Quantcast

» «
Photo

Documenting GTA IV Data files

195 replies to this topic
gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Skeeter @ Dec 9 2008, 20:01)
user posted image

Find in vehoff.csv or whatever file it was. Find rebla entrys and edit the bonnent entry (2nd one of the rebla entrys) to this

VEHICLE rebla FIELD BONNET_FWD POS -0.402625 0.100000 0.764526 ANGLES -0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 FOV 92.000000

Yuck. The inside is really un-detailed. I'd like to see someone put some detail on the inside of the cars, change the handling a bit and you have a base for a Midnight Club mod for IV.

Skeeter
  • Skeeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

Indeed.

Skeeter
  • Skeeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:40 AM

Here is the turismo in cockpit mode (this would be so nice to drive if only it had better textures inside and higher poly dashboard etc like in tdu.

user posted image

KickyMcAssington
  • KickyMcAssington

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:46 AM Edited by KickyMcAssington, 10 December 2008 - 01:51 AM.

QUOTE (Skeeter @ Dec 10 2008, 01:40)
Here is the turismo in cockpit mode (this would be so nice to drive if only it had better textures inside and higher poly dashboard etc like in tdu.

user posted image

Would you mind starting a thread with a running log of the updates you've got done? save me the time of doing them all myself one by one biggrin.gif
Or just post the code along with your screenshots.

I used the exact same code you posted for the Chavos (since I had one in my parking spot for handling mods) and it worked perfectly.
However the same code didn't work out well for the Esperanto I had parked next to it.

Thanks again, keep up the good work. icon14.gif

*Edit* Hmm I still want my 3'rd person locked camera too.. how could we have both without juggling files around?

Skeeter
  • Skeeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:55 AM

Not sure mate. Also that turismo one is the last ill be doing for now, cos well its near 2am and im tired. Might do some more another time i duno tho.

Also post shots of what u come up with so i can see. smile.gif Make a new thread if you want and ill post in it when i can.

Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:55 AM Edited by Kitteh, 10 December 2008 - 09:41 AM.

Just discovered this: In VehOff.csv, the angles are in RADIANS. That means 180 degrees is Pi, or 3.14159. 360 degrees is 2Pi.

EDIT: I've been working on cockpit views for a couple hours now. Got at least 1/3 of the cars with very good cockpit views now.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (eagle016 @ Dec 10 2008, 02:07)
I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet. If you change the damagetype on UNARMED to 'BULLET' and add the <physics force= ""/> line (with the amount within the parentheses) it'll give Niko super strength when hitting objects/cars. For some reason it didn't work when I'd punch/push people.

The info for it would look like this:

<weapon type="UNARMED">
  <data slot="UNARMED" firetype="MELEE" damagetype="BULLET" group="PUNCH_KICK" targetrange="10.0" weaponrange="1.6">
   <damage base="500" networkplayermod="1.0" networkpedmod="1.0"/>
   <physics force="25000.0"/>
   <pickup regentime="0"/>

<controller>
    <rumble duration="60" intensity="0.23"/>
   </controller>

<flags>
    <flag>CAN_AIM</flag>
    <flag>ARMOUR_PENETRATING</flag>
   </flags>
  </data>
</weapon>

The size change is what you need to add/change to have super punches.

Here's a video of it in action with the max force amount:

I already see a heroes mod shaping up.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

That cockpit is looking nice, you're on Medium textures? maybe they're better at High. Might try the coupes/cabrio as they should be more detailed.

anyway, my flamethower MP5:

ph34r.gif Watch in HD

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

Lol ending JV. smile.gif
You should do it with the shotgun instead of ther MP5 as you get explosive and incendiary shells for the real ones.

GTAPlay4fun
  • GTAPlay4fun

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:11 PM

I've noticed this empty folder:
...\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\script
Is it used to store additional scm files? Is it where the X360 exclusive downloaded missions go? Can it be used to add new script mods?

Also, what's with ...\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\textures\test.txt? What is it supposed to test?

jos116
  • jos116

New account: DaBeast.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

The test.txt is just a test file, it doesnt do anything. My guess is they just forgot to delete it. When you open it it says 'blablablablablablabla' . Funny Rockstar it is.

Shadow-Link
  • Shadow-Link

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

Seems like the IDE and IPL files got merged together.

The objs part of the IDE is build like this (First values are the same as the one in the IDE files the other values are the same as the IPL files as seen in SA)
ModelName, TextureName, DrawDistance?, Flags, Interior?, x, y, z, sx, sy, sz, rx, ry, rz, rw, LOD

I tried to remove all entries from brook_n.ide. The buildings near the harbor you arrive disapeared but I was still able to drive on the places where the roads should be. Looks like collision is handled differently. Does anyone have some more information on the xpl and wpl files?

