» «
Photo

SHOCK: GTA4 ported from PLAYSTATION 3

80 replies to this topic
spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:41 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 16 December 2008 - 11:45 PM.

The ultimate proof is a text that says ps3?

The game has to be rewritten somewhat so the video editor feature would work. It's impossible to recreate this game from the ground up and still have the same gameplay.

Millenia
  • Millenia

Gunz 'R Us

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Jackmackg @ Dec 16 2008, 23:20)
just wondering. how many of you have made a multi million dollar game for the 360 then ported it to ps3? And then made it for pc? You might say they did a bad job but its a lot better than any thing you could do.

I think I can and will do better 3d models or textures than them once tools are available tounge.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (MMhardKy @ Dec 16 2008, 23:28)
just wondering. how many of you have made a multi million dollar game for the 360 then ported it to ps3? And then made it for pc? You might say they did a bad job but its a lot better than any thing you could do.

Well that is the same as if my father who is a brain surgueon would mess up an operation and then told to the family: "well how many brains did you made an operation on?"

IMO, it isn't really the same. If you are responsible for someones health, you won't be a lazy ass bitch and say "Hell, who f*cking cares? This guy is going to die..."

There's a huge difference in that, and porting a game really... Lame thing is how you compared these things confused.gif

And seriously, stop being an impatient fag, and wait for a working fix from Rockstar's side...

The only interesting thing is that, I've already tried the game out on two different systems (both of them uses Dual-Core CPUs) with an Nvidia 7300 GS and a Radeon 2400 Pro, and apart from the FPS count, there weren't any bugs smile.gif (And I had 25 FPS average on the radeon card.. which is kinda funny.

WaveBossa
  • WaveBossa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Dec 16 2008, 23:48)

Well that is the same as if my father who is a brain surgueon would mess up an operation and then told to the family: "well how many brains did you made an operation on?"

IMO, it isn't really the same. If you are responsible for someones health, you won't be a lazy ass bitch and say "Hell, who f*cking cares? This guy is going to die..."

There's a huge difference in that, and porting a game really... Lame thing is how you compared these things confused.gif

And seriously, stop being an impatient fag, and wait for a working fix from Rockstar's side...

The only interesting thing is that, I've already tried the game out on two different systems (both of them uses Dual-Core CPUs) with an Nvidia 7300 GS and a Radeon 2400 Pro, and apart from the FPS count, there weren't any bugs smile.gif (And I had 25 FPS average on the radeon card.. which is kinda funny.

Yes, he is an impatient fa**ot for wanting his game to work when he buys it!!!

Aaargh, the sheer impudence of wanting something to work correctly when it is purchased?!? I cannot, and will NOT stand for it.

You sir, jackmackg, must have hubris coming out of your arse for expect R* to release a completed game...

HOW DARE YOU!?!

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:22 AM Edited by Jackmackg, 17 December 2008 - 01:05 AM.

Heres the thing. the game does work. it works just fine on my hardware. I got to say its a little glitch here and there but it is playable at 40-50 fps.

so its up to the user. its not there fault that you dont have sub par hardware for the job. But its not like there not trying. they want there games to run on there hardware. they would get more and happy customers.

But you can look at it two ways. The way people always assume is "Its there job and they get payed to make it work. but they are just lazy dumb people that dont know how to make a pc game." or you look at this way "This must be hard to do even when people are getting payed to do it."

its just that i have done little programing here and there for fun and its quite and achievement from looking at this game for that stand point. look at windows. microsoft has thousands of programmers and windows is still not perfect.

UKExtremist
  • UKExtremist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:54 AM Edited by UKExtremist, 17 December 2008 - 01:01 AM.

QUOTE (Jackmackg @ Dec 17 2008, 00:22)
Heres the thing. the game does work. it works just fine on my hardware. I got to say its a little glitch here and there but it is playable at 40-50 fps.

so its up to the user. its not there fault that you dont have sub par hardware for the job. But its not like there trying. they want there games to run on there hardware. they would get more and happy customers.

