Photo

Patch released?

695 replies to this topic
Colonel Clink
  • Colonel Clink

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:26 AM

There has been a dark fashion that has been sweeping the game world since the invention of dual and quad cores. That is, to make a game that is not yet complete and release it anyway. THEN expect the users to buy the game and wait for the release of a patch. Warhammer, Half Life, Left for Dead just to name a few. I am appalled at Rockstar Con Artists INC - [Formally Rockstar Games], this is simply not acceptable. I have been following the GTA series since I first remember saving up to buy the very first Grand Theft Auto. With each release they [Rockstar] made more and more money. I don't know slept with who, but Microsoft wanted a piece of the this action.

Wait a second R*, I seem to recall that just about every operating system Microsoft has released has been plauged with bugs. Don't worry says R* we make money and you don't, get it? Now they corrupt a reasonably seemless running game series [GTA to GTA III San Andreas] with their greedy silicon plated hands. They polluted R* with their gold plated thoughts with 'How are we going to squeeze more money out of this game' then the IRS ever could.

The thing that annoys me the most, amongst other things, is they claim that only a small few are having problems and that is computers that are 'not graphically capable' of running it. How dare you!, how dare you say something so vulgar. When you place 'System Requirements' of Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8ghz, 1.5G Ram [Vista], 16GB HDD and 256 Nvidia 7900. Are you telling me that this is acceptable gaming. This is illegal and it is called false advertising.

Now don't get me wrong, I run a Quad Core 2.83GHZ, 4G DDR3 RAM, GTX280, Vista Ultimate and with MORE then enough HDD space. GTA IV still runs like a pig and crashes more then an epileptic acoholic driving with a cracked front windshield while trying to complete a Chinese crossword he found in the back seat. So no, it isn't just the 'graphically incapable computers' R* and it sure isn't 1%. Now you release a lackluster patch, which like many gamers, made it worse [First crash is now as soon as I walk out the door]. Forshame R*. I hope you read this, I hope you take this all into account and wake up to yourself.

Regards,

Colonel Clink

P.S. Microsoft isn't your Mum, so tell them where they can stick their money and help out the people who made you what you are!!!

Irrati0nal
  • Irrati0nal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Colonel Clink @ Dec 13 2008, 08:26)
There has been a dark fashion that has been sweeping the game world since the invention of dual and quad cores. That is, to make a game that is not yet complete and release it anyway. THEN expect the users to buy the game and wait for the release of a patch. Warhammer, Half Life, Left for Dead just to name a few. I am appalled at Rockstar Con Artists INC - [Formally Rockstar Games], this is simply not acceptable. I have been following the GTA series since I first remember saving up to buy the very first Grand Theft Auto. With each release they [Rockstar] made more and more money. I don't know slept with who, but Microsoft wanted a piece of the this action.

Wait a second R*, I seem to recall that just about every operating system Microsoft has released has been plauged with bugs. Don't worry says R* we make money and you don't, get it? Now they corrupt a reasonably seemless running game series [GTA to GTA III San Andreas] with their greedy silicon plated hands. They polluted R* with their gold plated thoughts with 'How are we going to squeeze more money out of this game' then the IRS ever could.

The thing that annoys me the most, amongst other things, is they claim that only a small few are having problems and that is computers that are 'not graphically capable' of running it. How dare you!, how dare you say something so vulgar. When you place 'System Requirements' of Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8ghz, 1.5G Ram [Vista], 16GB HDD and 256 Nvidia 7900. Are you telling me that this is acceptable gaming. This is illegal and it is called false advertising.

Now don't get me wrong, I run a Quad Core 2.83GHZ, 4G DDR3 RAM, GTX280, Vista Ultimate and with MORE then enough HDD space. GTA IV still runs like a pig and crashes more then an epileptic acoholic driving with a cracked front windshield while trying to complete a Chinese crossword he found in the back seat. So no, it isn't just the 'graphically incapable computers' R* and it sure isn't 1%. Now you release a lackluster patch, which like many gamers, made it worse [First crash is now as soon as I walk out the door]. Forshame R*. I hope you read this, I hope you take this all into account and wake up to yourself.

Regards,

Colonel Clink

P.S. Microsoft isn't your Mum, so tell them where they can stick their money and help out the people who made you what you are!!!

The trend you speak of is true, with the advent of multiple cores games developers think it is acceptable to release a poorly coded game hpoing that the extra proccesing power will make up the difference.

JimB00b
  • JimB00b

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:43 AM Edited by JimB00b, 13 December 2008 - 08:45 AM.

HI , i have a question.

"The patch promised by Rockstar Games last Saturday is now available. Start your game and connect to LIVE to trigger the download. The patch is 32.6MB, takes a few minutes to install,..."

HOW TO HELL can i get the Patch when the Game crashes after legal notice with the Megssage "GTA VI dont work any more" [ <<free translation from german wink.gif ]

hmm?? any suggest?

Beadyboy
  • Beadyboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

I got a big improvement in fps but the camera is f*ckED now. It continuously wants to look directly down on the character, making game play worse than putting up with jerky framerates if not impossible.

How do you manually adjust the camera angle PLEASE???

Kakashi_sensei
  • Kakashi_sensei

Sammy Star-Rock's apprentice :-P

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:45 AM

What the heck, when I start my game there is no GTA IV update at all suicidal.gif

Jeremy252
  • Jeremy252

Crackhead

• Members

I can run the game on maximum now. Absolutely no more problems.

I approve

Colonel Clink
  • Colonel Clink

Player Hater

• Members

HI , i have a question.

