Photo

camera lock

5 replies to this topic
racerx2000
  • racerx2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:39 PM

is there a way to lock the camera behind the car when driving. so i don't need to move the mouse to see where I am going.
Thank you for any info. I'm using the keyboard and changed the driving keys to the arrows.

Fuel_81
  • Fuel_81

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (racerx2000 @ Dec 7 2008, 22:39)
is there a way to lock the camera behind the car when driving. so i don't need to move the mouse to see where I am going.
Thank you for any info. I'm using the keyboard and changed the driving keys to the arrows.

If you let go of the mouse as you drive, the camera (kinda) follows you.
I'm like you. It would be nice to have a solid locked cam for driving.

Stardog
  • Stardog

You can't eat the venetian blinds!

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:27 PM

Moving to a locked cam would be a step backward. That's why there hasn't been one since Vice City.

You'll get used to it and realise it's much better this way. I do online races on Multi Theft Auto all the time and having the old camera system would make me come last.

racerx2000
  • racerx2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:56 PM

thanks for the replys..Stardog do drive with your left hand and use the mouse with the right...the only games i play are driving games and all of the GTA's, i just got done with NFS-UC.. Fuel_81 I'm trying to get the hang of it. I just start GTA4 today, when driving I hit the cap lock on every turn and it resets the camera to the back of the car (sometimes).I guess I will have to try left hand driving...man that's hard...thank you.....

tall70
  • tall70

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:44 AM

It would be nice to have choice for everyone. Right now it's good for console controllers where you have both hands on it. For Steering Wheels locked cam is must. Otherwise you have to have one hand on wheel and other on mouse. Manageable, but not enough. I'm also not happy with adjusting view angle at every turn just to by able to see whats right on front of me, because we have no other choice but swing cam. But sure i understand others like it best. Well 2nd PC patch fixed allot of issues. Direct input support really works now, shadows are fixed, looks like performance is slightly increased. For that I'm great full. Hopefully somebody figures out soon where settings for chase cam swing are.

PS: However there is locked cam mod already made from hood cam. But it's all moving and waving with car on suspension, makes me dizzy.

iDash
  • iDash

GTA 5 Developer

• Members

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

dudes I would like to have camera lock cause when we are doing rustler dm in our server I often doesn't see where I'm shooting... camera lock would be great... I already used google but found just cam hack confused.gif
thx 4 answer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users