Photo

GTA IV doesnt start at all.

29 replies to this topic
yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:09 AM

Ok I got the weirdest GTA IV problem ever.

Lets start from the beginning. I started by testing GTA IV by downloading it from a torrent. It was just for testint wether I would like the pc version or not. I Exspecially downloaded it to see if there were really so many problems getting the game to work. I didnt have so many trouble playing it. I got a good (You know what file) and the game ran smoothly.

So I bought the game in the store today. Uninstalled the cracked version. And installed the original version of the game.

This is my machine.

HD4870/512MB in crossfire
Intel Quadcore Q9550 @ 3,8GHZ
4Gigabytes of ram
Asus P5E motherboard.
And 2 Samsung F1 harddisks in RAID0
And a Xfidelity Xtreme gamer soundcard.
Im running on Vista ultimate 64BIT and service pack 1 is installed.

After installing the game I dubbelclicked the GTA 4 exe to start the game. Rockstar social club popped up. And in the lower left corner there was a big shiny button saying "Play"
So I pressed that button. Social club minimized tray itself and there was a sandbox (Blue/green glowing circle in vista. Dont know how they call it. I still call it a sandbox) and after 5seconds or so it dissapeared and nothing booted up. GTA IV also aint running in task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE)

I tried to reboot my pc several times. Also I dont know what disk to put in my DVD drives tray. Disk 1 or 2. But I tried both of them. And when I try to start the launcher (Dubbelclicking on my dvd device in my computer I get the GTA IV launcher with some weird text in it. Guess its normal since the cracked version showed the same launcher)

Whatever it shows on my screen. The fact remains I cant play the game. When I put a crack in my directory though the game boots up fine. So guess its even easier to use a crack these days. But I wanna play the game original. Without a crack. So if anyone coud be of assistance to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh and I tried google and such. Apparently nobody have ever had the same problem Im experiencing atm.

Thanx in advance. And GL to everyone playing the game (IF it works at all)

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

wow that sucks. try running in windows 2000 comaptability mode

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:29 AM

Doesnt work.
Running as ADMIN doesnt work either.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:32 AM

wait for a patch. in the meantime just play the cracked version.

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:56 AM

Ye tyats great dozingoff.gif

But maybe someone else knows more rolleyes.gif

JeddyH
  • JeddyH

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:14 AM

f*cking run away, ur pc is a bomb

ciphrix
  • ciphrix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

This will teach you to be legit and actually buy games... dontgetit.gif

Have you tried reinstalling? Completely removing your old illegal (but working) copy of GITA:IV and installing your legal copy into a different folder?

You've probably tried those, but worth mentioning just in case. Also its Disc 1 that u need in the drive

JeddyH
  • JeddyH

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (ciphrix @ Dec 11 2008, 08:16)
This will teach you to be legit and actually buy games... dontgetit.gif

Have you tried reinstalling? Completely removing your old illegal (but working) copy of GITA:IV and installing your legal copy into a different folder?

You've probably tried those, but worth mentioning just in case. Also its Disc 1 that u need in the drive

I would d/l a game before buying it if i saw this many problems with it, lucky i dont have any so yea lucky

Quemical
  • Quemical

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:21 AM

From the sound of things they got a working crack for the game. On day 1 i kept hearing that pirates had to settle for Nico always being drunk. lol

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:21 AM Edited by yoda704, 11 December 2008 - 08:24 AM.

This will teach you to be legit and actually buy games...†

ugh confused.gif Are u sarcastic or serious. If not sarcastic im already pissed of so dont make it worse. I only downloaded it for testing after all those rants. Why do u think I bought it in the second place.

Sorry if I sound a bit pissed. But I stayed up all night getting it to work. So im not really in the mood for jokes. But either way still thanks for trying to help me.

yer I did. And I always install my games to the non default directory cause I have a partition for all my games.

yups, and it aint booting with disk one unfortunately.

From the sound of things they got a working crack for the game. On day 1 i kept hearing that pirates had to settle for Nico always being drunk. lol

The crack aint the problem. I can play it cracked. Without problems like drunken cam etc. But I wanna play it legal. With a freakin disk. But like I said apparently its even easier to play this game cracked in my case.

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

bump

In case anyone might know something to solve this.

NecroViolator
  • NecroViolator

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

Did you manually "unlock" the game with the serial on your manual ???
Also do you see the SuckoRom CD/DVD spinning after Command Prompt ???

madalin2009
  • madalin2009

Modder for every GTA except IV.

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (yoda704 @ Dec 11 2008, 02:09)
Ok I got the weirdest GTA IV problem ever.

Lets start from the beginning. I started by testing GTA IV by downloading it from a torrent. It was just for testint wether I would like the pc version or not. I Exspecially downloaded it to see if there were really so many problems getting the game to work. I didnt have so many trouble playing it. I got a good (You know what file) and the game ran smoothly.

So I bought the game in the store today. Uninstalled the cracked version. And installed the original version of the game.

This is my machine.

