Photo

~! Ultimate GTAIV Performance Fix !~

1,158 replies to this topic
MonkeyMhz
  • MonkeyMhz

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:45 AM

Just create a text file and name it commandline.txt, then put it into the folder where you installed GTAIV.

But really, I don't think there's much of a use for this tweak anymore since with the new patches released for GTAIV you can adjust the reflections/shadows/water quality directly from the game menu.

ducados17
  • ducados17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

where can i download the patch and what is the patch name ?

is my pc good enough to play this game ??

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

Checkout the FAQ.

ducados17
  • ducados17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

i have install the patch GTAIV_Patch_1.0.2.0, and i have set every thing to the lowest.. it improve a bit but it still lag when i driving fast or many police come after me... what else can i do to improve the lag.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Again, check the FAQ. It all depends how far you're willing to take it.

needrogue
  • needrogue

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

WHERE IS THE COMMAND.TXT AND WHAT IS IT?!?!!?!?!?I mean I made a text file in the GTA folder and it's won't work...I named it command.txt and it still doesn't work...either the windowed mode... I want an increase...I run on 4870 1gb gddr5 graphics card and an pentium D(2 cores)3.00 GHZ...All my setting set to high...(including high detail witch is BTW is taking 450 more vram then the med!!! mercie_blink.gif )Now can you help me please?And please put some pictures!!!Thanks!!

P.S:It's running on 10-25 fps!!!!!Help me!!I can't play!!!(wanna know why?No it's not the fps...When I enter the game I play for around 10-30 secs and then boom!My comp RESTARTS!!!! suicidal.gif HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MonkeyMhz
  • MonkeyMhz

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Its commandline.txt

Next time read my post a bit more thouroghly please. wink.gif

needrogue
  • needrogue

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

OMG YOU DIDN'T READ MY POST?!?!?!I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!WHEN I ENTER THE GAME FOR ABOUT 10-30 SECS BOOM IT RESTARTS!! rampage_ani.gif OMG OMG OMG P[LEASE HELP I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!EVEN THE START IS BEUTIFUL!AND BTW CAN YOU GIVE ME THE MAGIC WHAT EVER FOR V1.0.2.0 BECAUSE THE V1.0.1.0 DOESN'T WORK...PLZ I'M BEGGING YO HELP ME EVEN THE START LOOKS COOL!and I did call it commandline.txt but nothing!I put -windowed nothing...I put -height 1240 weith or whatever 1020 and still no results...I got 1GB but a crappy proccesor(bought it 3 years ago!and still it passes recommend on crysis!So does my graphics card...But on GTAIV you need a really good processor...Well can you help me?PLEASE...AND READ THE HOLE COMMENT!!!

P.S:I noticed that there is a blue screen and there's something wrote on it...I wasn't fast enough to read it and then it restarted...ALL MY OTHER GAMES WORK FINE!!games like crysis and fear 2 and gears of war...So I doubt it's something with my computer...Maybe reinstall it? confused.gif

MonkeyMhz
  • MonkeyMhz

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (needrogue @ Mar 18 2009, 05:49)
OMG YOU DIDN'T READ MY POST?!?!?!I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!WHEN I ENTER THE GAME FOR ABOUT 10-30 SECS BOOM IT RESTARTS!! rampage_ani.gif OMG OMG OMG P[LEASE HELP I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!EVEN THE START IS BEUTIFUL!AND BTW CAN YOU GIVE ME THE MAGIC WHAT EVER FOR V1.0.2.0 BECAUSE THE V1.0.1.0 DOESN'T WORK...PLZ I'M BEGGING YO HELP ME EVEN THE START LOOKS COOL!and I did call it commandline.txt but nothing!I put -windowed nothing...I put -height 1240 weith or whatever 1020 and still no results...I got 1GB but a crappy proccesor(bought it 3 years ago!and still it passes recommend on crysis!So does my graphics card...But on GTAIV you need a really good processor...Well can you help me?PLEASE...AND READ THE HOLE COMMENT!!!

P.S:I noticed that there is a blue screen and there's something wrote on it...I wasn't fast enough to read it and then it restarted...ALL MY OTHER GAMES WORK FINE!!games like crysis and fear 2 and gears of war...So I doubt it's something with my computer...Maybe reinstall it? confused.gif

Whats your systems specs?
And try to write down or tell us what it says on the blue screen.

