Photo

SecuRom Launcher has stopped working

3 replies to this topic
stannie65
  • stannie65

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

I got the game and after install, i try running it in vista and i get this message...

Securom launcher has stopped working.

through googling it, it mentions some D3DOverrider application that comes with RivaTuner as a possible problem, but i'm not aware of having that.

Basically means i cant play the game!

You guys got any suggestions?!

Cheers

Rob

Shadow@GTA
  • Shadow@GTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:09 PM

I have heard about people having to manually download an updated version of SecuROM in order to play some games. Personally I have never had to do anything like this, but I imagine you'd start by going to www.securom.com.

...now the question is, who would pick to voultarely download and install an updated version of a DRM...

Other things you may want to try:
1) Uninstall the game, and reinstall it making sure you're either the administrator or in the administrator group. In vista you're always somekind of user by default and you'll have to manually unlock the administrator account to access it.

1.1) Also make sure you install the game with all Anti-Virus applications off.

2) Run the game as an administrator and with all AV software off.

dog_day_sunrise
  • dog_day_sunrise

GTAF's Resident Niggling Pedant

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Shadow@GTA @ Dec 9 2008, 13:09)
I have heard about people having to manually download an updated version of SecuROM in order to play some games. Personally I have never had to do anything like this, but I imagine you'd start by going to www.securom.com.

...now the question is, who would pick to voultarely download and install an updated version of a DRM...

Other things you may want to try:
1) Uninstall the game, and reinstall it making sure you're either the administrator or in the administrator group. In vista you're always somekind of user by default and you'll have to manually unlock the administrator account to access it.

1.1) Also make sure you install the game with all Anti-Virus applications off.

2) Run the game as an administrator and with all AV software off.

Also, if you have Daemon tools or any burner software that constantly runs, Securom sometimes throws a wobbly. Disable it.

Qumulys
  • Qumulys

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

If you dare to step over to the left a bit, try a search in some torrent engines and you'll find a file which bypasses the securom startup check. Works fine on my retail copy and thats with social club and gfwl uneffected. That may help as a last resort I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users