KickyMcAssington
  • KickyMcAssington

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:01 PM

Crossposting from the camera auto center thread,

Here's a few of the View mods I've worked up.

There's a locked chase cam setup for the Comet, and for a couple bikes and a Dashboard cam for a couple cars.

High-Def icon14.gif MUCH BETTER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhfy2wA7b8&fmt=22

Low-Res icon13.gif so ugly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrt6enRZoJ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1CjgfqD3Ww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhfy2wA7b8

The dashboard cam is tricky because you've got to be careful niko's head doesn't go through the cam when he's bouncing around in the car, otherwise you see the back of his eyes and its creepy... So I moved the cam up and forward to avoid clipping. Also the first number after "Angles" in vehoff.csv lets you angle the view down as if you were moving the mouse, but sets the default starting position, I used 0.200000 for the bikes chase cam.

Someone mentioned the helicopters default view stayed locked on. I don't think the default views are stored in that same file, Unless they are named badly, the other views for each vehicle in vehoff.csv seem to be the cinematic views.. unless the standard chase cam is hidden there we'll have to look elseware.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Dec 10 2008, 05:30)
QUOTE (eagle016 @ Dec 10 2008, 02:07)
I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet. If you change the damagetype on UNARMED to 'BULLET' and add the <physics force= ""/> line (with the amount within the parentheses) it'll give Niko super strength when hitting objects/cars. For some reason it didn't work when I'd punch/push people.

The info for it would look like this:

<weapon type="UNARMED">
  <data slot="UNARMED" firetype="MELEE" damagetype="BULLET" group="PUNCH_KICK" targetrange="10.0" weaponrange="1.6">
   <damage base="500" networkplayermod="1.0" networkpedmod="1.0"/>
   <physics force="25000.0"/>
   <pickup regentime="0"/>

<controller>
    <rumble duration="60" intensity="0.23"/>
   </controller>

<flags>
    <flag>CAN_AIM</flag>
    <flag>ARMOUR_PENETRATING</flag>
   </flags>
  </data>
</weapon>

The size change is what you need to add/change to have super punches.

Here's a video of it in action with the max force amount:

I already see a heroes mod shaping up.

Or perhaps even a Crackdown mod? tounge.gif

Anyway, I put a little video together.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (KickyMcAssington @ Dec 10 2008, 23:01)

There's a locked chase cam setup for the Comet, and for a couple bikes and a Dashboard cam for a couple cars.

High-Def icon14.gif MUCH BETTER:

Low-Res icon13.gif so ugly:

The dashboard cam is tricky because you've got to be careful niko's head doesn't go through the cam when he's bouncing around in the car, otherwise you see the back of his eyes and its creepy... So I moved the cam up and forward to avoid clipping. Also the first number after "Angles" in vehoff.csv lets you angle the view down as if you were moving the mouse, but sets the default starting position, I used 0.200000 for the bikes chase cam.

Someone mentioned the helicopters default view stayed locked on. I don't think the default views are stored in that same file, Unless they are named badly, the other views for each vehicle in vehoff.csv seem to be the cinematic views.. unless the standard chase cam is hidden there we'll have to look elseware.

Good job with the Dashboards, I know I'll be playing like that. icon14.gif

smoot178
  • smoot178

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:48 AM Edited by smoot178, 11 December 2008 - 06:12 AM.

Any way to get buses to start driving in traffic?

Edit: I was able to fix it. All I had to do was remove the restricted vehicles line from a file.

In my haste I also had police cars spawn as buses. Undesired effect:

user posted image

biggrin.gif

Anyways. There were other buses that actually had people driving them around biggrin.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:13 AM

Wow, with all these wonderful but simple mods with simple edits to the file, it makes me think that Rockstar is allowing people to mod more than ever. Previously you couldn't have mods like these with simple edits.

smoot178
  • smoot178

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:36 AM

Hm apparently it wasn't the restriction allowing the buses to spawn.

I wouldn't think it was the police spawn because normal clothed people were driving them, so what could be happening here?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Dec 11 2008, 03:06)
Or perhaps even a Crackdown mod? tounge.gif

Anyway, I put a little video together.

lol.gif the top down camera ending was almost like the good old GTA I&II.

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

spaceeinstein  Posted on Dec 11 2008, 07:13
  Wow, with all these wonderful but simple mods with simple edits to the file, it makes me think that Rockstar is allowing people to mod more than ever. Previously you couldn't have mods like these with simple edits.

I was discussing that very thing with JV on the Gostown irc the other night, we both came to the same conclusion as yourself.
It deos seem that someone, somewhere at Rockstar still has a beating modders heart. Can it be true that they haven't all turned into money oriented gits after all?

Things are shaping up nicely for this outing of GTA for us modders. smile.gif

Edited because my works internetz phailz. sad.gif

eagle016
  • eagle016

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:26 AM

Okay so the other day I mentioned something about replacing peds with cops by editing 'pedgrp' (among other files) and that it was crashing my game.