Devils Dog
  • Devils Dog

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

Thanks smile.gif
Am now getting around 28 FPS

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (MonkeyMhz @ Mar 16 2009, 20:45)
I don't think there's much of a use for this tweak anymore since with the new patches released for GTAIV you can adjust the reflections/shadows/water quality directly from the game menu.

you heard it here first.
time to unsticky the thread tounge2.gif

honestly everything this "tweak" did is now included in the latest version of the game.

MonkeyMhz
  • MonkeyMhz

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Mar 18 2009, 20:10)
QUOTE (MonkeyMhz @ Mar 16 2009, 20:45)
I don't think there's much of a use for this tweak anymore since with the new patches released for GTAIV you can adjust the reflections/shadows/water quality directly from the game menu.

you heard it here first.
time to unsticky the thread tounge2.gif

honestly everything this "tweak" did is now included in the latest version of the game.

Yep, i agree.

From what I have seen now with the new patch theres not really any use for this tweak anymore, well at least I don't think so.

Some people claim it still gives better performance but I cannot confirm that and I have no evidence why it would since now both the patch and this tweak allow you to set the reflections.etc on low.

USE THE PATCH! NOT THIS TWEAK! Save yourself a headache.

needrogue
  • needrogue

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

OMG!!!Now it's just makes some sounds of error and the screen is black!Really black unlike loading black...It's darker...I think you tweaks ruined my GTA IV!!!NOW I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD 15GB AGAIN!!!!!!!and btw my specs are just fine...
CPU:Pentium D 2cores 3.00GHz
Video Card:ATI RADEON 4870HD GDDR5 1GB OF VMEM

neilthecellist
  • neilthecellist

GTAFORUMS VETERAN

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:36 PM Edited by neilthecellist, 19 March 2009 - 11:14 PM.

QUOTE (needrogue @ Mar 19 2009, 18:13)
OMG!!!Now it's just makes some sounds of error and the screen is black!Really black unlike loading black...It's darker...I think you tweaks ruined my GTA IV!!!NOW I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD 15GB AGAIN!!!!!!!and btw my specs are just fine...

Ok, first, you yell at us using CAPS to complain about your problems that we initially cared about.

Then you accuse us of not listening to you, and continue b!tching. We don't care anymore.

THEN you accuse the OP's tweaks that are causing your problems, rather than saying something a little more MATURE and diplomatic.

Then you PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE that you own a PIRATED COPY of GTA IV.

NOW I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD 15GB AGAIN!!!!!!!

The Steam version isn't 15 GB, just so you know, so don't lie and say you have the Steam version. Shove it, get the frak out of here and grow up, and come back when you're a man.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, 1 GB of vRAM (wtf is "VREM", anyway? Learn how to spell English or don't type at all) isn't enough for GTA IV PC for full details... at least not yet. Maybe if you actually READ the first post you'd actually have known this beforehand. icon13.gif

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:03 AM

If he did download a pirated copy, why would he not save it at least until he's done with the game? I guess its possible he's dumb enough not save it. Why would you have to reinstall just to undo this tweak? Maybe he did the "Additional Speed" for Vista users extra tweak? If that's the case then once again, backing up would have saved him loads of trouble. suicidal.gif

neilthecellist
  • neilthecellist

GTAFORUMS VETERAN

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (heat84 @ Mar 20 2009, 05:03)
If he did download a pirated copy, why would he not save it at least until he's done with the game? I guess its possible he's dumb enough not save it. Why would you have to reinstall just to undo this tweak? Maybe he did the "Additional Speed" for Vista users extra tweak? If that's the case then once again, backing up would have saved him loads of trouble. suicidal.gif

In any case, then it means that it's HIS fault. Yet he's so intent on blaming other people instead of accepting his own mistakes like a real, mature adult would.

Shame, kids these days.

MonkeyMhz
  • MonkeyMhz

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (needrogue @ Mar 19 2009, 18:13)

Even more disapointing about posts like this quoted one is that they aren't even trying. They expect me to baby step them along the way. First of all this tweak, which is NO LONGER REALLY NEEDED since the NEW PATCH has the options TO CHANGE THE WATER/REFLECTION/SHADOW Quality.

This tweak, was suposed to mainly be for people with weaker GPU's than CPU's. Thus why they were able to gain fps and stay in the same resolution. Because it would put the reflections/water/shadows down to a lower resolution or the resolution you tricked it into being. Thus it would take some load off the GPU.

If your CPU is the major bottleneck like mr. dumbass here. Well then this tweak probably wont help at all.

