Photo

Steam Version SNP request.

6 replies to this topic
CommanderPayne
  • CommanderPayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

Hi I'm wondering if there is any very kind steam user that would complete demolition man for me. It would be very much appreciated.
http://gtasnp.com/14954

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

First, we have a topic dedicated to SnP requests over here. please keep all SnP requests over there. But since you have the Steam Version, which is not compatible with the CD version sold in stores, your best bet would probably be to try Demerst's Time Vault code tool out. It will pass that mission automatically for you as well as any mission(s) you may have problems with later on down the road. You can read more about it/download it here. It is currently hosted on Archive.org, since tfads.com is temporarily down. Hope that helps.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Dec 16 2008, 14:53)
I'm afraid the steam version saves are not compatible with other GTA PC saves-- you will need a steam version user to complete it for you.

While it is not normally done, go ahead and post a SNP request in its own thread... title it:

Steam Version SNP request.

This will aid in its visibility to other users as there are not alot of steam players around-- I do wish you luck getting someone to do this for you.

I don't know (or recall) if Dems Timevault mission passer will work on steam saves-- worth a try.

http://www.freewebs....evault_main.scm

Find the main.scm file on your computer--- rename it something else--- like origmain.scm

Take the downloaded timevault_main.scm and rename it main.scm-- it must be put in the same folder as the main.scm that was there before.

Now start up your game and try entering the mission marker-- if it works, the mission will be passed instantly... if it is not compatible, the game likely will just not start up.... if it works, save and exit the game-- otherwise any mission marker you enter will be instantly passed.

To restore the game to how it was before, just switch the files back to their original names.

HTH

For visibility-- I had him post it in its own thread...

CommanderPayne
  • CommanderPayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

I have absolutely no idea how to make time vault work. I'd really appreciate the save game if anyone would do it. I am sorry about all of this I'm a girl thats brand new to gaming but wants to learn!

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

Maybe this helps you? Its the best I can do (the vids made by me)

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

I have absolutely no idea how to make time vault work

It's explained on the download page i pionted you too, and it's in the "readme" file when you download it.-Make sure you use the default windows un-zip tool to extract the file, because for some reason WinRAR and others won't work. But basically, all you do is go to your install directory(where the game is installed to)-by default, it is C:/program files/rockstar games/GTA Vice City, then go to the Data folder and locate your Main.scm file, now back that file up by renaming it to something like MainORIGINAL.scm, place the main.scm file from the Time Vault folder in your Data folder and start the game, load your save, and walk into any mission sphere you want and it will be instantly passed for you, now when you're done using it, save your game, either press windows key to get back to the desktop or exit out of the game, and rename or delete the timevault main.scm, and put you're backed up Original main.scm back in place, and load up your game again and enjoy the rest of your game. Like I said before, this may be your best bet, as there aren't very many people whom have the Steam version, and Steam version saves do not work with the store bought (CD) version of the game.-which is why I can't do it, I have the store bought version(bought back in 2005), and your save won't load on my game, or I would do it for you. Hope this helps.

@Spuds, sorry about the confusion in my last post, I guess I should have read the SnP post you quoted, before I posted.

But as far as Time Vault working, it should work, because on the download page, as you probably know, it says it uses the Darkpact technology, which should make it compatible with anyones' game.

Also the Video that Mark posted should also help if you want to try it yourself.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (CommanderPayne @ Dec 17 2008, 12:09)
I am sorry about all of this I'm a girl thats brand new to gaming but wants to learn!

No playing the gender card (you aren't opening a tight jar or something) tounge.gif

Regarding timevault: You are probably nervous messing with your game files-- as long as you don't delete the files you will be fine--

I'm betting you will get more satisfaction completing the mission by yourself so I hope you try to pass it on your own-- I know the heli's are hard to control on the PC version and it is also very touchy... you can re-map your keyboard to make the keys more intuitive for you-- perhaps one of the PC gamers will tell you how they re-mapped them... this isn't a mod or anything-- you can pause and go into settings to do this.

I rarely play the PC version I only have it installed since it was given to me for free-- I play on PS2/3 so can't give you any advice on how to remap the controls.

I do wish you luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users