23 replies to this topic
gibson33
  • gibson33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Hi, there,

Rockstar was a nice company for me, till now

I own not the fastest Computer, but I think it fits the needs of this lousy game.

-Hardware-
INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 - 2,83 GHz, Cache L2 12 MB Socket LGA775
Asus P5Q-Pro
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX
Asus 7950 GT (I know its not recommended, but when RS says minimum, I wana run it)

BUT why didi it take more than 40 minutes of loading the game???
I can see the nice paintings during the load, hear the music playing. Then music stops playing and loading still takes about 40 minutes. In 5 % of time GTA starts below 2 minutes.

Whats the reason for that, anybody can help

Send some mails to RS because of this, but they are not responding. Maybe they are afraid cause they didnt calculate some problems like we have with gta 4.

BTW: Did they ever test this game before release?????

BG

Gibson33

fischju
  • fischju

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

I have no idea what it is doing during the loading, but I don't think it is heavily reliant on HDD speed (strange for a loading screen) because it took exactly the same time to load when I changed over from a single HDD to RAID.

GTA IV performance isn't a science, it's an art. I haven't seen anybody else with your problem, so I don't have any homeopathic remedies or particular voodoo.

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

40 minutes? For real?
suicidal.gif

Enigma[UK]
  • Enigma[UK]

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

40 minutes! Wow that shows dedication!

Kymic
  • Kymic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

Hi !

I had the same problem... But me, I didn't wait 40 minutes, I rebooted GTA IV... But the problem was that my game loaded fine like 2% of the time....

I have found a solution. Actually I don't log in to LIVE before playing, so I start a new game without login to live and like that GTA IV load fine !!!! and then when game is loaded, I log in to LIVE, and load my currently game.

I hope that will help you, and I hope I was clear enough wink.gif

And I am sorry for English mistakes, I am a french guy !!!!

gibson33
  • gibson33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:18 AM

Hi,

I know this little "trick" but it doesn't work every time. i don't want to start my pc for more than 10 times till it works. Why cant Rockstar fix the bugs or just send me back my money biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

johncage
  • johncage

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

i believe it's possible to get a refund. there was a thread about it. also try their official site for info.

but just a suggestion, if you do return the game, you can still play using a securom bypasser.

Quemical
  • Quemical

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:32 AM

Silly question. Do you ever defrag your hard drive?

StoneCold_ZA
  • StoneCold_ZA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

Add the -novblank parameter to your commandlist.txt file in your GTA IV folder, if you don't have such a txt file, just create it, and it that command, it also speeds up the loading process.

It did speed it up for me, maybe it will help for you as well smile.gif

spudz47
  • spudz47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

The 40 minute loading was the exact same problem I had with my game. Sometimes it runs fast, sometimes it hangs. I didn't have the patience to wait 40 minutes...

MattHackin
  • MattHackin

"Just admiring the shape of your skull."

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:56 AM

40 minutes? Wow, that sounds like an exaggeration especially with your setup.

I'm sure I have one of the worst rigs of anyone on here, playing (if you can really call if that) on an Athlon 3500+ 2.2 ghz with 1gb of old as sh*t ram and a new GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb but I've never had to wait 40 minutes.

The loading times are often quite long especially when loading caberat performances and some of the missions maybe up to a max of 7-8 minutes (rarely), but usually I'm only waiting 30 seconds or so.

It seems weird that you would be waiting that long...

gibson33
  • gibson33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

Silly question. Do you ever defrag your hard drive?

Yes I defrag after installation. It's a brand newe setup with a brand new hardware.

My Specs: INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 - 2,83 GHz, Cache L2 12 MB Socket LGA775
Asus P5Q-Pro
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX
Asus 7950 GT

that should fit the insane needs of GTA4 except the Graphic Card. But it should work, so get it to work. The main load of GTA 4 has to be done by the CPU, some Magazines told me.

Add the -novblank parameter to your commandlist.txt file in your GTA IV folder, if you don't have such a txt file, just create it, and it that command, it also speeds up the loading process.

Will give this tip a try. When I play in windowed mode it runs quite ok for me, but it isn't the xperience for me....

The 40 minute loading was the exact same problem I had with my game. Sometimes it runs fast, sometimes it hangs. I didn't have the patience to wait 40 minutes...

no one have patience with GTA4 I think

40 minutes? Wow, that sounds like an exaggeration especially with your setup.