"The patch promised by Rockstar Games last Saturday is now available. Start your game and connect to LIVE to trigger the download[U]. The patch is 32.6MB, takes a few minutes to install,..."

HOW TO HELL can i get the Patch when the Game crashes after legal notice with the Megssage "GTA VI dont work any more" [ <<free translation from german ]

hmm?? any suggest?

____________________________________________________________________________________

You can manually download it, there is links on the forums I think

dirty-dog
  • dirty-dog

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

I got the patch earlier via GFWL and it updated smoothly. I bought the game through Steam if that makes a difference.

It doesn't seem to have caused any problems for me that I noticed in playing for five minutes - controls and sound seemed normal.

It hasn't increased my FPS at all, which is as I expected. In fact I ran the benchmark twice and got 42fps and 43fps, whereas previously at the same settings I got 45fps. So possibly it has actually decreased performance, but we know the benchmark isn't terribly reliable or indicative of actual game performance so I'm not bothered by that per se.

The game still isn't saving my settings when I quit which is rather irritating. Perhaps this seemingly simple to fix issue can be resolved in a future patch, if indeed there will be any more patches. IIRC the older GTA games only got one patch each.

Overall then, just what I expected, no discernible difference, for better or worse. I'll have to see if any differences become apparent the next time I play for an extended time.

crazyafroman
  • crazyafroman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

facedesk.gif The patch will no auto download through the game... I think I might do something stupid, can someone give me a official link to the patch?

fiik
  • fiik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (JimB00b @ Dec 13 2008, 08:43)
HOW TO HELL can i get the Patch when the Game crashes after legal notice with the Megssage "GTA VI dont work any more" [ <<free translation from german wink.gif ]

hmm?? any suggest?

Try here http://www.ausgamers.com/ or a gamesite in your country.

waldoribeiro
  • waldoribeiro

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

Well, I installed the patch and now the game crashes to the desktop after the legal screen: SHFX20 meaning that I have to re-install. f*ck!

Ceano
  • Ceano

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

Well now i can't play at all, the game just spins around and i cant stop it (i'm playing with mouse + keyboard).
I still can't remap my mouse buttons to what i want.

Thanks R* icon13.gif

Prince79
  • Prince79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:54 AM

I installed patch, but the same problem. I hit start to begin a new game. It plays music in the background and i see what looks like a flash intro of characters which
sometimes repeats some of them then when it looks like its done loading it crashes to desktop.

Faulting application gtaiv.exe, version 1.0.1.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x6f706d6f.

devil.gif suicidal.gif angry.gif

cloudstrife
  • cloudstrife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:55 AM

yes it is the patch and fixes the missing textures problem but still the textures looks crappy improved memeory utilisation

caca president
  • caca president

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

Before the patch the game doesn't launch

user posted image

To have the patch i had to launch a game that doesn't launch

user posted image

after the patch it still doesn't launch

user posted image

Thanks for that non solving patch

cloudstrife
  • cloudstrife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:58 AM Edited by cloudstrife, 13 December 2008 - 09:02 AM.

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

caca president
  • caca president

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (caca president @ Dec 13 2008, 08:56)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

thanks for the patch it helps a lot

SicSyco
  • SicSyco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:04 AM

Seriously wheres that R* guy he needs to get on here and tell us wtf is going on cos my camera keeps looking at the damn sky and i cant prevent, Anyone else having that same problem?

Biohazard_X
  • Biohazard_X

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (SicSyco @ Dec 13 2008, 09:04)
Seriously wheres that R* guy he needs to get on here and tell us wtf is going on cos my camera keeps looking at the damn sky and i cant prevent, Anyone else having that same problem?

This happen if u use a crack. biggrin.gif

crazyafroman
  • crazyafroman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

Thx fiik
im getting the patch from aus gamers but i'm scared of all the problems the patch may cause,
can I trick LIVE into thinking I have the patch?
I have a LEGAL copy of the game...

Biohazard_X
  • Biohazard_X

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (crazyafroman @ Dec 13 2008, 09:06)
Thx fiik
im getting the patch from aus gamers but i'm scared of all the problems the patch may cause,
can I trick LIVE into thinking I have the patch?
I have a LEGAL copy of the game...

No! confused.gif

kbarber29
  • kbarber29

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (cloudstrife @ Dec 13 2008, 08:58)
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

Cloustrike - This is what the game looks like on high settings!? It looks the same as my low settings at 800x480.

hussam1988
  • hussam1988

So What???

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (crazyafroman @ Dec 13 2008, 08:50)
facedesk.gif The patch will no auto download through the game... I think I might do something stupid, can someone give me a official link to the patch?

there is nothing such as official link
this links right of live
http://rapidshare.co...e_from_live.zip
extracted off system files

caca president
  • caca president

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (caca president @ Dec 13 2008, 08:56)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Well i quote my self (doesn'nt help but makes me feel better) being patient for a week but the game still doesn't launch

Biohazard_X
  • Biohazard_X

Snitch

• Members

This is the link guys http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

screamsky
  • screamsky

Player Hater

• Members

where is the patch heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

chees3
  • chees3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

I have no in game sound after this patch.The raido stations work so does the music in romans room.anyone else having this issue?

cesurakkoc
  • cesurakkoc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

good 'm started download

SaxMachine
  • SaxMachine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (chees3 @ Dec 13 2008, 09:15)
I have no in game sound after this patch.The raido stations work so does the music in romans room.anyone else having this issue?

Same problem! angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

hussam1988
  • hussam1988

So What???

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (screamsky @ Dec 13 2008, 09:12)
where is the patch heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

posted millions of times different sites

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users