HD4870/512MB in crossfire
Intel Quadcore Q9550 @ 3,8GHZ
4Gigabytes of ram
Asus P5E motherboard.
And 2 Samsung F1 harddisks in RAID0
And a Xfidelity Xtreme gamer soundcard.
Im running on Vista ultimate 64BIT and service pack 1 is installed.

After installing the game I dubbelclicked the GTA 4 exe to start the game. Rockstar social club popped up. And in the lower left corner there was a big shiny button saying "Play"
So I pressed that button. Social club minimized tray itself and there was a sandbox (Blue/green glowing circle in vista. Dont know how they call it. I still call it a sandbox) and after 5seconds or so it dissapeared and nothing booted up. GTA IV also aint running in task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE)

I tried to reboot my pc several times. Also I dont know what disk to put in my DVD drives tray. Disk 1 or 2. But I tried both of them. And when I try to start the launcher (Dubbelclicking on my dvd device in my computer I get the GTA IV launcher with some weird text in it. Guess its normal since the cracked version showed the same launcher)

Whatever it shows on my screen. The fact remains I cant play the game. When I put a crack in my directory though the game boots up fine. So guess its even easier to use a crack these days. But I wanna play the game original. Without a crack. So if anyone coud be of assistance to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh and I tried google and such. Apparently nobody have ever had the same problem Im experiencing atm.

Thanx in advance. And GL to everyone playing the game (IF it works at all)

I have same problem with both Cracked and Buyed version!
Man, I think we need to wait for that D*MN patch, I still CAN'T wait, I wanna play GTA IV Singleplayer and Multiplayer on the PC!

I tryied any DAMN system compatibility mode.
None works

IS THIS GAME MADE BY EA or rahkstar2.gif ?!

Apo-TTCC
  • Apo-TTCC

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:31 PM Edited by Apo-TTCC, 11 December 2008 - 03:36 PM.

Did you clean your registry after uninstalling the torrent version? There might be some leftovers that prevent the legal retail version from running properly.

From the DRM readme:
Q. If I uninstall GTA IV, how can I be certain that there wonít be anything left on my computer? I remember hearing that SecuROM was still on computers even if someone uninstalled Spore. I donít want to have to jump through any hoops just to uninstall a game and anything else that was on the disc when I installed it.

A. As part of the uninstall process, the Rockstar Games Social Club application and the GTA IV game can both be removed.† Shared software and plug-ins, such as Games for Windows Live, Adobe Flash and Direct-X may have to be deleted separately.† In regards to SecuROM, deleting GTA IV will remove the active functions if it is the only application that requires SecuROM, but some traces will remain, such as a registry entry and file, which allows you to reinstall without re-entering your authentication code. We are working with SecuROM to post information on our support pages regarding how to remove these inactive traces of the program for users who wish to do so.

Q. I have serious problems with software or registry entries being installed on my computer by games and then not allowing me to uninstall them. Even if I do manage to get them off of my computer, how can I be sure my game will still run?

A. If you remove any components needed for GTA IV, like SecuROM, Games for Windows-LIVE or Social Club, the game will not run. Period.

Registry entries are part of each of these components and if removed will stop you from playing the game until you re-install all necessary components.

Source: http://rockstargames...o...o IV PC.doc

reznor
  • reznor

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:39 PM

I have the same problem too, with or without the crack that Crash !
I tried everything and updated, but nothing to do...crash on crash (after copyright screen) mad.gif

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

Did you manually "unlock" the game with the serial on your manual ???

Where do I have to enter this serial. In the cracked version they asked for this key in the game itself. So i should start the game in order to enter this code. But if you have a way around this to enter this serial without booting the game please tell me.

Also do you see the SuckoRom CD/DVD spinning after Command Prompt ???

I know what you mean. When I start GTA IV (social club) I get a command prompt. It only shows a white bar in the upper left corner of the command prompt. No further information. And because you just mentioned it I see theres really no text in the command prompt.

Also im trying to find any left over registrys in regedit.

EDIT:Nope, all registers seems to be uninstalled fine.

CCJ
  • CCJ

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

Can't help here, but Disk 1 is required to play the game.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

to remove all traces of the cracked version. use a program called RevoUninstaller. just google it. it will delete EVERYTHING pertaining to whatever program you choose.

still, i advise keeping the downloaded crack archives so that you can always reinstall the crack if your retail copy doesnt work.

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

THX. Gotta try it out.

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

So I uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller. Im gonna install again. I'll let you guys know if it worked or not.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

Buy the game, you scaff !!

user posted image

PharmacisT-
  • PharmacisT-

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

For everyone with ATI cards .. if your GTAIV crashs after Copyright Screen:

If you want to play GTA IV Download CPU-Control 2.1 .. then start it and select CPU1 (makes all other CPU's turn off) then start GTAIV .. when ur in the menu go back to windows(Alt+Tab) and put CPU control CPU to manual to activate alls processors ... have fun biggrin.gif

PS if you have Quad Core you have to go options and tick QuadCore...

