» «
Photo

Patch released?

695 replies to this topic
MikeszCZ
  • MikeszCZ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:30 PM Edited by MikeszCZ, 13 December 2008 - 09:34 PM.

I download the patch via Rockstar official support web and I must say:

WOW!

Playing is now much smoother then before. Especially in Algonquin I can play very good now. Results from benchmark test are more or less the same, but in game I see big difference between now and before. tounge.gif Thanks Rockstar, fu*ck off Microsoft.

MrNoHelp
  • MrNoHelp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:32 PM

Well... I have installed the patch. The only difference I noticed from before that I can play the game up to 30 minutes till MY GAME SLOWS DOWN AS HELL...I still cannot change my texture rendering to any other level except medium.

Did this patch helped me at all? Yes, if I want to play bowling or throw darts. NO, if I want to finish storyline missions that I wont be able to finish because my game slowed down!!!! After the patch, I did an activity with Roman. Just before the place he would get off, the game slowed down. It took me 15 minutes to make it across the corner and deliver Roman to his destination!!! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif and thus having an autosave. mad.gif

I think Rockstar has disappointed thousands of GTA IV fans, I wonder how many players will stop getting PC games from Rockstar in the future after this incident of the long waited and BUGGY GTA IV for PC. whatsthat.gif

If this patch is the real thing that they were talking about the last week, then they are not taking the patching the game properly and annoyed players seriously. icon13.gif

I hope the upcoming patch will fix the game properly and make the game playable for hours and hours not UP TO AN HOUR. angry.gif

DeadlyAvenger
  • DeadlyAvenger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

Well, I was having MAJOR issues before, and now I can play the game FINALLY! Although I have just upgraded my PC to Windows Vista 64 Bit Ultimate + 8GB RAM too, so that might have had an impact too.

I was on XP Pro 4GB before (with /3GB switch enabled) It seems GTA IV DOES NOT like the /3GB switch, if you have that set, turn it off. It made mine more stable, not that I have to worry about that anymore!

My Logitech Dual Action controller now works without any patched / hacked files.

I was never seeing any issues with missing textures / floating cars etc. on my machine prior to the patch, so can't comment on whether those issues will definitely be fixed for those that were seeing this problem.

Frame rate wise, again, it wasn't _that_ bad on my rig prior to this (could have been better though) and it seems pretty much the same to me after patching. I should use a FPS counter to check what I'm actually getting.

But the major crashes I was seeing at the start seem to have gone, and I'm logged in to both LIVE and Social Club (had to switch those off before to even play).

The shadows are still the grainy crappy ones, but that's not a bug, just the way R* decided to do them.

I haven't tried the mouse / keyboard controls because, quite frankly, I can't play this game using them, this game is one that _NEEDS_ a controller IMO. It's NOT an FPS game to me.

I'm not seeing the issue some have with Niko constantly looking up / down either, but I suspect that _might_ be something to do with a conflict between the game and any patched xinput*.dll files they might still have on their machine.

Not tried the video editor yet.

Matt

P.S. I do hope this is the first of a few patches, because looking at the downloads for previous GTA games, there has only ever been one patch for them, never more.

kbarber29
  • kbarber29

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Found this site:

http://socialclub.ro...om/privacy/opt/

Does anyone think this will stop social club from loading on the computer? Says its coming in a few weeks.

I would really like not to have a R* icon in my system tray.

Stewerd
  • Stewerd

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

Take all problems with the patch related stuff here.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=383640

Mutts
  • Mutts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (ArecBalrin @ Dec 13 2008, 17:19)
I remain curious about the file gtaEncoder.exe and what it does.

*cough* replacement emulator.

It's making the fan in my laptop run.

L0uNGeR
  • L0uNGeR

Ya, that's what I said.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:08 AM Edited by L0uNGeR, 14 December 2008 - 02:12 AM.

Huh? How do you make the link between an Encoder and an Emulator?
gtaEncoder.exe is ofcourse used for Social Club TV. sigh.gif

QUOTE (kbarber29 @ Dec 13 2008, 22:07)
Found this site:

http://socialclub.ro...om/privacy/opt/

Does anyone think this will stop social club from loading on the computer?  Says its coming in a few weeks.

I would really like not to have a R* icon in my system tray.

They write about something else.
It gives you the ability to hide your info/stats on the public Social Club.

TremontiSE
  • TremontiSE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:12 AM

Obviously it's not perfect, but I have seen a large improvment in gameplay. The constant pauses in the game are pretty much all gone now and it runs pretty smooth. I havn't pushed the settings up to see how it handles the higher textures. But on an auto-detect i must say i am pleased with the improvments.

The only issue I am having and maybe someone can help is...

My left Stick on the Logitch Dual Action Gamepad does not act as the movment control....the d-pad does. Is there anyway to reverse this in the game? Or possibly in the Logitech Profile?

