saying thats not that - its this!
its just what i think they are - its not the official list or anything...

i hadnt noticed the value thing tho i mostly just test mine and other peoples mods right now.

the manufacturer doesnt really matter so much as the actual vehicle model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users