» «
Photo

Gta IV super fast comet mod

8 replies to this topic
illdan
  • illdan

Amazingly stupid

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:22 PM Edited by illdan, 13 December 2008 - 03:27 PM.

Well, after browsing the forum i managed to make a super-fast-amazing-comet-mod. sly.gif
I edited Handling.dat file from \Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data.

Steps needed to make that happen:
1. File modding abillity patch - nesscary to make it happen with no failure
2. Backup EVERYTHING u change, if u use MAGIC (step 1) u dont need to.
3. Go to Handling.dat in \Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data and find COMET line and replace it with the following line:
CODE
COMET   99999.0  6.5  45 0.0 0.0 -0.21  0.2  5  0.24  1.0 400.0 0.34 0.66 0.7  35.0  1.50 1.25 12.5 0.12 0.48    2.4  1.6  1.8  0.10 -0.15 0.0  0.5    1.0 1.0 0.6 1.5  0.0  60000   40440010 1    1

And one last thing, im new at this forum, so hi all colgate.gif

drdre_37
  • drdre_37

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hello illdan! I've been having trouble editing any sort of .dat files for GTA IV. I can edit the XML and see the results in game (Ie. The rocket launching pistol mod), but I never see any results when I edit .dat file such as carcols.dat or handling.dat for this mod.

First, I copied and pasted the entire line you've supplied into handling.dat (I made a copy of the original called handling.dat.magic, and linked to it in my files.txt file), but nothing happened in the game. Then I tried deleting and entering the changed numbers, but nothing happened going that route either.

I'm curious if this could be the problem though. I edit the .dat files in Notepad (I assume everyone else does to), and whenever I go to save them, it gives me the following error:

CODE
Cannot create the C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\handling.dat file.

Make sure that the path and file name are correct.

So I save the file in My Documents, then drag it into the "data" folder to replace the old one. I've turned off "read-only" for the entire Rockstar Games folder... so could this error be what's causing nothing to change in game for me?

KillerEST
  • KillerEST

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:01 PM Edited by KillerEST, 16 December 2008 - 07:09 PM.

Cool biggrin.gif

chin
  • chin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

Does it Braking working well?

patiently
  • patiently

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:08 PM Edited by patiently, 17 December 2008 - 11:11 PM.

QUOTE (drdre_37 @ Dec 14 2008, 20:04)
Hello illdan! I've been having trouble editing any sort of .dat files for GTA IV. I can edit the XML and see the results in game (Ie. The rocket launching pistol mod), but I never see any results when I edit .dat file such as carcols.dat or handling.dat for this mod.

First, I copied and pasted the entire line you've supplied into handling.dat (I made a copy of the original called handling.dat.magic, and linked to it in my files.txt file), but nothing happened in the game. Then I tried deleting and entering the changed numbers, but nothing happened going that route either.

I'm curious if this could be the problem though. I edit the .dat files in Notepad (I assume everyone else does to), and whenever I go to save them, it gives me the following error:

CODE
Cannot create the C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\handling.dat file.

Make sure that the path and file name are correct.

So I save the file in My Documents, then drag it into the "data" folder to replace the old one. I've turned off "read-only" for the entire Rockstar Games folder... so could this error be what's causing nothing to change in game for me?

Your problem is that you haven't patched fully.

I suspect you have overlooked this part of manually modifying:
And viola.... no more exiting on startup... but to make your patches really apply you have to use a patched filelist.pak without any files in it. (And using a modified filelist.pak means you will have to create a .original file for filelist.pak as well!)

Harout
  • Harout

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

Thank you it's very funny like that but can you change the code a little bit for making the car invulnerable please

sorry for my bad english.

KillerEST
  • KillerEST

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

Don't work, car just doesn't appear.

emilovit
  • emilovit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

i got a problem how do i edit the handling.dat file???
when i right click on it i does not say anny open with notepad or something how do i do?

IndiJo
  • IndiJo

I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:35 PM Edited by IndiJo, 16 January 2011 - 12:39 PM.

drdre_37 , I know how to help you. if u want to save your changes in handling.dat, first backup your handling.dat(cut & paste to a new folder in the Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data)and when your'e done editing it,click save as,save in Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data,get in the game and you will have a super comet!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
It worked for me and I hope it'll work for you! icon14.gif
GTA IV ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users