[DOC] WeaponInfo.xml

295 replies to this topic
crevlthe
  • crevlthe

Hello there.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Apr 6 2010, 13:57)
QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Mar 6 2010, 15:17)
For those who want to change the rate of fire:

I made a formula for it. Normally the rate of fire is in rounds/min, so look that up on Wikipedia or something, and use it in the following formula:

1/(Rounds per Min./60) x 1000 = ROF in Milliseconds

Example:

1200RPM:

1/(1200/60=20) x 1000 = 50

EduardKoeleJuck: I was wondering where you would insert this formula, and could you give us a tutorial on how to edit it?
I would like to change my Rate of Fire for the pistol, so it can be like the Automatic pistol in MW 2.

Thanks in advance if you can help with this.
XTREME0235.

urm, the pistol rate of fire is held back by the fact that the speed of the animation isn't that quick. I think you can only apply this to weapons that already fire in full automatic. what that means is that despite how fast you make it, it'll only be limited by how fast the animation is for that gun. however, if you shoot the weapon whilst the animation is not required (i.e. when you're falling and you hit fire) it will shoot at the rate you have defined.

what I presume however is that you may be able to use one of the episode weapon slots (if I remember they do not have animations mapped to them) to make a fully automatic pistol.

oh and to create a weapon for an episodic content slot, refer to a link I posted a few posts ago.

crevlthe

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (crevlthe @ Apr 6 2010, 05:10)
QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Apr 6 2010, 13:57)
QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Mar 6 2010, 15:17)
For those who want to change the rate of fire:

I made a formula for it. Normally the rate of fire is in rounds/min, so look that up on Wikipedia or something, and use it in the following formula:

1/(Rounds per Min./60) x 1000 = ROF in Milliseconds

Example:

1200RPM:

1/(1200/60=20) x 1000 = 50

EduardKoeleJuck: I was wondering where you would insert this formula, and could you give us a tutorial on how to edit it?
I would like to change my Rate of Fire for the pistol, so it can be like the Automatic pistol in MW 2.

Thanks in advance if you can help with this.
XTREME0235.

urm, the pistol rate of fire is held back by the fact that the speed of the animation isn't that quick. I think you can only apply this to weapons that already fire in full automatic. what that means is that despite how fast you make it, it'll only be limited by how fast the animation is for that gun. however, if you shoot the weapon whilst the animation is not required (i.e. when you're falling and you hit fire) it will shoot at the rate you have defined.

what I presume however is that you may be able to use one of the episode weapon slots (if I remember they do not have animations mapped to them) to make a fully automatic pistol.

oh and to create a weapon for an episodic content slot, refer to a link I posted a few posts ago.

crevlthe

Ok thanks, well i saw this method line maybe on this topic, [not sure] but i used this line in this picture, and added it to the desert eagle, and now it's shooting like a rapid firing fully automatic machine gun. Here is the line i used:

user posted image

So now, i'm going to try it on the shotgun and Glock pistol, if it does work, we will now know what simple code to input. notify.gif

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

Ok guys, i have inserted the same code into the info for the Pistol and Shotgun. My results ended up crashing and freezing my computer [idk why it freezes the computer]
One shot from any of them causes this but the Desert Eagle remains the same, no idea why.

Here is a screen of what it looks like:

user posted image

Also, when your in a vehicle, the Desert Eagle does not rapid fire like it does if shot on foot, maybe that's in another line.
If anyone else has anymore information on this, please reply.

crevlthe
  • crevlthe

Hello there.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Apr 8 2010, 02:07)
Ok guys, i have inserted the same code into the info for the Pistol and Shotgun. My results ended up crashing and freezing my computer [idk why it freezes the computer]
One shot from any of them causes this but the Desert Eagle remains the same, no idea why.

user posted image

Also, when your in a vehicle, the Desert Eagle does not rapid fire like it does if shot on foot, maybe that's in another line.

ah interesting. I guess that's an alternative to changing the fire rate tounge.gif

the way I did it was just editing "timebetweenshots" which would allow me to slow down the fire rate, but not speed it up.

good work!

crevlthe

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Apr 7 2010, 16:07)

user posted image

you have to be f*cking crazy to test that ingame!

it will shot super fast thats too much for the game to handle

use less that 100

even 3.0 is too much ingame

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Apr 8 2010, 00:51)

user posted image

use less that 100

The Desert Eagle is just f*cking crazy when you shoot it, and my game handles it just fine.
But that doesn't explain why it crashes when it's inputed on another weapon. confused.gif

crevlthe
  • crevlthe

Hello there.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:08 AM Edited by crevlthe, 08 April 2010 - 03:52 AM.

