Star Wars: The Old Republic

226 replies to this topic
pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'm screwed, I had the game ask me for one of my security questions, It didn;t warn about case sensitive, got it wrong and they've locked my account. Can't get through to them due to the high volume of calls they're having.... ph34r.gif

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

Wow. They lock you out of your account even if you get it wrong once? Gotta be REAL careful about spelling errors then.

I'm in as well. Played this morning for a few hours before work. Gonna jump in again biggrin.gif

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Loving this game so far. I played for like 15 hours straight yesterday moto_whistle.gif

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:21 AM Edited by TEoS, 16 December 2011 - 03:19 AM.

As one of the latecomer pre-orders, I imagine I won't be getting much early game access. Still pretty excited for this, a few people at work are in already and can't stop talking about it.

You guys planning on forming any guilds?

Edit: Damn this download is monstrous! Not sure it'll be done by the time the game launches.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

Currently in a guild on The Harbinger, Republic side.

1 hour queue - jesus tittyf*cking christ.

BroDan
  • BroDan

Jesus Saves!

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:45 AM

I really hope the queues start to fade. I don't wanna be paying every month to only have to queue when I play. Loving the game though. Pure evil Sith Marauder biggrin.gif

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

So I'm forcing myself to take a break, so screenshots.

user posted image

Click to enlarge:
user posted image

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

Nar Shadaa looks great. I'm on Balmorra currently on my Operative.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Having fun with this game. Got a Sith Marauder at level 11 right now, I feel like lightsaber damage doesn't seem to scale very well, unless I'm doing something wrong. I find my companion pulling aggro off me pretty much every fight.

Guess I'll have to wait for a guide or something.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Sunday, Dec 18 2011, 03:43)
Having fun with this game. Got a Sith Marauder at level 11 right now, I feel like lightsaber damage doesn't seem to scale very well, unless I'm doing something wrong. I find my companion pulling aggro off me pretty much every fight.

Guess I'll have to wait for a guide or something.

That's supposed to happen. Your companion is supposed to act like a tank. If you try to kill everything head-on you'll die, easily. You should always let your companion take more damage and die first. Always.

I love this game except for the fact there is no grace period for disconnects. I was PvPing, kicking major arse (which is never common for me) before I got dc'd. No big deal I figured, but 10 seconds later I try to log in and I get placed in a 200 person queue. 15 minutes in the queue I get dc'd AGAIN, and have to wait in a 300 person queue now.

... is this real life???

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

And servers are down for maintenance. Was hoping to get my new character out of the starter area before launch to avoid launchmania, which I'm sure is going to be a clusterf*ck. 30 minutes of waiting in line to kill quest mobs, blech.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

Quite an inconvenient time. Though when the servers come back up the game will "officially" be launched. Hope to god they've fixed the obvious issues like being forced to wait in queue even if you get DC'ed and Taris lag.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

I feel like a bit of an idiot. I went from Coruscant to Nar Shadaa instead of Taris first, and now that I'm finished in Nar Shadaa I'm sitting at level 23 and am breezing through Taris. Oh well, story's still fun when I can get into it smile.gif

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm a level 32 Operative, working ona Smuggler for PvP now.

Also i have a fun story about my CE.

Ordered it from Wal-mart, they said I needed to call them to fix billing info or it would be cancelled. I called and they said it was fixed, then I got an email 2 days later saying it was cancelled. I emailed them back and they said it was fixed and would ship normally. I called today because it hadn't arrived and they said it had been cancelled.. sad.gif Well, I went to Gamestop to pick up a regular and the lady said she would check... she came out with the CE box and said it was all she had, so I bought it immediately, and now I'm waiting to put in my registration code!

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Working on a smuggler with a 32 IA? They're essentially the same class. confused.gif

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Thursday, Dec 22 2011, 17:28)
Working on a smuggler with a 32 IA? They're essentially the same class. confused.gif

There's way less Republic players, and I want to roll on a PvP server and I like Agent so I rolled a smuggler.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Meh, extended server maintenance, I hate it when MMOs do this, especially during daytime hours. This kind of sh*t should be done at night, on a Tuesday. At least WoW got that right.

