» «
Photo

[OTHER | IV] GTA IV Real Car Handling RC7 & RC7SC

221 replies to this topic
hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:19 PM Edited by hazeyo, 16 March 2009 - 06:23 PM.

Hazeyo presents
user posted image

this edition includes two flavors

Over three months of work has been put into this version, so you will not be disappointed

RC7: a moderate increase in the cars accel, top speed, and handling
RC7 SC: The super charged edition, with more accel and top speed (not recommended for keyboards)

CHANGE log
-top speed changes to every vehicle to better represent their real life counter parts
-same goes for acceleration
-increase steering locks for all cars
-decreased drag (now cars will reach newly assigned top speeds)
-changed the amount of gears most cars have to represent their real life counter parts
-SUV's and Trucks traction has been change so they will be able to roll over
-fixed some cars that i believe should be front wheel drive or rear wheel drive
-mass to every vehicle has been changed to better reflect their real life counter part
-suspension has been overhauled to have less body roll
-all cars and bikes now have better more realistic brakes
-ABS was added to the newer model cars
-leaning angles on all motorcycles has been adjusted for a more realistic ride
-traction values on bikes have been adjusted to minimize sliding
-includes L8ty's double damage mod for added realism(its not really double but just enough for added realism)
(credits go out to L8ty for the awesome damage)

for accurate color for the busses and many other vehicles i recommend GTA4 Environment mod v2 By Kriller2

(optional)
*turbo sounds for the comet, sentinel, and blista compact.
*backfire added to the dukes
*Materials.dat file increases traction pavement and concrete surfaces.
*cargrp.dat will add more spawning for the infernus, sultan RS, corquette, faggio, bus, and much more!

1.copy the "handling.dat" from "handling RC6.zip or handling RC6 SC.zip " to your "\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\"

(optional)
for rare car spawning copy cargrp.dat to your "\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data" folder
(optional)
copy the "materials.dat to your "\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\materials\" folder
(optional)
for turbo sounds on the sentinel, blista compact, and comet
copy "vehicles.ide" to the "\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data" folder

note:this will make the visual name of the car come up as the original car that produces the sound, it will not affect the game in anyway

Current and previous versions can be found below

kunyit09
  • kunyit09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

thank you mate... icon14.gif

kreig12
  • kreig12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

lmao, awesome video.
Looks great.

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

the SUVs all seem to tip over way too easily. cuz i can get in one and turn and hit the gas and roll it.

AVVvU
  • AVVvU

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:01 PM Edited by AVVvU, 17 December 2008 - 08:04 PM.

In the vid there is no brake-light at this car. Why?

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

good question, it might be cause of the rockstar social network. ill upload some more videos when i get home from work to see if they have that issue too

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Dec 17 2008, 19:48)
the SUVs all seem to tip over way too easily. cuz i can get in one and turn and hit the gas and roll it.

try version 0.17b it should be fixed, i uploaded it this morning

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 17 2008, 21:30)
QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Dec 17 2008, 19:48)

try version 0.17b it should be fixed, i uploaded it this morning

works a lot better thanks

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

Just one advice.. Don't open a new topic every time when you release a new version... Simply ask an administrator to rename this one to "GTA IV Real Car Handling mod", and update the first post every time when there's a newer one of this.

Back to topic, I think it looks cool! However, I can't test it now.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Dec 18 2008, 01:18)
Just one advice.. Don't open a new topic every time when you release a new version... Simply ask an administrator to rename this one to "GTA IV Real Car Handling mod", and update the first post every time when there's a newer one of this.

Back to topic, I think it looks cool! However, I can't test it now.

cool, thank you

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:40 AM

I've locked your other topic, when you release a new version please just update this topic and ask us to edit the topic title for you.

edit: masterk beat me to it!

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:07 PM Edited by l8ty, 18 December 2008 - 02:16 PM.

i must say your handling mod is better than standard game - ive also been editing the damage in your handling file, usually just doubling the 'Dc Dw Dd De' numbers

Most cars use ------------- 1.0 1.0 0.8 1.5
but ive changed em to 2.0 2.0 1.5 2.5

and the crashes are alot better - almost realistic! ive been testing with a futo and after 3 20mph ish hits with a wall its got black smoke and wont restart but i think you said you were going to change the damage in your next release of the mod - just thought i say what numbers im using...

and thanks again for the great mod - keep up the good work

BlazerRotare
  • BlazerRotare

Mattze

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

Great work. I've mirrored the file on CodenameGTA.net.