And wtf, download another 15gb. Go buy the game, or even better. Save that time from downloading, work for a lil bit. Buy a new cpu, then buy the game. And I bet all your problems will be solved.

Majority of the people on these forums have been very well mannered when it comes to troubles that they need help on, but all you do is yell and expect us to know what wrong. Oh wait, I know whats wrong, its you!.

needrogue
  • needrogue

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

Sorry for being such a dumb@ss but I forgot to tell a little VERY BIG PROBLEM!I LIVE IN ISRAEL!!I'M 12.5 YEARS OLD!I LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE THIS GAME COSTS 600NIS!(1 DOLLAR=4 NIS!)OMG!!!SO HOW THE HELL YOU EXPECT ME TO WORK..."DUMBASS" WHAT EVER THANKS FOR INSULTING ME @SSHOLE...AND THE VIDEO CARD COSTED ME 2000 NIS SO MY FATHER GOT -10000 NIS IN THE BANK!I DOUBT HE WILL BUY ME SOMTHING NOW! mercie_blink.gif

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

This game is M for Mature, which means you have to be at least 17 year old (18 in some countries) to buy this game.

needrogue
  • needrogue

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Neon25 @ Mar 21 2009, 10:45)
This game is M for Mature, which means you have to be at least 17 year old (18 in some countries) to buy this game.

LOL!I don't give a sh*t on the rating of the "M" I play fear fear2 and many other games like Bioshock and crysis...It doesn't effect me at all!Maybe it effects other kids but not me...As long as it fun I play it!I play FPS too!CoD and stuff...And the coolest game was FALLOUT3 I mean all the blood and the things went out of monsters(My vocabulary isn't good because I'M IN ISRAEL sorry for that...But I still very good in English for an Israeli boy of my age...)And I played dead space too...Well I played alot of games for M so I don't really give a sh*t about that rating of ages...So I really want to play GTAIV!

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (needrogue @ Mar 21 2009, 10:55)

LOL!I don't give a sh*t on the rating of the "M" I play fear fear2 and many other games like Bioshock and crysis...It doesn't effect me at all!Maybe it effects other kids but not me...As long as it fun I play it!I play FPS too!CoD and stuff...And the coolest game was FALLOUT3 I mean all the blood and the things went out of monsters(My vocabulary isn't good because I'M IN ISRAEL sorry for that...But I still very good in English for an Israeli boy of my age...)And I played dead space too...Well I played alot of games for M so I don't really give a sh*t about that rating of ages...So I really want to play GTAIV!

I think he means you're acting like an immature little brat and offering next to no insight as to what your problems are + ranting in caps about it all, chill out and quit acting like a kid and you will find help

also using the search function is generally a good idea icon14.gif

needrogue
  • needrogue

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

DUDE I'M 12.5 YEARS OLD I AM IMMATURE! mercie_blink.gif

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (needrogue @ Mar 21 2009, 13:35)
DUDE I'M 12.5 YEARS OLD I AM IMMATURE! mercie_blink.gif

which is why he brought up that you shouldnt be playing grand theft auto in the first place, besides use logic.

neilthecellist
  • neilthecellist

GTAFORUMS VETERAN

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (needrogue @ Mar 21 2009, 10:55)

Dude.

Shut up.

You've embarassed yourself enough.

The point we were getting at here is that you made a mistake and didn't admit it. Instead, you blamed it on other people, namely the person who posted this thread, he went through a LOT OF EFFORT to make this optimization guide for GTA IV. Rather than saying:

I like your performance fix, but it seems that I'm having a few problems. Can you help me out here?

Instead, you wrote:

OMG YOU DIDN'T READ MY POST?!?!?!I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!WHEN I ENTER THE GAME FOR ABOUT 10-30 SECS BOOM IT RESTARTS!! rampage_ani.gif OMG OMG OMG P[LEASE HELP I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!EVEN THE START IS BEUTIFUL!AND BTW CAN YOU GIVE ME THE MAGIC WHAT EVER FOR V1.0.2.0 BECAUSE THE V1.0.1.0 DOESN'T WORK...PLZ I'M BEGGING YO HELP ME EVEN THE START LOOKS COOL!

ALL MY OTHER GAMES WORK FINE!!games like crysis and fear 2 and gears of war...So I doubt it's something with my computer...Maybe reinstall it? confused.gif

I have a news flash for you: Everyone has problems with at LEAST one game on their computer. For me, it was Crysis. For you, it was GTA IV. You're not special, stop making yourself sound like you're Mr. Perfect. If you were Mr. Perfect, you wouldn't be on these forums asking for help, would you?