Hit 32 on my Bounty Hunter last night. This game is extremely fun and immersive. There's a few issues with the interface I wish I could change, but overall Bioware did an outstanding job. I'm looking forward to the end game.

I hope they add the option for a guild Starcruiser at some point. I don't know if it could have any gameplay purpose, but having you and your guildmates save up for a Star Destroyer type ship to hang out on would be awesome. Maybe it could work like the City of Villains lair as a PvP objective. That would be sweet.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

I'm having a severe case of being an alt whore again.

Hit 27 on my Smuggler but wasn't really feeling it, so I rolled a Jedi Knight, but got bored at level 12. Tried again with Sith Inquisitor, but the same thing happened. Maybe I should just stick with my Smuggler... tounge.gif

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:09 AM

I find the storyline too compelling to make an alt. I was planning on leveling a Bounty Hunter and a Sith Warrior together but I can't stop playing the former.

Got my fourth companion this afternoon (including the ship droid). I was being super nice to him to ensure he joined my crew for the sole purpose of throwing him on the ship and having him do crew missions all day. My productivity is much higher now, I'm starting to have a better grasp on the Crew Skills themselves. Reverse Engineering is pretty important.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

Check this sh*t out.

user posted image

Betcha can't do this?

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Revan's mask? confused.gif

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:39 PM Edited by AreXi, 01 January 2012 - 11:59 PM.

QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, Jan 2 2012, 01:14)
Revan's mask? confused.gif

Blue and red lightsabers. It shouldn't be possible to have both at the same time, seeing as how you can't have a blue saber if you're Dark I or above or have a red one if you're Light I or above. I'm Dark II currently, just for the record.

EDIT: That's not Revan's mask, btw.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Meh - looked like it for a second. In any regard, I've seen quite a few people running around with that as well. No clue how it's done, anyhow.

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

Can't neutral use red and blue?

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Guns N R0se @ Friday, Jan 6 2012, 06:59)
Can't neutral use red and blue?

I believe they can. But I was Dark II when that happened, so yeah. tounge.gif

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:35 AM

How's this going fellas? Worth the sub fee?

Anyway I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Pause at 2:14

Play this and resume the trailer, makes it feel a lot more powerful and amazing smile.gif

Padmasana
  • Padmasana

say wha?

• The Connection

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Decided to finally install this, leveled a Sith Inquisitor to level 10ish, and just got to Dromund Kaas. I'm playing on a EU server called Sceptre Of Ragnos.

Really loving it so far. biggrin.gif

Guns N R0se
  • Guns N R0se

King of the Mountain

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hit 50 last night.

List of my toons
  • 50 Scoundrel healer
  • 33 Commando Healer
  • 32 Operative Healer
  • 27 Vanguard Tank
  • 19 Guardian Tank
  • 13 Sage Healer

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

Still can't decide whether I should pick this up or not. I've watched a few gameplays/reviews but the game seems to be missing 'something'...

It might be the art style I'm not really too sure, it just doesn't look as awesome as being a jedi/sith should be. I wouldn't mind an opinion of how the game is currently, seeing as the community will have settled down a bit since release.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Saturday, Feb 4 2012, 21:12)
Still can't decide whether I should pick this up or not. I've watched a few gameplays/reviews but the game seems to be missing 'something'...

It might be the art style I'm not really too sure, it just doesn't look as awesome as being a jedi/sith should be. I wouldn't mind an opinion of how the game is currently, seeing as the community will have settled down a bit since release.

Gameplay videos don't really do this game justice. I thought the same way you did, yet I find myself playing this game upwards 20 hours a week. It's real fun. Endgame is still a little clunky and there's quite a few bugs to be ironed out though.

My level 50 gunslinger has almost all item level 124 gear with the epic daily mods. Ready to run some HM's now smile.gif Also working on a Jedi Sage healer, so far only level 16 though which I'm really taking a liking to. Played one during beta and was pretty undecided on it, but for some reason I'm real drawn to it now.

Honestly, you don't have much to lose. The game isn't very innovative or creative (similar to WoW), but if you're able to look past that and play the game for what it is, you'll really like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users