I'm sure I have one of the worst rigs of anyone on here, playing (if you can really call if that) on an Athlon 3500+ 2.2 ghz with 1gb of old as sh*t ram and a new GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb but I've never had to wait 40 minutes.

The loading times are often quite long especially when loading caberat performances and some of the missions maybe up to a max of 7-8 minutes (rarely), but usually I'm only waiting 30 seconds or so.

It seems weird that you would be waiting that long...

As I mentioned above sometimes, about 5 times since I waste my money for this game, it works in fullscreen mode.

samour50
  • samour50

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

Turn VSync off. It solves the loading problems.

http://www.overclock...load-times.html

Shasshoto
  • Shasshoto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

If you dont mind, i would say reinstall your OS and check it again.If the same thing happens again then its a hardware issue i think.Even my previous PC having Pentium D and ati x1300 couldnt play the game but atleast it was able to load it in 2 minutes.

WTFX
  • WTFX

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (johncage @ Dec 15 2008, 09:26)
but just a suggestion, if you do return the game, you can still play using a securom bypasser.

naughty devil.gif

tounge.gif

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Turn off Vsync.

shaggedout
  • shaggedout

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

I can't remember what patch it was, but I got something similar after one of them. Not 40 mins though. Maybe 10 - 15 mins, thereabouts. The game would load, play through the music & pictures, then some time after that, you'd get the same old familiar view of Nikos butt. I realised after a while though, that if I brought down the gfwl screen, the game would load quicker. A lot quicker. No Idea why it does this.. It just does...

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

I have a PC 1 trillion times slower and still it only takes me about 3-4 people splash screens to get to the mission loading part. Defrag and mod. Regularly. It'll keep your game defragged and fast.

And turn off V-Sync and turn off that Windows Live bloatware too.

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Enigma[UK] @ Dec 14 2008, 22:35)
40 minutes! Wow that shows dedication!

Almost fell down the chair laughing my lungs up biggrin.gif

viometrix
  • viometrix

Mildly Aggravating

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

your system is not all that and a bag of chips really, but it is not bad at all. i just cant figure why you would buy all this higher end hardware, then buy a crap video card? actually where did you even manage to find one of those, i thought they stopped selling them. you shouldve got a gtx 260 or 285 with what you spent on all of your other hardware, just makes no sense to me that you put all that hardware in only to bottleneck data on the way to the screen.

as for the 40 min load, i have had games do this when a hard drive was failing or the cache went bad on the drive causing the files to loop when the computer tries to use the cache to accelerate loading of files. so before you reload your whole os... use another harddrive to reload your os (dont activate) and install gta iv and see what happens

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

Oh well, afer a fresh install of Vista 64, first time game loaded it took a lot of time, the song finished and was still loading... then I turned off vsync and load times are way down now. Didn't know that I had to turn off that thing just to get loading times faster...

gtaplayer246135
  • gtaplayer246135

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

any improvement if you delete all the loadingscreens_....dat files in gta4/common/data

ramcool789
  • ramcool789

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

OK i finally managed to figured out this problem biggrin.gif .
The problem is in your autosave file.
so alll u have to do is delete your autosave file , it should be in C:\users\username\appdata\local\rockstar games\gta 4\savegames
It is the file named SGTA412.
So,just delete the file and load gta 4 .Done.
By the way this problem happened to me twice .
First time i deleted all my savegames , it still worked but i had to complete the story all over again.
But after some days my game crashed during some mission loading screen .This time it tried deleting my autosave file and it Worked!
So take my advice and delete that file and
let me know if it helps biggrin.gif

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

Asus 7950 GT (I know its not recommended, but when RS says minimum, I wana run it)

if it is the model with 16 shaders, thats a problem. ithink my onboard geforce 9300 igp was 8 or 16m and it would take forever to load also - this was the machine with c2q 6600, btw. it will also load more slowly on machines with regular hard drives - my velociraptor 300gb, intel 80 gb g2, and 64 crucial m3 64gb all load about the same... but this new machine that i assembled with a regular sata 80gb western digital makes me grit my teeth just waiting for the benchmark to run (64 x2 3800 with various 8600gt/9800gt/960gso/gtx465)
and because you didn't go ahead and list the power supply, i am going to assume its some mess. post the exact make and model of the power supply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users