• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic
kingofpain
  • kingofpain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Dodge34 @ Dec 14 2008, 21:09)
I can't modify one of the value in the registry, keeps getting this message (I unplugged the controller to make sure nothing used the controller while doing this mod), I'm still stuck with the original name and problem.

user posted image

Tried rebooting computer, same thing happen, can't rename this at all, I'm the only admin of this computer (its mine, there's no other users) so this is not a administrator issue.

have you tried renaming it in safemode?

DeathJester
  • DeathJester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (ghostgrabber @ Dec 14 2008, 20:51)
I followed your steps and now my camera seems to be stuck overtop of Niko..but my control works! sigh...

Did you rename your controller to Logitech Dual Action in the registry aswell as the original poster suggested? If not try that, it should sort out the camera problem for you hopefully.

McDodge34
  • McDodge34

GTA4 Maniac

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

I got it done, the name is not changed in this place but the controller is now working in the game, but I can't use my program to remap the keys, I used xpadder, it works in the game but the default controls are there too, when I accelerate with the right trigger, it also goes to the back view, when I use the brake (left trigger) I hear the horn. the controls work but not like I want them, I want my version (using xpadder) since we can't program the layout ourselves in the game.

Sparks FC
  • Sparks FC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

Thanks to the guys who found this fix, worked ok for me with a super joybox 3 + ps2 controller. The only issue I am having now is the phone is always on the screen. This makes me think that GTA4 is still forcing something (Dpad Up), instead of the axis up as it was before the fix.

Would remapping the buttons in the registry work in this case? I have a driver that can map buttons manually, maybe I should map the up button to something random and just use the keyboard to bring the phone up on screen.

rowsdower
  • rowsdower

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (kingofpain @ Dec 14 2008, 21:11)

QUOTE (rad_ @ Dec 14 2008, 15:20)
I use a "3in1 Conversion Box" from Bigben interactive to connect my PS1 Analog Pad wit the PC. As descriped I rename it.

But the right analog stick not working properly, right/left becomes up/down. I cant find "Axes" under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0F30&PID_010A

If you have the same problem add it manually to perform an axis override, works for me:

- unplug your Gamepad
- right click on your "VID-PID code"- folder, create a new key called "Axes"
- right click on the "Axes" folder, create a key called "2"
- inside "2" create a binary value named "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 35 00 "
- after that cerate in "Axes" a second key: "5", create a binary value called "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 32 00 "
- restart you maschine and connect the pad.

under control panel/calibration you can take notice of the change.

see also:
hxxp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms789852.aspx
hxxp://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/Hut1_12.pdf (page 26)

Hope it works it worked for me

Worked like a champ. Thanks man!

kingofpain
  • kingofpain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

bump sticky this

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

Logitech profiler - How can we make this think our joypads are logitech ?

I have already renamed my joypad as a logitech dual action just to get it working, but the profiler still doesn't pick my joypad up, I was hoping I could use this profiler to remap my buttons to make the game playable, thanks.

Captain Charisma
  • Captain Charisma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Sparks FC @ Dec 14 2008, 21:49)
Thanks to the guys who found this fix, worked ok for me with a super joybox 3 + ps2 controller. The only issue I am having now is the phone is always on the screen. This makes me think that GTA4 is still forcing something (Dpad Up), instead of the axis up as it was before the fix.

Would remapping the buttons in the registry work in this case? I have a driver that can map buttons manually, maybe I should map the up button to something random and just use the keyboard to bring the phone up on screen.

I have the same (superbox 3 pro), but for me, it doesn't work. I allways look up and there is no way to change the axes. I have do the same in die registry as you have said here. Can you please take a screenshot of your registry, maybe I do something wrong. I hope somebody can help me, I want to play the game!!! suicidal.gif

rad_
  • rad_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:31 PM

take care to edit the correct path and folder, for me its
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0F30&PID_010A

user posted image

the control panel can help to identify yours.

user posted image

Canes21
  • Canes21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:41 AM Edited by Canes21, 16 December 2008 - 12:49 AM.

Has anyone figured how to remap buttons for Logitech G25?

Sparks FC
  • Sparks FC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (PUD1974 @ Dec 13 2008, 18:58)
This works!!!

