thepantheon
  • thepantheon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

Shortly after making these posts:
QUOTE (The Pantheon)

Can't install the patch.

I have it manually downloaded (I also tried to apply it three times automatically through Live in GTA IV).

Every single time I open up Setup.exe, it says: Error: Rockstar Games Social Club was not detected.
But I have RGSC open, I have it maximised, I signed in and out and back into it.
The only changes I've made to anything GTA IV related is "no memstrict" "no vidmem" in the command parameters of the LaunchGTAIV.exe.

EDIT:
I've now uninstalled and reinstalled RGSC. When I click PLAY, it says "Error: Application failed to launch" as if GTA IV's not there anymore.

I can start GTA IV fine by opening the GTA shortcut on my desktop. Everytime it tries to apply the update in-game, it says RGSC isn't running, takes me to desktop, I can see it clearly IS running, and it starts up GTA IV again where it tells me I have a patch update please apply.

.. A Rockstar Toronto rep PM'd me. They were really helpful, and it seems (for some reason) Grand Theft Auto IV had taken itself out of the registry but Social Club was still in.

To check this - I went to Start, Run, Regedit, HKLocal Machine, Software, Rockstar Games

If "Grand Theft Auto IV" isn't there, there's a problem. Even so, if it is and still persists, follow on..

Here's what I did to fix everything:

I ran Setup in GTA IV Disc 1, chose Repair, the whole process took less than 3 minutes as most of the files were already there.

After that I closed RGSC, and let it reinstall stuff (Visual C++ pack, RGSC, etc)

Then opened up RGSC, pressed PLAY and the patch came up again, but this time after taking me back to desktop it worked.

I put "no memrestrict" and "no restrictions" back onto the shortcut (all I do is increase my view distance from 26 to 28, nothing else) and its working awesomely.

Here are my specs for reference:
--------
Quad-Core 6600
8800GTX
2GB DDR2 Dual-Channel
Windows XP
--------

Settings on GTA IV (gives 30-40fps performance:)
--------
Res: 1680x1050
Texture Quality/Level: both HIGH
Draw Dist. 28
Detail Dist. 71
Cars 33
Shadows 4
---------

I just want to say thank you to the Reps from Rockstar for helping out, when the patch DOES work, it works amazingly. And I can't wait to get back into GTA IV some more.

Xerion
  • Xerion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

The "play" button worked, but it still gave me "Error: Rockstar Games Social Club was not detected." after the game is updated and tried to restart

frado
  • frado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:32 AM

surprise surprise it doesn't work; started the disc 1 in CHINESE setup, then took Repair. It does somethign for about 5 seconds. (in regedit shizzle nothign about gta btw). After repair I can start that application again. When I start gta I get the usual error code(cant even login now, thanks to the patch
http://i37.tinypic.com/30rtx8h.jpg

If I launch setup.exe manually it says I don't have R* club installed.
However after that repair thing I didn't bother to redownload alll those updates. Why should I? They weren't removed by gTA???

jak88
  • jak88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

I have the same problem (RGSC error) I have fix it!

Change the compatibility of GTAIV to windows 2000. and the RGSC error vanish, but when you start the game, you have the first screenshot (the credit I think) and after that the game crush (GTAIV Error!)

I hope help you! sorry for my english i'm Italian!

frado
  • frado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (jak88 @ Dec 13 2008, 10:33)
I have the same problem (RGSC error) I have fix it!

Change the compatibility of GTAIV to windows 2000. and the RGSC error vanish, but when you start the game, you have the first screenshot (the credit I think) and after that the game crush (GTAIV Error!)

I hope help you! sorry for my english i'm Italian!

isn't that just solving the application problem, but causing a new crash?

jak88
  • jak88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:37 AM Edited by jak88, 13 December 2008 - 10:44 AM.

Solving the RGSC problem, but caused a new crush, and I not know the motivation!! suicidal.gif

edit:

Ihave Vista!

frado
  • frado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

can I reinstall without losing my (online live) save games?

jak88
  • jak88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

I not know this! Frado, I have send to you my MSN! add me!

When I reinstall GTAIV I say to you if I have the same or not the same error!

Thanks all!

gladam
  • gladam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (thepantheon @ Dec 13 2008, 08:52)
Shortly after making these posts:
QUOTE (The Pantheon)

Can't install the patch.

I have it manually downloaded (I also tried to apply it three times automatically through Live in GTA IV).

Every single time I open up Setup.exe, it says: Error: Rockstar Games Social Club was not detected.
But I have RGSC open, I have it maximised, I signed in and out and back into it.
The only changes I've made to anything GTA IV related is "no memstrict" "no vidmem" in the command parameters of the LaunchGTAIV.exe.

EDIT:
I've now uninstalled and reinstalled RGSC. When I click PLAY, it says "Error: Application failed to launch" as if GTA IV's not there anymore.

I can start GTA IV fine by opening the GTA shortcut on my desktop. Everytime it tries to apply the update in-game, it says RGSC isn't running, takes me to desktop, I can see it clearly IS running, and it starts up GTA IV again where it tells me I have a patch update please apply.

.. A Rockstar Toronto rep PM'd me. They were really helpful, and it seems (for some reason) Grand Theft Auto IV had taken itself out of the registry but Social Club was still in.

To check this - I went to Start, Run, Regedit, HKLocal Machine, Software, Rockstar Games

If "Grand Theft Auto IV" isn't there, there's a problem. Even so, if it is and still persists, follow on..

Here's what I did to fix everything:

I ran Setup in GTA IV Disc 1, chose Repair, the whole process took less than 3 minutes as most of the files were already there.

After that I closed RGSC, and let it reinstall stuff (Visual C++ pack, RGSC, etc)

Then opened up RGSC, pressed PLAY and the patch came up again, but this time after taking me back to desktop it worked.

I put "no memrestrict" and "no restrictions" back onto the shortcut (all I do is increase my view distance from 26 to 28, nothing else) and its working awesomely.
---------

Yeah! Thank you very very much... i had the same problem and now thanks to yours instructions everything is FINE!

jinvl34
  • jinvl34

Anti-Emo

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

I HAVE ROCKSTAR GAMES IN THERE SO WTF?

faq4
  • faq4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:12 AM

didn't work for me, still won't recognize it. registry values are fine

jak88
  • jak88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:41 AM

WOrk WORK!!!!!!! I'm HAppy!!!! wowwwwww!!!!

If you have vista install SP1 and make all the updates (first for your video card)

that work for me!

Thanks to all for help me, and thanks to all the forum, I come back with other question! Ihope the question are not for an error!! biggrin.gif

Bye!

ErcanS46
  • ErcanS46

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

i did all the things it just wont star i double click it it doesernt even start whats the problem with my one then tell me please your one works my donnt why ?? my specs
AMD ATHLON X2 4450E
ATI RADEON HD 3450
WINDOWS VISTA SP2
cryani.gif cryani.gif

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:42 PM Edited by Weirdo., 07 February 2010 - 09:46 PM.

I tried repairing too when I had this problem a year ago, but that didn't work. Long story short, I downloaded the Steam update for RGSC and after installing it, the problem was fixed. user posted image

*EDIT*:
Whoops, I didn't realize that someone bumped it. dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users