postem
  • postem

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (WaveBossa @ Dec 17 2008, 00:11)
QUOTE (Nomad91 @ Dec 17 2008, 00:07)
QUOTE (iamnotyou @ Dec 16 2008, 19:58)
The first tip off that this is complete BS is... P3 Xeon? Srsly? LMAO.  Could possibly get 45 FPS in GTA2...

Hey dipsh*t, a Quad Core Intel Processor uses 4 Pentium 3 Xeon Processors, and GTA IV detects them all independently, its a glich.

Please stop talking out of your ass and read other posts before going "LOL HOLY CRAPZORZ HE ONLY HAS TEH PIII LOLOLOLOLOLO FAKE LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

LOL, U FAIL. Let me explain..

The P3 Xeon was a Xeon based on three Pentium three cores you dumbass.
The intel Quad Core is made of 2 C2D cores you dumbass.

The intel P3 Xeon is old as sh*t and would be lucky to get 45 FPS in GTA2

So why don't you stop talking out your ass and go read a book you dumbass.

The engine is so sh*t it think all cpus are xeon

WaveBossa
  • WaveBossa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (postem @ Dec 17 2008, 00:54)
QUOTE (WaveBossa @ Dec 17 2008, 00:11)
QUOTE (Nomad91 @ Dec 17 2008, 00:07)
The first tip off that this is complete BS is... P3 Xeon? Srsly? LMAO.  Could possibly get 45 FPS in GTA2...

Hey dipsh*t, a Quad Core Intel Processor uses 4 Pentium 3 Xeon Processors, and GTA IV detects them all independently, its a glich.

Please stop talking out of your ass and read other posts before going "LOL HOLY CRAPZORZ HE ONLY HAS TEH PIII LOLOLOLOLOLO FAKE LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

LOL, U FAIL. Let me explain..

The P3 Xeon was a Xeon based on three Pentium three cores you dumbass.
The intel Quad Core is made of 2 C2D cores you dumbass.

The intel P3 Xeon is old as sh*t and would be lucky to get 45 FPS in GTA2

So why don't you stop talking out your ass and go read a book you dumbass.

The engine is so sh*t it think all cpus are xeon

That would be hillarious!!!

As mad as I would be, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from rofling!

JORDAN_BENNETT
  • JORDAN_BENNETT

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

There will be no more flaming.......flaming people is bad stop!!!!!

yo kuneyit09, I totally support ya.....and here is a list (including yours) of some more solutions that i think would be in your favor:

A. icon14.gif turn of page file (by kuneyit09, don't you just love this guy's superior intellect-and this is absolutely safe and won't harm your pc in any possible way icon14.gif

B. startup your pc......load gta iv......and trust us (kuneyit09 and I) if you get low fps, just totally submerge your pc in a tub of cold water.....blah blah this will gain you 10 fps!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon14.gif

C.1. for laptop user-gently place laptop on floor, then calmly rise your right leg (left leg if you prefer) and with all your strength try to flatten laptop with sole of leg..... icon14.gif

C.2. for people with apple's notebook don't worry, the apple company has worked severly hard to already flatten your notebook for you.....they don't even come with cd drives, so don't worry that's a solution in itself. icon14.gif

C.3 for people with desktops......contact kuneyit09 on this one....he seems to understand more than anyone else the inners and outers of gaming in PC's.

D. starup pc....load gta iv....if you get low fps....shut down pc...then pray.....or ask santa...christmas is a comin......

For more "wise" information, contact kuneyit09 at "Professor Einstein".yahoo.com (don't forget the quotes)
or phone in at 1-800-9876-I'm not a retard again 1-800-9876-I'm not a retard, and remember it's toll free, and kuneyit09 aims to "preserve" the well being of all of ya'll PC's and sanities, and callin in is toll free......sigh atleast now I now there'lll be no more problems for GTA IV players, .....the world is at "peace"......tootles...... icon14.gif

Kuneyit09 cannot be held liable for any damages to PC's, use method at your own risk...call now limited offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kunyit09
  • kunyit09

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:45 AM

some people here dont know about pc but want talk about pc....i just can LOL....

learn google first before want talk abou pc...

http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a

bp2018
  • bp2018

Cheese Doodle

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:27 AM

Turning off the page file isn't going to help at all, once the ram is full it will use the page file, so by turning it off all you are doing is causing it to dump out needed files which might increase framerate but its going to cause things not to render, hell, lets all just delete files from the gta 4 directory, if it doesn't have to render anything we will get great FPS!