I had to re-map some of my buttons, but thankfully my game controller* driver allows for that.
*Original PS2 Controller via Super Joy Box 3 Pro

Nice work smile.gif

Did you have the phone always being up issue? Because I have the exact same controller config (joybox + ps2) and it's still pretty much gimped because its forcing the dpad up, which means you can walk and drive and thats pretty much it (i.e. no sprinting, shooting, targeting etc.)

Captain Charisma
  • Captain Charisma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Sparks FC @ Dec 16 2008, 02:03)
This works!!!

I had to re-map some of my buttons, but thankfully my game controller* driver allows for that.

Nice work  smile.gif

Did you have the phone always being up issue? Because I have the exact same controller config (joybox + ps2) and it's still pretty much gimped because its forcing the dpad up, which means you can walk and drive and thats pretty much it (i.e. no sprinting, shooting, targeting etc.)

I can walk, push all buttons, but I always look up.
I have change the name, and chance the axes in registry. In my folder 2 and 5 there is also a file called "FFAtributes". Do I have to change there something or delate it. It was automaticly there!!!

Sparks FC
  • Sparks FC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (Captain Charisma @ Dec 16 2008, 05:06)
QUOTE (Sparks FC @ Dec 16 2008, 02:03)
This works!!!

Nice work  smile.gif

I can walk, push all buttons, but I always look up.
I have change the name, and chance the axes in registry. In my folder 2 and 5 there is also a file called "FFAtributes". Do I have to change there something or delate it. It was automaticly there!!!

No idea mate, I'm no expert on any of this by an means. I've just given to reinstalling GTA4 without the patch. I can handle a week or 2 without MP, at least I can play the game properly.

willhub
  • willhub

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:52 PM

Why has this not being stickied or added to another thread? It's very important this...

monkii
  • monkii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (rad_ @ Dec 14 2008, 15:20)
I use a "3in1 Conversion Box" from Bigben interactive to connect my PS1 Analog Pad wit the PC. As descriped I rename it.

But the right analog stick not working properly, right/left becomes up/down. I cant find "Axes" under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0F30&PID_010A

If you have the same problem add it manually to perform an axis override, works for me:

- unplug your Gamepad
- right click on your "VID-PID code"- folder, create a new key called "Axes"
- right click on the "Axes" folder, create a key called "2"
- inside "2"  create a binary value named "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 35 00 "
- after that cerate in "Axes" a second key: "5", create a binary value called "Attributes", set it to " 00 00 00 00 01 00 32 00 "
- restart you maschine and connect the pad.

under control panel/calibration you can take notice of the change.

see also:
hxxp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms789852.aspx
hxxp://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/Hut1_12.pdf (page 26)

I've been gone for a week, luckily I checked my old thread, thanks a lot rad_!! now the right stick works perfectly!! now on to remember where I left my game a week ago...

willhub
  • willhub

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:45 PM

So is it possible for me to make my Saitek P880 right analogue stick control car acceleration?

vms_agent
  • vms_agent

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:19 PM Edited by vms_agent, 21 December 2008 - 11:22 PM.

QUOTE (monkii @ Dec 13 2008, 18:07)
Those having problem with the camera looking up/down when using USB gamepad could try this fix. It works for me, maybe it'll work for you too.

Go to Control Panel - Printers and Other Hardware - Game Controllers. Note your gamepad OEM name in the Game Controllers. Now open REGEDIT and search for your gamepad OEM name. When you found it (I found 2 of them by the way) rename it to " Logitech Dual Action " (without the quote sign). Now start GTA IV and good luck  icon14.gif

Thank you very much for the fix , it worked for me too. No more staring at the ceiling!

First, I installed the drivers for my Saitek P990. This is not normally necessary, but to be sure I was finding it correctly in the registry I went ahead and did it. Then I simply searched for "Saitek P990" and changed the value for OEMname to Logitech Dual Action in the two places it appeared.

Had I known what I was looking for I probably could have skipped the Saitek driver installation, but no matter because it finally freaking works!

R*, you should hire this guy, since he has the ability to turn plastic coasters into working games - something no one there has figured out how to do yet.

Old Seeker
  • Old Seeker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

All those values are good for ps2 or compatibles or other controller.