TremontiSE

Core2Duo E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
2Mb OCZ Gold Ram
BFG 9600 GT OC
Windows Vista 32Bit
Soundblaster XFI Extreme Gamer

ArecBalrin
  • ArecBalrin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (L0uNGeR @ Dec 14 2008, 02:08)

Huh? How do you make the link between an Encoder and an Emulator?
gtaEncoder.exe is ofcourse used for Social Club TV. sigh.gif

[QUOTE=kbarber29,Dec 13 2008, 22:07]

Because Social Club TV was in the game or meant to be at release(I think, but I could be wrong) but the file gtaEncoder.exe wasn't and an encoder and emulator if you leave semantics aside do almost the same material thing. Emulation makes certain information readable when it otherwise shouldn't, encoding makes a different kind of information readable when it otherwise wouldn't.

If a console game is being run on a PC by the means of emulating the hardware enviroment of a console, it would be accurate to say the game is being encoded for the PC even if it isn't the accurate associative word.

Angry001
  • Angry001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

still forced to use medium textures on my gtx-280's on SLI or i crash with a RESC10 , in game gameplay is a lil smoother but my frames are by far worse in the benchmark now then before the patch , was getting an average of 52 fps now im down to 40 fps in the bench sad.gif

so not all is bad with this patch but not all is good either

ObsessedWithGTA4
  • ObsessedWithGTA4

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:24 AM

I gotta say, I went from a Core 2 E6600 @ 3.2 with a 9800GTX+ to a Q9550 @ 3.8 with a GTX 260 216 and I can run the game in High, Highest, 40, 60, 40, 16 shadows and I get 40-45 FPS and its SOLID FPS (I did not get my FPS from the bechmark but from EVGA Precision on my Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard so its true FPS). This game REALLY needs a powerful CPU over GPU. Before my Core 2 was at 98% while playing and the Q9550 @ 3.8 is about 65% when playing. Wish I had more money to get Core i7 but I got the Q9550 for $220 brand new.

As far as the patch, I don't really notice anything different. I think it was designed more for the lower end systems specifically the nVidia 7900 and ATI 1900 GPU's.

Multiplayer chat needs a fix, there is a delay when you hit Y and type "xxx" only "xx" will show.

ObsessedWithGTA4
  • ObsessedWithGTA4

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (Angry001 @ Dec 14 2008, 03:25)
still forced to use medium textures on my gtx-280's on SLI or i crash with a RESC10 , in game gameplay is a lil smoother but my frames are by far worse in the benchmark now then before the patch , was getting an average of 52 fps now im down to 40 fps in the bench sad.gif

so not all is bad with this patch but not all is good either

The game does not have nvidia SLI support so you are actually only able to use one of your GTX 280's therefore High texture is your max by default.

TheJabMan
  • TheJabMan

Stab you with a Buick

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

Yarr I need to grab a Quad, this Duo is not cutting it for said port.

Hopefully by the time I get one the game will be done, seeing as they're releasing it on an installment plan. Apparently.

Jnz
  • Jnz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

Gotta say, that after I defragged my GTA IV gamefolder with the EXCELLENT tips from GTAMONKEY2012: http://www.gtaforums...pic=378610&st=0 (Thanks mate for the excellent topic!!! smile.gif ) it seems, that the patch worked its' magic on my game:

Very well flowing framerate and it now drops at max to 25fps with my settings:

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1152 x 864 (75 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: Low
View Distance: 20
Detail Distance: 25
Cars: 6
Shadow: 0

And my system:

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Basic
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (640mb version - power upped from 513/792 to 600/900)
Video Driver version: 180.84
Audio Adapter: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (really running @ 2,5GHz)
+ Memory: 3 Gb - 800Mhz

So I'm satisfied now with the results of the patch as I'm now getting 30-35 fps while driving (20-25 when there's lots of cars or the scenery is showing LOTS of the city) and 30-40 on foot. And on foot/car it maxes at 60+ when standing still in a remote location.

I suggest EVERYONE to try the defrag tip of GTAMONKEY2012 and also every other tip in his topic! It might just make the difference smile.gif

Still I hope, that if just possible it would be nice if everyones fps could be raised a little with a future patch somehow. Gotta keep the dreams up wink.gif

But hope that everyone (with a help of future patch or the one just released) gets to enjoy a * awesome game that this one really is!

frankrupert
  • frankrupert

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

I came across the patch (now deleted from the site) and a launcher that bypasses the DVD protection on this site: My Beef Online

All works great.

dedesen
  • dedesen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

thanks!!!

patach
  • patach

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:43 AM

The patch has at least made the game playable. I have finally been able to play it for about 45 minutes with very little problems asides from some choppiness.

Then I signed off for a little bit, and then came back in. And now Niko can't even make it a block away from his apartment before the BSOD shows up, or the screen goes black.

I just deleted local content and am installing it again via a Steam download. I'll patch it up and again and see if I'll continue to have problems with it.

I've never ever had a problem with a Rockstar game before on my PC, this is the first. And seeing from some of the comments around here, Rockstar didn't do their homework prior to the PC release.

