GTA IV Save Game , offline to online
Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:18 PM
i know where the file is , and i copied, and not work, gives me the error "Load failed , please check your hardrive and try again"
i finish my first mission in the online account , and copy save game after the mission.
Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:05 PM
Sorry for my bad english
Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:13 PM
Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:16 PM
Well add this on to the list of absolutely idiotic things Rockstar has done to bring the PC community to tears.
Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:25 PM Edited by GTAMonkey2012, 13 December 2008 - 09:29 PM.
Login online through SC & GFWL to main menu and start a bran new game, get the the first main save point in romans house.
Exit the game.
Goto you folder with "save games" now look for the latest folder created (by date and size) "user_xxxxxxxxxxxx" or whatever. Then copy you files into that folder, then load back in online and continue play ... "see" if that works.
If its Xp its:
|C:\Documents and Settings\(USER NAME)\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames|
you will also see a "settings" folder with 3 files that also seem to get updates ... "limits.dat" "settings.CFG" "Xstring.dat" copy this over also if needed (but back up the originals.
Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:36 AM
i've got a solution how to transfer your offline savegames into your online games live account in
follow the instructions:
1. if you already have a ms games live account, skip this step. sign in ms games live, create an account, choose a thumbnail different from your offline accout ( important for later ). start a new game, do the first mission, save and exit
2. look for your savegames in "C:\Documents and Local Settings\<Userr>\Local Settings\Appdata\Microsoft\XLive" (winxp) or "C:\Users\<Benutzer>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive " (vista)
3. go into folder of the new created online account, click through the folders until you see some files.
4. backup your offline account...
5. copy the file named "Account" to the same folder of your offline account
6. start the game, press pos1, now logout of games live and login. there should be 2 accounts with the same name but different thumbnails. choose the right "online" account with your offline savegames
7. play until 6 a.m. ;-)))
this should make your offline account with all your savegames to an online account ( I'm not sure about achievements, can someone verify please?)
worked for me fine.
Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:00 PM
Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:48 PM
|QUOTE (uncle ho @ Dec 14 2008, 03:36)|
| 6. start the game, press pos1, now logout of games live and login. there should be 2 accounts with the same name but different thumbnails. choose the right "online" account with your offline savegames|
If we copied Account from online account to offline account we can't have saves in our online account cuz we did copy there nothing. We gotta choose 'offline' account which has the name and everything from our online account with offline account saves, don't we?. Second question is... there is everything on my disc, what will happen when I'll format my disc? It should save in web, on my online account but it saves on my computer. ;>
Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:15 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users