Just no, coupled with the fact the benchmark has been edited... complete bollocks. catspider.gif

Its not an issue with the computer, its an issue with the software causing a memory leak, users with 1gb of ram need not even apply to the complaining since they are below spec, people with 2gb also need not apply as it requires a software patch, and disabling the games access to more memory is not going to help, only cause the game to bomb out quicker, those with more ram won't need to disable the page file as it shouldn't use more than 2gb for the game unless again, it has a memory leak, so please, go back to console land.

Also if you read your post you would notice that more than just the pagefile was altered, your video driver version has changed.... so either you updated it, or you swapped out the card, either way the benchmark was unfair to start with, secondly the benchmark tool is utter crud anyway, for all we know all you did was remove a stick of ram so it appears like more ram is being used, now that may sound silly, but since the benchmark stats dont even match up, then i'd say something aint right. monocle.gif

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:45 AM

I found one tweak that really helped. You know how 1+1=2 right. So if you have moar than one computer, put them together. I got these special wires that connect my labtop, my current desktop along with another from 04 and my first from 98. By putting it together, I now have a five core CPU and liek 1.5gb gpu nvidia ati something. fraps is showing 25 fps, darn it!

Irrati0nal
  • Irrati0nal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:09 AM

The first tip off that this is complete BS is... P3 Xeon? Srsly? LMAO. Could possibly get 45 FPS in GTA2...

The benchmark does that with alot of CPU's including all current Core i7's you bloody imbecile.

iamnotyou
  • iamnotyou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

Your one of those people that do not read the whole thread before posting arn't you Irrati0nal?

fiik
  • fiik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:34 AM

My Q9400 shows as an Xeon as well. Maybe because R* say GTAIV is for future PCs they didn't bother updating microcodes. tounge.gif

Disable pagefile hhmm...my mobo supports up to 16GB RAM...might install vista 64bit and throw in another 14GB RAM and try it tounge2.gif

ciphrix
  • ciphrix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (DeepSnoozer @ Dec 16 2008, 19:55)
and you changed the video card / video driver version because.....

?

Pack 3
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 3870 (this had a 4870 before i could copy paste it!)
Video Driver version: 6.14.10.6879
Audio Adapter: Realtek HD Audio output
Intel Pentium III Xeon processor

File ID: benchmark.cli

after
CODE 
Statistics
Average FPS: 45.80
Duration: 36.98 sec
CPU Usage: 87%
System memory usage: 93%
Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1024 x 768 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 91
Detail Distance: 92

Hardware
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 3870
Video Driver version: 6.14.10.6891

p.s.
This post has been edited by kunyit09 on Dec 16 2008, 19:55 
Dont edit your own thread faking benchmarks you stupid infantil

What I want to know is what is a "infantil"? I wikied it but found nothing and google linked to a youtube video of a really fat baby, wtf cry.gif

nynth.plague
  • nynth.plague

Grand Master Flash

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:45 AM

But i think kuneyit09 has a point.

I mean if you turn pagefile off... it should speed things up. Just by doing so i got 30+ FPS

Just check my benchmarks below:

BEFORE

CODE
Statistics
Average FPS: 34.86
Duration: 37.26 sec
CPU Usage: 84%
System memory usage: 59%

Graphics Settings

Hardware
Service Pack 3

AFTER

CODE
Statistics
Average FPS: 63.80

Graphics Settings

Hardware
Service Pack 3
Video Adapter: 3 X Nvidia GTX280
Video Driver version: 8.0.1.5459
Intel Core i7 920

File ID: Benchmark.cli

kuneyit09 Fail icon13.gif ?

punisher.ita
  • punisher.ita

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:53 AM

I really HATE these guys, perhaps more than R* ones.

punisher.ita
  • punisher.ita

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (nynth.plague @ Dec 17 2008, 06:45)
But i think kuneyit09 has a point.

I mean if you turn pagefile off... it should speed things up. Just by doing so i got 30+ FPS

Just check my benchmarks below:

BEFORE

CODE
Statistics
Average FPS: 34.86
Duration: 37.26 sec
CPU Usage: 84%
System memory usage: 59%

Graphics Settings

Hardware
Service Pack 3

AFTER

CODE
Statistics
Average FPS: 63.80

Graphics Settings

Hardware
Service Pack 3
Video Driver version: 8.0.1.5459
Intel Core i7 920

File ID: Benchmark.cli

kuneyit09 Fail icon13.gif ?

ROTFL mate, you rock!

CEMEH_CEMEHbl4
  • CEMEH_CEMEHbl4

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 17 2008, 06:54)

f*cking Awesome man! biggrin.gif

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:21 AM Edited by Axeman420, 17 December 2008 - 08:39 AM.

Actually, turning off the pagefile can help in some cases.