But you can look at it two ways. The way people always assume is "Its there job and they get payed to make it work. but they are just lazy dumb people that dont know how to make a pc game." or you look at this way "This must be hard to do even when people are getting payed to do it."

its just that i have done little programing here and there for fun and its quite and achievement from looking at this game for that stand point. look at windows. microsoft has thousands of programmers and windows is still not perfect.

I agree that most people's rig is not up to running gta over 25 fps my pc included but they did not say that you need a quad core cpu in there minimum settings and that is false advertising in my eyes.

I only have a pentium d 3.2ghz going to upgrade to a q6600 next week then there's hope i also have 4gb corsair ram and a ati 3870 512 mb

I know its not the best but i know its my cpu letting me down as its at 95% in benchmark and ram and gpu are at about 60% so hopefully then i will be able to get above 30 fps

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:08 AM Edited by MasterK, 17 December 2008 - 01:10 AM.

QUOTE (WaveBossa @ Dec 16 2008, 23:54)

Aaargh, the sheer impudence of wanting something to work correctly when it is purchased?!? I cannot, and will NOT stand for it.

You sir, jackmackg, must have hubris coming out of your arse for expect R* to release a completed game...

HOW DARE YOU!?!

You know that you are a moron? When did anyone here say that the game isn't running on his system... I mean it wont start?

Seriously, I didn't read anything about it in this topic... I'm not saying that you are a moron if the game isn't even running... but most of the people here just can't stop complaining about how the game is buggy, and has texture filtering issues and such, and I could count how many of them bought an original copy of it on one hand. catspider.gif

Lutra78
  • Lutra78

MGMT

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:08 AM

Had to laugh as I read the Title of this thread.

REALLY??? cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

WaveBossa
  • WaveBossa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Dec 17 2008, 01:08)

HOW DARE YOU!?!

You know that you are a moron? When did anyone here say that the game isn't running on his system... I mean it wont start?

Seriously, I didn't read anything about it in this topic... I'm not saying that you are a moron if the game isn't even running... but most of the people here just can't stop complaining about how the game is buggy, and has texture filtering issues and such, and I could count how many of them bought an original copy of it on one hand. catspider.gif

hmmm, I just found it extremely arrogant that you called everyone who expected a working game at the time of purchase an "impatient fag"

And explain to me how I am a moron and what my post has anything to do with piracy

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:33 AM Edited by MasterK, 17 December 2008 - 01:43 AM.

And where did I state that if someone wants a working game, he/she is an impatient fag? I'm talking about those who are complaining in every second about how the game is buggy and how it isn't running with 600000 FPS on the highest settings possible, when they don't even own a decent rig, which could run San Andreas properly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't say anything about those who can't play because the game isn't running on their computers...

And the piracy thing was really just a comment from my side, since I KNOW that most of these whiney 12-year-olds didn't buy the game, but downloaded it. dozingoff.gif

Maybe you should learn to read properly. You've already learnt how to make up things what aren't even in an other person's post, so basicly it shouldn't be that hard smile.gif

BTW, sorry for calling you names, this isn't really a good day for me.

I'm now stopping OffTopic stuff, because I don't want to be banned/warned because of this. wink.gif

MrKlorox
  • MrKlorox

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (ArecBalrin @ Dec 16 2008, 13:57)
The puzzle for me is, if this is ported at all from the 360, how come we can't even force AA when the console is able to?

The consoles do not use AA either. What the consoles do have however is that painted effect that dithers and blurs the image (especially at distance) to simulate AA and provide a non-hideous DOF effect. Funny that the bitching about it from PC users caused them to take it out of the PC version (except in cutscenes) ... which makes it look worse than it should.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:47 AM

Uhm, you can press P while playing to enable motion blur..

WaveBossa
  • WaveBossa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:48 AM Edited by WaveBossa, 17 December 2008 - 01:52 AM.

