Photo

GTA 4 cop bug

18 replies to this topic
wuyanxu
  • wuyanxu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

i am half way in Chapter 3 (according to GTA4.net mission guide) and i cannot get pass Tunnel of Death because the cops just ignores me. (no cheat been used what so ever with this saved game) and i don't get a location to drive to finish the mission.

it seems to be a savedgame issue, i can shoot at cops and do all kind of explosions/shooting/killing in front of cops, the star level won't appear. use the "Raise heat level cheat" only makes one star level flash once, and gone.

however, if i start from beginning, i will get police attention when i steal people's car infront of them.

please, please tell me what's wrong with my saved game, i don't want to play start from beginning, and with the bad implementation of Games for Windows Live, it's not *yet* possible to download other people's saved game. so it's going to be either fix this issue with my current saved game or this crappy, bad performing game is going on ebay.

wuyanxu
  • wuyanxu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

got some small progress, i died 3 times and the police now seems to take an interest in me.

so i saved the game once i escaped. but when i load it an hour later, it goes back to before, where police always ignores me, even if i kill the police sitting next to the driver.

wuyanxu
  • wuyanxu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

the new patch does NOT fix this problem.

only way is to die twice, and on respawn at hospital, the police will began to take notice of my actions, and i will receive star level as usual.

please, please fix this game, i don't want to re-play the whole game, and with the f*cking Games for Windows crap, we cannot share savedgames now.

fischju
  • fischju

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

Damn I'm having this problem too. After trying everything to make my old saves work I start a new game, then after a while the cops ignore me.

Aeka
  • Aeka

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:20 PM

smile.gif , That bug is also in gtasa on certain parts of certain missions.
I don't think it's the same instance of the bug though.

Zefra
  • Zefra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:38 PM

This bug occured on my gta 4 when i was playing it on ps3 back when there wasn't a pc version yet. It went away don't remember how but it went away and never returned. All in all it wasn't that groundbreaking for me as it is a very rare bug.

Godfather1983
  • Godfather1983

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:54 PM

Will there be a solution? I would bring already with pleasure the game to ends.

bubbamyke
  • bubbamyke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:56 AM

hi, have you found any solution for this problem? it is very annoying.

Tantalus91
  • Tantalus91

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:35 AM

Get DualCore's "simple native trainer" from the mods section, just drop it in your gtaiv game folder, doesnt replace any files.

When you are ingame and press Tab it will let you save from any spot

Get somewhat far away from your safehouse and save the game using the trainer.

Quit your game.

Start back up, manualy load the save file you just saved with the trainer, in the load menu

and wala! No more stupid cops

bubbamyke
  • bubbamyke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

hi

it does not work. i noticed something strange: it does not matter whether i turn the "stupid police option" on or off. they are always stupid.

and what do you mean with "start back up" ??

greets

Tantalus91
  • Tantalus91

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

As in completely exit to windows.

Well this worked for me, is a long shot.

This could be an easter egg left by rockstar that if securom things your stealin the game, like placed a mod inside the game the wrong way, it activates some random script to kill your game experiance.

bubbamyke
  • bubbamyke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:40 PM Edited by bubbamyke, 13 March 2009 - 08:13 PM.

ok, thank you

this seems quite possible, because i also noticed, that my progress-level does not work anymore. it it always at 75%, although i already made finished everything except the pigeons.

the support of take2 does not want to help me, they always say: it is not a bug, please call our hotline. unfortunately the telephone number they gave me does not work.

someone knows how can i make securom think, i have a legal game...

i do not want to crack it, i have bought it!!!

john88z
  • john88z

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

i fixed this by killing myself, ingame of course lol. I just shot a rocket at my feet, came back and I could get a wanted level again.

bubbamyke
  • bubbamyke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

yes, of course but when you save, restart the game and load, are you able to get wanted level again?

john88z
  • john88z

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

yeah every thing worked after this

juscal
  • juscal

Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:37 AM

Yes, I've heard of this glitch before. The fix is to kill Niko, then you can get your wanted level.

bubbamyke
  • bubbamyke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:40 AM Edited by bubbamyke, 16 March 2009 - 12:01 PM.

it only works until i restart the game. damn

i think my "main"-savegame ist f*cked up.
the wanted level does not work anymore. i searched the whole f*cking internet for a solution, no one could help me. i wrote to the supporters from take2 and rockstar, they do not want to help me. they only say "it isnt a bug, look in your booklet or forums for instructions." WTF!?!?! do they think i am f*cking stupid or something?
and there is that problem with the progress, which was locked at 75%. i have spent more than 60 hours with this game and now i can not achieve 100%.

i have no motivation to play on or start everything again. and the multiplayer sucks because of that stupid, fat, ugly pieces of s*it, who have no friends or life and are even too stupid to be good in a multiplayer game, so they are cheating.....

icon13.gif

guus81
  • guus81

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

I have the same problem, but I think it doesn't necessarily has to mean that it's because of a sh*tty save game. In one particular case I had just started a save game. Exiting the save house I started shooting some people and received a wanted level. That was great news for me because I hadn't had a wanted level in a while. My euphoria was for a short period of time, because when I tried to loose my wanted level by escaping the red marked area. The wanted level suddenly disappeared when I was still in the red marked zone.

When I restarted this save game I was able to get a wanted level again. I grabbed a cab to take me to Gerry McReary. When I arrived at Gerry's house I wasn't able to get a wanted level anymore.

So I guess this bug is some sort of time related. Like one minute in game you loose the ability to obtain a wanted level. Very strange indeed.

Also the cheat to actually get a wanted level (267-555-0150) doesn't work. Now I can't finish the game because I'm stuck at Derrick McReary's Tunnel of Death mission. It's impossible to loose a wanted level you don't have.

I hope a solution will be found soon.

Applying the receive wanted level cheat (267-555-0150) did help me finishing the Late Checkout mission (Ray Boccino). People having trouble finishing this mission, because there is no wanted level to loose. When I entered the hotel I Applied the (267-555-0150 cheat) three times. Giving me a three star wanted level. At the end of the mission at the roof of the hotel my wanted level suddenly decreased to one star. Strange, but I had one. So now I was able to finish.

Any people got suggestions for the Tunnel of Death mission?

Nietzsche's God
  • Nietzsche's God

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

I got the same problem. I don't normally play single player but I did play it yesterday and discovered the same thing - no stars. It had to happen from the last patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users