Any for Generic USB Joystick or Twin USB Joystick?

Thanking you in advance.

ganjam0n
  • ganjam0n

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for the controller id tip, isnt Wankstar cool, obviously support for regular dxinput pads here yet they forgotton to add the names of these devices? mercie_blink.gif

Old Seeker
  • Old Seeker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

I finally came to accept that this game is for those who have the greens. It is not for everyone.

I gave up searching or manipulating the registry for a good 'setting' of my unbranded controller and instead bought two game controllers, 'precision' and 'Rumble pad 2' (both by Logitech). Again both on XP and vista, the Logitech controlers were perfectly useable without changing anything - it was simply plug and play.

It is clear to me that R* is trying to collect cash form those who could afford and have the knowledge in upgrading and it is unfortunate that many could not see it this way.

R* has already made money from the Xbox and PS3. The PC version is only a small bonus to them. The patch they made is already perfect on perfect machines.

I am very sorry for those complaining. This is how I come to see it. I am also happy for those who are fortunate in having a compatible controllers - or at leat manipulatable.

Henry.

monkii
  • monkii

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:30 AM

Yes, it is funny that we have to buy a logitech or xbox360 gamepad, or if we're lucky, we have to rename our gamepad to logitech's. I guess the pc version is the big chance for R* to get a big fat x'mas bonus sneaky2.gif

jonny2807
  • jonny2807

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

It doesn't work for me (XP service pack3 32 bit).

That s what i v done:

1) gone to control pannel/controllers, and looked how my gamepad was called (Atomic Killer Force n.d.)
2) opened REGEDIT and with ctrl+f made a search for Atomic Killer Force among the registry files... found OEMName and renamed the value of the third column wich was indeed 'Atomic Killer Force' in 'Logitec Dual Action'.
3) Started the game with both 'Perifereals Usb Human Interface' and 'HID compatible controller' in controlpannel/system/hardware enabled.
4) I got the controller 'working' (can't use all the buttons tough) but the camera stuck at the bottom of the screen... I even tried starting the game with variuos combination of enabled/disabled option in controlpannel/system but i get or the gamepad not working, or the gamepad working and camera stuck.

Did I make any mistake? If you can guys, plz help...

jonny2807
  • jonny2807

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

::i doubled the message sorry::

sneakyrobber
  • sneakyrobber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

sorry wrong topic sad.gif

toninxx
  • toninxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

HI GUYS!!!! THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!

Best of all, for years I have this problem, The Stick Game Pad is right misinterpreted by Windows XP and give up going to the right, by giving to the left going down .... Etc.
I recently saw a post here in 2010 where a user felt the same way, what happens is that the thread was Cerrado and so I opened this, so users have the same frustration I let off steam once and for all.
I found the solution! (or at least works for me).
1 - Enter the Regedit (Inicio--Ejecutar. .... type "regedit")
2-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Contro l \ MediaProperties \ PrivateProperties \ Joystick \ OEM \
3-In the folder "OEM" a handful of folders, one containing the configuration of your pad, this will require looking at what is the name of your pad or USB adapter, you have to go to Control Panel - game device -
http://imageshack.us...tutorial1u.jpg/
4-ye turn to the folder "OEM" in regedit and inspeccionais one by one until you see the folders that contained your name (in my case is the latest). Http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/ 30/tutorial2m.jpg /
5-Once you have located the abris and you will see that there are 3 folders inside, then open the one called "axes", inside there are 4 more folders with names "0" "1" "2" "5." Http:/ / imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/tutorial3s.jpg /
6-You need only exchange the name of the folder "2" and "5", which is called "2" renamed to "5" and is called "5" was renamed to "2" And BUALAAAA! !! STICK RIGHT RUNNING CORRECTLY! I hope to serve you

YOU ARE WELLCOME!!!!

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

Did you really had to bump a 2.5 year old topic for that? dozingoff.gif

toninxx
  • toninxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Thursday, Sep 8 2011, 15:20)
Did you really had to bump a 2.5 year old topic for that? dozingoff.gif

always be someone who touches the ball, instead of answering absurd comments could try to help, that's the only thing I tried to do me.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

Last time I did something like this, the topic got locked.
And the bump wasn't bigger than half a year turn.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users