Well, the cops in that file have 2 lines that show up something like this:
M_M_COP_TRAFFIC, M_O_COP_FAT
M_O_TROOPER

The past times I removed all 3 models and replaced with just one (M_O_HASID_0) and it would crash, but today I changed it so that I had it like this:
M_O_HASID_0, M_Y_HASID_0
M_O_TROOPER

In doing that I was able to successfully have Jews become cops without the game crashing, so I believe that in order to replace them in the 'pedgrp' file you need 2 make sure you still have 2 models on that first line. No more cops/jews showed up after I got so many stars (which would require SWAT), though they did appear in the helicopter that comes after you... so I'll need to check that out tomorrow.

I don't know if anyone was attempting to mess with the 'pedgrp' file and was having troubles or were interested in it, so I thought I'd just post and share my findings of it and maybe someone else is trying the same thing and have been able to have SWAT/NOOSE appear as the "new cops".

nebura
  • nebura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

How to change NPC's driving behaviorH
NPC's driving is too aggressive that cannnot stop at red light nervous.gif

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

vehicles.ide is a weird one. I've been trying to change wheel sizes but nothing seems to happen. In SA you had a flag to set whether the wheel, collision or both grew in size using the provided settings however that no longer seems to be there.

Here's the file tidied up a bit:

user posted image

The penultimate 4 columns in the screen shot confuse me. From what I can tell from left you right you have:

Front/rear wheel sizes - dirt level - ?? - LOD multi - ?? - Flags.

The first ?? must be for the swankness header, which I'm assuming is what the girlfriend reacts to so I wonder what the other ?? is for?

Paymox
  • Paymox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Kitteh @ Dec 10 2008, 07:55)
EDIT: I've been working on cockpit views for a couple hours now. Got at least 1/3 of the cars with very good cockpit views now.

Mind sharing? smile.gif

pinky
  • pinky

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Dup @ Dec 11 2008, 18:06)
vehicles.ide is a weird one. I've been trying to change wheel sizes but nothing seems to happen. In SA you had a flag to set whether the wheel, collision or both grew in size using the provided settings however that no longer seems to be there.

Here's the file tidied up a bit:

user posted image

The penultimate 4 columns in the screen shot confuse me. From what I can tell from left you right you have:

Front/rear wheel sizes - dirt level - ?? - LOD multi - ?? - Flags.

The first ?? must be for the swankness header, which I'm assuming is what the girlfriend reacts to so I wonder what the other ?? is for?

About the swankyness thing, peds do react to nice cars and I have had guys walk past an Infernus and nod aproval while lookig at it.

Costar
  • Costar

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

High-Def  icon14.gif  MUCH BETTER:

Low-Res  icon13.gif  so ugly:

Kicky, so this mod is how you get the camera to behave "actively" instead of you having to control it w/ the mouse or are you playin w/ a controller and it auto-adjusts the camera like on console ?

I hate having to drag the camera around..

With all the bouncing, it kind of makes me think of the "drunk cam"..
The quality is great, what settings are you using if I may ask ?

Proly have a much better pc than mine but mine are pretty low w/ still some funky texture issues thats really bugging me ...

I'm guessing that everyones vids or for the most part are made using the in-game editor ...
These are some great ideas, Ty for pointing me to this topic Kicky

steveb07
  • steveb07

StevE

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

High-Def  icon14.gif  MUCH BETTER:

Low-Res  icon13.gif  so ugly:

Hey can you please share the lines you used for the cam in vehOff.csv file?

Intosia
  • Intosia

I'm random! ^^

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:28 PM Edited by Intosia, 11 December 2008 - 09:38 PM.

Ok, ive been reading these modding topic and got really interested myself smile.gif

Ive did a really easy fix on the loading startup screens:

In Loadingscreens_pc.dat

CODE

[4:3]

#
# 1 - Legal Screen
#

[BEGIN]

Flag : LEGAL

Objects : 0

Duration : 20

Fade : NONE

[END]

Change the Duration to shorten that intro's. This example shows the first Legal screen. Scroll down for the other 3 loading screens. Saved ALOT of startup time smile.gif

scrollbars.dat holds text that apears on marques or banners. Looks fun.
trainCamNodes.txt holds the camera positions when riding the train.

Phnx
  • Phnx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

I just deleted the code for the legal screens and R* screens. Works, too! smile.gif

How can I center the "normal" car-camera (the one you all find so annoying) in all three distance-modes?

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Intosia @ Dec 11 2008, 22:28)
Ok, ive been reading these modding topic and got really interested myself :)

Ive did a really easy fix on the loading startup screens:

In Loadingscreens_pc.dat

Yea I've already released a mod that removes that logos, the startup is faster now. :D

KickyMcAssington, the third video rocks, I hope you'll release it. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users