QUOTE (MasterK @ Dec 17 2008, 01:33)
And where did I state that if someone wants a working game, he/she is an impatient fag? I'm talking about those who are complaining in every second about how the game is buggy and how it isn't running with 600000 FPS on the highest settings possible, when they don't even own a decent rig, which could run San Andreas properly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't say anything about those who can't play because the game isn't running on their computers...

And the piracy thing was really just a comment from my side, since I KNOW that most of these whiney 12-year-olds didn't buy the game, but downloaded it. dozingoff.gif

Maybe you should learn to read properly. You've already learnt how to make up things what aren't even in an other person's post, so basicly it shouldn't be that hard smile.gif

You know what, I wrote a long ass post, but I just erased. You are full of bullsh*t. People have put up their specs and guess what... THEY ARE ABOVE RECCOMENDED. No one is asking for 60000fps, this is NOT the crysis effect.

What this is is a game that came out far to early and you are calling us impatient fags for believing that it came out too early

MrKlorox
  • MrKlorox

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

Uhm, motion blur is not DOF blur.

ArecBalrin
  • ArecBalrin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:59 AM

And Depth of Field is not AA. The 360 does use 2x AA, it is forced on in all games. The PS3 doesn't unless the game specifically uses it.

I'd like to see a source for the claim that PC users wanted DoF taking out. I would have thought the overwhelming majority would have preffered it as a graphic option. Most PC users like a lot of graphic options, how R* Toronto got that so wrong is just bizzarre and so too is the ridiculous restriction.

Rockstar's silence is abominable, I'm waiting for the confirmation that the game will actually be fixed so I can just go out and buy it and no longer stress over it on the internet. I invested too much expectation I guess.

MrKlorox
  • MrKlorox

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:05 AM Edited by MrKlorox, 17 December 2008 - 02:08 AM.

The dither effect used for DOF simulates AA, like I said. I didn't say they wanted DOF taken out, I said they wanted the dithered "bob ross" effect taken out... however they're obviously tied together.

I would like a source saying all 360 games require 2x FSAA forced on.

Ricksta
  • Ricksta

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:12 AM

well it could of been 360, or funny enough, ps3... that is such an amazing discovery.. whatsthat.gif

z3ro7
  • z3ro7

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:32 AM Edited by z3ro7, 17 December 2008 - 05:34 AM.

This game, like other games have a base structure, and from that base they port to every platform, and not the opposite, so that "PS3" is Pixel Shader 3 and not PlayStation3 ... your theory is because PS3 use nvidia...But for your information, PS3 dont use DirectX, so why in the f*cking world they would port this game from PS3?!...

Some people here probably make some DEV from Rockstar laugh alot...

Someday, people will say the game is the XBOX version.. and when we press the "P" button to enable the motion blur, is the activation for PS3 version...

antimonitor
  • antimonitor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:45 AM

Every time I come here and read a thread like this, I get slightly dumber, but it's like a car crash, I just can't look away.

ps3 probably stands for pixel shader 3.0, which is a widely used dx9 effect.

I thought the people @ guru3d were dumb, this place is just on a level of it's own.

360 is much easier to port over and work with than playstation 3, if this thing were the playstation 3 port, we'd have even more issues than the ten foot long list we already have.

z3ro7
  • z3ro7

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:53 AM Edited by z3ro7, 17 December 2008 - 05:57 AM.

QUOTE (antimonitor @ Dec 17 2008, 05:45)
Every time I come here and read a thread like this, I get slightly dumber, but it's like a car crash, I just can't look away.

ps3 probably stands for pixel shader 3.0, which is a widely used dx9 effect.

I thought the people @ guru3d were dumb, this place is just on a level of it's own.

360 is much easier to port over and work with than playstation 3, if this thing were the playstation 3 port, we'd have even more issues than the ten foot long list we already have.

you know, some people just dont know or dont try to do a better research about DEV...

