Photo

How to backup files

6 replies to this topic
GASTEFFENS
  • GASTEFFENS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hey everyone! I'm at most a leisure gamer, by no means hardcore. This year I hand built a basic, yet for-gaming, computer. I pre ordered GTA4 when it was to be released for PC. It is an awesome game! I can run it on mostly high settings except the graphics need to be medium as the graphics card doesn't have enough space. However, it looks great as it is.

I plan to be on this forum more as I get more into the game, as I've mostly driven around and established several contacts.

My question is how to back-up my save files. Being a hand built computer, I know how electronics are and I could potentially have a dud part. What file or files in the GTA4 folder do I need to copy and paste to an external drive, to retain all my save files? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

George

fischju
  • fischju

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

Backup the Rockstar Games and Xlive folders in Appdata>Local

GASTEFFENS
  • GASTEFFENS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (fischju @ Dec 14 2008, 19:18)

Call me ignorant but I am not sure how to find those particular folders... thanks!!!

fischju
  • fischju

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (GASTEFFENS @ Dec 14 2008, 19:36)
QUOTE (fischju @ Dec 14 2008, 19:18)

Call me ignorant but I am not sure how to find those particular folders... thanks!!!

Open a folder and in the address bar type %appdata% and press enter. In XP they should be right there, in Vista you have to go back from Roaming to Local. Xlive is in Microsoft.

siyuan123
  • siyuan123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hi, you can try Backup Cow , which is a nice backup software for you to backup and sync file between multiple computer over the network. I have tried it and it has really helped me a lot. 

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

appdata is hidden on W7 . so you need to tick show hidden files and folders in folders options in configuration panel . then go to C:\users\your username\appdata and search for Rockstar stuff . if you use a modded game and xliveless then it's in My documents\Rockstar Games . if you want to back up some stuff there's no better way to do than to have a (or several) disk(s) dedicated to this , and best is to have them in an external case that you can turn off/on . this way you avoid viruses to have access to your precious data wathever may happen

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

I stay mad @ Rockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

http://gtaforums.com...sked-questions/

its pinned for a reason :panic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users