Photo

mission editor

3 replies to this topic
Jops
  • Jops

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

It would have been so easy for R* to implement a custom mission editor in same vein as the replay editor. Console or PC version imagine how much meat that would have added to the game.

But it would have been just as easy to impliment this along with a place to import custom voice, music, skins and models. I doubt the mod community would threaten R*'s interests in fact an ingame-editor would probably have bolstered sales.

too bad icon13.gif

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:55 AM

That would rock massively!

Like you say it would extend the life of the game exponentially and would also mean we could set up proper movies as we would have control over ingame characters. Setting up a real movie set.. Imagine that.

They could certainly leverage the replay editor to provide functions to build a mission.. The current editor clearly jacks into the system the Rockstar dev's use to create the cutscenes etc, so it should be possible to also interface with the mission building system..

Maybe just a dream for now but who knows down the line..

FriedCoD
  • FriedCoD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:26 PM Edited by FriedCoD, 11 December 2008 - 10:29 PM.

OMG! i so incredibly hope they add that in a DLC package.... or some1 mods it in ... QUICK! biggrin.gif

then again, the reason they didnt do that is so ppl will need to buy DLCs... which is incredibly lame... greedy bastards

hmm.... i just read the DLCs are exclusive to xbox 360... wtf??
screw rockstar... some ppls gotta rip the source code outta this game and release it so no1 buys GTA games again ...lol... biggrin.gif devil.gif devil.gif

L0uNGeR
  • L0uNGeR

Ya, that's what I said.

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

There are already loaders that hook directly into the engine and let you add your own crap.
This after a couple days.
GTA4 modding is starting better than ever, and I think it's gonna get huge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users