The biggest problem for Game DEV is the PS3... and we saw some games that released after on PS3...like Alone in the Dark... because is alot more hard to code in PS3...
and if some people here dont know.. the XBOX is 720p and PS3 not, and the PS3 have power to run the game with 720p.. but they used lower and made an upscale, because the huge problems they faced coding GTA IV on PS3...it was a really hard work to made the game run on PS3...

SO.... PORT from PS3.............. Forget....

I saw this along time ago.. but ... could help to someone
http://www.gamesindu...v-delay-analyst

Irrati0nal
  • Irrati0nal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (DragTom @ Dec 16 2008, 19:41)
Your are all wrong biggrin.gif

Of course the PC Version it is ported from the XBOX 360 AND PS3. Easy proof? 7GB for the X360 + 7GB for the PS = 14 GB for PC, muhahahaha
devil.gif

I loled.

z3ro7
  • z3ro7

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:08 AM

LOL... lol.gif ... that was simply the best answer!

CEMEH_CEMEHbl4
  • CEMEH_CEMEHbl4

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Jackmackg @ Dec 16 2008, 17:29)
ps3 could mean something other than play station.

but BloomIntensityClamp.SD.ps3 variable - does not work!

only above two strings affect BLOOM!! tounge2.gif

so its clear that this parameter is not Pixel Shader 3...
especially with value 5.00...

mrgreen999
  • mrgreen999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

I would have thought the bigger giveaway that this is a sloppy port is when you go into controller options in the GTA4 PC menus, you get a picture of an xbox 360 controller. Any other game with a diagram of this sort on the PC would have a picture of a mouse and keyboard if anything.
I paid for this game legitimately, it runs at a perfectly acceptable fps on my box, but I still think its a buggy mess. It doesn't take a genius to see the lack of polish on this game.

Nillansan
  • Nillansan

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

HOW DARE YOU!?!

+1 lol.gif

Axeman420
  • Axeman420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:26 AM Edited by Axeman420, 17 December 2008 - 09:37 AM.

Speak for yourself.

I happen to be a programmer, and I would be embarrassed if I released something this damn buggy.

Furthermore, they have unhappy customers, these customers have a right to complain, thats how sh*t gets fixed, if everyone acted all pussified, and just went "Meh, they did their best.", nothing would get fixed.

The more noise they make, the more likely Rockstar is to fix it, thats how this works, I've reported several bugs to companies over the years, and nothing happened.

I complained to ATI at least three times about their drivers not cleaning themselves out properly, forcing you to use a third party tool, like Driver Cleaner Pro, or Driver Sweeper to clean up the remnants.

They haven't fixed this yet, and its f*cking annoying, but I guarantee you, if about a million people started complaining constantly about the annoyance of having to use third party software to clean up their drivers, they would get off their asses and fix it..

So I'm happy you're happy with Rockstar, but not everyone is, and until they are, they are probably going to keep bitching, deal with it. tounge.gif

Btw, this is more of a general post, than one specifically aimed at you, I just figured I would tack this on, while I was in rant mode and all.. smile.gif The first part was for you though..

h34v3ns3nt
  • h34v3ns3nt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Sub12 @ Dec 16 2008, 18:07)
Like I said in another thread, EVERY GAME is developed on the PC. So you mean to say:

PC > PS3 > PC?

Makes no sense to me.

haha, so true

M-hacker
  • M-hacker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

sorry about the off topic....but can anyone give me the ''rigged to blow'' save file for gta iv?
please help!
sad.gif sad.gif

DXWarlock
  • DXWarlock

Forum Prowler

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (M-hacker @ Dec 17 2008, 10:36)
sorry about the off topic....but can anyone give me the ''rigged to blow'' save file for gta iv?
please help!
sad.gif sad.gif

talk about WAY off topic.

thats like at a funeral asking "hey anyone happen know if its 59 cent hamburgers at McDonald's today?" off topic material.
couldnt you at least picked a thread with SOME tiny bit of a shred of relevance to your question?

cigarettes
  • cigarettes

cancer sticks

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

anyone play it on a laptop?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users