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Apr 8 2010, 12:38)

user posted image

use less that 100

The Desert Eagle is just f*cking crazy when you shoot it, and my game handles it just fine.
But that doesn't explain why it crashes when it's inputed on another weapon. confused.gif

meh. I didn't even know you could use that simple line of code to speed up the reloading/shooting animation tounge.gif

nice find.

p.s. additional findings - rates firerate isn't the actual firerate, its the multiplier at which the animation is played at. so 1 would be the animation played at 100%, 2 would be 200%, and 999.9 (as you've put in tounge.gif ) would be 9,999.99%. which is a hell of a lot of a fast firing gun.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Apr 8 2010, 02:38)

user posted image

use less that 100

but thats just 1 weapon you cant have that kind of speed on 2 more weapons without bugs or crashing my friend

crevlthe
  • crevlthe

Hello there.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:53 AM Edited by crevlthe, 08 April 2010 - 03:59 AM.

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Apr 8 2010, 13:41)

user posted image

use less that 100

but thats just 1 weapon you cant have that kind of speed on 2 more weapons without bugs or crashing my friend

erm, it works for me. I've tested this out for the ordinary pistol, the deagle and the semi-auto shotgun already. no crashes.

the only time its ever crashed is when my graphics card runs out of memory.

p.s. hello Quechus13 biggrin.gif

perhaps you could use this sped-up animation for your AA-12 mod tounge.gif should work pretty well. oh and - nice modeling on that.

crevlthe

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:59 AM

Hmm, well i wonder what could possibly be the problem then......
I shall investigate more.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (crevlthe @ Apr 8 2010, 03:53)
QUOTE (quechus13 @ Apr 8 2010, 13:41)

use less that 100

erm, it works for me. I've tested this out for the ordinary pistol, the deagle and the semi-auto shotgun already. no crashes.

the only time its ever crashed is when my graphics card runs out of memory.

p.s. hello Quechus13 biggrin.gif

perhaps you could use this sped-up animation for your AA-12 mod tounge.gif should work pretty well. oh and - nice modeling on that.

crevlthe

Well i already did it when i released all the packs updated with their own weaponinfo.xml files biggrin.gif
1 week ago i was one of the first ones to find out how to do this thing but 999 is kinda too much XD

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

How to open this file in EFLC ?

When trying to open it i get this :
http://forum.gram.pl...00417211622.jpg

crevlthe
  • crevlthe

Hello there.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Marcin6 @ Apr 18 2010, 06:12)

When trying to open it i get this :
http://forum.gram.pl...00417211622.jpg

well, from the new patch onwards they encrypted (the majority?) of the files, so frankly I have no idea how we're going to edit them from now on.

crevlthe

cocoman213
  • cocoman213

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:42 PM Edited by cocoman213, 20 April 2010 - 12:11 AM.

in the codes, why dont you put the spaces like the orginal script? doesnt this make it work?
also i cant have any episodic weapons, it says that it is disabled...

zBobG
  • zBobG

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Marcin6 @ Apr 17 2010, 20:12)

Some of the files are encryted by SecuRom SDFA (SecuRom Data File Activation).

Use the Unlocker to decrypt the files.

Then either copy over the unlocked file you are interested in or copy over all the files that the unlocker has unlocked.

Note that this utility only unlocks the files for the retail disk version of EFLC (at this time).

resignator
  • resignator

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:53 AM Edited by resignator, 20 April 2010 - 11:05 AM.

QUOTE (Yangster @ Dec 21 2009, 17:33)
QUOTE (AFA @ Sep 27 2009, 19:24)
Most of the time, when i change the animation, the game crashes. Does anyone know what to do?

You need to change the weapon's anim in default.dat or default.ide (can't remember which) as well. I used this method to make the combat shotgun use the pump animation, since Niko pumps it when blind firing anyway.

EDIT: Also, just noticed an error in the first post.

physics force="" - Projectile's impact force. Can also be defined under "PROJECTILE TYPE=".
vehiclevelocity="" - Defines the projectile's speed.

For guns, 'physics force' defines the impact force (as stated), but for projectiles (ie, grenade, molotov, rocket), 'physics force' changes the force with which Niko "throws" the projectile (ie, the speed of the projectile). I don't know what 'vehiclevelocity' does, but it didn't change the projectile's speed for me.

I changed the rocket's 'physics force' param to 260 (instead of 30), and now the rocket travels much much faster and more realistically (the range is also increased, since it takes the same amount of time to self-detonate). Note: as with most other data mods, I had to delete filelist.pak to get it working (using patch 1.0.0.4).

Don't know if anyone else has posted this already, but thought the first post should be updated.

Thanks, updated the doc. Perhaps, 'vehicle velocity' is projectile speed when shot from a vehicle. I need to reinstall GTAIV again so I can test this stuff tounge.gif

crevlthe
  • crevlthe

Hello there.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (resignator @ Apr 20 2010, 20:53)
Most of the time, when i change the animation, the game crashes. Does anyone know what to do?