The pagefile, it basically uses your HD as ram when your real ram is full, paging is much slower due to HD's being much slower than physical memory, and this can cause choppies/lag/etc,..

But, you need lots of ram to do this, and some games actually rely on the pagefile(Kotor complains if you don't have one..), so disabling it can cause problems, but in GTA IV's case, I think this might could help, if you have at least 4gb, for an XP system(x64, 32bit only supports 2-3gb), and about 8gb for Vista...(Alright, 4gb might be enough..)

But, it will not break your computer as some seem to think, if this breaks your computer, I hate to tell you, your computer was already broken..

Disabling the pagefile is harmless, but not guaranteed to help, since some apps/games depend on its existence, but the OS itself is quite capable of running without it, hence the option to disable it.. wink.gif

--

Edit: Just to clarify, what I mean by depending on the pagefile, basically they use an ass load of ram, more than most systems have, so they expect the pagefile to expand to hold the resources, they will work without one, but performance would actually be worse, but only if you didn't have the physical ram necessary to cover what they try to store..

And don't forget the OS still needs ram too.. Along with everything else, so it will probably take even more than I suggested above, consider those minimum specs..

punisher.ita
  • punisher.ita

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Axeman420 @ Dec 17 2008, 08:21)

The pagefile, it basically uses your HD as ram when your real ram is full, paging is much slower due to HD's being much slower than physical memory, and this can cause choppies/lag/etc,..

But, you need lots of ram to do this, and some games actually rely on the pagefile(Kotor complains if you don't have one..), so disabling it can cause problems, but in GTA IV's case, I think this might could help, if you have at least 4gb, for an XP system(x64, 32bit only supports 2-3gb), and about 8gb for Vista...(Alright, 4gb might be enough..)

But, it will not break your computer as some seem to think, if this breaks your computer, I hate to tell you, your computer was already broken..

Disabling the pagefile is harmless, but not guaranteed to help, since some apps/games depend on its existence, but the OS itself is quite capable of running without it, hence the option to disable it.. wink.gif

The problem is that the starter is an idiot, like more it seems... posting FAKE BENCHMARKS to let us think the sh*t he says can help us. PATHETIC.

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 17 2008, 08:33)

The problem is that the starter is an idiot, like more it seems... posting FAKE BENCHMARKS to let us think the sh*t he says can help us. PATHETIC.

Yeah, I get ya.. smile.gif

I just read a few post by people saying it would hurt your PC, and was thinking, no, no it won't..

Btw, I liked the cat suggestion, so I tried it, my PC is now running on three alley cats, my FPS are astronomically high, they're in the thousands now.. biggrin.gif

I would water cool it as suggested, but I don't think the cats would like it too much..

punisher.ita
  • punisher.ita

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Axeman420 @ Dec 17 2008, 08:45)
QUOTE (punisher.ita @ Dec 17 2008, 08:33)

Yeah, I get ya.. smile.gif

I just read a few post by people saying it would hurt your PC, and was thinking, no, no it won't..

Btw, I liked the cat suggestion, so I tried it, my PC is now running on three alley cats, my FPS are astronomically high, they're in the thousands now.. biggrin.gif

I would water cool it as suggested, but I don't think the cats would like it too much..

Sure... it won't do anything except for making you lose your time.

NecroViolator
  • NecroViolator

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

The 5??? series of Xeon is built on 4Cores of the P3...
C2D is not Quad Core...Even the C2Quad (Q6600) isnt really Quad Core, its 2 Cores doing stuff until all cores are utilized...
And in game it would say " Intel® Xeon® CPU E5??? @ ?.??GHz "

I play on :
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Video Driver version: 180.84
Audio Adapter: Speakers (2- SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio)
Intel® Xeon® CPU X7460 @ 2.66GHz

And get only max 30FPS on 800x600 with everything on LOWEST...
Go Figure... sad.gif ...

Total crap...

gwalker
  • gwalker

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (NecroViolator @ Dec 17 2008, 12:15)
C2D is not Quad Core...Even the C2Quad (Q6600) isnt really Quad Core, its 2 Cores doing stuff until all cores are utilized...
And in game it would say " Intel® Xeon® CPU E5??? @ ?.??GHz "

I play on :
Service Pack 1

Go Figure... sad.gif ...

Total crap...

Turn everything up, your FPS will hardly change.

It's totaly FUBAR.

DeepSnoozer
  • DeepSnoozer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (ciphrix @ Dec 17 2008, 06:40)
QUOTE (DeepSnoozer @ Dec 16 2008, 19:55)
and you changed the video card / video driver version because.....

?