What are your plans for future releases?

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:10 PM Edited by hazeyo, 18 December 2008 - 07:10 PM.

QUOTE (BlazerRotare @ Dec 18 2008, 14:45)
Great work. I've mirrored the file on CodenameGTA.net.

What are your plans for future releases?

thanks man, for my next release i hope to bring better suspension for the cars, i hate the way some of them lean when taking sharp turns, i know cars do this in real life but in game its a bit rediculous how much they can lean but i gotta do some testing before this is finished

and @ l8ty, thanks for that tip with the damage from your testing what do you find to be the best setting for the damage values PM me with what you think

imma upload two new videos today and version 0.18b

Chroniss
  • Chroniss

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 17 2008, 16:19)

*notes*
-best if used with steering wheel and pedals or a game pad with triggers
since most cars have increased accel a bit of finesse with the throttle will be needed when driving

How do you use a steering wheel? The game doesnt support this at all...

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:50 AM Edited by l8ty, 19 December 2008 - 02:22 PM.

i dont know about a steering wheel - didnt think it worked on gtaiv but you can get those xbox 360 controllers that work on windows so i guess you could try that

------------- regarding my testing for the double damage mod (that will hopfully be included with this handling mod if i get approval to include it) ive uploaded some pics!

edit- ive also just made a video and posted it on rockstar social club...

https://tv.rockstarg...22D9515E5D8BF9C
(the video doesnt show the full extent of the damage - i dont know why thats just how it works just like all cars are clean even though when ingame there dirty etc.) there im done ranting.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Like i said before - great work on the mod as always, makes that handling more realistic and more fun! cookie.gif

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (l8ty @ Dec 19 2008, 11:50)
i dont know about a steering wheel - didnt think it worked on gtaiv but you can get those xbox 360 controllers that work on windows so i guess you could try that

------------- regarding my testing for the double damage mod (that will hopfully be included with this handling mod if i get approval to include it) ive uploaded some pics!

edit- ive also just made a video and posted it on rockstar social club...

(the video doesnt show the full extent of the damage - i dont know why thats just how it works just like all cars are clean even though when ingame there dirty etc.) there im done ranting.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Like i said before - great work on the mod as always, makes that handling more realistic and more fun! cookie.gif

awesome, ill put something together today and upload it, all credit for the moddified damage goes to you as well

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

thanks, no probs

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

hey L8ty your pretty awesome at making videos are those you uploaded using the handling mod?

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:11 PM Edited by l8ty, 21 December 2008 - 04:44 PM.

thanks - i get board easily and keep making these things...

the only upload i did with your handling file was 'Street Racing Gone Bad' that also had the double damage - my drifting videos are from when i reduced grip on the road surfaces, its in another file cos im no good at changing handling files - but i did that on san andreas and gta3 as well, but i removed the 'slippy' surfaces cos i can drift with your mod anyway!

- ive got loads of clips of stuff that i need to put together into movies - but im to busy keep playing the game so the clips just keep piling up lol cool.gif

heres a new video of the handling mod - Niko Takes A Bike
https://tv.rockstarg...5453F16E782C6B1

heres another new video using the mod - Sultan RS - River Crossing (Very Fast)
https://tv.rockstarg...0097D44D963AE54

and heres another new vido - Getaway in Liberty City
https://tv.rockstarg...51BC1798FDBB915

and heres my original video with my double damage and the handling mod

Julias Caesar
  • Julias Caesar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 18 2008, 18:10)

for my next release i hope to bring better suspension for the cars, i hate the way some of them lean when taking sharp turns, i know cars do this in real life but in game its a bit rediculous how much they can lean but i gotta do some testing before this is finished

Hi,

I think the suspension is way too soft, too, so the cars jump around when landing on 2 wheels, or turning upside down: often they just jump till they turn again - that's weird. Maybe that can be reduced a bit also, when U are working on suspension...

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:04 AM

weapon damage should go back to 1. i can take an smg to a car and can get it flaming in 1 mag.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:23 PM Edited by hazeyo, 20 December 2008 - 07:24 PM.

QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Dec 20 2008, 05:04)
weapon damage should go back to 1. i can take an smg to a car and can get it flaming in 1 mag.

done, just up loaded version .20b now has fixed weapon damage

i also uploaded a new video today check it out

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

also i noticed that the patriot/H2 still rolls if you floor it and turn at the same time. could be a suspension issue not sure if its fixed in .20 cuz it hasnt shown up yet in the download list

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer @ Dec 20 2008, 23:54)
also i noticed that the patriot/H2 still rolls if you floor it and turn at the same time. could be a suspension issue not sure if its fixed in .20 cuz it hasnt shown up yet in the download list

yea i just seen this, ill have it fixed in the next release. im doing some suspension testing tonite so hopefully i will have a finished product by the morning for everyone to enjoy

Anach
  • Anach

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

Handling is great and loads of fun, but 2x collision damage is a little much, and would probably be better at 1.5x. As Right now I only have to touch another car and my car suddenly looks as though I hit a tree. Also weapon damaged cars seem to explode far too easy, which is very movie like, but not really "realistic".

ThePinkPanzer
  • ThePinkPanzer

street pharmacist

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Anach @ Dec 21 2008, 11:23)
Handling is great and loads of fun, but 2x collision damage is a little much, and would probably be better at 1.5x. As Right now I only have to touch another car and my car suddenly looks as though I hit a tree. Also weapon damaged cars seem to explode far too easy, which is very movie like, but not really "realistic".

i actually dont think its high enough. cuz i can drive most vehicles at top speed in to a wall without totaling them.

hazeyo
  • hazeyo

Car handling junkie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

i would have to conduct some more test to figure out the perfect mulitiplier for the car damage, i uploaded the first non beta today im just waiting on it to be approved. i fixed the patriot having to much grip causing it to flip on a dime. also i reworked the suspension to some of those cars that would lean way to much while turning, but i dont know all the cars that should be fixed so it could take me a bit to find them all (unless if some one wants to tell me which cars are soft a butter so i can fix them up:D )

l8ty
  • l8ty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:43 PM Edited by l8ty, 21 December 2008 - 09:07 PM.

i dont know if you fixed the cavaclade fxt yet but that was quite bad, but the normal cavaclade is fine! you've already done the patriot and i cant think of any others off the top of my head -

@ ThePinkPanzer - im considering lessening the weapon damage unless hazeyo's already done that!, possibly raising the explosion damage slightly more and maybe raising the damage for collisons as well, cos when i gave the damage lines to hazeyo the cars had double damage, suv's, pickups and estate cars had about a rise of 0.6, vans had 0.4 and trucks had a slighter rise cos there bigger of 0.2.

but even though some people say the collison damage is too high i may raise cos you can still get away with some big crashes but i do agree that the weapon damage needs decreasing so ill sort that out...

@ hazeyo - ive uploaded a couple of vids with links on the previous page so if you get a sec could you put them at the top with the first post plz? and ill test some of the damage and see what needs changing and ill test some of the handling to find anymore easy tippers. but if you havnt already the cavaclade fxt was a bit evil at times devil.gif

Anach
  • Anach

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:47 PM Edited by Anach, 21 December 2008 - 08:51 PM.

QUOTE (hazeyo @ Dec 21 2008, 19:28)

i would have to conduct some more test to figure out the perfect mulitiplier for the car damage, i uploaded the first non beta today im just waiting on it to be approved. i fixed the patriot having to much grip causing it to flip on a dime. also i reworked the suspension to some of those cars that would lean way to much while turning, but i dont know all the cars that should be fixed so it could take me a bit to find them all (unless if some one wants to tell me which cars are soft a butter so i can fix them up:D )

Actually after some playing with more vehicles, most the damage seems to be ok, but there are a couple vehicles which deform too easily, but they really need testing one by one. smile.gif

I did notice that many of the Fwd vehicles are very bouncy and easy to roll (4wd and some trucks). I certainly look forward to the fix for that.

QUOTE (ThePinkPanzer)
i actually dont think its high enough. cuz i can drive most vehicles at top speed in to a wall without totaling them.

I agree with high speed collisions should destroy the car, but its mostly low speed collisions on a few of the cars that im concerned with.

As for weapon damage. I'd like a car to take a hail of bullet fire before it catches fire, as this would make rocket launcher and grenades more desired for taking out cars. Also it gives more importance to taking out the tyres of cars rather than shooting the bodywork.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users