Gta Iv Rule
  • Gta Iv Rule

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (ArkangelJosh @ Dec 13 2008, 02:24)
Just got a message from live to download a Patch, just a message to all, i guess the patch finally has been released.

whether it will do anything who knows.

thanks

Direct links to Patch

Direct Microsoft Link Direct MS Link

direct download link

direct DL 2 Direct download Patch alternative mirror.

Rapid share

3rd try your luck downloading via GFWL in game.

thanx It Working Youre A king ..
gta rule!!

biggrin.gif Who Beleive IT working I aSk You:How HAHA

namechangedbyacs1
  • namechangedbyacs1

Owned!

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

You can download Patch for GTA IV at

www.gta-worldmods.de

Chosse left screen and go to GTA IV Patch

And download patch

It's 33 MB

ENYOY!!!!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

FX2K
  • FX2K

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Adikaaaa @ Dec 17 2008, 18:02)
You can download Patch for GTA IV at

www.gta-worldmods.de

Chosse left screen and go to GTA IV Patch

And download patch

It's 33 MB

ENYOY!!!!! lol.gif   lol.gif   lol.gif   lol.gif   lol.gif

Yeah if you want a million and one popups on your screen from your website
I thought id take a look, then got some stupid flight company website as an overlay which I couldnt get rid of,
Have the patch already but was interested in seeing the site.

<Floyd>
  • <Floyd>

GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

[QUOTE]Yeah if you want a million and one popups on your screen from your website
I thought id take a look, then got some stupid flight company website as an overlay which I couldnt get rid of,
Have the patch already but was interested in seeing the site. [QUOTE]

Ads keep sites like tha goin...crackin site aswell m8 lol.gif

Beadyboy
  • Beadyboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:20 AM

Patch no longer needed thanks, the previous one did nothing and I've somehow finished the game despite the pathetic frame rates. This would have to be the worst GTA ever released, with a massive loss of game features from the previous version and plain outright shocking memory usage/wastage.

sillyrainbow
  • sillyrainbow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

Patch has actually screwed my mates computer, before it he was running the game fine with 35 fps on lowest settings, and now he has to run all this crap and adjust stuff so he can atleast run the game, he got texture problems after the patch and when he fixed that his fps was around 5-10 so he had to adjust other things. I tried the same thing on a dud computer and it didn't work, so it was basically a one off case.

SicSyco
  • SicSyco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

The patch really didnt do much for me only make my controller unusable, i used to have a E6750 and i've moved over to Q9550 and still runs like s*** im hoping R* are making another patch to make it run decently, And it would be nice if R* would let us know whats going on i mean we bought this S*** so we have that right r*

MrNoHelp
  • MrNoHelp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:44 PM

Well the only thing the patch really fixed is my problems with bowling. Before the patch...I tried at least 25 swipes (not to mention that I almost had my mouse fall down from the desk to make a single throw!!!) until I throw the ball to the pins. Now with the patch, a gentle swipe makes a throw, which is cool.

Other than that, a patch is a must that should really do something with the game lagging problems...I think they call it performance patch.

Regarding the features removed, yes too bad that GTA IV does not have lots of stuff like GTA San Andreas. But I do hope that the new exp. packs that will be released soon to PS3 and X-Box will add some of those lost features (sub-missions: Emergency, firefighter). I hope R* THINKS logically and have this theory in mind "The sequel game must possess features that made the first game SOOO successful (GTA San Andreas) and adding new elements." If they cannot fulfill this task in the new sequel, then add-ons/exp.packs should compensate the missing elements.

RaidCypher
  • RaidCypher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

RaidCypher
  • RaidCypher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Torchz @ Dec 13 2008, 02:32)
Any direct download links?

Try this link:

http://news.bigdownl...uto-iv-patch-1/

BISMILLAH!!!!

How-To-Improve-GTA-IV
  • How-To-Improve-GTA-IV

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

It's time to get the new patch offering more graphic options (reflection and water quality) and performance boost.

glegalee
  • glegalee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hi peeps, Just got GTA IV for xmas, have installed it and tried to run it, but after the CMD prompt window appears I get an " GTA IV has encountered an error and needs to close" error report box and then it closes. I have installed the latest version of GFWL, RGSC and the patch that was released and updated my GFX card drivers. Here is the spec of my machine.

Spec:
Win XP SP3
Nvidia 7600GS 512MB RAM
AMD Athlon 1.09 GHz according to device manager
1GB DDR2 RAM
Copious ammounts of HDD space.

I guess that My problem lies in the processor size?

Cheers glegalee.

mjr_toker
  • mjr_toker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:25 PM Edited by mjr_toker, 02 January 2009 - 10:28 PM.

I don't think you meet the minimum required spec's.

Do you have PowerNow! enabled? Or something that is lowering your cpu's clockspeed/voltage? If so, disable it.

And for God's sake, DDR2 memory is cheaper than a crackwore on a saturday night. Get more ram!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users