That's just rude. Plus you openly admitted that you illegally downloaded the game, as the Steam copy is only 13.2 gigabytes. The reason your download is 15 GB is because you're downloading full ISO disc images, I presume.

Also, your video card ain't that great. Your 4870 is notorious for microstuttering issues that have plagued the ATI HD 4xxx series since it first entered the market.

And your processor is weak for GTA IV. Just because you can play Crysis fine on a dual core doesn't mean anything. Not all games are equal. GTA IV recommends for a quad core processor. Maybe if you had actually BOUGHT THE GAME you would've learned what the recommended system requirements are.

Lastly, because I'm sick of your sh*t and your inability to take responsibility for your mistakes/actions/words, I'm reporting you. Get the frak off these forums.

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (neilthecellist @ Mar 23 2009, 13:15)
you openly admitted that you illegally downloaded the game, as the Steam copy is only 13.2 gigabytes. The reason your download is 15 GB is because you're downloading full ISO disc images, I presume.

What? No.

Your 4870 is notorious for microstuttering issues that have plagued the ATI HD 4xxx series since it first entered the market.

I've never heard of a "notorious" 4800 microstutter.

neilthecellist
  • neilthecellist

GTAFORUMS VETERAN

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:25 PM Edited by neilthecellist, 23 March 2009 - 06:29 PM.

QUOTE (Vicetopia @ Mar 23 2009, 18:17)
QUOTE (neilthecellist @ Mar 23 2009, 13:15)
you openly admitted that you illegally downloaded the game, as the Steam copy is only 13.2 gigabytes. The reason your download is 15 GB is because you're downloading full ISO disc images, I presume.

What? No.

Your 4870 is notorious for microstuttering issues that have plagued the ATI HD 4xxx series since it first entered the market.

I've never heard of a "notorious" 4800 microstutter.

http://www.pcgamesha...70-X2/Practice/

http://www.computerb...em_mikroruckler

Compared to other cards on the market:

http://www.pcgamesha...1&show=original

Visit any enthusiast video card community (i.e. EVGA Forums) for more on microstuttering. MS is a problem inherent to pretty much all next-generation cards, REGARDLESS of brand (i.e. Nvidia GeForce GT200's, ATI HD 4xxx). It's just that the ATI cards have it the worst.

I'm not looking for a fanboy argument here. I don't avidly support NVIDIA products. I did my research and bought my own for my own. I'm sure there are problems with my GTX 285 that I'm not aware of yet, but that has nothing to do with this troller's post about how "great" his computer is. If his computer is so great, then he wouldn't be having problems with GTA IV, so he wouldn't even be on these forums, now, would he?

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Ohh microstuttering.
Yes that's a wide known problem for all multi GPU setups.

neilthecellist
  • neilthecellist

GTAFORUMS VETERAN

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Vicetopia @ Mar 23 2009, 18:27)
Ohh microstuttering.
Yes that's a wide known problem for all multi GPU setups.

Yeah... I thought I said microstuttering the first time? *checks earlier post*

Yeah, I did.

Anyway, I'll be happy when this troller gets banned the frak off our forums. We don't need a negative force like him.

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:31 PM Edited by Vicetopia, 23 March 2009 - 06:35 PM.

QUOTE (neilthecellist @ Mar 23 2009, 13:29)
Yeah, I did.

Except he owns a single 4870.
And it doesn't "plague the 4xxx" series, it plagues multi-GPU setups. Those articles you linked are about the 4870X2 and GTX 295.

I thought you were referencing something like the old 8800GTX stuttering from years ago.
My mistake though, I confused credible information with anti-ATI fud.

MonkeyMhz
  • MonkeyMhz

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

Oh boy, Id just like to say to that kid from Israel.

Don't make your self look any stupider, smarten up. Even if your 12.5 years old you don't needa act like a jackass.

When you say things like:
"And the coolest game was FALLOUT3 I mean all the blood and the things went out of monsters"

It really makes you sound like you shouldn't be playing any games.

But lets put that all behind us.

First things first, if you can spend enough money for a 4870, why coulden't you buy GTAIV?

Guestimated Response: *Its expensive

Well then instead of spending so much on your computer and GPU, why didn't you buy a Xbox360 and just get GTAIV on that?.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users