PharmacisT-

sry for bad english im german .. trust me it will work .. (=

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:31 PM

Oh your the nerd on that picture colgate.gif Then why didnt U read my posts and the replies correctly. I SAID FOR THE TEN THOUSANDS TIME THAT I BOUGHT THE GAME. I ONLY SAID I TRIED IT TO SEE IF IT WORKED. APPARENTLY MY CRACKED VERSION WORKED AND THE ORIGINAL DIDNT.

Pathetic unsocialized whining noob. Thats what you are.

ugh kugh aheum......

Ok back on topic.

Apparently after reinstalling the game I dont seem to have any more problems starting the game. It runs fine know. But Know I have some multiplayer problems. I have a live account created and entered my serial code.

So im unable to start a multiplayer game. If I try to start one my cell phone says >> You must be connected to games for windows - LIVE to acces multiplayer.

And when I press the "Home" key in game to popup "Games for windows live" menu and check my netwerk status it says my internet IP adres isnt signed on. Also my cp account and Upnp arent signed on. Whatever a cpu account and Upnp is. Cause I dont know. Only thing I know is that every firewall is put off and I have non firewall router. So that should mean the ports should just be opened.

Also Im signed in with my live xbox account and social club account. So whats going on. Furthermore the game runs fine. Good FPS (Should be higher in fact. But way enough compared to other users) and no freaking artifacts or bugs and errors.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (yoda704 @ Dec 11 2008, 17:31)

Oh your the nerd on that picture colgate.gif Then why didnt U read my posts and the replies correctly. I SAID FOR THE TEN THOUSANDS TIME THAT I BOUGHT THE GAME. I ONLY SAID I TRIED IT TO SEE IF IT WORKED. APPARENTLY MY CRACKED VERSION WORKED AND THE ORIGINAL DIDNT.

Pathetic unsocialized whining noob. Thats what you are.

ugh kugh aheum......

Ok back on topic.

Apparently after reinstalling the game I dont seem to have any more problems starting the game. It runs fine know. But Know I have some multiplayer problems. I have a live account created and entered my serial code.

So im unable to start a multiplayer game. If I try to start one my cell phone says >> You must be connected to games for windows - LIVE to acces multiplayer.

And when I press the "Home" key in game to popup "Games for windows live" menu and check my netwerk status it says my internet IP adres isnt signed on. Also my cp account and Upnp arent signed on. Whatever a cpu account and Upnp is. Cause I dont know. Only thing I know is that every firewall is put off and I have non firewall router. So that should mean the ports should just be opened.

Also Im signed in with my live xbox account and social club account. So whats going on. Furthermore the game runs fine. Good FPS (Should be higher in fact. But way enough compared to other users) and no freaking artifacts or bugs and errors.

;;bump;; glad you got it running. i cant help with that problem, but maybe someone else can.

CEMEH_CEMEHbl4
  • CEMEH_CEMEHbl4

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (yoda704 @ Dec 11 2008, 02:09)
my pc is a bomb.

ROFL

run away man, its gonna explode!

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:01 PM

bump.

Thanx for al help so far.
Perhaps someone can still help me with my multiplayer problem.

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

bump

yoda704
  • yoda704

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

another bump tounge.gif

majkl_
  • majkl_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

hey guys,

i have got the same problem. I have original version of GTA IV, and the game does NOT start. Just black DOS box appears for a second, and then....nothing. No error, no message, nothing... confused.gif

My system specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2,4GHz
4Gb RAM (DDR2, 800MHz)
GeForce 9600GT GS 1Gb

Windows XP(32bit), SP3
.NET Framework 3.5
latest Nvidia drivers 180.84

I really dont know what to do with it....i would appreciate all help comments wink.gif

-----------------------

I feel like an a**hole. My only hope for solving this problem was the PATCH. After installing it, nothing happens again. Nothing, nothing, nothing.... suicidal.gif

I tried to:

1)reinstall the game 3x
2)reinstall drivers 3x
3)reinstall .NET Framework 2x

I did not do just one thing -> throw my PC out of the window. I am pretty mad now. This was the last game I bought from R* angry.gif

Support is not responding. What should I do?

alansabout
  • alansabout

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:35 PM

I also had the same problem with the game not launching, for some reason it fails to install the launch exe file it my be a secrom fault I had the same problem with crysis wars. I have a duel boot system running Xp home (the one that is causing the fault) and vista home so I installed the game on vista and then copied all the files over to the rock* folder in the XP drive and it was all Ok this problem I am sure is caused by secrom but it only seems to effect XP set up in a certain way, it is another program perhaps that is upsetting it. With regard to crysis wars at a later date and with a clean install on XP it ran with no problem which is what leads me to believe it is a software conflict. So if you don't have access to a vista machine you could try a clean install, a bit drastic I know. I wish that I had made a closer study of both install files to see what was missing but i was a bit keen to get the game running. Hope this is of some help.
A.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users