Photo

GTA IV Save Game , offline to online

12 replies to this topic
psykohomicide
  • psykohomicide

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

i mates, i just complete the story , but i saved in offline account, now i want to copy my save game to my online account.

i know where the file is , and i copied, and not work, gives me the error "Load failed , please check your hardrive and try again"

i finish my first mission in the online account , and copy save game after the mission.

HELP ME

confused.gif

tfr
  • tfr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

it's just not possible

psykohomicide
  • psykohomicide

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

cmon, help me its impossible dont have way to do this.......

Sorry for my bad english

fischju
  • fischju

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

It's actually not possible right now. For some reason Rockstar thinks save files should be locked down. Dumbasses.

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

What the hell? I have the same thing... I played the whole thing in an offline account and now you tell me there is no way to transfer the save to my new online account?

Well add this on to the list of absolutely idiotic things Rockstar has done to bring the PC community to tears.

Stewerd
  • Stewerd

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

Why play on offline mod in the first place?

GTAMonkey2012
  • GTAMonkey2012

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:25 PM Edited by GTAMonkey2012, 13 December 2008 - 09:29 PM.

Try this ...

Login online through SC & GFWL to main menu and start a bran new game, get the the first main save point in romans house.

Exit the game.

Goto you folder with "save games" now look for the latest folder created (by date and size) "user_xxxxxxxxxxxx" or whatever. Then copy you files into that folder, then load back in online and continue play ... "see" if that works.

If its Xp its:

C:\Documents and Settings\(USER NAME)\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

you will also see a "settings" folder with 3 files that also seem to get updates ... "limits.dat" "settings.CFG" "Xstring.dat" copy this over also if needed (but back up the originals.

uncle ho
  • uncle ho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:36 AM

Hey guys,

i've got a solution how to transfer your offline savegames into your online games live account in

follow the instructions:

1. if you already have a ms games live account, skip this step. sign in ms games live, create an account, choose a thumbnail different from your offline accout ( important for later ). start a new game, do the first mission, save and exit
2. look for your savegames in "C:\Documents and Local Settings\<Userr>\Local Settings\Appdata\Microsoft\XLive" (winxp) or "C:\Users\<Benutzer>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive " (vista)
3. go into folder of the new created online account, click through the folders until you see some files.
4. backup your offline account...
5. copy the file named "Account" to the same folder of your offline account
6. start the game, press pos1, now logout of games live and login. there should be 2 accounts with the same name but different thumbnails. choose the right "online" account with your offline savegames
7. play until 6 a.m. ;-)))

this should make your offline account with all your savegames to an online account ( I'm not sure about achievements, can someone verify please?)

worked for me fine.

Bye

Uncle Ho

user posted image

spiritualsuicide
  • spiritualsuicide

N to the oah

• Members

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for that solution, worked perfectly for me. I don't know if achievements work, I'll see soon. This topic should stay somewhere visible, a lot of people have this problem.

osiq
  • osiq

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (uncle ho @ Dec 14 2008, 03:36)
6. start the game, press pos1, now logout of games live and login. there should be 2 accounts with the same name but different thumbnails. choose the right "online" account with your offline savegames

If we copied Account from online account to offline account we can't have saves in our online account cuz we did copy there nothing. We gotta choose 'offline' account which has the name and everything from our online account with offline account saves, don't we?. Second question is... there is everything on my disc, what will happen when I'll format my disc? It should save in web, on my online account but it saves on my computer. ;>

osiq
  • osiq

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

and... achievments don't work wink.gif

vlada87
  • vlada87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

hey guys i have a problem i have formated my comp and i have instal gta iv ,logged in and i have start a new game
how can i rool back my save game i have finish 45%
please help
[email protected]

Ultraman1966
  • Ultraman1966

Citizen Kabuto

• Members

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

If you've already formatted the PC then the data is lost. There are some software capable of recovering lost data but it's a long shot, especially as you've got a new OS install.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users