Star Wars: The Old Republic

226 replies to this topic
pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

Give the game a go, honestly, it's really good. People have to remember it's only been out 2 months. Even WoW had it's teething problems when it first launched. icon14.gif

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Cheers guys. I've got to splash out a bit of money though as I'm running on a Mac, so I need to buy Windows 7 too (and then use Bootcamp, obviously).

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

I just saw this article on the official swtor website. Could anyone invite me, I wanna try the game before I buy it. smile.gif

PM me if you can.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

You and anyone else can PM me your email address and I'll happily give you one of my 7 day trials, got 3 invites and none of my friends are interested.

Padmasana
  • Padmasana

say wha?

• The Connection

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'll send an invite to anybody who wants one as well, just PM your email address my way. smile.gif

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:45 PM Edited by Slingaa, 10 March 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Never mind.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm considering starting a guild, let me know if you'd be interested.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

I'm on a "Standard" population server and it's really f*cking empty.

I'm so glad I didn't join a low population one, guess that means 2/3 people.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

I'd be interested, I'm still playing this, it's great fun. I picked up a copy of the collectors edition the other day and its got some cool items with it.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Recently I resubscribed to this game to play with some buddies and found there has been/is server merging going on which is never a good sign. However the server I play on now has had a few merged into it already and it's nice to finally see a lot of people playing all at once:

user posted image

At peak times I've seen the Imperial station have around 300+ people on it.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Don't know if you've been keeping up to date with the SWTOR news, but the increase in players is due to the new addition of server transfers. This is actually pretty bad because there is now technically only one US PvE server, one US PvP server and one US RP server. The rest of the servers only have about 10 people on the fleet these days. Eventually the people on the sparsely populated servers will be forced out to the three densely populated servers.

The increased number of people in the servers will be good for flashpoints and PvP, but will be terrible for PvE.

Bioware handled the server transfers completely wrong if you ask me, they could have saved SWTOR but have done the complete opposite.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Cancelled my subscription.

My empty server didn't get any free transfers or merges and I was only in for the Group Finder anyway on the beta, might come back after merges and a working Group Finder.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

They're considering free-to-play though, right? This has worked in the past for other MMO's, so it might save SWTOR.

http://kotaku.com/59...he-old-republic

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

Sorry for the double post (it's been over a year, c'mon!) but I was wondering if anyone plays this anymore? The game is absolutely thriving since f2p and I'd love to play with some of you guys!

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

I started playing a few months ago but haven't played since the last double xp weekend so my main character is still at a low level. I do intend on continuing to play though, I've just never played an mmorpg like this before so it took me a while to get into it.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 00:32)
I started playing a few months ago but haven't played since the last double xp weekend so my main character is still at a low level. I do intend on continuing to play though, I've just never played an mmorpg like this before so it took me a while to get into it.

Yeah it's taking me a while too. I'm loving the game though, surprised at how addicting it is!

TEoS
  • TEoS

Prepare for trouble...

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I cancelled my subscription last week. My guild exploded a few months ago due to some bad decisions by our guild leader, so I lost interest in the game. Which is a shame, because it's one of the most fun MMORPGs I've ever played.

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Now, shall we begin?

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Does anyone still play this? I was thinking about giving it a go.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

I still have an account, can always go play again (I recently had to clear room though for other games so don't have it installed atm).

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Now, shall we begin?

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 21:37)
I still have an account, can always go play again (I recently had to clear room though for other games so don't have it installed atm).

What's your opinion on the game? Would you recommend me playing it?

Padmasana
  • Padmasana

say wha?

• The Connection

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

I've been subscribed since the game came out, and still hop on from time to time. Still haven't gotten a character to level 55, and I own the expansion. If anyone would like to play sometime, I'd be down. smile.gif

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Now, shall we begin?

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

I'm downloading it now. icon14.gif

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

I'm playing on the server 'The Bastion' - join that one Jedi! smile.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Mmmm, I thought I posted a response;

Anyway it's probably the best MMORPG out there (even though the only dialogue options are good or bad). Gameplay is fun too (Battlegrounds are meh).

Problem with TOR is the community, I'm a very social MMO player and I still have problems finding people to level with.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:14)
Anyway it's probably the best MMORPG out there (even though the only dialogue options are good or bad). Gameplay is fun too (Battlegrounds are meh).

Problem with TOR is the community, I'm a very social MMO player and I still have problems finding people to level with.

I'm absolutely loving this game. I'm surprised there is negative feedback around it. Although, I guess there's negative opinions on every MMO. It's seriously everything I'd want/need in an MMO.
Amazing storylines where I can change the story with dark/light choices.
Great skill system with a massive variety of choice.
Flashpoints and Warzones offer everything I'd need outside of PVE.
Thousands of items/mounts/pets and a billion things to collect and to look at.

So yeah, I agree with you, but I'm not sure everyone will wink.gif .

What server are you playing on Fireman? I've actually found the community overly helpful. I've posted a few times on Reddit and I've been bombarded with help and messages of people who want to team up in-game to help me. I've even asked people in game for help and they've obliged, too.
I'd suggest posting in general chat asking if anyone wants to level with you, or do some flashpoints and find some chatty folk who seem like chilled people who'd be fun to level with. smile.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 10:20)
What server are you playing on Fireman? I've actually found the community overly helpful. I've posted a few times on Reddit and I've been bombarded with help and messages of people who want to team up in-game to help me. I've even asked people in game for help and they've obliged, too.
I'd suggest posting in general chat asking if anyone wants to level with you, or do some flashpoints and find some chatty folk who seem like chilled people who'd be fun to level with. smile.gif

They're helpful yeah, but they don't do much, there's not much going on outside of leveling, flashpoints and battlegrounds. general chat and trade chat are just really boring.

Can't remember what server I'm on, but weren't there only like six servers left?

I came from Dune'Batha or something originally before all the servers merged.

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Now, shall we begin?

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by Jedi., 23 July 2013 - 04:01 PM.

What level is everyone? I'd suggest we all get together and play but I'm sure the difference in levels might be a problem. I'll make a character on The Bastion server now. icon14.gif

EDIT: What time zone is everyone in? And what time do people play?

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I've got characters on european and american servers though I only really play on the european pve servers. I haven't grouped with anyone before simply because I've been focused on the story. I'm not interested in pvp but the flashpoints look cool, i'd like to try them out at some point.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:38)
They're helpful yeah, but they don't do much, there's not much going on outside of leveling, flashpoints and battlegrounds. general chat and trade chat are just really boring.

Can't remember what server I'm on, but weren't there only like six servers left?

I came from Dune'Batha or something originally before all the servers merged.

Maybe it's different now with F2P? From what I can tell, the game is doing extremely well popularity wise. Every time I go to the fleet it's ridiculously busy in general chat, but I think other planets don't have as much chat.

Oh, and there's a lot more than 6 servers now! List here!

@Jedi. I'm a level 26 Jedi Sentinel at the moment, and I'm on AEST (GMT + 10).

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

I have a Tooper Vanguard (Despaard) at level 36, currently about a 1/3 through Balmorra. I also have a Sith Sorcerer (Lragorn) at level 30, who is currently stuck trying to kill Zash back on Dromuund Kaas. I had my friend carry through my Sith, and subsequently is too weak to actually progress by himself haha! Both are on Red Eclipse, and I'm subbed.

I play it a lot with my girlfriend, who had like 12 different accounts all ~level 30, until she cleared out the ones she doesn't play any more. Funnily our love of SWTOR was what got us talking regularly in the first place. Who says you can't find love in the least expecting of places!

Absolutely love the story of the game, and the general lack of grinding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users