Photo

Star Wars: The Old Republic

226 replies to this topic
Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Davo the Assassin @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:28)
Absolutely love the story of the game, and the general lack of grinding.

100% agree. People say it feels like an online singple-player game, and IMO that's great. Do some side quests and class quests and you'll level with the game. With the added space missions, pvp, flashpoints and achievements there's tonnes of variety with barely any feeling of grinding.

I just levelled to 35 and absolutely loving the game still.

Thamuz
  • Thamuz

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 10:14)
Anyway it's probably the best MMORPG out there

More like the worst mmo out there. biggrin.gif

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I just started trying the flashpoints, god they're fun, you level up so fast with them too. Pvp is kind of boring and you just get pounded unless you're a pro at the game but I agree with the fact it's kind of like a single player online game, makes it much more fun for people like me.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 15:43)
I just started trying the flashpoints, god they're fun, you level up so fast with them too. Pvp is kind of boring and you just get pounded unless you're a pro at the game but I agree with the fact it's kind of like a single player online game, makes it much more fun for people like me.

Pounded in PvP?

What class are you playing and more importantly what level?

I kicked ass in PvP up untill 37 (which is what I'm at now tounge.gif )

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Is f2p model any good? I don't want to download 25gb if it sucks. And who knows, if it's good enough I might subscribe.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 19:37)
QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 15:43)

Pounded in PvP?

What class are you playing and more importantly what level?

I kicked ass in PvP up untill 37 (which is what I'm at now tounge.gif )

lvl 22 sith warrior, however I had a go again with a lvl 12 vanguard and I did ok, i think I'm better with ranged combat when it comes to pvp, when playing as a sith it always ended up being me on 4 or 5 people so I would die almost instantly.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

I might try this game again this weekend. I loved when I had the name Chris for one of my toons. One of the perks of getting early access. Unfortunately when the servers were merged I lost the name, but I did manage to snag Maru'jiwana which I thought was kind of neat.

Are there any new worlds yet by the way? I was really hoping that by now there'd be more planets to visit and more things to do.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 04:43)
Is f2p model any good? I don't want to download 25gb if it sucks. And who knows, if it's good enough I might subscribe.

May as well try. They have a new streaming feature so you can start playing after an hour of downloading (even if you don't download the full 18gbs).

@Inky, they have plenty of new stuff! Here:
http://www.reddit.co...i/major_changes
http://www.reddit.co...eturning_player

If any of you are playing, jump on the server The Bastion and pm me! The game is amazing, seriously.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 18:43)

I haven't been online for a while but it really sucked last time I was their, only two characters, no guild, can't equip artifacts, two professions while you need three to craft anything, limited amount of flashpoints and battlegrounds a week. Constant pop-up message saying: IF YOU SUBSCRIBE YOU CAN DO THIS, HUR.

I think they changed some things though.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 20:09)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 18:43)

I haven't been online for a while but it really sucked last time I was their, only two characters, no guild, can't equip artifacts, two professions while you need three to craft anything, limited amount of flashpoints and battlegrounds a week. Constant pop-up message saying: IF YOU SUBSCRIBE YOU CAN DO THIS, HUR.

To be honest it's still mostly the same. It's more of a trial of the game (with significant restrictions) if anything rather than 100% free to play. If you spend $5 on cartel coins you'll be a preferred player forever which is substantially better than being f2p.
I don't mind paying $15 a month, but obviously everyone is different with different expectations. smile.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm enjoying the story mode. But PvP would be impossible with f2p. There are so many restrictions. It's definitely the worst f2p model that I have ever seen. But I can see myself subscribing when I have more time to play. Right now I may just spend $5 to get a preferred status. It seems like a good deal.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Aug 2 2013, 15:58)
I'm enjoying the story mode. But PvP would be impossible with f2p. There are so many restrictions. It's definitely the worst f2p model that I have ever seen. But I can see myself subscribing when I have more time to play. Right now I may just spend $5 to get a preferred status. It seems like a good deal.

definitely worth the bonuses, I pre ordered the expansion for 10 which came with a month of subscription, the differences between f2p and preferred status is definitely noticeable, yet so is the gap between preferred status and subscription.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Currently playing SWKOTOR.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

This game is really good. I think it's worth subscribing just to play those group missions. They are awesome.

As I suspected, PvP is impossible. I was useless with my level 11 f2p character. Can't even sprint. Somehow I did receive 3 medals for being useless. I think the game took pity on me.
When I have more time to really dedicate myself to this I'm definitely subscribing. At least for just 30 days to get some good gear and then become a preferred player. I think it's more than worth it. Or maybe I'll get that expansion pack that comes with a subscription.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

I am sentenced to a life of SW: ToR:

Subscription_Tor2.jpg

• F4L? likes this

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

How are you all enjoying Galatic Starfighter?

I haven't been on for a while. I hit 55 and then I pretty much lost interest with the game unfortunately.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Galactic Starfighter was (just like most in this game) fun for a week or two, now queues are already pretty long.

I like it, it's basically a new game inside a game and it's good space combat simulation.

Other than that I don't have a 55 yet, so I'm taking it easy, keep starting over.

My 16000 days have been removed though :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users