Quantcast

» «
Photo

can't zoom with sniper (even when remapping key)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
Discuit4
  • Discuit4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:26 AM

So I'm stuck in the game, because of an unusual problem that I haven't seen anyone else post about.

Basically, I can't zoom in or out with the sniper rifle, or scroll on the computers at TW@.

Both of those are mapped by default to mousewheel up and down, and I play on a touchpad on a laptop, and have no "mousewheel" (there's a strip on the touchpad that works as a scroller tool in most things, but it doesn't seem to work in GTA4).

I remapped sniper zoom to regular keys, but they don't do anything when I press them (I've completed sniping missions so far just by sniping from all the way zoomed out). Also, I don't even know if you can map scrolling on the TW@ computers, it's not in the config.

Right now I've completed many missions (including some in Alderney) and as far as I can tell I need to do more for Brucie to continue. However, the Brucie mission I'm up to requires me to use a computer at TW@ and scroll it, so I'm stuck and can't continue with the story now.

Anyone have any ideas?

squareal
  • squareal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

You ain't alone.

Can't zoom even when I change to different keys.

No idea wtf is going on.

mystix
  • mystix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

Hi, I have the same problem only with the sniper (with the computers I use pg up and pg dn)
Does anyone have a solution please... confused.gif

Thx

foyaeman
  • foyaeman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

Same problem here, I just had to resort to using the "Pg Up" and "Pg Dn" keys on my laptop num-pad in order to scroll.

You can try an OS-level key remap to change any key of choice to Scroll Wheel...there are tons of free apps around to get the job done, google around smile.gif

thastrogg
  • thastrogg

PC GAMER And A Strogg?

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

I have thee same problem

creat3d22
  • creat3d22

Habs fan, for about 2 weeks every year...

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Same problem here, remapping to different keys doesn't change a thing.
It didn't prevent me from doing any mission, like the construction yard mission for Playboy but it's still annoying...

spong
  • spong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

Same problem here. Hope a patch comes out quick smart to fix this, I can't get past certain stages of the game without it. Most infuriating. icon13.gif

jagulito
  • jagulito

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

same problem here. can't believe it. doesn't work even if remapping keys. thought rockstar didn't make mistakes like these. sneaky2.gif

Blowcool
  • Blowcool

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

u can buy a mouse and hook it up to to your laptop or if u have iphone,ipad,ipod touch you can get the app remote mouse free version free full version is 1.99 hope this helps biggrin.gif

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

all yawl need to quit being cheap and buy a $5 or $10 usb mouse.
$8
the reason why no one has posted is because we know how stressful GTA IV is on a desktop computer, let alone a laptop
anyway, i agree with the above post, use the mouse for your missions when its needed and unplug it when it isn't?

finess
  • finess

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

The same issue here. I can't zoom in with my sniper rifle on the mission Pier 69. I've tried running across the street and killing off the people instead but that doesn't work either. Anyone come up with a solution to getting around this glitch?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (finess @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 20:32)
The same issue here. I can't zoom in with my sniper rifle on the mission Pier 69. I've tried running across the street and killing off the people instead but that doesn't work either. Anyone come up with a solution to getting around this glitch?

This forum is for GTA IV, not San Andreas. Post your problem in the San Andreas forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users