Pack 3
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 3870 (this had a 4870 before i could copy paste it!)

after
CODE 
Statistics
Average FPS: 45.80

Graphics Settings

Hardware
Service Pack 3
Video Driver version: 6.14.10.6891

p.s.
This post has been edited by kunyit09 on Dec 16 2008, 19:55 
Dont edit your own thread faking benchmarks you stupid infantil

What I want to know is what is a "infantil"? I wikied it but found nothing and google linked to a youtube video of a really fat baby, wtf cry.gif

an infantyle (i know i wront infantil it's how it's spelled in Portuguese and i didnt paid attention that i was making a mistake) is a words probably from the slang it originates from "infant" , an infantyle person is someone with a little children's mind , so when i am calling him stupid infantyle pelleck i am actually telling him you're just a whinning stupid idiotic little baby who deservs to be kicked in the balls as soon as they drop!

NecroViolator
  • NecroViolator

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (gwalker @ Dec 17 2008, 12:21)
QUOTE (NecroViolator @ Dec 17 2008, 12:15)
And in game it would say " Intel® Xeon® CPU          E5???  @ ?.??GHz "

I play on :
Service Pack 1
Intel® Xeon® CPU          X7460  @ 2.66GHz
Intel® Xeon® CPU          X7460  @ 2.66GHz

Go Figure... sad.gif ...

Total crap...

Turn everything up, your FPS will hardly change.

It's totaly FUBAR.

LOL...

Yeh, I noticed the higher everything I turn up the faster the game goes...WTF ???
Also, I cant turn the "visual distance" over 1 or else total LAG and game stutters like a broken record... sad.gif ...

OMFG, what a cluster F...

postem
  • postem

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Irrati0nal @ Dec 17 2008, 06:09)

The benchmark does that with alot of CPU's including all current Core i7's you bloody imbecile.

As i said, the engine is so sh*t that all cpus are xeon. I even think that if you manage to run on 486 it will looks like Xeon.

I guess on the Benchmark routine the place where it reads "Xeon" means to be a variable or placeholder, but some lazy programmer, instead of reading the value of cpu, just put a constant "xeon" on the label.

StingRhea
  • StingRhea

I hate Ikonboard ERRORS

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (postem @ Dec 17 2008, 03:48)
QUOTE (DeepSnoozer @ Dec 16 2008, 20:27)
QUOTE (kunyit09 @ Dec 16 2008, 20:05)
lol....just share....it up to you...wanna try or not...dont flame people...

that why another gta gamer dont want share their tips...because your attitude....

kid you seriously need to stop playing gta and start playing with yourself

like masturbating?

someone shove his keyboard into his ass and the mouse into his mouth.

postem
  • postem

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

No its just stupid idea. Some processes demand pagging, and even if you disable it, pagging still happen, but on a worse manner.

Let the page where it is. Just reboot on clean boot, and all the background apps will be shut down, so all the things taking memory will not start, and you have the best amount of memory avaliable.

monsinjor
  • monsinjor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hi guys...
Now I will ask probably stupid question... again...

I have this pagefile (around 1.5 Gb) on disc C (where the windows are)
Can I this pagefile put on another disc?

I have C and D partition (but it is with IDE cable and the Windows are installed on C) and F and G (SATA disc, and GTA is installed on G)
and C partition is very small (10 GB), it is just for windows so I want to replace pagefile on F or G partition.

Is this possible and OK?

Thank you in advance

DeepSnoozer
  • DeepSnoozer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (monsinjor @ Dec 17 2008, 12:59)
Now I will ask probably stupid question... again...

nuff said

NecroViolator
  • NecroViolator

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (postem @ Dec 17 2008, 12:49)
QUOTE (Irrati0nal @ Dec 17 2008, 06:09)

As i said, the engine is so sh*t that all cpus are xeon. I even think that if you manage to run on 486 it will looks like Xeon.

I guess on the Benchmark routine the place where it reads "Xeon" means to be a variable or placeholder, but some lazy programmer, instead of reading the value of cpu, just put a constant "xeon" on the label.

Uhh.h.....

NO, I PLAY ON XEON... Dual Xeon (2CPUs)/Quad Core (8Cores)... I have 2 Xeon computers...One slower than the other...
My brother has Q6600 and gets more FPS than my computer and I have a superior computer than his...

HOLY CRAP, I get it...
The better the computer the sh!t!er it plays...DAMN... WOW, why didnt I get it the first time round... sneaky2.gif

LordJonas
  • LordJonas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (ASiT @ Dec 16 2008, 20:33)
im not going to say this guy is right but my e8400 shows up as a Xeon processor or whatever it is too ...sooo...ya tounge.gif

...same here....not saying he isn't lying about the page file but my e8400 shows up that way as well

mthmob
  • mthmob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

smile.gif thx for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users