You need to change the weapon's anim in default.dat or default.ide (can't remember which) as well. I used this method to make the combat shotgun use the pump animation, since Niko pumps it when blind firing anyway.

physics force="" - Projectile's impact force. Can also be defined under "PROJECTILE TYPE=".

For guns, 'physics force' defines the impact force (as stated), but for projectiles (ie, grenade, molotov, rocket), 'physics force' changes the force with which Niko "throws" the projectile (ie, the speed of the projectile). I don't know what 'vehiclevelocity' does, but it didn't change the projectile's speed for me.

I changed the rocket's 'physics force' param to 260 (instead of 30), and now the rocket travels much much faster and more realistically (the range is also increased, since it takes the same amount of time to self-detonate). Note: as with most other data mods, I had to delete filelist.pak to get it working (using patch 1.0.0.4).

Don't know if anyone else has posted this already, but thought the first post should be updated.

Thanks, updated the doc. Perhaps, 'vehicle velocity' is projectile speed when shot from a vehicle. I need to reinstall GTAIV again so I can test this stuff tounge.gif

wow.gif

remember to pop in <rate firerate="number (multiplier)" blindfirerate="number (multiplier)"/> under <anim group>.

crevlthe

Dorak
  • Dorak

TRY TO CREATE SOME WEAPONS. VAIN.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

I was thinking, it's actually possible to do something with " the one handed gun " ? When aiming, Niko hold the gun with one hand, not two. Actually possible ?

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:12 AM

if someone can upload the TBOGT weaponinfo thatd be great.

resignator
  • resignator

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (crevlthe @ Apr 20 2010, 07:55)
QUOTE (resignator @ Apr 20 2010, 20:53)

wow.gif

remember to pop in <rate firerate="number (multiplier)" blindfirerate="number (multiplier)"/> under <anim group>.

crevlthe

Added smile.gif

AzuShin
  • AzuShin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

How can I make the rocket's lifespan longer or have it so that takes a while to explode.

AzuShin
  • AzuShin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

Bumpping. I need a answer to this question.

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:59 PM

i have a request involving the weapon file and testing something in it. if anyone is interested in helping me out real quick i would be very appreciated.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (playaindahood @ Nov 14 2010, 04:59)
i have a request involving the weapon file and testing something in it. if anyone is interested in helping me out real quick i would be very appreciated.

What do you need Playa?

Let me know if you would like to do it by here or by PM and i will be happy to help (if i can lol.gif )
XTREME0235.

narrowsoul
  • narrowsoul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

This has been asked a couple times and has yet to be answered. Is there any way to increase the spread of the bullets? I'm trying to make a realistic weapon setup and all the guns are still dead accurate with keyboard + mouse -_-

GIXXER
  • GIXXER

MOTORCYCLE LOVER

• Members

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:23 PM Edited by GIXXER, 20 November 2010 - 12:52 AM.

how can l increase the weapon aim zoom?!...

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (narrowsoul @ Nov 18 2010, 09:20)
This has been asked a couple times and has yet to be answered. Is there any way to increase the spread of the bullets? I'm trying to make a realistic weapon setup and all the guns are still dead accurate with keyboard + mouse -_-

You need to decrease accuracy. Just be warned NPCs will shoot like retards.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:19 AM

<flags>
<flag>GUN</flag>
<flag>CAN_AIM</flag>
<flag>CAN_FREE_AIM</flag>
<flag>ANIM_RELOAD</flag>
<flag>ANIM_CROUCH_FIRE</flag>
</flags>
</data>

<assets model="w_eagle">
<anim group="gun@deagle" meleegroup1="firearm_core"/>
<rates firerate="0.5" blindfirerate="0.7"/>
</anim>
<effects>
<muzzle fx="muz_pistol_large"/>
<shell fx="weap_ejected_pistol"/>
</effects>

Just a question for the above, why does shooting the deagle crash the game? I'm trying to make it fire slower. Adding the rates firerate to most other weapons won't crash the game but not for the deagle? I didn't find an answer on the last page.

FatAssCartman
  • FatAssCartman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

remove the frontslash in "firearm_core"/>

wrong:
<anim group="gun@deagle" meleegroup1="firearm_core"/>

right:
<anim group="gun@deagle" meleegroup1="firearm_core">

PaddyM
  • PaddyM

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

I'm pretty new to editing the WeaponInfo.xml file and was hoping if someone could tell me if the problem users have been discussing in this thread could be solved with a tweak or two to the WeaponInfo.xlm file. If so, could you please explain which aspects of the file need to be altered? It would pretty much make my year if I could get rid of that auto-zoom annoyance!

Thank you smile.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users